HUDSONS FURNITURE Employee Reviews

Great Company!
General Manager (GM) (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLSeptember 8, 2018
After moving to Florida and wanting to get out of hospitality I came across Hudson's. I was assigned a phenoimnal trainer and given great training. After going through a period as a sales consultant, i worked through a Manager-In-Training program which was a fast track to being a GM. Great compensation and opportunity to advancement!
September 20, 2018

Thanks so much for leaving a review! We appreciate your feedback!

Very poor training practice for you to be able to move as quickly as they want you to the floor selling
Sales design consultant (Former Employee) –  Tampa FloridaAugust 12, 2018
They have a very backwards way of trying to train a new employee, so it's very difficult for you to get the information because either the employees aren't very helpful because they have their job to do and don't want to miss a lead ( don't blame them ) or the manager doesn't know themselves how to do it. A very disappointing experience especially on a management end. I really think they need to view themselves the training manuals so they know what's going on for a new employee that's never sold Furniture before. Which is what they look for! Every employee I spoke to said they never had to take this training on the computer so even though some of them are trying to be helpful had never taken that particular training themselves. Videos are from 2016 and very tedious because they repeat themselves over when they're trying to train you on the computer end. Although I got a hundred percent on all my tests I still didn't know where to find the information necessary to complete the task at hand in just practice. Once again I put this on management for not knowing how to properly run the sales floor.
Take a day or two to show the new employee the sales floor and how to find the information needed for posting different product lines. Then get them the information needed to continue onto the video end of the training so you're totally aware of what is happening.
Cons
Training, 80 brands to learn in one week. No basic knowledge by management
September 20, 2018

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review. I appreciate your feedback on the training program. We've recently made some changes to help improve the experience and are continuing to update the video training platform.

very serious work place must work hard
Driver ( Vacation/ Executive Sales) (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJuly 26, 2018
haven't been there in a few years so I cant really comment to what this is asking. when I was there I worked hard and smiled a lot and stayed to my self
August 31, 2018

Thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback.

It depends on if you're hourly or commission
Builder (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 27, 2018
As far as working commission you can usually get out of work early.
When your job is done you can clock out. You can be done with work in most cases between 11am and 1pm.

General Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 26, 2018
Hudson's furniture is a family run business that feels like home. The owners are excellent, involved, and caring. I would highly recommend reading their customer reviews. It is overall a well regarded company.
Pros
No limits to your success or the opportunities.

Great management
Design Associate (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLJune 26, 2018
Hudson's has excellent training, and it is ongoing. They have a passion for customer service, and making the customer feel comfortable coming in to the store, and making a purchase.

Thanks for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback.

Stay far away from this company!
Order Puller (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLJune 4, 2018
You are expected to essentially work for free because they refuse to pay for the work you actually do. Absolute horrible management in the receiving department which is the same department that handles the daily pull, nobody knows what's going on day to day and they show no appreciation for longtime employees.
Pros
Cons
Working for free
not a good place to work
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Clearwater, FLMay 16, 2018
one hour meeting every day before store opens. you are not paid for this time. no office staff so the sales people are to answer phones, and take care of customers complaints. calling previous customers
who haven't purchased, to get them back in the store and try to get that sale.
Pros
Cons
This is a very stressful place to work.
Not worth your time!
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLMay 14, 2018
You are made to feel special for about 2 months then you are on your own. Cut throat employees and management that turns away from it. CEO doesn't care unless you are the top performers.
Pros
Cons
Everything. Not worth your time
May 18, 2018

I'm so sorry to hear that you did not enjoy your time with us. Would you be open to discussing the issues you brought up? If so, please give me a call at 407-708-5963 or email me at klestrange@hudsonsfurniture.com.

poor management
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLMay 5, 2018
there are a lot of managers with no management. They are reactive not pro active. no raises after 6 years ..furniture is very heavy to be lifting on a daily basis. department mangers as they say come with the building been there for years and don't even follow SAFETY GUIDELINES
benefits
Cons
no room to grow
I enjoyed my time at Hudson's
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Ocala, FLApril 19, 2018
Hudson's carries a bewildering amount of furniture vendors. If a customer cannot find it at Hudson's it probably does not exist. This however can be a double edge sword by giving the customer too many choices leaving them in a confused state. This happens more often than not. When hired the management team was very upfront about earnings possibilities and what is expected from you. The staff was wonderful to work with and I found the atmosphere generally to be very relaxed. When you join this company you have to expect that you are not going to make huge sums of money right out of the gate. If you do not have a financial cushion to fall back on for at least the first 3 months of employment, this job is not for you. The reason behind this is that most sales are custom order requiring 8-10 weeks delivery time. The sale people get paid on delivered items. The upside is that once you build up enough sales and clientele you will make a lot of money here. The Management team was great and Hudson family is very approachable if you have a concern as an employee
Pros
unlimited earnings potential, Management team, Friendly co-workers, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
Bewildering amount of vendors, pay when you first start out. Constant out of stock issues for items displayed on sales floor
review
Design and Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  altamonte springsApril 5, 2018
It was a nice environment, just too many people working the floor at one time. Not enough opportunity for every sales associate. Great energy in the workplace, just not a job that's financially stable.

Comment – April 6, 2018

Thank you for leaving us a review! We appreciate your feedback!

Stay away!
Design Consultant (Current Employee) –  Ormond Beach, FLMarch 19, 2018
Upper management doesn't want to hear of problems if the store overall is performing well, several people were forced out or terminated following their complaints to HR...the message is "DON'T ROCK THE BOAT"

Comment – March 22, 2018

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review. We appreciate the time you spent with us and wish you the best of luck in your future endeavours!

Look elseware
Design Consultant /Sales (Former Employee) –  Altamonte Springs, FLFebruary 10, 2018
Company has way too many turn arounds, no stable management what so ever! Owners more concern about their jet and private island than instead of being more concern over their employees. Also if your not making over 150k a month your just consider nobody important. Never again

Comment – February 16, 2018

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at Hudson's was disappointing. We strive to be a great place to work and it sounds like we did not meet that expectation for you. If you would be open to sharing more about your experience, please email me at HR@hudsonsfurniture.com to set up a time to talk.

Awesome workplace
Retail Associate (Current Employee) –  Snowflake, AZFebruary 5, 2018
This is a great place to work - clear expectations and fair compensation. Supervision is consistent. You can get as much as you put in out of working here. Great training and ongoing support.

Comment – February 9, 2018

Thanks so much for your review! We appreciate your feedback.

Great Company
Sales/Business Development (Former Employee) –  Ormond eDecember 9, 2017
Great company to work for. Too many management changes but change is always necessary for improvement. Great benefits package and training, great team.

Comment – December 15, 2017

Sign Holder
sign holder (Former Employee) –  Melbourne, FLDecember 9, 2017
Sign holding for Hudson's was a temporary job for me . It could be a bit monotonous however I did have my walkman and listened to my music while standing holding the sign . Their signs were a bit heavy to hold maid of 2 by 4 construction , They were rather tall and kept wanting to fly off down the road.. I have noticed most sign holders now hold lighter weight signs that seem like they wouldn't fly away quite so easily.
Pros
temporary and gave me some instant wages
Cons
temporary and would prefer to have a steady paycheck
Working at Hudson's
Design Consultant (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLNovember 6, 2017
The manager is an a hard working, fair individual. The culture is good. The President of the company is a sharp young man. The customers are great. The staff is great. The traffic is very low and it makes it hard to make a living. The work life balance is not good due to having to work every weekend day and most holidays. Also, there is no sales traffic after 7 pm in Lakeland, yet they are open until 9 pm every day except Sunday.
Pros
Good environment
Cons
Working every weekend and every Sunday. Working until 9 pm when the traffic dies by 7 pm.

Comment – November 10, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to leave us a review! I'm happy to hear you were pleased with the environment and staff at our Lakeland showroom. I appreciate your feedback about the light traffic in the evenings as well.

poorly run company and don't care about employees
Service Delivery Manager (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLOctober 6, 2017
family run company and they only care about making profits for themselves. No loyalty to employees and they are not open to hearing suggestions.

vacation time is only granted on a yearly basis and per day worked as most companies are. Raises are rarely if ever given.

tremendous amount of favoritism takes place throughout the entire company.

Comment – November 3, 2017

I want to thank you for taking the time to give us your feedback. I am really sorry that your experience at Hudson's did not match our intention of being the best place you ever worked. We are taking your feedback and addressing all the places we missed in delivering a great experience for you.

fun workplace
Warehouse Worker (Former Employee) –  Sanford, FLSeptember 20, 2017
friendly staff and employees, fast paced, kept busy in warehouse environment, relaxed place to work not stressful, ok pay and benefits, had to relocate or would still work there.
Pros
good work environment

Comment – November 3, 2017

Thanks for taking the time to leave us a review! If you return to the Central Florida area, please stop by to say hello!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HUDSONS FURNITURE. Our community is ready to answer.

2.9