Huffy Corporation Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Great Culture Fit
Forecast Analyst (Current Employee) –  Bentonville, ARMay 15, 2018
The Huffy culture is wonderful--everyone is very respectful and passionate about their role. Small company as far as headcount but it makes everyone approachable from Senior Leaders down. If this is important to you, you'll enjoy it.
Dynamic Culture
Managing Director of New Business (Current Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 30, 2018
We get to work with bikes, scooters, and toys every day, which is pretty awesome.The company is working to reinvent itself after 126 years in business. It is a very exciting time to be at Huffy Corporation. The leadership team is strong and co-workers care for each other and about doing a great job. The company just moved into a new modern office space conducive to a collaborative work environment. An amazing perk is that the leadership team built a great gym for the employees.
Pros
Strong leadership, opportunities for advancement, employees care for each other, doing good in the community
Excellent Opportunities to Make Fun Happen
Senior Human Resources Generalist (Current Employee) –  Miamisburg, OHApril 26, 2018
Huffy is a progressive, comfortable environment where employees can grow and succeed. The entire organization cares about the customer and each other, which is rare in today's world. The CEO is open and honest with every level of employee and inspires us each day to do wonderful things.
Pros
Benefits, Pto, Working Environment, Coworkers who care
I liked the teamwork
machinist, welder, driver (Former Employee) –  Azusa, CAMarch 16, 2018
Huffy's made bicycles the were affordable and well made. We were

like a big family and everyone got along very well. Sometimes we

would meet after work.
Pros
I enjoied working there.
Cons
They move to Oaklahoma
Great environment to learn and work
International Traffic Assistant (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJanuary 8, 2018
I would work there again if they offered me a position. I loved the environment and people at Huffy. Employees were trwated well with bonuses and ability to purchase companies products.
It was good
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Covina, CASeptember 11, 2017
Worked here for 10 years loved it it sucked that they had to lay me off but its for the best wish the best of luck for the new guys god knew I did lol
Huffy
Credit Account Analyst (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHJuly 26, 2017
When I worked for this company they were experiencing serious financial difficulties and filed bankruptcy. Morale was down and it was very stressful. It seems that they are back on track.
meh
Clamp/Forklift operator (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAApril 6, 2017
Not enough pay, people getting laid off left and right, there was never any parking, benefits werent that great. Then again it was through an angency.
Nice place to work
Clamp forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  San Pedro, CAJanuary 30, 2017
Team member of the warehouse are close to each and every single worker, really nice warehouse with really clean break rooms and bathrooms, also well organized.
Pros
break rooms have AC and always clean
Cons
Its located in San Pedro behind an oil refinery
great american work place
Assembler (Former Employee) –  was located in Celina, Ohio but now closedDecember 12, 2016
Building a product made in the USA means alot to me. Even tho it was a union it was pretty great place. I spent 18 years there and I would do it again if I had to. Those were the days
Pros
made in America
Cons
foreign trade ruins it for american companies
hired in when i was ninteen
Factory Worker (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHDecember 3, 2016
worked there eighteen years made allot of friends there worked in assembly , paint , weld ,wheelroom ,machine shop fork fab ,warehouse,rim line
Pros
it was close to home
Cons
they laid off allot
Lots of travel and lots of fun
AREA MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLJune 11, 2016
This was a great job. Traveling 5 out of 7 days almost every week. given the opportunity to increase business substantially and was paid well for my success at it. There was no set schedule each day.
Pros
travel and no set schedule
Fast work
Assembly Worker (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHJune 12, 2015
Had to use hands and different tools to due various types of work to assembly bicycles in a factory. Had to learn many jobs.
Pros
Time went quick
Cons
many layoffs
Great company and great opportunity
IT Coordinator and Operations Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHApril 24, 2015
Opportunity and technology drove the position - all new systems and opportunities were available during the employment. Truly and enjoyable environment
An exciting fast paced employment.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MOAugust 9, 2014
It had many departments and line rotations sections with shift leaders and managers and office personal. It ran three lines sizes of bikes, paint departments, welding, stock rooms, wheel departments, storage areas, label areas, and line assembly work and packing departments. They had shifts days or evenings.
Pros
Days went quick with constant line work.
Cons
Tools hung from atop workers this caused trouble is a person was short.
Wonderful factory to work for, while they lasted in Farmington.
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Farmington, MODecember 20, 2013
Troubleshoot and repair the assembly line conveyors. Also replaced and maintained air tools, wheel building equipment, and truing robots.
Pros
State of the art facility
Cons
Shut down.
Worked various jobs on the factory floor.
Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Celina, OHApril 21, 2013
I had an assigned department. If everyone was there I may do inventory, stocking the lines or going to another department to assist them.
Pros
i liked doing inventory, filing customers orders, and stocking.
Cons
it was loud and dirty. not much chance of advancement. they closed the factory down, moved out of state.
Conservative company having little concern for its employees
Chief Human Resources Officer (Former Employee) –  Dayton, OHSeptember 22, 2012
Senior Management was not progressive or really concerned about its employees.
Pros
nothing
Cons
not a progressive or people oriented company
Official response from Huffy Corporation
June 11, 2018

Huffy, like any company that is 125+ years old, had it's ups and downs. We have come a long way over the course of our business ventures and realize that our employees are the most important asset we have. In the past two years, we've become more progressive and have new reviews to attest to our commitment to employees and candidates as well. Our benefits have been revised to reflect the changing world and bring value to our employees' lives. We welcome the opportunity to discuss our company, culture, history, and future with you!

Very good company until greed was documented by company officials
Group/Utility Operator (Former Employee) –  Celina, OhioJune 20, 2012
Enjoyed working there very much and really liked working in Sub Assembly and on the assembly lines. The friends I made there some I still have and really was upset when they decided to close the plant. I worked there 22 years and thought I would retire there.
Pros
could buy bicycles at a discount
Cons
lost job after 22 years there and that really broke my heart.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huffy Corporation. Our community is ready to answer.