Huge Employee Reviews

dont do it
Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 15, 2018
before HUGE went public it was a pretty great place to work. Once IPG stepped in, everything changed. There are massive layoffs every year, you advancement is based more on who you know rather than the work you put in.
Awesome Place to Work
Senior Accountant (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 9, 2018
Huge provides a great environment to work in. The people in the office a very friendly and always willing to help. We have a awesome "bring your dog to work" policy.
Fun place to work at
Freelance Motion Designer (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCMarch 4, 2018
I really enjoyed my time at Huge. I was only there for a week as I was they hired me part time for a project they were working on. But, the people there were nice and friendly, and if given the opportunity, I would go back if I could.
Fun place to work but not supportive
Associate (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 26, 2018
Cool office and all that, great benefits and interesting people to work with. But management is not invested in your career as a junior employee. Sink/swim mentality.
Fun culture and amazing people
Visual Designer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYOctober 2, 2017
I made the most of my time at huge, the culture was great and the people were amazing, but I felt like my career advancement was stunted. The growth of the company skyrocketed and in my opinion it was hard for them to sustain that growth.
Huge
Client services (Former Employee) –  NYC, NYAugust 9, 2017
Dynamic place to work, always changing and very competitive. If you're not comfortable with that, you will not do well at Huge, but if you are, then you will be fine.
Pros
food, company events
Cons
demanding, pressure to grow
A great place to work with smart & candid people
GROUP DIRECTOR, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT (Current Employee) –  Oakland, CAJuly 19, 2017
The culture and attitude of the offices vary widely, but Huge is generally a great place to work with lots of up-front candor and a common goal of wanting to do the best work. Generally some of the best account management I've seen (and I don't work in that group). Politics are rough at the top levels, but otherwise it's all really good.

Be warned though: If you're a highly sensitive person or you dread real feedback OR if you lack the ability to stand up for yourself or your ideas this may not be a good fit. Strong personalities thrive though.
Pros
Nice perks, genuinely smart colleagues, decent work life balance.
Cons
It's still an agency, and there is no firewall to keep out awful clients.
Typical Agency - Overpromise, underdeliver
Sitecore Technical Architect (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJune 20, 2017
Huge is a typical design agency trying to integrate development work. If you're a designer, this would be an ideal place to work. As a developer, you get short-changed.

Huge doesn't understand CMS or the thinking necessary to deliver on the beautiful designs they create.
Pros
Work with really smart people, beautiful design work
Cons
No real process, under-deliver to clients
Great job, needs flexible hours
Contract Senior QA Analyst (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMarch 15, 2017
See above. Great job, great company, great coworkers. I felt respected and like I was contributing more than I was allowed to with previous employers.

Well-stocked kitchen with all of the seltzer you can drink, great tea, great coffee, bagel day once a week.

Incredibly socially aware company, blew my mind how good they were about it.

Cons: Hours are 9:30 - 6, period. No flexibility.

People steal things off of your desk, you must put things in your drawer and lock it.
Unspoken work life imbalance
Associate Program Director (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 9, 2017
Working long hours is required, but not talked about openly. Burnout is quick for most. People are incredibly smart and the work is always amazing. It just comes with a lot of sweat and tears.
Poor Management
Senior Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Detroit, MIDecember 7, 2016
Turning into the next Team Detroit office. Managment hand picks the staff, no internal promotions, must adhere to NYC office hours, sit within UM teams.
High turn over with a corporate attitude.
Anon (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYAugust 18, 2016
This place is seriously messed up. I have never seen so many hires and fires a day or such a cavalier attitude to who comes or goes. It is 100% politics and show. I've worked at corporate jerk places with more perks and benefits, but in the end here if you have something like a family or health problem you have to deal with...bye-bye.

Only "big-wigs" are "important", so if you are thinking "gosh, my coworker has a major work stopping situation" or "gosh, that guy has a simple lame dumb problem and it isn't effecting any progress, but I can help him in five seconds". Well basically you are wrong. And guess what, the "big wig" is fired tomorrow anyhow, and so are you.
Pros
Nice people day to day
Cons
Terrible management, no OT compensation. Insane backstabbing and HR.
Happy Place To Work
Business Analyst (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYApril 4, 2016
Coworkers who are great human beings, very smart, and cool work. Happiest I've ever been at work.

However, if you lack a strong manager it is easy to be swept up as a casualty in office politics.
Lacking in leadership
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYApril 17, 2014
Very long hours, work/life balance is non-existent. Upper management lacked the skills or knowledge to support their departments.
Dont waste your time... you can do better
UX Lead (Current Employee) –  BrooklynApril 1, 2014
Yes its great to have alcohol on the premises at Huge and all the Seltzer water and apples you can eat but at the end of the day its not worth it.

In essence you learn nothing unless you are part of a click. Clicks are notorious at Huge no one really EVER earns an opportunity to get "there" on their own because they know the craft.. its all about who on the management side they know internally. Its said that you should master your job title before seeking another role... well if you smoke up with the right person.. IF they happen to remember the discussion afterward-you may just get what you want. Its not until a BIG mistake is made that cant be buried that people wake up and really start to focus. No growth potential, no process, not a real grown up working environment. Management needs to be managed.in most cases fired ..When you have tote bags that say Gold WEED Myrrah and Zero F's.. it leaves a lot to whats going on beneath the surface.. Stay away from this sweatshop and find a better place to earn your keep!!!!!
Pros
Commute
Cons
lazy employees, cut throat enviornment, dirty facility, benefits
Productive, Fun place to Work in
Software QA Consultant (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAOctober 26, 2013
Great project. Great leadership skills from immediate management. Opportunity to learn an expand your knowledge base on daily basis
Pros
overall great culture
Cons
balance of personal and work life
Full of smart, great people who care.
Secret! (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYMay 18, 2013
The best part of working at Huge is working with and learning from super smart, talented people who actually care about their work and doing the best job they can. The agency has great clients and challenging/interesting projects.
The thing I really appreciate about the culture is that everyone is given the freedom to be themselves. People come from all different countries, backgrounds, lifestyles, etc. People who wear khakis collaborate and get along with people who are covered in tattoos and piercings. It's really easy to be social and make friends at work. It doesn't hurt that DUMBO is an amazing neighborhood to work in and Huge offers perks like free snacks/beer, bike racks, nice office space, dogs in the office, etc.
Pros
The people, culture, innovation, clients
Cons
Growing pains while scaling quickly, including management/staffing challenges
Productive, fun and dog-friendly work environment with a ping pong table, beer fridge, couches, projection screen, library, free snacks.
Communications Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYFebruary 19, 2013
Huge is a digital agency that provides business strategy, design, marketing and technology services to some of the world's largest businesses and best-known brands. The company is known for successfully harmonizing user needs and business goals to create industry-changing digital experiences for its clients.

Productive, fun and dog-friendly work environment with a ping pong table, beer fridge, couches, projection screen, library, free snacks and conference rooms named after celebrities. A typical day at work includes often working/brainstorming on the couches or in the kitchen as you can take your laptops with you wherever you like to work. A very creative atmosphere filled with very talented people.
Pros
fun work atmosphere
Cons
benefits/healthcare
Overpay for good reason...
Experience Lead (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 25, 2013
Place pays well... Because they have to. And they will try to make you drink the kool aid.

Management has minimal experience to lead which explains why they have to and have such large egos to compensate.

Note they hire people without due diligence and fire / layoff in a whim. Beware.
Pros
perky office, doggies
Cons
lack of expertise, bad environment
Above Average Agency
Producer (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, NYJanuary 1, 2013
Above Average Agency in terms of environment. Overly process oriented, cultured but bordering cultish.
Pros
foodies
Cons
commute

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huge. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

3.6Personal Development

3.8Career Opportunities

4.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight