Huggins Hospital Employee Reviews

fun place
Patient Account Representative - Lead (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHApril 19, 2018
I don't agree to provide my opinion regarding my employment with Huggins Hospital I feel this is between my employer and possibly future employers when needed.
what I learned
Patient Access Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHMarch 22, 2018
this place was very unfair, only one sided HR is the worse. Great group of staff I worked with. They try for the patient but not enough. Not all are treated equal.
Don't waste your time and energy on this place.
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHNovember 26, 2017
Was warned by a patient my first day not to get too comfortable working here. She was correct. The management is all about saving pennies and are fine with getting rid of their experienced staff. Very poor management style.
Pros
great lunch room
Cons
everything else.
Its a hospital
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 12, 2017
I used to work in the cafeteria 9am- 10:30am in the kitchen stocking, serving customers, and cleaning up. After 10:30am until 4pm I went to Medical Records. honestly I didn't mind the cafeteria but the medical records I absolutely did not like it you have to like scanning, you have to like the Office style job.
Pros
great Employees
Cons
I think its boring
Backstabbing co-workers. Horrible management
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHAugust 18, 2017
The pay is low. Poor management. High employee turnover. Very unpleasant place to work. They treat the help poorly. There needs to be a management change in the facilities department and housekeeping department. Lack of trust from management. Try giving the employees a decent wage and treat them well. Then you probably would keep your help. As long as current management is there it will never happen. Has to be the worst place I have ever worked.
Pros
You get to leave after your shift
Cons
Low pay, high turnover. Poor management
Friendly place to work
MA (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHApril 18, 2017
Unfortunately I was only here a short time do to the fact I was on an internship program as a Medical Assistant. The Orthopedic office I spent most of my time was warm, friendly, and informative. My coworkers were more then happy to teach me the ins and outs of the office.
Review
MEDICAL ASSISTANT (Current Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHApril 17, 2017
A typical day at work is all the staff including the providers do their best to go above and beyond to meet the needs of our patients. In the time that I've spent with this company I have been in all of their outside locations and had the opportunity to pick up most of my skills from these experiences. I feel that being in different scenarios with different teaching styles has made me the employee I am today. Management in the individual offices runs smooth and I actually feel like I have a voice. The atmosphere in my office is nothing less than a team! The hardest part of my job is having to fill positions on the clerical side of things simply because it isn't what drives me.The most enjoyable part of my job is getting to make that difference in a patients day, even if its only for the time they are in the office.
Pros
work environment
benefits
Good workplace
Maintenance Technician II (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHMarch 28, 2017
I worked at Huggins for 6 years starting on third shift and after two years was asked to take a first shift position which I did it worked out better for my children to be able to see me I continued to work there for four more years in which I was mainly in charge of the floor maintenance and the boiler room
Pros
Not much
Cons
a lot
Great staff!
VICE PRESIDENT OF ADVANCEMENT (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 11, 2017
Great people and commitment by the staff to excel at patient care. The staff genuinely care about each other, and that can make working at Huggins a very positive experience.
stressful place to work due to staff
Emergency Room Technician (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHJanuary 17, 2017
Staff runs the department - not the manager making it a stressful place to work.

They make sure they have exactly who they want working with them..
Great little acute care hospital
Emergency room nurse (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHOctober 14, 2016
The first hospital I ever worker at. Efficient, organized ER.
Learned how to be independent, but also how to work as part of the team.
Great support and management
Pros
great neighborhood
Cons
unstable job security
Great facility,wonderful staff, management lacks alot
Surgical First Assistant (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 23, 2016
Great staff, friendly,caring nice new facility,benefits just average, pay on the low side, management has a lot to be desired the statement you get what you pay for holds true for management at Huggins.
Pros
Great staff, flexible schedule
Cons
Management sucks, low pay scale
Awful management
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHAugust 30, 2016
Management gains up on employees to get rid of them makes up lies hostile work environment awful place to work wouldn't recommend unless you kiss butt
Never work here.
Nurse (Former Employee) –  WolfboroAugust 18, 2016
Horrific experience. Run. Run fast. Weak management. Coworkers with personal agendas. Unwilling to properly train, then leave you out to dry.
Pros
12 hr shifts
Cons
I love health care, but this was the worst experience in my 35 yrs of nursing.
Excellent, caring, knowledgeable, fun-loving, nursing staff.
ICU RN (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHMay 16, 2016
I was happily employed at Huggins Hospital for 22 years. I left employment at Huggins in 2011 to seek other nursing opportunities.
After 5 years absense I returned, bringing with me increased nursing skills, higher education.
Primary reason I returned to Huggins Hospital is my love of the staff and the community. I began my journey at Huggins and want to end it there. I wanted to bring my additional experience to teach new nurses and restore the community's confidence that Huggins is a competent, reliable and safe place to receive medical care.
Pros
Knowledgeable, care nursing staff, good work/home balance, reasonable payscale per skill level good nurse to Pt ratios
Cons
Benefit package needs improvement.
Great work enviorment with great patient care!
Medical Assistant (Current Employee) –  Ossipee, NHMarch 17, 2016
This is a great facility that thrives to better their care towards patients and employees. They succeed in finding the right treatment options and best people to care for the people in need.
Pros
Free lunches, Great relationships, Easy learning enviorment
Cons
Schedule changes frequently, Provider changes frequently, Old building, Old technology
Amazing Providers and staff. Friendly fast paced environment
Professional Medical Assistant/ Head of Referrals (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 17, 2016
Huggins Hospital staff are friendly, respectful and knowledgeable. Everyone worked together as a team to provide the best patient care and it was my pleasure to have been a part of the Internal Medicine and Huggins Hospital team.
great
PROFESSIONAL REGISTERED NURSE (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHSeptember 23, 2015
miss working in hospital environment
enjoyed spectrum of care i was able to provide
12 hour shifts added bonus
team spirit throughout hospital everyone helped each other
Pros
12 hour shiftd
Great place to start don't intend on staying
Med-Surg Nurse (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 18, 2015
A beginner nurse hospital with many areas in need of improvement. There are many great co-workers but the supervisory staff allows for a few "entitled" to pick and choose who stays and who goes. They will cut off their nose off to spite their faces and is evident from day one of the horror stories you hear of how they have wronged so many great people and treated them as yesterdays garbage. The care you receive there is nothing less then exceptional and I would be lying to say otherwise. Working there was a good experience at the time it was not after that I realized the extent of the political games.
was a temp postion
Concierge (Former Employee) –  Wolfeboro, NHFebruary 5, 2015
drive patients around and throught the constrution area in a golf cart..maintain saftey and help paients who needed help
Pros
regular schedule
Cons
too many people to answer too

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huggins Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

Huggins Hospital Reviews by Location