Hughes Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hughes Baker EIMCO - Liquid Purification Equipment Manufacturer
Automated Mfg Maintenance & Reliability Engineer (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 14, 2018
The EIMCO division had its own culture and methods, seperate from Hughes business in general. They grew fast and then flamed out fast by sending their work and I.P. to China and other 3rd world countries without adequate controls.
The EIMCO division no longer exists.
Pros
Given autonomy to succeed or fail in job responsibilities, The success launched my consulting career
Cons
Not enough resources to survive the 1983 recession and following industry slow years.
Good Job
Inventory Control Supervisor (Former Employee) –  TexasApril 28, 2018
This company provided me with the training I needed to complete my job duties each day. We had a company buy out and that is the reason for my departure.
Fast moving high production and planning programs
Commodity Manager/Buyer III (Current Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDFebruary 25, 2018
Company is fast moving with schedules to be met through keeping materials flowing of thousands of parts used on a daily basis to meet production schedules
Pros
Good ccomunication from management staff, And open door policy for changes in processes in manufacturing and supply chain methodology
Cons
Not aware of problems
Network
Senior Technical Admin (Current Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVFebruary 7, 2018
High Network monitoring 12 hour days building new servers to replace failed ones router replacement, pulling cables and fiber. Doing all this work on a live system in a short change window
Software Intern
Software Intern (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 8, 2017
Great place to intern. Worked on a team of 15 and they actually used my work on the project they were working on. I would definitely recommend interning here.
I loved this job
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2017
This was a project manager position through a temp agency. It was a great job for me. I met and work with a lot of people. I had a big responsibility and I was able to gain experience as a manager/supervisory. I worked 7 days per week, 12 hours a day.
It was challenging, and I loved it.
I learned so many new things with this company
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Birmingham, ALApril 26, 2017
Booking Flights, Scheduling and setting up meetings, reviewing properties, financial accounting ordeals, reviewing stocks on a hourly basics and learning to adapt.
productive
Manager/Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Big Spring, TXApril 3, 2017
I was in charge of most daily operations from opening to closing end of day. Management was fair just the office personnel left something to be desired (very rude) with staff members but the best part was the customers.
Pros
lunch breaks
Cons
upper management
Overall Good
Designer (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 22, 2017
As a Designer I was given great opportunities to improve and learn new skills. My time at Baker Hughes was a good experience. The health insurance and pension benefits were excellent. Management and workplace culture were on the highest level.
Pros
Always treated with respect.
Cons
None to speak of.
A well managed distributor and I was employed by a manufacturers rep
Regional Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 23, 2016
They purchased our group a few years after my employment. We continued as a manufacturers rep for several large pump manufacturers. The executive management was supportive and allowed us to continue with business as usual.
A good place to work I was taught alot about Baker Hughes and what they did
Quality Specialist (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXSeptember 19, 2016
I enjoying working at Baker Hughes I stayed busy never enough hours in the day to get what I needed to get done. I worked with a lot of different division within Houston and international people of Baker Hughes. I could help with their needs of their job and they could help me as well.
HIGH turnover
Investigator (Former Employee) –  Murfreesboro, TNSeptember 8, 2016
Extreme job dissatisfaction. Greed rules in this firm. Co workers were difficult to get along with. Supervisors would not answer questions. There was an extremely high turnover rate. The inefficiency was disgusting.
Pros
Cons
Terrible management.
HUGHES is a Great Company
Installation Manager (Former Employee) –  Germantown, MDAugust 23, 2016
HUGHES is great Company to work for. Co workers wonderful the only thing that i would suggest is Management needs to improve.
Stressful
Mental Health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAAugust 14, 2016
Working at Hughes is difficult the staffing alone is for themselves and supervisors do not hold any type of education to get the pay they get. People that work under them have degrees and get less pay and they refused to pay more for what Mental Health Counselors go through.
Pros
The Kids are cool / Friendly
Cons
No promotions/ No Raises/ No Growth
Great place
UCMDB Implementer for DC Migration (Former Employee) –  MarylandJune 7, 2016
Great place to work with great work life balance. Theyput satelites into space for broadband. Great for people who live the country and cant get any other.
Pros
No stress
Cons
A little behind in some areas
Excellant Job Experience
Configuration Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZApril 22, 2016
This Company and the management are very professional. I learned a lot about the many jobs that gave me the work experience that helped me to excel and learn quickly. I enjoyed working with teams and coworkers that helped me to adapt to challenging work.
Pros
Opportunties for higher pay jobs
Cons
Need to take too many classes to apply for the higher pay jobs
You can interact with residents daily
mental health Counselor (Current Employee) –  Danville, VAApril 21, 2016
Each day you can interact with different disorders and help assist with some behavior issues. You have to provide a structured environment on a daily basis and you have to remain organized.
Closed work environment
Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Aurora CoApril 13, 2016
Good company at first. Gained technical knowledge, outstanding experience but at this point I would prefer getting more in to the private sector.
Pros
Great salary, flew work hours, did have great benefits
Cons
To much red tape, closed environments, very restrictive development environment
Excellent pay, hard on the family
Field Supervisor IV (Former Employee) –  Farmington, NMJanuary 6, 2016
The pay is good in the oilfield, the time off is far and few between. Hard to plan family life. I did really enjoy my job though, the guys I worked with were like brothers.
very negative place to work
BAKER (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXDecember 8, 2015
No team effort there. Management is lacking in all areas. Co workers where all back stabbing and out for themselves. Training and getting info was very bad.
Pros
Cons
merger