HUHTAMAKI Employee Reviews

Stressful!!
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHJune 20, 2019
Just a stressful and dreadful work environment . They were too strict with the point policy and breaks! Machines were very faulty. Maintenance men always had attitudes and never wanted to help.
Pros
Good pay, easy work, nice schedule, paid lunches
Cons
Short breaks, faulty machines, no advancement, no one cares about your personal life
Very low morale
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHJune 10, 2019
Work place with very low morale due to poor management! Management treats hourly employees like they are just a number. They expect more and more work with poor equipment, in other words they don't have the correct or sufficient equipment available to employees. It's not an ergonomically friendly place to work.
Fast paced stressful work environment
Thermoforming Operator (Former Employee) –  Coleman, MIJune 7, 2019
They claim they are all about safety but supervisors and crew leaders will stand over rushing you to get the job done there for stressing you out and causing you to possibly put yourself into dangerous situations.
Pros
Good money! Great benefits!
Cons
Stressful, very fast paced, they play favoritism.
Good pay but GM is a make america great again type of guy
Flexo catcher (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville kyJune 5, 2019
They have a sign out front saying they need help but wont hire back people who worked there before. Plant manager is a real A hole and the operators are lazy
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Short breaks and poor management
Hard job, but nice people
Summer Help (Former Employee) –  Marion, INFebruary 15, 2019
I spent a lot of time on my feet but the people were nice. They were very committed to safety. The 12 hour swing shift had its ups and downs. I had a lot of days off but the days I worked I barely had time to eat and sleep.
Pros
free lunches
Cons
12 hour shifts
great
Forklift operator/ product quality control (Former Employee) –  Paris, TXJanuary 15, 2019
i have no complaints about this company. this was a great place to work, the only reason i left the job was to peruse higher education and was not able to have a college scheduled as well as working for huhtamaki.
Great Place to Work
Forming Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Marion, INJanuary 15, 2019
The company cares about its employees and it shows, they teach new skills and are glad to train you for new rolls. They provide all kinds of help such as buying work shoes and safety glasses.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Long Days
very laid back easy work but long hours
Molder (Current Employee) –  Leesburg, OHJanuary 1, 2019
If you are a packer its very laid back and slow. easy work but have to be on your feet 12 hours and they do an extreme amount of overtime.
I walk around 10 miles per night with the job I do.
Good work place
6pm-6am worked the floors (Former Employee) –  Marion, INDecember 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time working at Huhtamaki, everybody is very helpful and the machines are easy to operate. i had trouble with lifting things twice my size but people will come and help when they seen you struggling just a little bit. overall its a nice work place.
Forklift Operator (Former Employee) –  Hopkinsville, KYDecember 15, 2018
Huhtamaki was the best place I have worked at since 2008. They have great benefits, the people are friendly and management talks to you and stay connected with you majority of the time
Pros
Safety prizes, healthcare
Cons
Short breaks
Bad management
Shipping and Receiving Clerk (Former Employee) –  Desoto, ksDecember 12, 2018
Shipping Inventory clerk in Desoto. Do not recommend this job to my worst enemy.
Horrible management. Do not know how to plan & schedule. Gets dumped on lower person to fix & than blame when it all does not go right. No overtime for the women only. Expected to do 10 hrs a work in 8 hrs, No Exception. Bad yearly pay raises.
Not a good career move...
Pros
Great hourly employees
Cons
Horrible Management
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHDecember 11, 2018
The job is fairly easy, can be slow or boring at times but the pay is really good, lots of paid time off either vacation or sick days. They have 12 hour shifts but you get lots of breaks. You can sign up for as much OT as you want.
Cons
3rd shift is hard on families
Dont work on B shift
Machine Operator I (Former Employee) –  Batavia, OHNovember 19, 2018
All the other shifts operate as they should except for B shift. That shift is nothing but crooked people in charge. They treat you very poorly and talk down to you and cuss you out. When you take these matters to upper management and HR they say that there is nothing they can do.
Pros
Good pay, benefits and co workers
Cons
Poor leadership, poor management, lack of respect for employees
Productive Company but has too many employee roll-overs
ACCOUNTS PAYABLE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  De Soto, KSOctober 31, 2018
Huhtamaki Management in Finland needs to take a sincere and deep look into the constant roll-over of employees in their Accounts Payable Department in De Soto, KS.

The people I work with are wonderful and dedicated to their career.
Pros
Free Coffee/Tea
Cons
Management/fellow co-workers suffer due to constant employee roll-over.
good
Stacker Operator (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MEOctober 17, 2018
good place to work, good benefits, good pay, good hours, didn't like 3 on 3 off rotating shifts but great environment and co workers otherwise. would recommand
Human Resources Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAOctober 1, 2018
Huhtamaki is a great place to work. They believe in promoting from within. Very employee centric. Great benefits and work life balance. They are active in the community through its community outreach program.
Pros
culture
Cons
Wages
Stupid
Packer/Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Franklin, OHSeptember 30, 2018
I rather not say anything about this house. There’s nothing to say good about this company I am currently dealing with naacp due to this company disrespect
Temp Job
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  Waterville, MESeptember 25, 2018
Not a fan of production work or that type of environment. A lot of the people I worked with were awesome, and others not so much. It wouldn't take much to change it into a positive workplace.
Order Selector, Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Goodyear, AZSeptember 3, 2018
Staff are awesome to work with. One of the best places I have worked at in a long time.

Pizza and wings were proved to all staff on Friday night, as a staff appreciation gesture.

We are paid for all meetings, and all overtime. There are time clocks.
Pros
staff cohesion, everyone helps each other out, good manager
Cons
I am working afternoon shiftr
Great company!
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  De Soto, KSAugust 24, 2018
I had the good fortune of working in the Supply Chain department at the Huhtamaki corporate location for 6+ years. I feel as though my colleagues were highly skilled at their positions and we all worked hard to achieve our goals and objectives.  The work was challenging at times, which I loved. If / when I needed help figuring out how to manage a particular issue I had multiple resources I could consult with for ideas.

Assuming the candidate is qualified, they frequently promote from within. I interviewed and received two promotions during my time with Huhtamaki. In my experience, they support professional growth.

The employee benefit programs are top notch.

Although it was a difficult decision, I resigned my position in order to relocate closer to my family. Had the circumstances been different I would still be there today.