Hulu
63Average

Hulu Employee Reviews

United States109 reviews
a bit confusing since i was part of the overnight crew 1st wave. had expectations would stay on overnights plus was dealin w/my grandfather in hospice
So i was part of the first wave of overnights. Was informed by HR that if selecting that schedule we would have to stick with it. So i was excited for the fact that i was helping my mom with my grandfather who was on hospice. Wasnt until like 4 months before i quit. I was transfered to days which was not use to and the sups didn't seem like they were really involved with day shift employees, more like with sup stuff like meetings and answering calls. Unlike with overnights where we had the one on one meeting and coachings needing to succeed. Also my overnights sup was more understanding when i had to miss days due to having to drive my mother and grandfather to hospital for medical reasons. However with my day manager he was not understanding and was always getting after me. Hardest part of it was trying to get use to days and how they do things for day shift while dealing with family stuff as well. He past shortly after i was let go
Hulu is a Call Center
Working at Hulu is a great experience... at first. Once the first few months pass and you've worked off the shine of the awesome new job you found, you learn that it's... a call center. Your life revolves around numbers. There isn't a lot of time for personal time. Family and friends are a secondary thought. A dedicated 10 hours of your day is going to be spent at the office, and you have to be ready for constant change. The pay is good, the benefits are nice, and your coworkers are usually your new best friends. It's a good job all in all, but it DOES absorb your life.
Great Place Work
*. It is an amazing company to work for
*. Culture makes easy to collaborate

*. Very supportive of your development.

*. The benefits are great. They offer more than just the standard benefits.
Learning company
All resources learn on the job. Titles are subjective to actual experience. Limited advancement unless you know the right people or are favored by your manager; Does not equate to your merit or dedication to the company.
Better than most centers
As Hulu continues to push to be the number 1 in tv services the quality enforcement has become much more strict. They’re constantly holding contests or giving out food or gifts and that’s nice. Just better be able to keep up with the service expectations.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Productive and understanding
I had a 6 month contract at Hulu. I really enjoyed the team, everyone I worked with was nice. I felt like e a part of the team despite not being a staffed employee.
Hulu review
Hulu was a wonderful place to work for. The environment was very diverse and friendly. They made a huge mistake partnering with Disney but Hulu on its own is fantastic.
Great management
Your manager works closely with you to help you reach your goals. Help is always available just a chat away. Very encouraging environment. Great communication between coworkers and management. They make it a fun place to work hard. Work from the comfort of your own home.
Horrible - Disturbing
Writing this at my own risk but oh well. I'm tired of horrible people getting away with horrible behavior. At the time when I worked there, I was under a Manager Known to be a major pain. He was constantly using loopholes in QC to mark people down and fire the people he discriminated against. He fired several people of color and homosexual preference within weeks and months of each other and HR never even batted an eye. Being that he has been there so long he is buddies with all of HR, even got many of his personal friends hired, he is untouchable. This company is built on nepotism and many of them are wolves in sheep's skin. Everything that made that job great was taken away little by little. I imagine they moved the department to another state to build a customer service team they could pay less and make work from an office instead of home. Modern day slave traders just like many other 'forward' thinking startups.
Pros
Free Hulu Account
Cons
Bad management
Supportive management
Working from home was a huge bonus but I wish we were able to choose our own hours. Healthcare did not cover people who are transgender with needs. They have a really fun and inclusive environment in the office.
Hulu's work culture is one of a kind.
This is an amazing place to work, Hulu does a great job of making everyone feel apart of the family. The user's experience is put first, Hulu does a great job of giving you everything you need to make sure user's have the best experience you could possibly have.
I mean it’s CS
At the end of the day it’s a call center. You have good days and terrible days. Management is very helpful and supportive along with other staff but the way customers treat employees is straight horrible. Must know how to smile through your teeth
Fun workplace
Hulu has a fun environment. Hulu used to be a lot more fun and this workplace was very different from other workplaces. However, the rules became more enforce, and then Hulu started becoming just like every other call center. Hulu no longer promotes the fun :(
Hulu is Hulu
There is not much I can say. I worked here for 2 yrs. You sit at a cubicle and take calls until you have a break or lunch. Managers are ok. Hard to advance working here unless you’re a favorite.
N/a
The typical Hulu Viewer Experience Advocate makes $16 per hour. Viewer Experience Advocate hourly pay at Hulu can range from $13 - $17. This estimate is based upon 9 Hulu Viewer Experience Advocate salary report(s) provided by employees or estimated based upon statistical methods. When factoring in bonuses and additional compensation, a Viewer Experience Advocate at Hulu can expect to make an average annual salary of $33,526 . See all Viewer Experience Advocate salaries to learn how this stacks up in the market
Good talent there
More of an entertainment company than tech company. They're a bit slow in development and when I was there, there wasn't any product direction so a bit confusing to work there.
Overall Hulu was a great place to work!
Hulu definitely brings considers company culture a priority. The company boasts a younger attitude, laid back attire and a fun environment. Their large offices in Santa Monica offer everything from massage rooms to arcade rooms. Several kitchens are scattered throughout the workplace and ensure a variety of healthy and guilty pleasure snacks. Along with this, the company is a great place to learn and grow. I truly felt lucky to be part of the Hulu culture.
It's okay
I loved working here in the beginning. Once the high wears off It feels like a robot zombie. Everything is always broken and instead of fixing things they just care about how many surveys you got.
Was a model of a new kind of company but is now just another company
In the beginning Hulu was a passion project cared for by a small team of dedicated entrepreneurial thinkers. There was an amazing CEO with a great team of managers supporting him. People worked hard, worked late and no one complained.

Work was hard but it was also fun and day by day we watched the company, product and market presence grow. A number of people got a chance to take on multiple roles in the company, growing and exceeding with each job. As a new company there were no legacy protocols or formatted tools. We had to build them and that could be frustrating and fun at the same time. We were attempting to change the rules and you had to think different to do that.

The company made it a priority to keep the office loose and to incorporate fun. Food truck parties, Halloween and holiday parties and gatherings to acknowledge important milestones.

As the company got bigger, some new employees and managers fit in with the culture while others didn't. Some departments suffered from the hiring of outside managers from old world media. These individuals came in with antiquated ideas and methods that quickly destroyed the moral of several departments prompting the exodus of a lot of talent. Sharing, transparency and praise/acknowledgement of team members' contributions eroded as these new managers concentrated on taking credit for everything and restricting information and participation of their teams.

What was once an exciting place to work turned into an every day job that was filled with the normal inane office politics and corporate group-think
 - more...
Pros
really work hard to keep things fun, holiday parties, free snacks, beer, great benefits
Cons
managers from old world media, turned corporate, non-entrepenuerally minded leaders
Amazing Place to Work!
Amazing place to work. Fast paced and interesting environment. I find the people in leadership positions to be extremely smart and wonderful to work for.
Environment filled with perks and fun, but not a ton of return
Working at Hulu feels like living on a college campus. There's a lot of perks and the company as a whole want's it's employees to be happy. However, in my department, there was little room for advancement and difficulty with tool sets to do the job more effectively. Though efforts were made to fix these issue, it required a lot of time and extra work in between each issue before it was fixed.
Pros
A lot of free food, good insurance
Cons
A lot of work with little advancement and compensation.