Hulu Employee Reviews

great place to work
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2018
excellent pay, great place to work, great benefits, responsible/ethical people, most generally enjoy working there, management is great, most enjoyable part of the job would the pay
Pros
free amenities, great work ethic, good culture
Cons
little to no restroom breaks allowed
Great - The Real Deal
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 22, 2018
Best culture in LA. Best compensation package outside of Silicon Valley. Gradually has gotten much more political but still a nice place to work. We'll see what the Disney deal brings...TBC
good people
Technical Support (Tech Support) Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 1, 2018
nice job for a stepping stone in call center-like job advancement. management is cool, hours are nice and overtime is always offered, plus is volunteer work!
Hulu was an underdog
Virtual Technical Support Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 17, 2018
Hulu was fun and their benefits were great, but it was a bit overwhelming at times since Hulu started out as an underdog, but become far greater seemingly overnight.
Hardest part of the job was having to inform subscribers of the Known Issues that plagued the application across various platforms.
Pros
Nice starting rate, great bonuses/prizes, cool partners, management was real down-to-earth.
Cons
Unresolved KIs, hard to balance life after work
Productive and Informative
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Office in homeMay 16, 2018
I loved working for this company. I had a chance to learn about the product as well as interact with customers. I worked very well with my fellow co-workers and supervisors.
A Lot of Work with Little Reward
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 3, 2018
Working with Hulu was a unique experience, but one I'm happy that I'll never have to do again. The hours are long and exhausting and a lot of times you'll find yourself picking up other people's slack. The employees are treated like pawns and if you're looking for help, don't count on it.
Hulu was great
Technical Support Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 1, 2018
I enjoyed working for Hulu as a Virtual support advocate. I worked from home with their computer and compensated my internet and bonus for my performance. They decided to move to another state and have a call center environment.
Pros
Work from Home, incentives, free tv package
Cons
seldom had manager interface, hours set for the year on schedule difficult to change
n.a
VXA (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXApril 19, 2018
The company is grea tto work for. Good bosses, and fair people. Casual, fun, lots of calls, and chats. Different schedules and the pay is good. Have to pass a typing test, and test.
It was aight
Remote Technician (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAApril 8, 2018
I can't say much, I was overqualified for the position. Didn't feel the challenge and growth at the company is quite rarer, Someone has to quit or die, and you gotta kiss butt.
Pros
Free food and drinks
Cons
Pay sucks and stress environment
Miss it!
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAApril 6, 2018
I used to work for Hulu as a Virtual Rep(meaning from home), before they relocated the main office to Texas. It was awesome! Even when heading onsite, the environment was great and you could feel the synergy. I miss it, but it is what it is. Hulu is a great place to work regardless. They take care of their employees and there are plenty of resources.
Great company.
Writer/Producer (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 14, 2018
A company with great taste. Making their mark in a competitive space. Excellent branding and polished user interface. With continued investment in programming Hulu can compete effectively against Netflix and Disney's forthcoming streaming service.
break room has pool table
Technical Support Specialist (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAMarch 7, 2018
great environment, could be a little more fun at this location, but it may get boring, would like our own offices because viewers complain about hearing everyone and their mom in the background
Fun atmosphere
Tech Support Representative (temp position) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMarch 6, 2018
Very fun atmosphere some of the managers are jerks but some are really cool they not with the funny business they pay you to work your are definitely going to work tons of perks
Hulu is a great work environment!
Brand Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 23, 2018
This was my first work from home job and it took some time getting used to being out of the office and working in Pj's, but with great team support and video conferences I still felt like I was apart of the Hulu team. Work was fun, trying out the new product launches were exciting and free. I was a great job to have if you had other endeavors or extra curricular activities after or before clocking in.
Pros
Working from Home
Cons
I had the 4am shift.
Nice place to work, not great on advancement
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXFebruary 23, 2018
Very fun place to work, training is slightly underwhelming, advancement is difficult if you do not have the correct connections. Nicer than average for a call center, not great at direction though.
Fast paced, seeking new ways constantly. Disjointed
Social Media Community Moderator (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Great place to work, looks great on a resume. Can get lost in the shuffle easily. Once you land a position, it can be hard to break free into other areas. No clear cut path to ongoing success.
productive
Lead Android Developer (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAFebruary 22, 2018
Very good environment.

The company is such a big company and provides good benefit.

The only thing that I dont like is that they have so many teams and you only focus on a small thing for a long time.
Great job
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  RemoteFebruary 12, 2018
My time at Hulu was a contract position, it was customer service and it was a remote job. As with all customer positions it can be a challenge being on phones for a long period of time but it comes with it's rewards of talking to some really great people.
Pros
Worked from home
Cons
can't really think of any at the moment
Fun place to work
Campaign Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 29, 2018
Fun office culture and overall a great place to work! Managers struggle as the company continues to grow, but overall a good place to be if you are interested in tech and/or entertainment.
The Most Enjoyable Part of the Job
Viewers Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJanuary 17, 2018
The best part of the job was the encouragement from my team and managers to learn new technology and concepts daily and to building a family like environment. I enjoyed every morning because we had team spirit and love of TV/Film!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hulu. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

64out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hulu.