Hulu Employee Reviews

Great Company, Not so great office culture
Viewer Experience Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 29, 2019
I have tried hard to like this place, but the constant disappointments are tough to deal with. Some managers are awesome, but overall, not a huge fan of the management team. Not many opportunities for advancement, and you have to be recommended for a position in order to even apply. Promotions are stated as being performance based (do well to set yourself up for success), but far too many times that is proven to not be the case. Great stats, great customer experience score, great interview..."Oh sorry, you just missed the cut". The office culture is dull, and you're just sitting there working. You are able to chat here and there with coworkers, but outside of being in a clique, there isnt much camaraderie. There are days where it is fun working there, but for the most part it is a very high stress job, with not much payoff.
Pros
Free Hulu, Free coffee, $10 weekly snack stipend, Great benefits
Cons
Not enough transparency. Not many opportunities for advancement. Somewhat clique based culture
Productive and fast paced work environment.
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, VAJanuary 23, 2019
Productive and fast paced work environment but there's definitely time for fun with the ping pong and pool table. The hours are solid and you're always able to sign up for overtime.
Fake fake fake
Viewer experience advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 2, 2019
The company began with high expectations inside of a little office off Prue RD. As the time went on and the outside management hiring began, the center would take a turn for the worse. The attendance policy was trash when the center began. There where two shifts at the time. 5am-2pm and 2pm-11pm. The parking situation and “hotelling” of computers cause a lot of us to be late. (I was late five times because we had to find parking and wait for the prior shift to log out and leave for the day. (I was placed on a final for 6 months). Anyway, after the move to the current building I did my best to make sure I wasn’t late and my final fell off in April. Well come the end of May, I get a nasty surprise that Hulu is conducting an “Audit” of EVERYONES attendance and everyone would be punished accordingly. Long story short, I find out I was late a few times that my last manager didn’t report and I’m hit with the whole, “well if we caught it then you would’ve been fired, so see it as a 2nd chance to keep your job” and in placed on another final for the upper managements screw up. I lose my bonus incentive for 6 more months and (not) to my surprise, nobody else has received this mysterious attendance audit. Oh and the sitting situation. Hahah! Three! Yes count them three different new hire managers at the time make it their progotive to make sure a coworker and I DO NOT sit next to each other. The excuse they gave me was it’s a policy and when I spoke with the lousy HR rep at the SA location he couldn’t give me or show me where in the policy it states anything about manditory  more... seating arrangements. The writing was on the wall at that point and I felt forced to leave my position due to being ostracized by the upper management. Point being? I never kissed anyone’s butt there and it showed. Oh and don’t expect to have a life while working here. Your rankings for the shift bids are never explained as to why your ranking is what it is. All they tell you is “well you’re on a final so that will negate and lower your ranking” and that’s it. Oh and the temps/contract to hire people are basically shunned. Any events or food that Hulu orders are for hulugans only, lowering the morale drastically. You’ve been warned.  less
Pros
Free Hulu
Cons
Management incompetence, strict attendance policy, a shift bid up to 4-6 times a year
Ever changing work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 30, 2018
I enjoyed the time I was employed with Hulu as a virtual customer service/ tech support agent. The training was sufficient as the company transitioned into a live streaming service.
Pros
Free Hulu
Cons
Was laid off
Loved it
Virtual Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CADecember 28, 2018
Great collaborative environment. Had a blast while staying abreast of our support industry. Loved what we did and who we did it with. Strong company culture.
Pros
Free subscription
Cons
Mandatory OT
productive and fun
VXA (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 13, 2018
great place to work , perks and awesome benefits,
Hulu participates in helping out the community and making sure the employees all feel equal to one another.
Pros
Great enviroment, friendly peers
Digital Media Supply Chain Operator Specialist (Former Employee) –  Santa MonicaNovember 7, 2018
I loved working here. Although it was a 6 month contract. The time here was wonderful. People the atmosphere was relaxed, diverse and team work. The department I worked in was wonderful. If they had offered me a full time I’d take it. If I was asked to come back for another contract position, I’d take it...
Not Worth It
Viewer Experience Advocate (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 24, 2018
Juice isn't worth the squeeze. No opportunities to move up and cut throat environment. Never get time off and penalized when you do take time off. Also very low pay
Pros
Free food sometimes
Cons
selfish management, no days off, poor work life balance, low pay
Hulu
VXA// Customer service rep (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 15, 2018
Love this job man did not want to leave= but i did not have my social security card at the time - i would recommend this job to any and everyone- if your looking for a place to grow and move up this is the place for you
Pros
everything i love the place
Cons
once they let you go they cut all ties // wash their hands with you
Fun
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles County, CAOctober 9, 2018
It was a great place to work, friendly management. They care about their employees. A lot of room for growth and they paid very well. Flexible hours and a variety of jobs.
Pros
free food
Resolution Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXOctober 9, 2018
Good place to work, but the culture is taking a shift for the worse in San Antonio. It's grown so much that the employees have become numbers and not people.
Just Another Call Center
VXA ( Viewer Experience Advocate) (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 20, 2018
When I was originally hired as a VXA, I was informed that promotions would be based on performance. It didn't take long to figure out this was not the case. It is very much a 'Who-you-know' kind of place.The metrics that you have to uphold are very reasonable.

The hardest part of the job is dealing with irate customers.The best part is definitely the people.

It is very much your typical call center with pretty good benefits. Management can be inconsistent. Changes in policies can be spotty but you are still expected to uphold them.

The culture is pretty awesome with the right manager. Most managers like to foster a 'family' mentality. There are a select few that will go above and beyond for their teams.
Pros
Benefits, Stipend, Culture, Pay
Cons
Political, Favoritism
Amazing place to work
Virtual Experience (Former Employee) –  Cannot DiscloseAugust 22, 2018
Hulu and their Hulugans are the best. I enjoyed my time at Hulu but we had to part ways due to then having to relocate to Texas. None the less the company was great and would recommend working for them.
Pros
Great work place, Great people, Best culture by far
Cons
A little underpaid for the amount of work done.
Great Company
PHONE/CHAT ASSOCIATE (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXAugust 15, 2018
Hulu is a very supportive company to work for. There are many incentives to working for Hulu. I really like my co-workers but being on the phones all day is a little hard.
great place to work
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 31, 2018
excellent pay, great place to work, great benefits, responsible/ethical people, most generally enjoy working there, management is great, most enjoyable part of the job would the pay
Pros
free amenities, great work ethic, good culture
Cons
little to no restroom breaks allowed
Great - The Real Deal
Sr. Manager (Current Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJuly 22, 2018
Best culture in LA. Best compensation package outside of Silicon Valley. Gradually has gotten much more political but still a nice place to work. We'll see what the Disney deal brings...TBC
good people
Technical Support (Tech Support) Worker (Current Employee) –  Richmond, VAJuly 1, 2018
nice job for a stepping stone in call center-like job advancement. management is cool, hours are nice and overtime is always offered, plus is volunteer work!
Hulu was an underdog
Virtual Technical Support Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAJune 17, 2018
Hulu was fun and their benefits were great, but it was a bit overwhelming at times since Hulu started out as an underdog, but become far greater seemingly overnight.
Hardest part of the job was having to inform subscribers of the Known Issues that plagued the application across various platforms.
Pros
Nice starting rate, great bonuses/prizes, cool partners, management was real down-to-earth.
Cons
Unresolved KIs, hard to balance life after work
Productive and Informative
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Office in homeMay 16, 2018
I loved working for this company. I had a chance to learn about the product as well as interact with customers. I worked very well with my fellow co-workers and supervisors.
A Lot of Work with Little Reward
Viewer Experience Advocate (Former Employee) –  Santa Monica, CAMay 3, 2018
Working with Hulu was a unique experience, but one I'm happy that I'll never have to do again. The hours are long and exhausting and a lot of times you'll find yourself picking up other people's slack. The employees are treated like pawns and if you're looking for help, don't count on it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hulu. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP35%
In the Top 35% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hulu.

Powered by Comparably