Human Arc Employee Reviews

Good Company, not enough interest in growth
Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 14, 2018
No growth opportunity.
Especially in the call center.
The employees opinions don't matter.
No area to take breaks.
People are nice.
I enjoyed working with them but would not go back.
Senior Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Kansas City, MOMay 16, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work and I would recommend it to anyone considering a role with this company. The management is supportive and it is a stress free place to work.
Pros
Great management
Fun work place
Disabilities Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMarch 7, 2018
I learned a lot about Social Security and their processes regarding SSI & SSD applications. I also learned the differences between the two & how to assist.
Pros
Most of the people I worked with genuining care about the work they do.
Cons
Talking with people, in financial distress & suffer from some form of disability both physical & mental in nature.
stable growing company
Eligibility Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 4, 2018
The only issue is low pay but they do offer good benefits.
Management is communicative and you can have all the help that you need to do your job well. Computer technology is not the newest and this can be maddening. There is a unique opportunity to be paid for volunteer time and to get involved with many volunteer activities. The work can be fast paced and changes unexpectedly since we are responding to changing state and local guidelines and laws.
Pros
friendly
Cons
low pay
TEAM LEADER (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJanuary 16, 2018
I love the direct reports and other associates that work in building. I like working with the Team Lead's in my building. The overall atmosphere is based on numbers and quantity versus people and quality.
Pros
Great Benefits and PTO
Cons
Resists change, Does not allow independent thought
Collaborative
Account Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 30, 2017
Human Arc was a group kind of job. I was the only person there to do my job, but everyone helped everyone. If there was a sign of low productivity, everyone chipped in to help.
Love Helping Others
Account Representative (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHDecember 8, 2017
Very good company to work for and the growth is amazing. The values are excellent and if you enjoy helping others and working with the community it a very positive atmosphere.
Pros
Flexibility
Cons
Compensation
Thankful for my experience!
Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHNovember 27, 2017
I learned a lot throughout the years personally and professionally. Prior to the company's growth initiative, I had worked with a great group of people that helped me grow professionally.
Great people, Great job
Senior Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MINovember 5, 2017
I love this job, unfortunately there is not real room to advance for those who excel at their job and need challenges. The pay is low for the type of work and monthly bonuses were unobtainable. Managers treat you very well and the people are great. Just no future here. The job is very rewarding as you help people get disability benefits who truly need your help. I never once left for home feeling like I didn't make a difference.
difficult work-life balance
Senior Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHOctober 20, 2017
This company seems to be ideal at first, giving one an opportunity to help others. However given the type of work that Human Arc does it seems to focus more on generating funds than helping individuals. There's not enough compensation for employees based on the type of work and stories that one hears in the senior Outreach position. This job often causes stress and anxiety, and the company does not do enough to help balance out the difficulty of this position on an individual's mental well-being. Too often the goals for raises and bonuses are difficult to meet, causing the employees to take cases that are guaranteed wins as opposed to helping those who truly need the assistance. This is definitely a company that is looking out for the bottom line under the guise of being for the community and the betterment of those around them.
Cons
Poor benefits, poor compensation, uses PTO instead of sick time.

Want to know more about Human Arc?

Ask a question
Fast pased, Good benefits
Senior Outreach Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 11, 2017
They are very accommodating to individual needs but tend to monitor their employees too much and have very specific goals that are constantly monitored on a regular basis.
Pros
Flexibility in working from home
Cons
Limited possibilities for advancement
Great team leaders, flexible schedules
Disability Specialist (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIOctober 2, 2017
I enjoy the atmosphere and the people I work with. The job can be a little overwhelming due to the fact that the case loads are so big. Overall it's an alright place to work.
Pros
Fun activies
Cons
Case loads are a bit heavy
Grew too fast, now a corporate entity
Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHSeptember 26, 2017
Human Arc once lived its mission, vision and values everyday. However, the company has been sold and a corporate mentality has now forced a "profits above all else" mantra that has lowered morale amongst employees and has lowered the quality of services to clients and members. This is a great place for a new graduate to get a start in the industry, but its really little more than a glorified call center now, and most associates move on after a few years. Once associates start to get too specialized (i.e. they cost too much) they are forced out. The pay and benefits are industry standard, and the working conditions are standard "Office Space" (cubicles, small cafeteria/lunch room, etc.). Do not expect additional amenities or perks in the office. Like many, many companies, there are several redundant levels of poorly-trained middle management that contradict each other, as there is a constant rush to promote associates to a level of middle management since its really the only career advancement offered here. Once you become a "Team Leader" or "Senior Rep", there is really no where to go.
Pros
Inexpensive parking, standard benefits, generous PTO
Cons
New corporate ownership, declining morale
Worst work experience
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 30, 2017
Management: Unfair, took sides, micromanaged, when asked a simple question I was turned away to find it out on my own.

The most enjoyable part of the job: Meeting new people and hearing their story.

Workplace Culture: Employees were childish, unprofessional and very unhelpful.
Pros
35% off at the cafeteria
Cons
No breaks only for lunch
Management Stinks
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Springfield, MOAugust 26, 2017
If you are not in their circle, you will be treated poorly. Look out for Nepotism.My advice is keep looking, if you want a job where you are respected and treated fairly.
They recently sent out an email stating that the law did not require them to give 15 minute breaks and therefore they weren't to be taken. The people out of the circle do all the work while the others just float by.
Pros
Autonomy
Cons
Manangement
Great people to work with, flexible and fast paced.
Disability Specialist/Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIAugust 8, 2017
Love my co-workers, very kind, caring people. Very fast paced and ever changing. Clear expectations and training is provided. Must be motivated to work.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
Payscale needs to reflect cost of living.
Human Arc makes a positive difference in many Ohioans lives.
Disproportionate Share Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHAugust 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at Human Arc because we were given an opportunity to help patients with medical bills through various state assistance programs.I was happy to help others daily.
Human Arc (Current Employee) –  Kansas City, MOJune 27, 2017
Human Arc is a good place to work at. People are helpful. Will gain good experience especially for those just starting in the healthcare and insurance sector.
Hunab Arc provides a great service for those who need the assistance
Senior Outreach Specialist (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJune 8, 2017
I have the opportunity to take with me a new understanding of the Social Security Administration. A day consisted of inbound calls from clients who may have received a letter or brochure offering our assistance. when the call comes in the client is assessed to see if they qualify for our assistance with the application process.
Pros
cafe on site
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE II (Current Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2017
Great place to work! Everyone is very nice and friendly. Never had a bad experience with communicating with other coworkers. Very flexible and understanding. Like a family

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Human Arc. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.3

2.0Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

2.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight