Human Development Commission Employee Reviews

Fast Paced and Enjoyable
Weatherization Production Specialist (Former Employee) –  Caro, MINovember 28, 2018
I loved this job because it was something different everyday. I had an amazing crew in my department and we worked well as a team helping each other out if needed. The hours and the pay was great. It was challenging to learn all the new programs but I had an amazing supervisor so I caught on quickly. I loved being challenged to think and learn new tasks. I was sad to leave when i programs funding was cut!
Great place
In Home Contractor (Current Employee) –  Caro, MIOctober 5, 2018
Love my job, I feel honored to help customers out with their cleaning they cannot do. People are wonderful, respectful and greatful for someone to help them out.
Pros
Cons
Cancellations
Great place to work great atmosphere
specialist (Current Employee) –  CaroMarch 15, 2018
Great place to work particularly after some very negative individuals left for other jobs and were let go. HDC understands the needs of single moms/dads and makes adjustments.
lack of organization
Home Health Aide (Former Employee) –  Bad Axe, MISeptember 12, 2017
Turn over in this company was horrific, Very unorganized. Unfair to cliental, didn't show compassion for those in need of services. I was not happy there.
Work
Seniors (Former Employee) –  Caro, MIFebruary 21, 2017
Only care about upper management. Do not take time to thoroughly train staff. Make rules to fit only certain staff. If you are not administration you will not advance or ever be treated fairly. Job turnover is huge. They speak to staff anyway they want.
Pros
Helping others
Cons
Administration
This employer is very poor
Program Specialist (Former Employee) –  Caro, MIFebruary 16, 2017
This company only cares about the upper management at the top of the pyramid. Benefits are very poor. Very poor staffed unless you are upper management
Work was always interesting. Great clients.
Self Sufficiency Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Caro, MIDecember 15, 2016
Office personnel were terrific. Work pace could be stressful at times, especially during the heating season. Work with clients was very rewarding and challenging.
Common Goal
Community Development Manger (Former Employee) –  Caro, MIMay 13, 2015
Nearly 100 different social service programs were offered by HDC while I was there. It was enjoyable working for an organization that believed in helping people achieve self sufficiency.
Working with and assisting a diverse population on a daily basis
Co-Manager / Manager (Former Employee) –  Caro, MIMarch 17, 2015
I was responsible for staff scheduling and supervision on a daily basis, inventory maintenance, interaction with vendors and customers and making sure daily, monthly and yearly financial books were done properly. I worked closely with Tuscola I.S.D. for job training for the developmentally disabled, worked with Thumb Works for job training, community re-entry programs and area businesses.

I worked well with upper management and took pride in the working relationship we had.

I had a committed team of co-workers that believed in the programs we promoted.

The hardest part of my job was when we were not able to help someone due to funding restraints and eventually had to close our program all together.

The most enjoyable part of my job was the wonderful people/ customers and co-workers that I was able to work with on a daily basis.
Pros
Working with great people and helping the community in so many ways
Cons
The program ended after 12 1/2 years with the agency
Good place to work, caring people.
Foster Grandparent Site Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Caro, MIJune 4, 2014
Truly enjoyed my job here. Only problem, there was a need to downsize and when this happened everyone who remained had a greater workload with the same amount of pay..
A good place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  Caro, MIDecember 12, 2012
At the warehouse, they usually have good volenteers there to help. Great bunch of people. Every one is dedicated to getting the job done well. Easy to get along with. great environment.The Manager does a great job helpling every one and not giving you a job you can't handle.