Human Rights First Employee Reviews

No money no advancement
Director of IT (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMarch 2, 2018
HRF cares about 1 team/dept and no others. If you aren't in that one department you don't exist. Bad decisions year after year after year by COO and CEO led to financial ruin and incredibly low morale (which no one cared about).
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Low pay, bad morale
Intern
Intern (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJanuary 3, 2018
Great Place to Intern. I worked with some great people doing work that was challenging. People were helpful, but still allowed me to challenge myself with different tasks.
Intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYNovember 5, 2017
Human Rights First is a productive and supportive work environment. Everyone is passionate about advancing human rights and holding our government responsible to the founding principles of our country.
Good people. Leadership lacking
Senior Director for Government Relations (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCNovember 3, 2017
Great colleagues who are dedicated to their mission but vision is lacking from management regarding true ability to make an impact. at this critical time.
Internship
Accountant intern (Former Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 4, 2017
It was an unpaid internship. Great experience. Wish they offered positions but since it is a non-profit organization, their budget was extremely tight.
Too much office politics
Employee (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJanuary 10, 2017
Office environment can be easy going a times but management has no care for office moral. Huge divide between management and rest of employees. Too much favoritism can make the work place uncomfortable at times. Organization has changed a lot in the last 2 years.
Productive and fun workplace
Clerical Internship (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 5, 2015
In a typical day I would do fling the papers and make copies and put data in the Microsoft. I learn that I would be a great office worker and I am very good in filing and putting it in order. Everyone over there was very friendly and nice person. I had a great relationship with my mentor while I was doing my internship and still have in contact. The hardest part of job was when I had to go after school because I am already tired from school. The most enjoyable part of the job was that seeing my mentor helping me and doing internship over there was a very great experience.
Pros
great environment, friendly people
Friendly and cooperative
Legal Intern (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 7, 2013
It is such a great work environment. Everyone here is friendly and cooperative!
Team-oriented work atmosphere that allows for individual career development.
A. Whitney Ellsworth Fellow (Current Employee) –  New York, NYApril 22, 2013
The work environment is fantastic, a collaborative work experience that is both challenging and rewarding.