Human Services Employee Reviews

Rewarding for the soul
Home Health Care Aide (Former Employee) –  La Junta, COJune 23, 2019
I enjoyed working for this company because it gave me purpose for my care giving skills. I had room and board and lived on job site. It was almost like not even working at all. I became very close to my client.
Great Enviorment
Program Specialist 1, Social (Current Employee) –  Township of Hamilton, NJJune 19, 2019
Very productive work day, plenty of work to keep you busy, you simply have to manage your time . Love the environment and team morale. Assists in providing funding organizations with grant proposals which
clearly state program objectives and sets forth a plan and budget for the program activities
Pros
No micromanager
Productive and enjoyable place to work
Residential Counselor (Former Employee) –  West Chester, PAMarch 30, 2019
Assisted chronically mentally ill clients in developing and improving daily living skills. Implemented attainable treatment goals focused on gaining independence in the community. Maintained safe and accurate medication regimen.
Working at the human services
Office Clerk/Receptionist (Former Employee) –  Belen, NMMarch 25, 2019
I really enjoyed my job as an office clerk. It gave me a chance to work with all kinds of people in the community and to try help people who need the help that the state can provide but there was also the times when people wouldnt be able to get the help that they needed
Great experiences
SOCIAL WORK SERVICE MANAGER II (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAFebruary 25, 2019
Great place to gain experience and networking with community supports. Great place to help and support people from all walks of life. Can be stressful with emergencies, but with great leadership and supervision it can help.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
High Stress
Great cleints
Outpatient Therapist (Current Employee) –  Oxford, PAFebruary 18, 2019
Opportunity to really help people in our community who need it. Professional supervision. Experienced staff and inviting facility. Excellent perks, including reasonably priced Liability Insurance
Poor Branch Management
Blended Case Manager - Adult Mental Health (Former Employee) –  Downingtown, PAFebruary 11, 2019
Manager was not professional at all. Her dress code was very unprofessional. Place was very cliquey. You can work your tail off and management would not care at all.
Bad experince
Administrative Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMFebruary 10, 2019
Was not what I expected from the staff and haven't been paid from Sl Start program and have been overlooked as far as issues with work programs. Penalized for their negligent and covert/ discrete actions. I believe and like the program initial objectives but don't argee with management unethical tactics that results in hardships for the families working for a hand up and not hand outs.
Pros
Hours, diverse community
Cons
Sl Start managment
Personal Assistant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 31, 2019
I get to work with different people and get to learn new things everyday. Its very interactive and a good overall opportunity. Working here has taught me patience and to be thorough .
Human Services
Human Services Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Virginia Beach, VAJanuary 19, 2019
Your workday will depend on what job you have. Human Services has many jobs. Most positions will require some sort of clinical license. There are some administrative positions available.
Enjoyed helping families and children
AREA SOCIAL WORK SUPERVISOR (Former Employee) –  MississippiJanuary 11, 2019
The workload was too much for one person to do quality work and make a difference for families. Pay was minimal compared to other companies and therefore turn over rate was high.

Someone had to help the children and families in poverty and abuse situations.
Pros
ability to help
Cons
workload, management, pay
relaxed and set back enviroment
Direct Support Professional (Former Employee) –  Redbud, ILJanuary 10, 2019
well I feel it was a great work place even though some of co workers were not fit to work in this environment Sometimes when working with mild retardation the job can be a little challenging but when u love people its not as hard as you would think. I was just happy to help people..
Pros
making them smile
Cons
when a resident was angry or dying
Productive Fun place to work
Clerical (Current Employee) –  Franklin, PAJanuary 7, 2019
Calm
Clean
People I work with are very helpful
The most enjoyable part of my work is helping others
Making new friends
Getting new work experience
Love the hours
Work Specialist
Eligibility Specialist II (Former Employee) –  New York, NYDecember 17, 2018
This agency was very supportive of their staff and of their clients. Samaritan Village was a friendly work place and they were open for suggestions. It was a pleasure to work there.
It was an enjoyable volunteer experience
Volunteer Clerical Assistant, Oregon Department (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORNovember 7, 2018
I enjoyed working with the managers and staff here. I helped alleviate tedious, repetitive tasks for them, which they definitely appreciated. I am not a morning person, yet I would recommend this place to anyone who wants to serve others or work in government.
Productive and caring enviroment
Senior Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Grand Junction, COAugust 17, 2018
I needed to relocate and the stress was a bit much for me at the time;however, I would have stayed given different circumstances.

I was able to work at home on certain days and the supervisor was open and willing
Pros
work from home
Cons
fast deadlines that were solid.
Rewarding career
Associate of Applied Science Degree (Former Employee) –  Grants Pass, ORAugust 6, 2018
Organization and efficiency a must. An ability to prioritize and execute immediate need necessary to be effective. Time management important as is self management
Poor corporate culture needing to be more collaborative
Psychiatric Rehabilitation Specialist (Former Employee) –  Coatesville, PAJuly 23, 2018
The agency does some excellent work and provides important and needed services. The internal culture is not supportive, lacks teamwork. Loved my program that I worked in. Fantastic success in supporting people suffering from mental health issues of all types.
Middle management and administration has regularly placed agency before employees. They have a poor history of complying with their own policies and staff often feels unsupported. Lots of turnover during the transitional years while I was there.
Agency is trying to change and would be a great place to work with a different culture. Started PT as QA Coordinator and was thrilled with potential of organization. They need to improve teamwork and communication. Would have liked to help, but early on had issues with my superior due to miscommunication and soon felt ostracized and unappreciated. I am hopeful that the new CEO will help the agency to grow a more positive and collaborative culture rather than the current "everyone out for themselves" and CYA attitude.
Pros
Loved doing the work at the clubhouse
Cons
Weak benefits, poor management support of employees, lacking a cooperative corporate culture
Human Services
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Hernando, MSJuly 21, 2018
Most days consisted of answering phone and filing paperwork in to certain files. I learned how to use a multi-line phone and problem solving skills without needing management. The hardest part was to get clients to understand job policy but also done in a professional manner at all time. I enjoy the close knit activities among employees, friendly environment.
Caring. Comdsiderate. Not selfish. Love making other people smile i know i do
Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Reynoldsville, PAJuly 9, 2018
Helping people who cant always do everything there self, i enjoy making them feel normal and at peace taking some of their worries away. Cooking meals and making sure their semj nutritious. Bathing them so they dont feel gross and dosgusting,
Pros
Mskimg someone want to live
Cons
Getting attached and then something happenimg to them