Humana Employee Reviews

Changes are always happening.
Field Care Manager (Current Employee) –  Dallas-Fort Worth, TXSeptember 22, 2018
Great place to work and my manager is amazing. I love That I’m able to help my members and have the flexibility. However it’s constanly changing and sometimes it doesn’t make sense. Overall a great company to work for and they off lots of trainings and meetings if your able to attend them.
Pros
Lots of benefits
Cons
Hardly have time to take advantage of the benefits and they decreased travel.
Great place to work.
Health Care Finder (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 21, 2018
HMHS was a great division to work for. The environment was peaceful, at your pace and not stressful. The people were inviting and friendly.Mgmt was pretty good as well.
Pros
lunch delivered in, flexibl shifts
Cons
hard to get promoted
Unorganized, stressful work environment
Consumer Engagement Representative 2 (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 21, 2018
The job itself is easy but working with management is horrible. They don't care about you as a person or anything outside of Humana. All they worry about is the numbers. There is a lot of favoritism that takes place.
Productive & growing place to work.
Senior Administration Implementation Professional (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 21, 2018
Humana is a great opportunity for most folks who are interested in healthcare. Unforutnately there are some areas that are fizzling out due to economic demands and unforeseen forecasting which is leading to workforce reduction.
Great work environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Charlotte ncSeptember 21, 2018
Honestly loved working there. The layoff was the problem. Outside of that it was an amazing experience. It taught me responsibility and how to consistently multitask.
flexible schedule
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
flexible schedule in the claims dept helps with day to day planning of activities outside of working hours....well being breaks provided to assist with moving around
Over worked under paid
Claims Adjuster (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Be careful what you wish for. The Tampa location is stressful on the phones. Hard to schedule time off. No real growth opportunities. Its a Upper mngmt doesnt really implement whats suggested. Lower mgmnt just goes with the flow. So very little changes for the better. . They dont appreciate those that do the job correctly with integrity vs those that cut corners to get by. .
Pros
Good place to start to gain work experience
Cons
limited growth opportunity, low wages
benefits, knowledge
Internal Review Analyst (Former Employee) –  KYSeptember 20, 2018
Humana is a Great Company to work for, they offer good benefits, concern about your well being, health and believe in diversity. Working with internal, external partners and co-workers was great. I have gained exceptional knowledge and skill set within the Medicare and Commercial business. Hardest part of my job was not being able to help the members' . A day at work consist of meeting and greeting my co-workers, getting breakfast, going over new products, working within the different systems, making outbound calls and taking inbound calls. Working with Judges to insure correct benefits has been applied, and review adverse determination.
Pros
flexible hours
Cons
short lunch breaks
Poor Management
Member Services- Bilingual (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 20, 2018
Little to no support provided. Management talked over employees when expressing concerns or asking questions during team meetings. Training was subpar.
very stressful and competitive enviorment
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZSeptember 20, 2018
very strict managing. new management needed without the boss like attitude and to play the leadership role to thrive together, not only as individuals but as a company.
Pros
pay
Cons
management
Great place to work, however ACA changes casued huge downsizing
SMALL GROUP MEDICAL UNDERWRITER (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WISeptember 19, 2018
Humana is one of the most technological sound companies I have ever worked for. They were constantly trying to make the rating system for small group underwriting better. They designed there own rating system and the always planned for future growth, making the process quicker, and more efficient.

I didn't think the pay was where it should be. The pay (vs national average) was low. According to HR it was right on track, however; a simple search on various websites proved that false.

Lots of input from our dept before changes were made.

For an insurance company I was suprised at the lack of benefits. It may have changed since I was there but all they offered were HDHP plans with high deductibles.

Work/life balance was very poor in my dept. Manager was an vindictive and only cared about production so she could get bonuses.. Creating unhealthy competition, calling out people in front of the team when they were slower than some of the other team members.
Pros
nice people, decent benefits
Cons
benefits were lacking, pay is lower than national average
Overall Great Environment
Production Lead (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHSeptember 19, 2018
The company is good but my particular department is stressful and has a high turn over rate because of it. It has typically been used as a way to get your foot in the door at Humana, just to move to other, less stressful areas.
Pros
Family Environment
Cons
Not great work/life balance
fast paced but fun
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Madison, MSSeptember 19, 2018
This was a great place to work. Management made sure everyone stayed on their jobs at all times without attitudes. The hardest part was taking SOME calls that you had no control over as results.
Excellent work environment
Case Manager- Health Care Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saint Petersburg, FLSeptember 18, 2018
Excellent co-workers, Great Supervisor, Great Team work, fast pace, great multicultural environment. The hardest part of the job was when the system when down and the productivity was affected by it.
Pros
Great team work
Cons
computer system down
Customer service
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZSeptember 18, 2018
responsible for helping fill prescriptions, and helping Humana members register for Rx enrollment. Helping members keep a constant flow of medication.
Pros
Salary
Cons
New mangment
Fast Paced
Medicare Customer Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYSeptember 18, 2018
I was in call center, so our breaks and lunches were decided for us. They give good vacation and sick time and the benefits are great. It is very laid back for the most part.
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
The pay is decent.
Customer Care Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 18, 2018
The best thing about the job is the pay. The hours are decent. The schedule is decent also. The location was really great close to home not that much traffic.
Pros
Pay biweekly
Cons
Managers arent professional at all
Nice place to work
Inbound Pharmacy Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Springdale, OHSeptember 17, 2018
Humana Pharmacy Customer Service is a very easy job. Everyone is really nice. Always opportunity to move up. Very nice cafeteria, most of the time they feed you. Training is 4 weeks and it is a lot to learn. it can be frustrating but once it becomes a routine its flying colors. Only thing that isn't liked is the mandatory overtime. Although its really tough with hours the money is easy and great.
I received severance package after 19 years of service due to my sonority.
Underwriting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GASeptember 17, 2018
I received severance package after 19 years of service due to my sonority. Would not recommend Humana as they are very unorganized and work their employee to the bone without compensation.
Workplace Culture
Vice President of Network Development (Former Employee) –  Nashville-Davidson, TNSeptember 16, 2018
Humana did not support their folks with effective systems. Continued problems in supporting the providers with not much support to offer solutions.

Management team did not support the mission and I had little to no support for performing my job. Very cliquish and if you were not part of the "in" team your chances for performance was very small.
Pros
good pay
Cons
No support

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.

51.4K
41.4K

See reviews about

Diversity score

Powered by Comparably

69out of 100

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Humana.