Humana Employee Reviews

Found 4,203 reviews matching the search See all 4,288 reviews
N/a
Customer Care Agent (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSJuly 21, 2018
The job can be stressful at times constantly answering back to back phones call regarding Medicare calls, billing such as processing payments, and providing benefits information
Medicare Customer Service Representative
Medicare Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 21, 2018
perfect, I exceled over top in customer service over 300 employees. I really enjoyed learning Medicare and Medicaid for the first time. It opened up many doors to the key to success for my future and over well learning to move forward with any health insurance company based off of comprehensive health management. I am a dedicated individual and my work ethnic shows right throw. My compassion for health and helping people with their health insurance means a lot to me because I am the same person member, patient that is on the phone with me....
Pros
training
Cons
none management
Relax environment
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Deerfield Beach, FLJuly 20, 2018
It's a relax environment slow pace rules are constantly changing. Turn over rate is high. There's a lot of favoritism. They always approve a Day off request.
Horrible
CSR inbound calls for pharmacy customer service (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85706July 20, 2018
It was just horrible. Plain and simple. 2 years of my life I'll never get back and probably has been shortened a little. Between lying about pay raises and 12+ hours a day 6 days a week for 5 months was unbearable
Cons
Short breaks, short lunch
Great company!
Community Resource Specialist (Former Employee) –  Glen Allen, VAJuly 20, 2018
Humana truly cares about their employees and their well being. They are always looking for better ways to improve the quality of customer service with the members as well as taking care of their employees. I highly recommend this company to work for.
n/a
Customer Service Rep (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 20, 2018
overtime is mandatory and if you don't work it you can get an occurrence which count against you. Also have to notify superior when you will be steeping away to use the restroom.
Alot of benefits
Records Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 20, 2018
Discounts on health and wellbeing products. Incentives for improving your health. Generous family paid leave and personal time off. Health, dental, life, 401k. Emloyee assistance program which extends to helping employees friends and family.

Humana as a whole has made tremendous strides improving employees work/life balance, health, wellbeing and compensation.
Pros
Encouragement and assistance to better health.
Cons
Each department is managed differently, some are less desireable than others, Certain departments neglect to understand the importance of family time
Run dont walk from this company
Clinical Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 19, 2018
This company is the devil. It's not worth your life.
This company literally works their employees to death, literally.
You will suffer physically emotionally socially and spiritually working for this employer.
Pros
Nothing.
Cons
Too much that would not fit in space given.
Great job for the young college student or an elderly person looking to make an income.
Customer Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Raleigh, NCJuly 19, 2018
A typical day consists of answering a multitude of inbound calls in reference to mail order medications. I'm learning to be more empathetic to the needs of the member/patient.Workplace culture is the environment that you create for your employees. ... It is the mix of your organization's leadership, values, traditions, beliefs, interactions, behaviors and attitudes that contribute to the emotional and relational environment of your workplace. If I had to describe my work place culture it would be lack of maturity. The work place should be professional at all times. There's definitely room for growth in that area. The hardest part of this job is making sure you pay attention to detail. Most enjoyable is resolving the issues of the member's.
Pros
Great Commute
Cons
Short Breaks, No Lunch, No Benefits.
Pleasant yet frustrating
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 19, 2018
The people were very nice. I was thankful the company arranged for my training and licensing. Technical issues with phone systems prevented me from achieving sales and appointment quotas. It was a limited term position.

Want to know more about Humana?

Ask a question
Humana Cares Mananger
Cares Manager (Work at Home) (Former Employee) –  St.Petersburg FloridaJuly 18, 2018
Self paced work at home environment.I had weekly metrics to meet and managed between 180 = and 220 members per month .I was responsible to maintain care plans on them and provide Disease management education
Provider Call Center
Provider Call Center (Former Employee) –  Delray Beach, FLJuly 18, 2018
I loved working with Humana Inc. and would have not left if my position didn't leave and moved to Tampa.

I would like to find something in the same or similar field
Fair company
Intergrated Specialist Team led (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 18, 2018
Benefits extremely expensive and lack of advancement in certain departments ..but oversll a good company to work for but the benefits could be alot better..
Pros
Stable company
Cons
Lack of time off and lack of advancement
Call Center with stressful calls
CSR (Former Employee) –  McGregor, TXJuly 17, 2018
Officiated weekly meetings with executive board to manage 120+ voice choir
Coordinated transportation and financial resources to sponsor trips throughout Texas
Organized massive gospel concert with 10+ guest choirs and a national recording artist as guest clinician
Successfully developed a plan to raise $10,000 to fund a live recording and cd release concert
Humana
Provider Group Engagement Manager, Senior Products (Former Employee) –  Cary, NCJuly 17, 2018
Good work life balance; I enjoyed working with a diverse workforce as well as interacting with the provider community. Working for Humana was a great learning experience.
If you need good health benefits, look elsewhere
CPhT Certified Pharmacy Technician (Current Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 17, 2018
This a great company to work for, they do a lot for their employees.
Unfortunately, their insurance is the worst I’ve had yet.
I think a health benefits reform for their employees would be great.
At the rate that a technician gets paid, there’s no way one can afford a $200+ visit for each doctor visit, refill visits, sick visits, routine visits. I used to always have a $25 copay for a regular office visit for refills or labs, or a sick visit. I also chose the best plan they had to offer.
So, if you go to the doctor often, you may want to think twice.
To Humana, look at what you pay your techs, do you really think they can afford to pay $1,200 deductible before covering anything at all?
They also wouldn’t cover a specialty medication even after a prior Auth and an appeal was done.. if health insurance is something that’s very important to you, I’d be cautious. Otherwise, everything else is great. The work environment is great, they really do try to boost morale, and the fact that they try really hard for the employees just shows they care. If the health insurance would just change some, to cover a bit more, I’d absolutely retire from Humana!
Pros
The job is easy, the people are nice, the company treats the employees well, they welcome suggestions
Cons
The benefits could be much better.
chaotic, unorganized, high turnover
Member Support (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 17, 2018
I was treated well by my supervisor. Overall the company work atmosphere is a train wreck and very unorganized. The systems never worked consistently and every hour of every day was very stressful due to poor computer systems always crashing.
Great
Intake Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLJuly 17, 2018
Humana is a great company to work for. Very professional, fast paced environment and friendly coworkers , many hours to put in but it was worth it, helping people was a very satisfying thing to do.
Divertido
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  San Juan, PRJuly 17, 2018
Fue divertido trabajar para la empresa. Especialmente por la oportunidad de horas extras.
Great place to build a career
Licensed Insurance Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 17, 2018
If you can remain a top producer for the company, it is a great place to invest your career in. Constantly changing environment. Pays for all continuing education for licensed agents. Overall great place for a telesales agent
Pros
Benefits, Free food during peak season
Cons
will let you go in a heartbeat if you start slacking

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight