Humana Employee Reviews

Found 4,965 reviews matching the search See all 5,074 reviews
Great company
Humana Clinical Review Specialist (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 22, 2019
Great place to grow if you are looking for a career. Great trainers and supervisors . Wah positions available and multiple training opportunities for learning and possibly moving up within the company
Rushed Training, Stressed Trainer/Management.Not enough pay. Long commute
CUSTOMER SERVICE & DATA ENTRY (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZMarch 21, 2019
The best and worst part of the job is, of course, dealing with the Customers.
The job consists of helping Customers some who have significant hearing problems, with their pharmaceutical orders, tracking their orders and placing and making corrections on Customers prescribed meds. You learn to navigate the various Humana industry-related software in order to do the job.
When you finish the training you will be put on the phones and at that point, you better hope you are sitting next to a friendly, learned co-worker otherwise you will be struggling with questions and no manager to help you out.
This job should start out at a minimum of $15.00/ an hour(it starts at $12.00/hr), and in 90 days should go to $20.00, as it requires a lot of dedication, flexibility, fast keyboarding skills, very patient customer service skills and quick learning on a few new software platforms.
*Tucson, AZ is not that cheap to live in, it is a growing metropolis, but still keeps wages very low to attract corporations that want to pay near slave wages. It is not a town to get ahead in easily if you are looking to get a house, raise a family without relying on government help, even if you are working this kind of job.
Pros
Occasional free lunch, opportunity for over-time
Cons
low wage for skilled labor, pressure from management for timed calls, located very far from any housing so far commute for most
Employees simply matters
Marketing Specialist (Current Employee) –  Mayagüez, PRMarch 21, 2019
Humana have a very special system for employees and just care about them. They promote the family values, the wellness and self care in general. Its really good to know that you are in good hands.
Insurance
INSURANCE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Madison, MSMarch 21, 2019
I can say working for one of the insruacne carrier, you understand how the provider charge for services and why member feel that they insurance should cover more
It was a very comfortable and and competitive atmosphere
Insurance Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Killeen, TXMarch 21, 2019
Good pay
good hours
flexible schedule
Excellent team leaders
High call volume at times which made it sometimes stressful
Good food and activities were provided to boost moral of workers
Look for a Lay-off every 2-3 months
Workforce Management Analyst (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 21, 2019
If you want to work everyday like it may be your last then go for it. The only place I’ve ever been at and receive a STAR award and then get laid off for performance 1 month later! And need I say there was never any documentation of my performance being subpar. Management doesn’t care about their employees they only care about themselves and the almighty dollar!
Pros
Money and work at home
Cons
Everything else. They are a heartless company
good job
Pharmacy Technician (Former Employee) –  Little Havana, FLMarch 21, 2019
I learn everything in Humana, good people, good coworker, good manager, supervisor,I will try with they another time,

I learn everything in Humana, yeah
Loved it!!!
Personal Health Coach (Former Employee) –  St Petersburg Beach, FLMarch 21, 2019
I worked there 3 years and literally planned to stay with Humana the rest of my career! (I'm only in my early 30s) Unfortunately, they laid hundreds of people off and I was one due to closing a program down. However, if I had a chance, I would go back. I love this company bc they are people oriented, great management, great work environment, great benefits and the company genuinely cares about their employees. I cried with each lay off (they did lay offs quarterly) as it was so sad to see great people go. At the end of the day, it IS a company and business and they needed to make business decisions in the best interest of the company, which I understand.
If you get a chance to work there, GO FOR IT!! Its a wonderful company
Pros
Great benefits, great environment, they care about their employees, annual raises, they constantly reward employees, many options to advance
Cons
They had 4 massive lay offs over a years time, which left many people insecure about their positions
Working per project
Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLMarch 20, 2019
Production is important. Pretty much you work per project. Management keeps the open door policy. Quality needs an option for rebutttal. Sometimes the feeling of not worth it under quality guidelines is overwhelming.
was a great place to grow
Teamlead (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2019
I learned a lot about myself, and learned many things towards growing my career skills. Make a mistake though, and you are dead to them. The company was bought out after I left so I can't speak to how the company is now.
Pros
many perks
Cons
sometimes advancement is based on who you know
good place to work if you can handle ever changing enviroment
TELEPHONIC NURSE CASEMANAGER (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLMarch 20, 2019
Very busy, lots of deadlines and expectations and many changes on frequent basis. On the upside , they are supportive and really want you to be the best you can be
Workplace Culture
Case Management/Clinical Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 20, 2019
Great place to work and learn the company values to apply to customer care and service to patients. patient care is the key. Great team building raises every 3-4mos. Employee incentitives.
Pros
Great pay great team great management
Cons
Layoffs
Great salary
Government Contractor (Former Employee) –  Fort Bragg, NCMarch 20, 2019
Great company to work for. Government contracts has a end date. Not a stable company to work for. The benefits offered was awesome. I enjoyed my contract assignment
Pros
Pay
Cons
Always a end date
Customer Care Representative
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Roswell, GAMarch 20, 2019
I was working for Comp Benefits when was purchased by Humana never work for Humana. As a benefit customer care representative the work environment was a call center setting.
If your cool with supervisors you don’t move ahead
Medicare New Enrollment Rep (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2019
No loyalty to employees and you have to be part of a “clique” to move up or get a better position. No work/life balance, food is overpriced, raises are few fat and in between
workplace culture
Customer Service rep/Floor support (Former Employee) –  Raleigh, NCMarch 19, 2019
It is a fast pace job with customers constantly calling in. At times you are given the responsibility to resolve issues that might of accrued during a person visit or try to explained a person benefits that was not properly explain to them previously
Thankful
New Member Enrollment Specialsit (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXMarch 19, 2019
Thank you for the opportunity. I was able to help people which is my biggest focus in life.
to deliver and provide exceptional customer service at high level review and resolution. Accountable for maintaining patient rights by educating patients; responding to patient and patient family complaints; resolving patient issues; reporting unresolved issues. Primarily reviewing all escalated patient concerns and complaints, both financial and clinical/service related. The organization’s mission of exemplary patient-centered care is provided to each and every patient, each and every day with care and compassion. In support of the mission, vision, and values, the Patient Advocate serves as a point of contact for patients and families throughout the concern/complaint/grievance resolution process.
I really do not have any positive statements concerning Humana
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Tempe AzMarch 19, 2019
Management is suspect. They will tell you one thing and do another. They create unbelievable pressure on employees. Like a very stressful job......but no alternatives to relieve pressure. It seems like 2 yrs. is the mark most employees make it (I lasted a little over 2 yrs.).
If I had to do it over.....I would have never accepted a job at Humana!
Pros
not much
Cons
low pay; highly stressful environment; managers that lie to you
Should have strong customer service skills.
PPG Specialist (Former Employee) –  Green Bay, WIMarch 19, 2019
Working at Humana could be relaxing or stressful, depending on your job title. Management and office politics are typically a problem in the real world and Humana is no exception. As is the gossip factor and "water cooler" talk.
Pros
Pay, benefits.
Cons
Overall good expetience. Only two years before laid off.
Clinical Nurse Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 19, 2019
Good experience overall. Able to increase job skills. Very demanding job. Lots of use of different computer programs to do the job. Every thing done on computers. When glitches happened. Which was often. Unable to get work done until IT fixed glitch. Work was still expected the same day. Which could mean 10 to 12 hour days.
Pros
Remote work. Travel for training sessions.
Cons
Lots of demands on time. Worked in 4 different time zones.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.

51.6K
41.6K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.5Fairygodboss Score

55%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss