Humana Employee Reviews

Found 4,646 reviews matching the search See all 4,743 reviews
Numbers over Quality.
Clinical Advisor (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXNovember 17, 2018
Numbers over Quality. A lot of Talk about Work Life balance and self-care and commitment to excellence but very poor ACTUAL practice of these. Stressful. Multi-tasking. Hyper-monitored and measured. Emphasis of marketing/sales instead of helping, guiding or caring for persons served. Colleagues all very smart, supportive, creative but too often they left the job or their ideas were discounted. Great for people who need a decent paycheck and benefits and who enjoy being two or three persons at a time.
Pros
Good pay, benefits. Great colleagues.
Cons
Unrealistic standards of productivity, Poor management, Numbers over Quality. No advancement opportunities.
No Direction
Database Developer (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WINovember 16, 2018
Meetings went nowhere. The Culture had me on my own and no one to bounce ideas off of because the workload was too high and no time availability. I would not recommend.
Collection of Medical Records
Medicare Record Retrieval Specialist (Former Employee) –  Maumee, OHNovember 16, 2018
Typical day was scheduling appts with Drs offices to audit medical records. Usually wasnt very welcomed at these offices since I was reviewing their records.
This was a very stressful job.
Clinical Intake Specialist (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXNovember 15, 2018
The commercial part of Human was a fun place and learned on how to build an authorization. But when they down sided and transferred to the Military part, it was very stressful receiving inbound calls from beneficiaries.
Pros
Friends
Cons
stressful environment
Extremely Productive and definitely a company to thrive within and move up the ladder to greater projects
Inbound Contact Representative 2 (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 15, 2018
I'm looking to find work that doesn't include constant back to back phone activity, Humana is mainly for a person that enjoys telecommuting , toggling within systems to provide customer service
Pros
Everything about Humana is worth it
Cons
No cons
Humana is a Horrible company
Senior IT Project Manager and Vendor Management (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2018
Humana is not a company any sane person should work for. The culture at Humana is horrible. The turn-over rate is out of the roof. I dreaded everyday going to that place...
Telesales Agent (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FLNovember 14, 2018
Humana was a good place to work. I learned a lot about healthcare during my time with the company. A typical work day consists of taking inbound calls from members in regards to healthcare plan and/or benefits. The members were eager to hear about the products.
Great place
MECA Agent for Senior Market Products (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKNovember 14, 2018
I enjoyed working there. Great training and great support. Good opportunity to make lots of money. Being a MECA agent is a great way to supplement income.
Okay place to work
Claims Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 14, 2018
Too much overtime required for my situation, but that's a personal issue. Some people needed and enjoyed the OT. Otherwise it's an okay place to work.
Positive work culture
Customer Service Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTNovember 13, 2018
I did enjoy my work atmosphere.The pay was alright, responsibilities of course were stressful at times, but overall a great work environment. It is a Business casual workplace. Training is efficient and growth opportunities were presented with time.
Pros
Growth and opportunities
Cons
Pay increase was not much and the Insurance was awful
company
POST PAY PRODUCTION TEAM LEAD (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2018
Humana is a good company to work for. It is just that some of the management they have is substandard. I did at one point have the greatest manager ever, but as with any company they moved him.
Pros
treat their employees very well
Cons
they outsource a lot of the work to foreign countries, they prefer younger emps.
Fun, relaxed and fairly fast paced environment
Medical Pharmacy Authorization Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 13, 2018
Humana is a great company to work for. My only reason for leaving is due to excessive long-term mandatory overtime hours. There are advancement opportunities, good benefits and a comfortable, casual environment.
Excellent company
SALES ASSISTANT (Former Employee) –  Miramar, FL 33027November 13, 2018
Fun, exciting. Learned about insurance proposal and prepare folders for medicare and medicate to be offered to companies for review.
Management is wonderful. There is nothing hard about the job.
showing for work and ready to work.
Pros
Picinics, Match 50% of 401k
Great OT
Pharmacy Tech. Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZNovember 13, 2018
My manager was great but many people were not as lucky as me. The overall mission of humana was a great idea but the implementation was not. There were weeks at a a time that they required overtime and that took me away from my family on a regular basis. If you want the extra money and you are ok working over time always than this is the job for you
Cons
Extremly long hour days, required over time
They say one thing but expect another
Claims Research Specialist (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYNovember 13, 2018
They tell you that the most important this is to do your job correctly, but then they penalize you for not having a high enough production. They would rather produce more claims incorrectly than actually taking the time to do them correctly.
Overall good company, possible opportunity for growth
Customer Care Specialist (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLNovember 13, 2018
Everyday is a learning experience at Humana. Working in an inbound call center can be extremely stressful, busy, and micro-managed. Humana does believe in Inspiring health and cultivating uniqueness. As far as management, not very personable/involved with the representatives but they make sure numbers are good. The most enjoyable part is when the members give the representatives a compliment and they are satisfied
Pros
team outtings, pot lucks
Cons
short lunches
In house promotion
Screening Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHNovember 13, 2018
Hours are good and stable and rarely work on weekends. Expectations for each job were clearly set and evaluations based on these. Could work from home in some departments.
Pros
Could work from home
Cons
Doing the same job every day
very controlled professional work environment
Case Manager (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCNovember 12, 2018
I think that the team leaders really didn't understand their role that they were managing other on. For example, you never done the work but you're trying to give advice on certain aspects that they are clueless too.
Pros
benefits were awesome
Cons
hard to advance although they encourage you but it was definitely based on who you were friends with
Exemplary company
Sales Associate (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GANovember 12, 2018
I can give Humana my highest rating. A very fine company. Out of all the companies that i have worked for, Humana is near the top. After 5 years of service they never missed a direct deposit.
Humana is a good place to work.
Enrollment Specialist, CPU (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KY 40202November 11, 2018
Humana takes very good care of it's people with time during the week for wellness, on-site gym, doctor and pharmacy, onsite dining services and any number of networking groups for various aspects of life for associates and supervisors to network based on personal interests and common experiences.
Their company policy for employees are inclusivity and wellness for all persons employed there. If given the opportunity to re-hire for a more suitable position, I would take the offer.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.

51.5K
41.5K
31K

See reviews about

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

56%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

88%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss