Humana Employee Reviews

Found 4,178 reviews matching the search See all 4,263 reviews
Care Coach
Bilingual Care Coach (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 15, 2018
Poor management.. Ridiculous expectations and demands. . Lack of proper training. Disrespect for their staff. Condescending attitude. More interested in saving money than helping members.
Pros
Cons
poor management, inhumane labor abuse
Good place to work if you are a pharmacist or a Pharmacy tech
Customer Service Rep (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 15, 2018
Great place to work if you work in the pharmacy. Customer service supervisors lack work ethic. Coworkers are good people to work with. Good overtime during open enrollment season
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Poor Supervisory personnel
Good gig until they sent our good American jobs over seas to contractors
Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  De Pere, WIJuly 15, 2018
Computer operations specialist for about 5 years (was called Systems Analyst when hired but all in all essentially a help desk tech). High stress and expectations but good job over all some of the perks included: Work from home, good pay, good benefits with good amount of paid time off. Only problem was they started contracting and off shoring our jobs. I and about 20 other techs trained people from Manila Philippines to take our jobs and that they did. We were all laid off as of April 2018.
Registered Nurse (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXJuly 15, 2018
Humana was a good company to work for, Had flexible work hours, Extra support for employees. Management was really supportive of employees. workplace culture promoted
Great place
Licensed Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJuly 13, 2018
Awesome place to work I loved it here. I would highly recommend working at Humana to anyone. Good money for it being a call center for the most part..
Learned alot about school nursing. Although read out of book onsite of how to do job role duties.
LPN, Contract School Health Room Nurse . (Former Employee) –  DuPont, WAJuly 12, 2018
I really enjoyed working for Humana as a Contract School Health Room Center Contract Nurse. I learned so much great experience. Cons over loaded lack of onsite supervisor availability to ask any questions pertaining to job role. Used the manual to learn my job as a school nurse stressed at times very busy fast paced.
Pros
Pay rate wages great!
Cons
Lack of comnunication with employees.
Great Place to work
Care Manager (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 12, 2018
I went through 4 managers all were excellent managers.Good benifits and they respected work/life balance, the acknowledged employees for nurses week and holidays, had team get togethers and luncheons tried to have fun functions for the employees. Promoted comradery between team and management. Offered amazon points for maintaining healthy biometrics, cared about employees health, promoted ways to destress through ur work day. Management on my teams were always easy to talk to and helpful always willing to find out answers and solutuions to any issues. I feel they let some really amazing managers who added alot of value to the company get away, meaning did not offer them enough to stay with company.
Pros
Benefits/flexibility with hours and time off/ amazon gifts cards
Cons
Sometimes the expected workload increased
Very stressful
Clerical Healthcare Specialist (Former Employee) –  VirginiaJuly 12, 2018
Very much a hostile environment working in office and or remotely. Front line leaders stalk you all day long, Humana should be ashamed of themselves having a bathroom code on phones. You are at your desk 8.5 hours a day. No work life balance, no flexibility working remotely. The manager shows favoritism with leaders and allow them to treat you like a prison camp. The money isn't worth the stress.
Benefits
Cons
Micromanaging
No complaints
Customer Representative (Former Employee) –  Irving, TXJuly 12, 2018
You have to form your own opinion. I honestly think its a great place of work and great environment. The trainers that I had were very knowledgeable and understanding.
Continuing Education
Sales/Broker (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 12, 2018
I have learned that with continuing education through Humana that my service and customer relation skills are second to none. Training is a regular ongoing thing.
Awesome place
RX Enrollment Specialist (Former Employee) –  Tempe, AZJuly 12, 2018
My department was fantastic.. easy job with great benefits and no stress.. pto gets better overtime but new employees received more time then most companies offee6
Stay Away!
Medicare Service Operations (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
Unless you like being micromanaged 8 to 10 hours per day every day this job is not for you. The managers are absolutely clueless, And offered no assistance. I was promised an advace to grow but after almost 8 years I was sitting in the same desk after receiving reward after reward for exceeding in my field.
Pros
Great Benefits
Cons
Literally everything else
Striving to Reinvent
Org Developer & Prinicipal Consultant (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 11, 2018
Great CEO. There are pockets of high performers who strive to bring out the best in others while growing the business. Company has been trying to evolve quickly in a highly volatile industry.
Pros
Learning organization
Cons
Bad leaders stay too long in roles, favoritism over effectiveness
great work place
Customer Service, front desk, call center (Former Employee) –  Westchester, FL and hialeah, flJuly 11, 2018
working here really made you feel like you are family and friends. everyone is very helpful and they thrive to make their employees happy and healthy.
Pros
team builders (during and after work hours*really fun*)
Cons
can be stressful (call center)
Fast paced and over-worked environment. Associates were not compensated approppriately particularly since workcorce diminished by 30% during my emplo
Community Health Educator (Former Employee) –  St. Petersburg, FLJuly 11, 2018
It is difficult to change job tracts
Immediate supervisors were knowledgeable and helpful
Coworkers are caring and dedicated to member social wellbeing
Pros
opportunities for learning
Cons
difficult advancement potential
Reliable
CUSTOMER SERVICE SPECIALIST (Current Employee) –  Tampa, FLJuly 11, 2018
One thing I can say about Humana, it is a consistent means to provide a decent life for yourself. The call center isn't where I would necessarily start, but if you must it is structured like other call centers.
Amazing
Sr. Health Administrator (Current Employee) –  Roswell, GA 30076July 10, 2018
Working with Humana has been an amazing ride and opportunity for me while going to school. Humana is so supportive with achieving higher education and has allowed me to complete my bachelor's degree in Healthcare Administration and work at the same time. Great company to work for!!
Pros
Bonuses, wellness breaks once a week
Cons
Pay should be higher
Highly respected organization.
Care Manager-RN (Current Employee) –  Benton, KYJuly 10, 2018
I work from my own home office and make home visits to Member residences as indicated/instructed and per permission to do so, given by Members. PHI is always of an upmost priority, as is maintaining up-to-date record keeping via a highly secured charting system/process.
Not happy
Clinical Innovation Specialist (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FLJuly 9, 2018
If you are looking for growth this is not the company for you. The pay is average but they can do much better.They lack good leadership and does not give out bonus.
very exciting career
Customer Care Agent (Former Employee) –  Shreveport, LAJuly 9, 2018
They trained me for this position, it was very easy, the manager was polite and she was very understanding, the work place was very clean and the associates was very polite as well. I enjoyed it while it was in my city but the accounts got closed.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.

51.3K
41.3K

Ratings from women

3.6InHerSight Score

3.5Personal Development

3.5Career Opportunities

3.8Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight