Humana

United States7,133 reviews

Found 7,133 reviews matching the searchSee all 7,341 reviews
medicarememberwellnesshealthinsurancemetricbenefitopportunity

Emotional Roller Coaster

As Care Coordinator for HAH SNP program, I would provide telephonic case management services. Management showed disorganization and overall low morale. Pros: Great benefits, tuition reimbursement, and working from home.

One of the best in the industry

One of the best in the industry, Humana works hard to be fair to its employees. Lots of management changes-seems like about every six months. My title changed 5 titles in 6 years but the job was always the same.

Humana insights

Based on 2,448 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Time and location flexibility
Areas for improvement
  • Overall satisfaction
  • Trust in colleagues
  • Sense of belonging

It was fine

I don’t have much to say negative or positive. Didn’t work there long my co workers were cool. Pay was about average for my experience at the time. Just didn’t want to be in that industry

Great place

Humana cares about its employees. I love my job. I enjoy helping people over the phone. Team atmosphere, even though we work at home. Training could have been better.

Okay place to work, micromanaged

I don't know if I would say it's a long-term company to work for. You are micromanaged a lot. And constantly threatened if your metrics are not good. All calls are recorded and they score them frequently. It seems like if your chummy with upper management you may have better odds of advancing

management doesn’t care

the needs / wants of the employees matter little to administration. they keep implementing new projects / programs all the while their IT system never has worked right but they wont fix it. so anytime they try to implement something new it never works right. really so much waste at the expense of peoples’ health.

Pros

work from home options.

Cons

too many to list here.

Low pay, very focused on metrics

While the job is certainly better than a retail position, it is extremely low pay and they focus a lot on your metrics. If you don’t mind both points above, you’ll thrive at this job.

Bad staff. They want you to work a lot, but don’t pay that much. Their system always has a problem. when having system issue they don’t pay you for the time fixing the system even if they know it’s not your computer but their system.

Great people. Management is hit or miss

All the associates I met while there were amazing and helpful. They would answer questions via IM or in person. They always cheered on new agents. Management was hit or miss. You had some who were really helpful and knowledgeable and some who only cared about you hitting goals. You have to figure out who is who and just stick to asking the helpful ones all of your questions. I would still recommend working here.I'm no longer there. They let me go (I probably should've went after them for how it was done) but all in all, it was a great company. The pay wasn't too bad, either.

Pros

Great employees, renew licenses on site, employee engagement

Cons

Management isn't always the most helpful/knowledgeable

Fun environment/ great benefits/pay should be higher

Humana was a great place to work. They have good benefits, PTO, VTO, overtime and sick days. They send care packages and gifts. You can work remotely. Pay could be a little better, but not too bad. Family oriented company. Probably guaranteed job security and good chances for advancement within the company.

Benefits

Cons

Pay not all that good

Challenging work, enjoyable experience

Enjoyed my time at Humana. Work can get challenging at times with longer hours at times, but overall, decent work life balance. Decent 401k match as well.

High Turnover, Nepatism, and Backstabbing coworkers

I started this job as a temp, and made the mistake of getting hired on. They have an extremely high turnover rate, training is useless, supervisors are unprofessional, and they don't value your labor. My trainer got into verbal arguments with other reps from Humana. They don't care about resolution, call handling, or how the members/providers are treated. They only care about the amount of calls you can take per hour. They utilize Employment Agencies in the Philippines that no one has ever heard of, and that provide zero support and/or communication. Save yourself the headache and the hassle, and find yourself a better employer.

Micromanaged

Unrealistic productivity expectations. Stressful. Micromanagement. Stressful. Stressful. Micromanagement. Fear of constant threat of layoffs. unrealistic expectations.

Going Through Major Reorganization

The companies main data and analytics area was going through a major reorg. Hope they solve the problems of redundancy and competing subunits. PTO and 401k match were good, health insurance plans not so good. They shouldn't be giving their employees so many hassles to get proper healthcare covered. Employees should feel good about Humana coverage, since they are trying to sell and support it for others. Training was getting good when I was leaving. They need to get employee feedback on all specific levels of the management that they report up to, not just the immediate manager. Bad management practices persist too much without it. Also need to break down silos better: get people in different places in the organization talking to one another when they basically deal with the same product, e.g., Medicare.

Good Overall

I enjoyed working here. Environment is very chill, and management doesn’t micromanage as long as you do your work and show up on time. Made good friends and connections here.

Love Humama

Awesome place to work. I have been with this wonderful company for 7 years. I started as work at home Case Manager and currently I am a Manager. Leadership currently is amazing. Over the 7 years I have had hd several different leaders, most were decent and supportive with a couple of outliers that were very micromanaging (those leaders have currently left). The benefits are robust and pay is within line of industry standards. There is room for growth and professional development. Humana actually listens to their associates and works extremely hard to provide a good work life balance, diversity and inclusivity. I honestly never want to leave.

Pros

Benefits, diversity, inclusivity and work-life balance

Cons

Can be micromanaging depending on department leadership

Not paid enough for the amount of stress

While, I had a supervisor who went above and beyond to help us and make life easier, there are many who do not. While the stress was bearable, the amount of stress felt undo when when I left I was barely over the new minimum wage. That brought in a whole new amount of stress.

Professional but lots of red tape

Lots of meetings and everything is highly organized. Work is very slow and onboarding is terrible. People are generally very nice. With healthcare, there will always be legacy software but they are trying to implement modern technologies.

Long hours- commison are very low

Excellent Company from the Independent Division.Career Diivision, more work on the phone, less pay- no residual ..Long hours and little flexibility with your work schedule

productive and fun place

Arrive on time, greet staff, and meetings. Associate development monthly. Worked there several years and it was great. Networking was beneficial for success.

Customer Service Type of Job

I expected this to be more of a social work type of position, but it was more customer service geared. On the phone all day. Watched all day long for length of time on each call and in between calls. Not for me.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Humana. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.7 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

3.2Fairygodboss Score

60%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

60%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss

Compare Humana with

• Humana
Tell us how to improve this page
What would you add or change?