Humanscale Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Worst Job Ever
Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAJuly 19, 2018
Worst job ever - they dont treat black people well and the only employees that get decent treatment are in Sales the Operational Staff are constantly undermined and disregarded by the Sales teams and upper management.
Great experience
Account Executive (Former Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJuly 10, 2018
I enjoyed working at Humanscale. I learned a lot, the benefits and culture are great. Some troubles with leadership just like any company, but overall a great experience.
Ok place to work for if you have a good manager
Anonymous (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 3, 2018
There have been a lot of structural changes since I worked at the company, but the team I worked with was great and so was the company culture. One of the biggest problems I had was my manager who was not a pleasant person overall. This isn't an ideal place to work for if you are interested in learning a lot and working your way up in the company. This is better for a person who wants to learn skill sets they need to and then moving on to another company or for someone who doesn't mind working at a company where after a while, the work can be a bit redundant. On a brighter note, the work space is very beautiful, there's a business casual dress code and there are some free healthy snack options offered for those who prefer that.
Pros
My collegues are great people and great to work with.
Cons
Some of the company politics with management is difficult to deal with.
Interesting place to work
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Greenwood Village, COJune 7, 2018
Learned a lot about equipment that included computer desks, chairs, lamps etc. The customers were very helpful. The training to do the job properly was lacking structure which made it harder to catch on to the correct way to help the customer successfully.
Bad Management
Regional Government Specialist (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAMay 30, 2018
Way too many managers. Do not value employees at all. I would tell everyone I know to never work here unless you want to be miserable at all times. It is that bad.
typical day at work
Loader/Unloader (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJMay 27, 2018
scan boxes, load trailers, get crew motivated, wrap pallets, sweep floors put labels on boxes, check the fullfillment status report of the packing list.
Good
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 25, 2018
A very good company where i felt comfortably good co-workers.
Collaborative
HR Associate (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJApril 23, 2018
Humanscale was a very diverse company and i feel like management specialized in making it an equal opportunity for most employees. There were many collaborative events throughout the year where most of the company shared great moments together.
Management was terrible
CSR (Former Employee) –  DenverApril 16, 2018
I worked here for 2 years. I was micromanaged every day but management that had zero management skills. They had just been with the company the longest.
Great Industry, Company needs help on the customer service side of things.
Sales Representative - NE Florida (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLMarch 28, 2018
This company has the toughest training I have ever been through, but saw quickly why it was so. Most companies viewed me as wearing a white lab coat and took my training to heart. Won many accounts because of the training and the true trust in me and our products. The manufacturer's customer service is still being complained about even after 6 months of my leaving the company. It is a shame, as it is a great industry and they have amazing ergonomic products with great warranty. I loved getting phone calls from companies telling me that their employee was back at work and pain free. Best days!!
Pros
I have a perfect ergonomic station that I work from.
Cons
I would have stayed if it were not for their poor customer service.
Nice environment
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAMarch 16, 2018
This is a good place to work however job security is minimal. Management comes and goes so your experience will be based on who’s in there. Overall a good place to work.
Interesting beautifully crafted products.
Sr Mechanical Design Engineer (Contract) (Current Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 23, 2018
Growing private company with great ergonomic office and medical products. Very environmentally concerned company making great efforts toward corporate sustainability.
Pros
Bagel Friday
Cons
Needs move physical space to grow
Productive workplace
Master Data Intern (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJJanuary 3, 2018
friendly environment, everyone is friends with each other and people like each other. Also very environmentally friendly company; I dont feel like writing anymore
Wao, it is productive, fun, a very good company and yes pin pon
Team Leader (Current Employee) –  New JerseyJanuary 2, 2018
Humanscale is a equal oportunity company i love work for this organization, it offers good benefits and let the people grow and scale to better position. Company also offers vacations paid depending of the days you accumulate.
Pros
Free coffee and bagels on friday
Cons
One half hour lunch brake, and two short brakes 15 min
Crazy and unorganized
Help Desk Analyst (Former Employee) –  Piscataway, NJDecember 14, 2017
Crazy and unorganized from the salesmen front point of view to the production back. A little bit of hypocrisy mixed with good people who work hard but don't get the recognition they deserve.
Worked From Home
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEOctober 31, 2017
Worked from home, enjoyed my coworkers and helping others. Did not enjoy my daily tasks as I was asked to perform and find the success that other reps were asked to do, only I was not a rep yet. My workload consisted of two jobs, and I felt I was treated unfairly.
Great place to work if you're in sales
Scheduling Coordinator (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CASeptember 8, 2017
There is a distinct separation between the sales team and admins (sales support). The two groups do not work as a cohesive unit, and admins are treated as "peasants".
Pros
Free breakfast on Fridays
Cons
People not treated equally
Ergonomic Technician/Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAAugust 30, 2017
Ordered all necessary parts for products that needed to be repaired. Worked very close with the sales team to set up meeting and installations. Scheduled appointment and meetings with all of my clients.
Pros
Set my schedule
Cons
No room for growth
Productive with great people
Field Service Technician (Current Employee) –  San Francisco, CAJune 7, 2017
I really love working at Humanscale but I don't see the room for advancement. I've been there for over ten years and I need the option of more financial gain. I'm a hard and efficient worker and would like to be recognized for my years of service. I enjoy being out in the feild working with and meeting new people daily and they have a nice group of fun loving employees. A typical day at humanscale, we start from home, head to our storage unit to pick up any materials needed for the day and then head to various different appointments throughout the Bay Area. We do both installations and repairs daily.
Pros
Great environment, great people
Cons
Not much room for growth.
Very bad environment...
Greater Los Angeles Area Operations Manager (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMay 1, 2017
The company has potential but it is infected by bad management and lack of communication, self egotistical executives and unfair treatment to those who do not follow every step.

It has been laying off employees since 2016 and it continues to do bad.

It is definitely a company that gets lots of attention in the media but when it comes to treating employees well, it is another matter.
Pros
The brand name
Cons
Lack of communication, bad management, low salaries