Hungry Howie's Pizza Employee Reviews

its a great first job.
insider (Former Employee) –  Alliance, OHOctober 11, 2018
It has five stars when it comes to job seeking. The managers are typically good at communication. working at this company gave me a chance to learn new life skills that no other job has before.
Great Company
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Hartland, MIOctober 10, 2018
The management was stern but not harsh, The people there were fun to be around. It wasnt a hard job but it is very tedious when it comes to making pizza's all day.
Pros
neutral
Cons
nrutral
... Guide
Delivery Driver and Cook (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCOctober 8, 2018
its nice too work there its fun nice people very good pizza the crew is very laid back it will get very busy at times ans you will have too work at a fast pace
fun work environment
Assistant Manager (Shift Lead) (Current Employee) –  Miramar, FL 33025October 8, 2018
hungry howies is a fun place to work , you get to meet new friends that turns into family. As long as you find a cover , they are ok with you going on vacation. The owners reward you with bonuses if you reach the goal for the month.
Pros
free jr pizza
Cons
short breaks
Working with hungry Howie's was a great experience, i was given plenty of freedom and flexability.
food preparer/Delivery (Former Employee) –  Flint, Mi , Corunna RoadOctober 3, 2018
I enjoyed my days at Hungry Howie's and I have no complaints about the company. As a delivery driver, I was able to stay busy and learn more about my home town. My only reason for leaving was car repair trouble.
Pros
Co-workers, plenty of work to stay busy and driving around the city was relaxing.
Cons
A productive and fun work place
Cook/ Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LAOctober 3, 2018
A typical day is that you would log in to start work. Then you would prepare yourself for deliveries. Always make sure that your hands were clean. And to be prompt. The workplace and culture was good. Overall it was a good company to work for.
Pros
Great Atmosphere
Cons
No complaints
fun and relaxed place to work
Insider/ Driver (Former Employee) –  Monroe, MIOctober 2, 2018
steady paced for most days working.
how to handle customers .
management knew how to handle everything and knew how to run the work place.
bad customer service was a bad part of the job.
being able to feel like had a second family.
Pros
relaxed, good people to work with, steady paced
Cons
customer service
Staff (Former Employee) –  Chesaning, MIOctober 1, 2018
I liked it when i first started but ended up learning to much about mangers personal life. Manger also had their favorites and some conversations were not appropriate for a work place. When they left for a little while the replacement manager ran that store better it was fair and friendly environment. If that manager was still the manager i would of stayed.
Pros
Discount
Not the best. No raise. Stressful. Difficult situations
Insider/Driver (Former Employee) –  West Bloomfield Township, MISeptember 30, 2018
Walk in, clock in, go to the back and do the dishes. After that come to the front take orders, and make them. When someone walks in for a pick-up I would greet them and cash them out. Management was not the best and very strict. It was hard to make any sort of raise. I was a hard-worker there for 1solid year and the franchise owner told me he would consider a few sent raise. Hardest part was keeping everyone happy and getting completely bossed around all day with out being able to make a single judgement call by yourself. Most enjoyable part was being able to make your own food and get creative with it and also how fast time would fly most days.
Pros
make your own food.
Cons
no break. filling fridge with 2 liters and sodas. cleaning constatly.
Good fast paced workplace
Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLSeptember 28, 2018
Great place to work with much knowledge learned. Very fast paced with goals and challenges everyday to overcome. Working as manager the goal was to strive to make the workplace become even more efficient while lowering the employee hiring/firing turnover rate. In the end the company was a great source of knowledge with coworkers that worked together as family.
Great for young people
Driver (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLSeptember 26, 2018
Hungry Howie's is a great place for young energetic people to work at. At times it's a little slow and others it's fast paced and hectic. My favorite part was the really nice people you can run into and or meet while making some money also. Finding good managers is a plus and the manager at our restaurant was top of the line.
Pros
Hourly, gas, and tips for drivers
Cons
Working in the rain and traffic
Very productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCSeptember 19, 2018
I would typically only work from Friday-Sunday every week from 5:00pm-11:00pm. I learned more customer service from this job, and how to deal with difficult customers. Workplace culture was the best part about this job, I had many coworkers who I got to call my friends. Great work environment, better people.
Pros
Coworkers and Discount
Cons
N/a
good people
Hungry Howie's Pizza Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Warren, MISeptember 18, 2018
High stress with a high turnover of employees. Is easy work for the most part if everyone works together as a team. Management was good and always willing to work with you.
It's a decent place to work but nothing special
Manager (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 18, 2018
I worked in every capacity for them. My manager was fair and never made any unfair demands. It can be stressful when it gets busy. The best benefit is the free food
Pros
Free food
Cons
Not many
High stress, little to no formal training
Preperatory Cook (Former Employee) –  Southfield, MISeptember 18, 2018
Management was not great, team members had little tolerance, not great at customer service. The hardest part of the job was the lack of formal training offered.
best pay and work place for what youre doing in cstat
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  College Station, TXSeptember 17, 2018
excellent crew.
the owner is one of the most down to earth people ive ever met. my first few times working with him I had no idea he was the owner or anything above a manager. He never threw his weight around or treated anyone with anything but respect.

Honestly it was inspiring to work for someone like him as you saw that you were working with a purpose. I would never describe him as a boss or owner but as a leader. It was incredibly refreshing working for someone with his demeanor.
Pros
excellent pizza, great atmosphere for working
Productive yet stress-free workplace
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLSeptember 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time here seeing as how my time spent with other employees was limited. I delivered multiple orders at a time and was frequently out of the store.
Pros
Discounted food and good hours
Cons
Gossip and lots of unintended overtime
Very fun work place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Waterford, MISeptember 16, 2018
The mamagers are very laid back, but are also good leaders and workers of the company. All in all the whole work experience is one I will never forget
Pros
Tips
Cons
No breaks
fun at times But not enough hours
crewmember/driver (Current Employee) –  Marysville, MISeptember 15, 2018
manager always copys and past schedule from week to week so you could have the same hours 2 week or more in a row and now get anymore hours and when you need more hours and they put you on the same schedule for 2 sometimes longer it starts to frustrate people you could have 12 hours one week then you ask for a day or 2 off the following week and they keep putting you off for them same days the following weeks
Pros
great crew met alot of friends
Cons
copy and past schedule
It was ok
ASSISTANT MANAGER (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLSeptember 13, 2018
As Assistant Manager some of my responsibilities include making sure my co workers are prompt, in the right/appropriate attire, entering in, sometimes making the whole schedule, counting down registers, ordering produce, opening/closing store etc.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hungry Howie's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight