Hungry Howie's Pizza Employee Reviews

It’s a relaxed job once you get used to everything
Crew Member (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLAugust 13, 2018
I believe that hungry howies would be the best place to work at for younger adults to work at because they will be able to learn how to deal with customers and be able to work in a team building type of environment that may or may not help them in the future.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Short breaks
Excellent
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Marianna, FLAugust 12, 2018
Great Management! He was super hard working and worked just as hard if not harder then the rest of his employees. He is very understanding and shows actual compassion for his employees and their families.
Pros
Team work great boss
Cons
Doesnt pay the bills
Very Productive Employees
Team Member (Former Employee) –  Detroit, MIAugust 8, 2018
this was a great store. I loves the customers and my team members. management was cool. we always were busy especially on the weekends. it was all worth it for the customers.
It’s pretty good
Pizza Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAAugust 8, 2018
It’s a pretty good job they put you in the position to succeed they tell you how everything is set up and what your duties are they always like to get to know you
Revolving Door
Shift Runner (Current Employee) –  Brooklyn, MIAugust 8, 2018
Although I have enjoyed working at Hungry Howie's and will miss the staff and customers I feel that it is time for me to move on. I have worked there for 5 years and have only recieved two $0.50 raises although my job performance has been unwaivering. I feel undervalued as an employee so I feel it is time for a change.
Pros
Friendly environment
Cons
No breaks
Manager
Hungry Howies (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 7, 2018
I was a full-time manager at hungry howies, it wasn't to bad at first but then i started having issues with the GM. she was doing a poor job at her work and treating customers really poorly..
Pros
Cons
No breaks, no free food.
wonderful work environment
Kitchen Staff (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLAugust 6, 2018
there is always something to do so you are never bored..you and your co workers can switch work stations at anytime or veer off and help your co workers who are backed up with orders
Pros
free food, positive work environment
fun, customer service, pizza
Cashier (Former Employee) –  New Port Richey, FLAugust 5, 2018
Fun time with friends making pizza. Had to deal with customers on phone and know the ins and outs of how to order and what to recommend. Learned how to communicate over the phone.
Productive and fun workplace
Cashier/Food Prep/Order (Current Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIAugust 4, 2018
Hungry Howie's was an amazing place to work and an amazing first job. There, I learned how to complete tasks easier. The management was satisfactory and they had a very understanding work schedule. The hardest part of the job was the stress you can be put under sometimes during our dinner rush. The most enjoyable part of the job were the people I work with, management, and most importantly, the environment. The environment is not too harsh whatsoever and it's very easy to enjoy your time there.
And okay place
Floater (Former Employee) –  Deltona, FLAugust 4, 2018
I was a floater Basically meaning I did everything around the store it was good A good job but it wasn’t enough pay I left the job because I don’t have transportation’s and they were going to a lot of managers
Pros
Reasonable breaks and free food sometimes
Cons
No benefits & little pay & no discounts
I liked it there
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Berkley, MIJuly 31, 2018
It was faced paced most of the time and the staff was very friendly, everyone seemed to enjoy there job and did whatever needed to be done...also stressfull
Pros
Discounted food
Cons
No breaks for me
Good workplace for first job.
Manager Assistant (Current Employee) –  Naples, FLJuly 31, 2018
For my first job it’s a good workplace but after a couple years I realized this job had no opportunities to climb higher in management. It’s a good first job but after a few years I started to realize my hard work was not being compensated for.
Good work place to start
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Sun City Center, FLJuly 27, 2018
Great place to work, fast paced job makes great commentication skills. Good management and great pizza. Defiantly a great place to work if you want to make good money
Worst Job Experience Ever
Food Preparer (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIJuly 26, 2018
This applies to the 16&Groesbeck location only. This Hungry Howies is privately owned. The owners 19 year old daughter is more or less the General Manager.

No training of any kind for new hires. No food safety regulations are enforced, no uniform standard is enforced, no attendance standard (no call no show doesn't get you in trouble or fired), no behavior standards are enforced (ignore, defy, disrespect mgrs is ok, unless it's owners daughter).
Schedule changes mid-week without notice, one cooler unit leaks, another cooler unit is overburdened, the walk in cooler ceiling leaks, sometimes onto food. I have seen food hit the floor and get served to customers. Any customer complaint is treated as a scam to get free food.
Pros
Cons
anything goes, complete chaos
Fast paced environment with many oprotunities
Shift Leader/Cashier (Former Employee) –  Tallahassee, FLJuly 25, 2018
A typical work day would consist of prepping vegetables, taking food orders, and serving the public. I learned that thier management works like a family rather than a business.
Great work atmosphere
Manager (Former Employee) –  Oxford, OHJuly 23, 2018
This was one of my favorite jobs. The staff worked very well together. Paid fairly upon experience. Plenty of opportunities for overtime and advancement.
Started as Driver, ended as Assistant Manager
Driver / Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  East Ridge, TNJuly 21, 2018
I began working for hungry howies as a pizza delivery driver, but as the ownership was looking to shift i was promoted to Staff Leader, then Assistant manager not long after. I was in training to be General Manager, however the ownership shift fell through and the owners decided to close the business.
Fast food
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  Essexville, MIJuly 20, 2018
Its fast food, so I'm not sure what most people would expect. Shifts are short, pay is low and expectations are high. Just doesn't seem to fit what the job really is.
Pros
Flexable schedule
Cons
Low wages, Upper management
Physically demanding, lots of hours
Shift Leader / Hungry Howie's (Former Employee) –  Fresno, CAJuly 20, 2018
It is a typical fast food work place. You provide a service and complete your duties and you will be fine. Breaks are short but it depends how many hours your shift are.
Pros
experience
Cons
pay
Team Member
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Plant City, FLJuly 17, 2018
Hungry Howies is a great job with friendly coworkers and management. Most mornings aren't busy, neither are weekdays in the evening, but weekends can get very busy. Hungry Howies on Hwy E is known for being bilingual and has a store attached.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hungry Howie's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight