Hungry Howie's Pizza Employee Reviews

Its a fun workplace
Cook (Current Employee) –  Winter Garden, FLJune 12, 2018
A typical day at work is pretty fun . You get to meet new people , talk to people , laugh with people . I learned how to greet people , talk to customers , and learned how to bring them in . The management is really good never had any problems with management they are great . There really isnt any hard part of the job . The most enjoyable part of the job is getting to meet new people and talking to people .
Pros
Discounts
Cons
Short breaks
Hh
Manager (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJune 12, 2018
It was an alright place to work. The pay was decent and the work itself wasn't too hard. The only problem was that the quick pace and the hard tile was bad on my back.
cool
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Wahneta, FLJune 4, 2018
The food is awesome and the employees are always smiley and friendly. They are some pretty nice people who work here that make you feel welcomed its nice.
Productive and fun workplace
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 4, 2018
I learned no matter how much pressure you put on yourself, it doesn't matter. The hardest part of the job for me was answering the phone to take orders.
Pros
50% discount
The food here is so much better than all the other stores in Marion County
Pizza Cutter (Former Employee) –  Belleview, FLJune 2, 2018
It was a good job as a starter but nothing else. I did like the owner. He was great guy and was easy to get along with if you understood him. The coworkers were amazing and also easy to get along with
Fast Passed
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Macomb, MIJune 2, 2018
Working at Hungry Howie's is just like you would expect it to be. There are good days and bad days, days where everyone gets the right order and days were you get cussed out repeatedly on the phone and in person.
long term employee
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLJune 1, 2018
Good income as a delivery driver. Management can be better but its what you expect from a pizza place. If you can work with teenagers with not much work ethic but other than that. the money was good.
Pros
good money for drivers
fun and challenging.
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Palmetto, FLMay 31, 2018
a typical day at work in season is you will always get a hit of rush hour. it can be super slow and all of a sudden tickets will be flying and tons of people could walk in and 15 minutes later its slow again. what i learned was how stressful the food industry can be. managment could use some work but they are cool people to hang out with. the hardest part of the job is keeping a calm and focused mind when it gets busy because some times it can feel like you are about to explode. the most enjoyable part of the job is making jokes and laughing with your coworkers.
Pros
get to eat off the buffet for free before clocking in, on break, or after clocking out.
Cons
can be stressful. no discounts for employees. never know when they will tell you to clockout.
Very calm and laidback
Kitchen Staff (Current Employee) –  DeLand, FLMay 31, 2018
I do all the dough for the pizzas. Sometimes I would work the oven and answer the phones to take peoples orders. The workplace was very calm could get a little stressful. I enjoyed working the oven but making dough is a nightmare.
Pros
free food
Cons
Work hours
It was ok
Delivery Driver/Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Sterling Heights, MIMay 30, 2018
The pay at this job was great. Not the pay from the employer, but the tips were amazing. Had to spend a lot of money on my car to keep it from falling apart. But good pay overall
Nice atmosphere with nice people to work with
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FL 33629May 30, 2018
Hungry Howie's Pizza was one of the first jobs I received when I was in high school so a typical day was working after school till later or closing hours. I learned many things being one of my first jobs, such as working in an employment atmosphere in general. Management ran the company well and this equaled a nice work place culture. The hardest part of the job was being in my first food working industry and keeping up when the food rush began. The most enjoyable part of the job was the long breaks and the free food.
Pros
free food
Cons
healthcare
Great First job, But nothing more.
General Staff (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIMay 24, 2018
Hungry Howie's is a great first job. It is a quick paced work environment that teaches you about all the basic skills you need to have good customer service. Other than a first job i would look somewhere else for the reason of, the pay isn't great and there isn't much room for promotion and you don't get much recognition.
Pros
Discounts
Cons
lack of advancement, small salaries
It was fun just not enough to make a living off of
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Wayne, MIMay 22, 2018
My time at hungry howies was time i used to advance myself for future carriers. the pay was minimal and manigment was kinda bad, but there where some that where good.
Pros
chill place to work
Cons
bad pay
Staff is like family
Driver/Manager (Former Employee) –  Enterprise, ALMay 21, 2018
Thoroughly enjoyed being a customer and then employee of Hungry Howie's Pizza in Enterprise. The managers and owners were very kind and courteous with customers!
Ok
Prep Cook/Dishwasher/Cashier (Current Employee) –  Bowling Green, FLMay 19, 2018
Was ok at times, management was ok work environment was great and friendly.......place was kept good only thing pay wasn’t good and felt overwhelmed..
Pros
Good food
Cons
Not enough p
Good temporary job
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIMay 17, 2018
It's delivering pizza's, games days are rushed and busy weekdays are laid back and relaxed. I worked in a college town so winter and fall were the busiest season summer was a delight to work except for the lack of tip money.
Its a decent pizza job
Asst. General Manager (Former Employee) –  Ypsilanti, MI 48197May 17, 2018
Its pizza not to much to say, Its hungry howies. NOt bad Nothing special. the owner is kinda a cheap skate though. you usually get the time off you request most people have been there awhile
Best minimum wage can give you
Driver (Current Employee) –  Fenton, MIMay 16, 2018
Ive always recommended working in pizza over fast food or retail. My experience with Hungry Howies has been quite good and the store in Fenton above standard. It's the most successful pizza place in Fenton, so there's plenty of business and the tips are good if you're looking to drive. You get the same stresses as any service industry job and it's not exactly Trump wages, but is easy to get in and fairly easy to advance if you do your job
franchise shift manager
Shift Manager (Former Employee) –  Glendale, AZMay 14, 2018
poorly run franchise but had great staff great customers in a solid location. no advancement or benefits. very lazy culture in the store. product was very good however
easy job
Cashier/Prep Cook (Former Employee) –  Bradenton, FLMay 13, 2018
I liked this job a lot it was super easy made my day go by fast. managment was bad. it was easy to prep. i love organizing so this job was perfect....
Pros
nothing
Cons
1 hour breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hungry Howie's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight