Hungry Howie's Pizza Employee Reviews

Productive and fun
Store Manager (Former Employee) –  DeLand, FLDecember 12, 2018
Great atmosphere great people. Taught me a lot and improved my management skills and work ethic to wanna become greater and achieve in every possible way. Fast paced and there’s always something to do. I had a salary manager job and it was tough but I was great at my job and loved the people I worked with.
i really enjoyed the managing aspect of my job
General Manager (Former Employee) –  Kendallville, INDecember 11, 2018
I made all of my customers feel at home and in their comfort zone. I made it a fun working environment, but also very professional. They were not very organized at all. I leaned 90 % of my job on my own. Went through 3 area supervisors in a 1.5 year period.
Pros
gave credit
Cons
no health care
Stressful and exhausting work place
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Westland, MIDecember 8, 2018
A typical day at work means working harder than the rest of my employees because they were NOT trained properly and like to use their phones a lot. The hardest part of the job is trying to get people to actually work. The most enjoyable part is finally getting to go home!
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks if any, healthcare, benefits
It was a great and fun workplace. The people and environment was very welcoming and friendly.
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Wesley Chapel, FLDecember 7, 2018
The best part about working there was the people. They always made you feel good about your work. The work environment was the best one I have ever had. They were my other family. Also if you ever needed help with abything all you had to do was ask and someone would come help you. It really was the most easiest job.
Pros
Free lunch. Great hours. Fun. Great people.
Cons
Health care.
Good job for people with little experience
DELIVERY DRIVER (Former Employee) –  Williamston, MIDecember 7, 2018
You get paid $9.00 / hour while in the store and $4.00 / hour while on a delivery. With tips you make an average of $10.00. It is a good place to get your foot into the door of employment.
Pros
Free pizza occasionally
Cons
No breaks
It was a awesome place to work.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Lakeland, FLDecember 6, 2018
I just I was promise I was going to get a raise when I was at my 3-month Mark. But by the time I was hitting my 9 month Mark I still did not receive a raise I was doing prep I was cook I was line cook I was cashier I was customer representative I also did some of the maintenance and I still did not get a raise and sometimes I would train people even though I was not the manager also I did do some ordering for the next day I also prep for the next day I was receiving 8. 10 an hour and they promised me at my third month I would receive a $0.50raise and did not receive but other than that great job.
Pros
Cons
Pay food
fun environment and easy people to get along with
Cashier/Cook (Former Employee) –  Tuscaloosa, ALDecember 5, 2018
it was really fast paced environment but fun
i learned to work and think fast on my feet
the hardest part was getting things off the top shelf because i am short
Pros
free food
Cons
short breaks
Great Company
Marketing/Manager (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZNovember 29, 2018
Great Company. I loved working for them and loved all of my coworkers and managers. It was a great experience and I would recommend the job to anyone!
Very nice company to work for
Driver/Manager (Current Employee) –  Highland, MINovember 29, 2018
Hungry Howies is a great company to work for. Learned a lot about running a crew. Opening and closing the store.management dutys.Hungry Howies is a great company .
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Low hours
Howies is an intersting place to work.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Boone, NCNovember 29, 2018
As a driver, i get to go to many places, meet tons of people and usually have a good time driving around town. Inside the shop it could go from completely dead, to insanely busy in a matter of 10 min. Its a fun job to meet new people. But sometimes the money isnt worth the stress and vehicle wear and tear it causes.
Pros
50% off everything, meeting new people.
Cons
Working till 4-5am sometimes.
Productive, fun, and friendly workplace.
INSIDER, CASHIER & PREP (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALNovember 29, 2018
It was a great place to work. Managerial staff was great, and they were very encouraging. Fast paced enviornment and would reccomend this place of business.
Great place for a first job.
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Marysville, MINovember 29, 2018
Working here was great with it being my first job in high school. The schedule was flexible enough for a student, after graduation though I started doing the work of a manager while being paid as general crew and no offer of a raise or promotion, which I'd ultimately why I left. Ownership has changed since, so conditions might be better now.
great place to work
Customer service (Former Employee) –  Highland, MINovember 28, 2018
great first time job had lots of fun managers were really nice and friendly, free pizza, only bad thing is that I had to work during dinner time, but had fun working there.
productive and fun environment
insider (Former Employee) –  Tehachapi, CANovember 25, 2018
a typical day at work usually went pretty fast and was enjoyable for the most part.
I learned a lot about making pizzas, salads and breads.
management was descent and relaxed for the most part.
the workplace was relaxed yet productive, everyone was usually content.
the hardest part of the job was the lack of pay and hours.
the most enjoyable part of the job was competing for better times on food and folding pizza boxes.
Pros
postive environment, relaxed job, still productive
Cons
low hours and low pay at the time
I didn’t mind working there
Store manager (Former Employee) –  Santa Rosa beach flNovember 24, 2018
I didn’t mind working there but I worked so much and then going through the divorce that I was it was constantly something going on . I worked in Ponce De Leon Florida at that time so the drive and havig my son all by myself it was just a step.
Very productive and learning every day to help improve business and customer service.
Assistant Store Manager (Current Employee) –  Belle Glade, FLNovember 19, 2018
My time at Hungry Howie's has taught me a lot about about business and customer service. I've been working here for about 5 years now and couldn't have asked for anything more. A typical day at work consists of helping customers, making food, boxes, dough, and taking deliveries. The hardest part of the job to me is when we are getting a lot of phone-ins at one time and making sure that everything goes the way it should and run smoothly. The most enjoyable part about the job is taking the deliveries to customers.
Good place
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Lafayette, LANovember 15, 2018
Good place to work if you love a fast paced environment and children. The staff was great and the hours worked for me at that time in my life. I would recommend this job to others.
Enjoyable work environment with flexible work hours. Very fast paced.
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Blountstown, FLNovember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working at Hungry Howie’s because they cared about their employees. They worked extremely well with school schedules and were always there to help people out. It is an extremely fast paced environment and it always kept me on my toes.
Pros
Flexible work schedule
casual and fun place to work
Manager (Former Employee) –  Fayetteville, NCNovember 10, 2018
an easy place to work. management is easy to talk to and is understanding when it comes to scheduling issues. it was a laid back work culture. as long as everything was squared away it was a great place to work.
Great Pizza, Great company!
BUSINESS OWNER/FRANCHISEE (Former Employee) –  South CarolinaNovember 10, 2018
Hungry Howie's Pizza has a great product. This company is family owned and the leadership takes a long term view with sound decision making, no fly-by-night policies are made here. The company has integrity and cares about it's employees and customers. Supports charitable causes and communities. Fun environment to work in.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hungry Howie's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

2.0InHerSight Score

1.7Personal Development

2.6Career Opportunities

1.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight