Hungry Howie's Pizza Employee Reviews

It might be different at other stores but what I experienced with mine I don’t really like
Key Holder (Current Employee) –  Hazel Park, MIMarch 24, 2019
It’s an easy job once u get a hang of it but i can’t do the job with the smells and co-workers with me being pregnant the smells mess with my stomach also it’s too much for me right now.
Pros
Free Food, More Hours
Cons
Co-workers / Management
Consultants took on a lot of responsibility. Five straight years of positive sales was a great accomplishment.
Franchise Consultant (Former Employee) –  Madison Heights, MIMarch 21, 2019
Family oriented. Not real progressive. A good culture at the corporate office. Slow growth. Pay scale was less then the industry standard. Operations team was very strong.
Pros
Director left us on our own to do the job. 401K.
Cons
Too much repetition with administration work. Documentation.
It was ok at first...
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Mobile, ALMarch 20, 2019
I got this job when I first started college and it was a good part-time job just to have spending money in my pocket. However, I started being made to work more hours with no advance in pay. I spoke to my manager about it and I saw a drastic decrease in my hours per week. Needless to say I was being punished for speaking up.
Fun energtic fast paced environment
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 19, 2019
A typical day at work started with receiving and reviewing your Bank after log in. Orders were averaged at aproximately 3 deliveries per hour. Management was very flexible and worked with you in unusual situations. I always felt like my safety was a priority. The hardest part of the job was traffic. The easiest part was the flexibility of schedule and the ability to make cash.
Pros
free lunch
Cons
no scheduled breaks
Decent enough place to work
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Bloomfield Hills, MIMarch 16, 2019
Management is decent enough get things done in a timley fashion and pretty chill and laid back compared to most places. Sometimes things can get decently stressful for delivery drivers. Pay is low but is supplemented by tips.
Pros
Felxible Hours, Laid back enviroment with stressful periods in between, Good Management
Cons
No real breaks, Stressful at times, wages depend on your tips
Fast paced without many breaks
Delivery Driver (Former Employee) –  Clarkston, MIMarch 5, 2019
the morning shift is typically 11am-8pm sometimes longer sometimes shorter depending on how busy they are. it is not worth the minimum wage to work inside, if you do decided to apply for hungry howies i will always suggest being a driver as you get a large pay jump with tips, on average i would expect $15 an hour or more for this position.
Pros
free lunches, breaks if slow. employee discounts.
Cons
not much advancement, long continuous hours if busy.
Great work environment
Insider (Former Employee) –  Howell, MIMarch 4, 2019
Walking in everyone is super friendly and super helpful getting you started on what to do. The hardest part of the job is how fast you need to work in order to be considered a good worker or a hard worker u need to be able to know what's going on.
Loved it here
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCMarch 4, 2019
My GM was so helpful and constantly telling me I was doing great and made me feel like a highly valued employee! I started as just a cashier, then I was a delivery driver, then I was made a manager! It felt good for someone to truly believe in my potential.
Pros
Discounted Pizza, Fun work environment, Great management
fun, productive work space
Shift Leader (Former Employee) –  Roseville, MIFebruary 28, 2019
good environment to work in. Everyone is friendly and hard working, store 53 has great employees to work with. would recommend to anyone looking for a fun environment to work in.
easy, nice coworkers.
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Weston, FLFebruary 27, 2019
This was my first job and I could say that I liked that it was my first job because it was easy for me. I loved being a cashier and taking people's orders. I even learned how to make pizzas and how to cut them. The people were overall nice and cooperative but the management was bad. Managers weren't paying the exact amount to me and the coworkers, they wouldn't give us the tips on times and sometimes they would even forget. co workers couldn't deposit checks on that same day given because the restaurant didn't have the money to pay their workers.
Decent company
Inside team member/ Delivery driver (Former Employee) –  Haslett, MIFebruary 23, 2019
It's a good job for high school or college students. There is opportunity to move up to management as well. This store was neglected greatly by the owner, but it was a fun atmosphere there.
Fun, great food, nice co workers,
Cashier, Cook, Clean (Former Employee) –  Winter Haven, FLFebruary 21, 2019
It was a good starter job. The manager was nice but stern. Co-workers got along. Seriouse but laid back. As long as your job was done properly things ran smooth. Gets a bit hectic but overall the job was great environment to be in.
Pros
Free lunch, fun environment
Cons
Can get hectic
Fun
Crew Member (Former Employee) –  Kalamazoo, MIFebruary 17, 2019
Good first job. Just like any other pizza job. It is food service, not very different from any other job. Get ready to slave next to that oven, it gets very hot. Only decent job is driving, but get ready to put miles on your car.
Pros
Free food
Cons
No breaks
Its pizza
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Tampa, FLFebruary 13, 2019
Work place is nice and the people are somewhat friendly.
Insider (Former Employee) –  Saginaw, MIFebruary 11, 2019
I would only recommend an insider job to a high school student because they do work around your hours & you’ll work 15-20 hours a week. Shift manager is okay hours 25-30 some weeks you might get 35 depends.
Pros
Good experience
Cons
Low hours & you don’t get recognized for good things & no breaks
Good restaurant work environment
Cook/Shift Manager (Current Employee) –  Belleview, FLFebruary 9, 2019
Fast-paced work environment. Focuses on Speed, efficiency, communication and team skills. Coordination and cleanliness in order to properly maintain and efficiently run a restaurant business.
Great place for college students or for a second job.
Delivery Driver (Current Employee) –  Saint George, UTFebruary 7, 2019
Flexible hours and good pay for college kids or as a second job. Stress free job where you can just listen t music and bring people food and make 15-25 an hour with tips.
Pros
Good pay, flexible hours.
Cons
Bad on your car.
Very lovely place to work that often have good people working along with you making sure that you are on top of your game.
Cook/Prep (Former Employee) –  Grosse Pointe, MIFebruary 2, 2019
I would advise you understand the work conditions that they have set for the restaurant such as standing for a long time, no breaks unless you need a smoke break or is in deep need for one and that it’s a fast pace job especially on the weekend
Pros
you get free food
Cons
no breaks unless you smoke
The manager ray was the worst
Driver (Former Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAJanuary 28, 2019
He sleeps with his young employees, he screams and yells at people, only reason he has the job is because his Dad owned the store. Worst person I've ever worked for. This was at the baton rouge location near LSU
Hours and pay was not enough. Good for first job.
Insider/Driver (Former Employee) –  Washington, MIJanuary 27, 2019
For my first job, it was great. For a longtime job, it was not so great. I got a raise when everyone else got a raise and it was not individually calculated for my work. It was basically what everyone else got. The work was busy and fun but I do wish I got full-time hours. I worked 27-32 hours per week with 1 day off, and 4-5 hours per day.
Pros
fast paced, great customers understanding manager.
Cons
hours, pay, and coworkers

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hungry Howie's Pizza. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.2InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.0Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight