Hunt, Guillot & Associates, LLC Employee Reviews

Employees Wear Multiple Hats
Staffing Recruiter (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAAugust 22, 2018
Here at HGA, I am consistently given the opportunity to perform tasks outside my job description which keeps me engaged and on my toes. I do not enjoy doing the same tasks over and over so I appreciate the opportunities HGA provides me on a daily basis.
Decent culture in some departments, poor management
Mechanical Engineer II (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAFebruary 3, 2018
This was my first position out of college, so I was extremely excited to get my career started with this company. As a result, I worked hard and tried my best to integrate in with the people in this small-town environment. While I had some good managers in the beginning, leadership turnover was high and I ended up getting left behind by new managers who hired their own subordinates. Additionally, I was stuck doing intern-level field visits (100% travel most weeks), while the people the hired from the local university got all of the real assignments with actual engineering work. The only time I was able get good engineering experience was when I sought the work out for myself (and even then, it required 2 hours of travel each day to get to the job site). Beware: there are not many potentials for growth in this company unless you switch departments. If you're a woman, you can attain several benefits much quicker than if you were a man.
Pros
free drinks (at least there was when I worked there)
Cons
Managers play favorites
Productive & Accurate
Survey Party Chief (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LANovember 22, 2017
Great People & Great Work done correctly Every time. Nice Equipment and friendly Staff. Experience at work. Happy to be there would like to be there now.
Pros
Nice People
Cons
Not busy enough.
Excellent experience with quality co-wrokers.
Rodman/Eyeman - Summer Intern (Former Employee) –  Carrizo Springs, TXNovember 8, 2017
This was a summer internship where I was exposed to a vast amount of different responsibilities. Expectations were high but my co-workers and managers were always willing to help and explain to me thoroughly so that I could understand the appropriate procedures.
HGA as a Temp
Grant Analyst (Current Employee) –  Albany, NYJuly 4, 2017
As a temp, you get high pay with fewer benefits, but it's still a worthwhile experience. The company CARES, the higher ups CARE, the culture they create is one that strives to continue to excel and take CARE of you. Their teambuilding exercises include many free meals, and their management tends to listen to you about workflow and give you independent reign.

I would recommend this workplace to many, and I also know that if I was willing to relocate this job would provide me the security I also crave. It's a trade-off, but it's worth it.
Pros
Great culture.
Cons
As a temp, you get the short end.
Great Company
Project Manager/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 6, 2017
Great company to work for. Management see to be very cued into the needs of the employees. They're also watch out for you during the slow times to keep you on board.
Very good group to work with
Mechanical Drafting intern (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMay 16, 2017
Very team focused, you feel like family at work. A lot of different parts that you can be involved with. Room for advancement within. Great benefits
Management not looking ahead
Sr. Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Washington, PANovember 3, 2016
Management was not looking forward to future work.
Office in Washington did close due to lack of projects.
They did provide Breakfast every Friday which was a plus.
They keep you busy with work and work with your schedule and provide anything you need to get the job done. They take good care of their employees!
Designer (Current Employee) –  La Porte, TXMay 18, 2016
Hunt Guillot and Associates is a very strong Company that takes real good care of it's employees. The benefits are great and so is the pay.
Work was very spuractic at best
Piping Designer- Contract work at Ruston Facility (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAOctober 21, 2015
Piping Designer: Was a contract work, that management was not in control.
It made going to work uneasy. Very unpredictable day to day...

Want to know more about Hunt, Guillot & Associates, LLC?

Ask a question
They do not honnor their job discription and will not pay you for travel
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Ruston, LAJune 19, 2015
Stay away if you are wise. The project managers run the show. They do have some nice people but zero mentoring for young engineers. If you travel for them they will not pay you for your hours away over a weekend nor a return ticket.
Pros
They always have available jobs becouse they have a high turn over
Cons
THeir project managers run wild and the entire company if frought with politicts.
Good company to work for
Construction Manager (Former Employee) –  Waynesburg PaMarch 26, 2014
I helped train an engineering electrical designer and had some good times working with this company. We worked (6) 12hour days to complete the work for Spectra Energy and some Sundays when we got behind schedule. Management let us run our own show and our client was located in Durango Colorado.
Pros
Most company meetings were available on teleconferences
Cons
Minimum supply houses for materials for contractors to purchase
Great company to work for and excellent coworkers
Pipeline Inspector (Former Employee) –  LANovember 5, 2013
Enjoyed the work I performed for this company. Excellent learning experiences.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
did not provide health care for myself or my family
Family run business
Manager of Business Development (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LANovember 2, 2013
A good place to work, with procedures in place to be successful, and I learned to manage time to include requirements for internal procedures with job requirements. Management has highest integrity and character; co-workers are friendly. Job is somewhat stressful due to 2 major projects were put on hold and owners want immediate opportunities in a market where the company has had little presence. The best part of the job is going out to industrial facilities, where my contacts are and discussing upcoming projects and working toward getting the opportunity to propose on the ones that are a good fit for our company.
Pros
Strong ethics and leadership
Cons
Benefits and internal procedures
Tell us about
Designer (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LASeptember 18, 2012
A typical day for me would be, review what I was doing the day or week before. Plan my day accordly and then get with those to coordinate work, accomplish a goal or task, through my set schedule, produce quality work and make the client happy,

Excellent, hardworking well spoken employees that were enjoyable to be around and grow with.

Most enjoyable were the employee and the relaxed atmosphere
Pros
fexible work hours, relaxed atmosphere
Cons
growing to be an organized enity but still alot of work to do

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunt, Guillot & Associates, LLC. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about