Hunt Companies Employee Reviews

Poor management and poor communication
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Hampton-VAJune 19, 2019
Management has very poor communication! They tell you can’t leave the job site until your job is completed so if it you have family obligations they don’t care. The maintenance supervisor talks about employees to everyone. Too many meetings. The head maintenance guy makes racial jokes. Never any positivity.
Upper management doesn’t care about site levels
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  ArkansasMay 1, 2019
Upper management does not care about site level employees. Also they don’t listen to both sides of a story. Need to be like to grow with the company. It’s not based on work performance.
Pros
Paid leave for 12 weeks when you have a baby
Cons
Senior DO with bad attitudes
Too stresfull. Signed contrac. You have to work until finnished with job.
Hvac. Tech (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVApril 30, 2019
Your required to work. Overtime. And on call weekly
The company uses old parts on repairing military. Houses. Also used the cheapest. Parts. For example. Water heaters. Would split and shot water into the home flooding. Everything
Pros
1 hr lunch
Cons
To much work
Slum lord with government as renter
Maintenance Supervisor (Former Employee) –  East Sound Lake Stevens waMarch 13, 2019
Was underpaid 4 times in 3 months. Managers had no business sense. Made a family live in a black mold infested home for a year. Left and they refused to pay money owed. You pay for benefits. Worst company I have worked for in 25 years.
Pros
vacation days
Cons
managers, did not manage properties well
worst place ever
Resident Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILFebruary 10, 2019
RUN! dont walk, not woth the money......they don't promote within. hire unqualified people just because husband or wife and in my case daddy was a big shot on base just don't work there save your self.
Pros
paycheck
Cons
everything else.....
The residents were the best part of the job
Maintenance Technician II (Current Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMJanuary 9, 2019
The maintenance director was is a very difficult person he harasses all employees he lies and he doesn't remember what he tells you. If i can save anyone a head ach and time don't do it but if you want to what can i say good luck
Pros
Meet people from all over
Cons
Management is twisted
Where I work we have a good environment
Technician (Current Employee) –  NortheastDecember 25, 2018
We speak with supervisor go through work orders and start.
I learned almost everything about maintaining rental property.
Management is good and is a family environment.
Great culture to learn and progress your career
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Argyle, NYDecember 3, 2018
My time at Hunt Companies gave me the knowledge and confidence to learn and want to do anything and everything; Seemingly, the work ethic was positive in a get it done manner in which how long it took didn’t matter as long as it got done and correctly.
After my experience at HCI, I’m much more equipped to learn and take on anything presented. before me!
Pros
Tight family culture, CEO’s door always open
Cons
N/a
Good starter job... steady paycheck.
Leasing Specialist, Ohana Military Communities (Former Employee) –  O'ahu, HIAugust 2, 2018
A typical day at work starts with a lot of answering phones. There's a lot they don't train you on and you're expected to know a lot going in. Management is wishy-washy and not supportive of employees, even when you are doing what's right and LEGAL. Benefits are okay. You can get a lot of time off, but they will make it very difficult for you to use any of it, causing you to lose it. As a lot of the year is considered "peak season", everything you want to do is questioned. Management has no respect for people who have stayed during the tough times and choose to hire from the outside versus encouraging growth and promoting from within. It is very discouraging to work for a place that could easily replace you, and they make you know this, yet they expect you to give 200% and will burn you out.
Pros
Steady paycheck, good benefits
Cons
Hr, Pay is low compared to other areas, Management, using those benefits
Management not managing
QUALITY ASSURANCE SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Honolulu, HIAugust 1, 2018
They compensate well and have great benefits. However, support from management was quite the challenge. It seemed as if we were being micro managed. It's difficult to do your work when you have different people and departments telling you how to do your job.
Benefits
Cons
No management support
A Growing Company in Transition
Assistant Maintenance Director/Com Coordinator/ (Former Employee) –  Warner Robins, GAJuly 26, 2018
Hunt is a Company that was in the process of learning what they wanted to become. I really wish they had an opportunity for me to move up and grow. I can't wait to see what the company becomes.
Fast paced, well organized.
Resident Services Specialist (Former Employee) –  Scott AFB, ILJune 27, 2018
There is a lot to learn in a very short amount of time. Military housing is very rewarding. Serving our military personnel feels great. Management is very clear with expectations, which were always set high. Rewarding to work as a team to accomplish the goals that were set in front of us. Very collaborative work environment. The managers gave a lot of feedback, so there was not a question whether you were doing your job properly. Loved working there.
Pros
Clear expectations and plenty of training and feedback.
Cons
Hard to advance.
secretary for construction and housing company company
Secretary (Former Employee) –  Hanscom AFB, MAJune 14, 2018
I would review work projects that where scheduled for development, do payroll and coordinate maintenance for existing houses for HUNT housing companies; a contract business for building military houses.
Pros
people
Cons
long days
Very fast paced place to work
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Great Lakes, ILFebruary 15, 2018
Had lots of work orders each day, sometimes to many. Always had parts to make repairs. Residents were good to work with. Got great vacation time. Sometimes it felt like management did not care how much work you had to do.
Pros
Great vacation time
Cons
Bad management
job is stressfull at times
Resident Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Chester, VAJanuary 3, 2018
a typical day is stressful at times, especially between May and September .
working on base with soldiers is different than working in the economy .
very little leave and sick leave
Pros
free coffee, tee, etc
Cons
uniform
Nothing negative to say
Community Manager (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMDecember 29, 2017
Treated employees and residents fairly. Training was as needed. Pay was good. The Corporate staff was innovative and kept clear lines of communication open.
This is a great place to work i learned alot
Maintenance Technician (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCDecember 21, 2017
I loved this job you meet great people that serv this country and the work isn't too hard as long as you know what to do and how to do it but your skills need to be sharp
Pros
The enviroment
Cons
The pace
Good comradery, people had your back.
VICE PRESIDENT (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXNovember 2, 2017
I really enjoyed working for Hunt, was very disappointed when they merged with Moss & Associates and transferred the building department to Moss. I had hopped to retire there.
Pros
President of Construction was the best person I've ever worked for.
Cons
Merger, third generation departed from first and second core business
Company has potential for growth
Resident Service Specialist (Current Employee) –  Jacksonville, ARAugust 11, 2017
As this company is moving forward as a new company, I feel there can be great things to occur. I have enjoyed working along side my team in this high energy and fast paced culture. I feel the lack of training in all levels wounds the body a bit. The most enjoyable things have been the people. MY RESIDENTS. I loved being an RSS because it allowed me to help people. I love to help people problem solve and this work experience allowed me to do that on so many different levels.
Pros
Helping people
Cons
lack of training in areas where policies should be enforced
Very professional environment
Human Resources (Former Employee) –  El Paso, TXAugust 10, 2017
A great company to work for, never a dull moment but gives great experience. This is a very professional place and they provide great flexibility on your schedule.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunt Companies. Our community is ready to answer.