Hunter Douglas
Happiness rating is 60 out of 100

Hunter Douglas Employee Reviews

They won’t hire people so your forced to work overtime an a lot of weekends more often than not. There’s no advancing in certain positions, most certainly a dead end job. Only thing good is the insurance.
Pros
Good family Insurance
Cons
In my short 6 years of work experience I've never seen an employer treat and speak to employees with this kind of disrespect. Other than that the job isn't bad and most of the coworkers are easy going. Management is beyond ridiculous in this factory if you're not considered a favorite.
Pros
Insurance
Cons
Management personal
Hunter Douglas' roots as a small start-up are hardly visible, as acquisitions, growth and consolidations have spawned large operations distributed globally.Factories, laboratories and office facilities are all top notch. The company reacts quickly and conservatively during times of change, which means job security is not always super-high. On the other hand, this company does have many 40 year "lifers".Overall, being able to interact socially both at and after work is important. Fitting in to the office culture and getting along with mutual respect is valued, as is workplace diversity.
Pros
Company has financial resources and treats employees fairly
Cons
Growth and development within the organization can be slow
Strong structure and entrepreneurial in thinking. Needs to be open to management ideas outside of those who are already there. My manager was supportive.
Hunter Douglas provides a great work life balance. With proper notice there is usually no issues with taking time off. The pay is above average. The work environment is positive and not strenuous at all. Management is very supportive.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
I was brought into the H.D. family via an acquisition of another corporation. It's been the best move for me and my career. Better benefits and work life balance.
Pros
Work from home
Cons
Great to work for. Training is the best, fun atmosphere. Safety is priority. Company cares about job and home life and balance. HR department great, always listens to concerns. Everyone helpful. Always feels like family.
Pros
Insurance, 401k, Pto, on job training
Cons
Some managemwnt
Only thing good about this place is the benefits. They don’t appreciate the work put in, supervisors micromanage, work load isn’t worth what they pay.
Benefits
Cons
Everything else
It was a good place to work when I started but it started to go downhill with new management. The hours are good but strictly enforced. Some days you don't have much to do and they expect you to find things to do and make production anyway even though you aren't compensated for meeting production.
Absolutely the worst place to work. I'm not sure where to even start. Management is awful if you are a good worker, you are pushed to your maximum limit.while other employees are literally sitting on there table, playing on their phone or completely walking away from their station to hang out with other workers. When I told managers I was burnt out and could really use help from those doing nothing I got the response "that's what we do work the good workers to make up for the bad ones" I have offten seen my manager in particular shopping on amazon while complaining we dont hit our numbers. Working 40 hours would be great however what they dont tell you is overtime is mandatory. You work monday- friday 10 hours then Saturday 8 hours. Meaning you get one day off to recover from the stress and workload that place brings. There are also massive amounts of substance abuse from employees and managers but to make things better about every 5 or 6 Saturdays you get free pizza. The managers lack manners, responsibilities, and basic human decency. The employees lack work ethic. The pay is okay but no room for advancement. Most other factory's in the area offer a .50 raise every 6 months while another pays $24 an hour after 2 years. Another factory in the are offers a .50 raise every 6 months and a $1 raise every 6 months after your first year. My honest advice find another career before this place drain you emotionally, physically, and mentally.
Pros
2 slices of pizza
Cons
Practice of appointing and otherwise favoring people. It was not a racially diverse company and it was not subtle is the best way to describe the culture at that time.
Pros
Good benefits. healthcare was the best
Cons
Very political
Expectation of work was clear, the department worked well together, supervisor was available for questions, hours were as stated during interview. Would work for company again.
Good pay, lots of overtime, easy job as long as a coworker trained you for it. But lately the company has been hiring too many NON English-speaking workers who have no command of the English language; this language gap is a nightmare! I struggled to understand what they say because their accents are so thick it's annoying having to ask them to repeat themselves slowly. It's mind-boggling how a corporate company could hire dozens of non English-speaking workers every few days.Bring your own lunch AND your own instant coffee, the vending machine food is Expensive and they have no coffee in the break room.
Cons
Language gap
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Hunter Douglas is terrible. Or good for those who have no life.Pay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Hunter Douglas are good.Job security and advancementIn terms of job security at Hunter Douglas, you work until the work runs out to get laid off.ManagementIn general, managers at Hunter Douglas are lazy.CultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Hunter Douglas is the best part about working there.OverallMy experience working at Hunter Douglas is that the company doesn't care about their employees only the numbers they get out of them.
Typical work day was mostly busy and challenging at times. I learned how to be part of a team and customer service skills. Hardest part of the job was when some routes would get exstremly heavy at times. We where always willing to help each other as fellow employees to complete our daily deliveries each day. The best part of the job I liked was after getting loaded up for the day getting out on the route and delivering customers orders. Customers where always happy to receive there orders.
Pros
Good compamy equipment, uniforms provided and gift cards. Health care
Cons
Orders sometimes would come incomplete our later than promised
They have good pay and great benefits. The main thing I wanted to work here is because it was only 4 day work weeks and now because the upper management can't figure out how to get the work out or hire people that stick around more than a day. We now have to work every single Friday and if you want a Friday off you have to ask well in advance. I dont want to be working 50 hours a week for my entire life. My happiness and spending time with family is more important than a little overtime.
Pros
Good benefits, high pay
Cons
Too much overtime
It’s like working in a high school. Some supervisors are the biggest gossips. Some are decent. Good pay but you are definitely working for it. Definitely have some favoritism in some areas. Just go in and keep your head down and you should be fine. Don’t step on any of the bosses pets toes!!
Pros
Pay
Cons
Poor management, too much drama
They run the whole place like a democracy. The management doesn’t care if you even get hurt they still want you to work while bleeding all over the product! The employees are rude and it’s very hard to want to even work there because everyone is just so rude.
Pros
Over time
Cons
Breaks, staff, environment
Work-life balanceWork-life balance at Hunter Douglas is greatPay & benefitsMy pay and benefits at Hunter Douglas are greatJob security and advancementIn terms of job security at Hunter Douglas, I think greatManagementIn general, managers at Hunter Douglas greatCultureCollaboration with my colleagues at Hunter Douglas is greatOverallMy experience working at Hunter Douglas great
their handling of covid pademic was just awful. they lied on their business type to stay open{ saying they were construction when realy there decor window blinds} and avoid getting in trouble with essental business laws then lied to there own employees saying there wouldnt be layoffs jsut to get rid of 60 people in less than a week for no reason,A few were my freinds. if a place was really essential there wouldnt have been any call in laying off that many people but they made sure to cover there hides on the severnce papers to keep from getting sued which tells me they knew what they were doing was wrong and by god they kept all there favorite and lap dogs!
Pros
made some friends
Cons
bosses are childish play favorism and there liars!
Very unorganized and you feel the desperation of management to push orders to the customers over quality no matter what it takes. The hr staff is very unorganized during this time of covid 19 problem. I have seen a employee have the virus in my direct workplace and we were not told anything from management due to fear of slowing down orders. If anything does consist of hr of Hunter Douglas to make a thorough investigation then you have only there outcome immediately over finding the absolute truth. This is a company making a very high dollar product that is doing a poor job of keeping up with quality and dilivery. So building new company's in Mexico now as we speak is there way of growing. Running from virus setbacks and poor management. No made in the USA on there box. Thank you.
Pros
Decent pay scale
Cons
Average employee last 4 months of hire
  1. Employee Reviews