Hunter Douglas
60Average

Hunter Douglas Employee Reviews

United States271 reviews
Behind the times
For a company that has been in business for nearly 100 years, you would think that they would or at least would embrace industry standard practices or employee state of the art systems to meet the demand of the dealers. Sadly while a system upgrade was just completed, it turned out too be wrought with issues that is causing several large dealers to take their business elsewhere.
Cons
slow, outdated methodologies, and mgt that refuses to move into a Future State
Don't stay too long
Once you have some longevity and are on the higher end of the pay scale, they may terminate you in favor of lower paid co-workers. They value the dollar, not the competency.
Cut
Seniority don’t mean anything they cut 22 people because they said sales dropped and was one of them they just hired people right before they made cuts absolutely made no sense and they fired all high seniority operators on days and all low seniority people kept there job
Fired
Let me go for no reason! Said they got rid of my position. I been there alot of years. There was new people that got hired on. They still have a job. I could of done a better job then most. I knew everything there was to know about this place. This company is all I knew. I loved my crew. The manager and the people that work in the front acted like I was nothing to them. It really hurts!
Fast paced and quick learning curve
Good reliable place to work. Consistent hours and a good schedule with two shifts. Demand is high and expectations are higher. Management is just like any other corporate management team.
Leave a review. Help people like you.
Treats Employees Well
Can be a demanding place to work but treats employees very well. Company provides lunches and events periodically which helps morale, but overall the leadership fosters a friendly place to work.
Good job for some one who has no skills in the work force
Good job for common sense work managers are not around all the time and easy to get the hang of it. If you work in the warehouse all you do all day is slowly go around the whole warehouse picking huge 50-100 pound rolls some 200 to 300 pounds. Once you pick them you put them on the cart to take back to the bins to put them in and thats pretty much it
Not a fun workplace
No comments at this time about this company. I have extensive experience with supply chain and distribution and seeking to use my knowledge for a new company.
fun productive work place
it was a great job full of excitement and learning and I also became skiiled in box making and building speed and knowledge of operating orders and computer technology
100 por ciento
Producción en crecimiento a diario, gran desempeño por ser mejor compañía
I love the work place.
I loved it since it’s a good place to work in since I learned a lot. I learned things for my future house and know what do to all around my house to build. I did documents of their accounts and have the opportunity to know more about the blinds. I really liked the way they treated me and my boss was great. I really miss working there.
Lots of opportunity to shape the culture
The West Sacramento facility at Hunter Douglas has a phenomenal work culture built on teamwork and transparency. I love the camaraderie and energy around being the best. The HR staff are incredibly friendly, helpful, and fair. The downside is the corporate leadership that tries to make implementations from afar that do not translate well to the West Sac culture.
Corporate America
Good company to work for. Dress codes, start times, and more forms than I thought possible are standard. Many different career paths to choose from make this a great place to start a career.
Very easy place to work as long as you show up and do your job you should keep it
I really enjoyed my job Who is an easy job mostly sitting around and putting together pieces for many blinds. The bosses are very nice and you get a lot of time to get it right there's no pressure just expected to do your job the best you can. There's many people to work with .
Productive and Buisness Oriented
You get to work with cross-functional groups. If you are extraverted, you will be able to create a difference in the culture/product. There is plenty of opportunity to learn and to create.
internal restructurei
I haven't learned a lot on this job besides the product info. I have learned the majority on my own. They currently hire new people at a higher rate of pay then the people already working there and have us train them.
Blind assembeler
Working at hunter douglas was fun.. Also it has great pay and benifits.. Also it is fairly close to cumberland Md. So travel was also easy.. Hunter douglas is a great job to have.
First class management. Employee friendly workload. World class facility's
The general manager is always on the shop floor staying in touch with his employees. Organized inventory system, state of the art equipment, low turnover, world class facility that is clean and extremely organized. Production planning and orders are woven together like a symphony with the mystro leading each section and the end result would give Mozart goosebumps.
Pros
Cons
I can think of none
Good places to work for
I’m just thank god that the company had Faith in me with my experience I had that they gave me a opportunity to join their team
A lot of Communication first thing we do have a team meeting every morning before getting started everyone does Stretch exercise

Everyone cleans up at the same time safety first
Interesting experience
The role I applied for and got, was very interesting. It taught me some new reporting ideologies and new programs to use. However, this was changed shortly after I started to more of a support role.
Productive and nice place to work
Very productive and nice place to work great work environment, great office staff, great management and all over a great place to work. I would definitely recommend.
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunter Douglas. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hunter Douglas.