Hunter Douglas Employee Reviews

Only Good Pay
Puller (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDAugust 21, 2018
Most of management or supervisors suck. Team leads do nothing but complain. Long hours short breaks. Constant punishment even when doing well. Hires many new people even when work is not there for current employees. Can not keep track of their own records and will not look into hours even though they admit they could be seriously wrong. No job security. No career advancement. People there for years have less chance to jobs than people who kiss up. Overall terrible place to work for a career or person with a family. Nice employees but can be a lot of drama. Pay can be great. Can wear whatever you are comfortable in.
Pros
Other employees, good pay, and no dress code
Cons
Everything else
Not a good place to work.
Warranty Repair Specialist (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAAugust 18, 2018
I worked for Hunter Douglas for 2.5 years. Unfortunately this is not a good place to be. Management is very unprofessional. They require you to complete more work then humanly possible.This is a very small office with a lot of drama.

If you would like to be babysat like a child and disrespected, this is the place for you.You have to log every second of your day. Depending on who you answer to, this could include restroom breaks.

Pay is okay but not enough for the duties required. Benefits are decent.

The job itself isn't bad. Management needs to be re-vamped and this would be a good company to work for.
Terrible management! Don’t work here!
Parts Puller (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTAugust 7, 2018
The management team is terrible no one was in the loop. You weren’t allowed to even speak to your coworkers because they were so demanding with numbers. My manager was ageist against me and a few other of the younger people who worked there. Telling me that I should come in when I have the flu because I’m young and I should be able to handle it. But when one of the older people were sick she would treat them like babies. I was one of the hardest workers they had and was promised a 75 cent raise but never got it because they kept putting it off. This is not a place you want to work.
Pros
Good retirement plan
Cons
Everything else
Productive Nice place and team to work with
EDI Analyst (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 6, 2018
Worked in EDI GXS BizManager/ AI Mapper / SAP Platform
Close interaction with Teams and Management as well.
Flexibility of working both onsite and remote.
PC/LAN System Administrator-Building (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COAugust 3, 2018
Good place to work, good people, good bosses, pay was decent, benefits were good and there were very few meetings unless it was absolutely needed. I would recommend Hunter Douglas as a good place to work.
Pros
Good Benefits and good people
Cons
Na
Very large and strong corporation to be proud to have worked for.
Customer Service Representative / Research Analyst (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 24, 2018
M&B/Hunter Douglas was one of the biggest companies I worked for and learn from. I would love to have the opportunity to work for them again if given the chance.
Pros
Lost of lunches and product discounts
Cons
Small office for such a powerful corporation. Horrible location.
Ok. A bit juvenile and lots of gossiping co-workers.
Molding (Current Employee) –  Owensboro, KYJuly 19, 2018
Ok job. Not much room for improvement in moving up the job ladder. Lots of gossiping and a little bit of "In the closet racism " From a certain little click but not going to be specific. For the most part the people there are decent and nice. The resin department are rude and have bad potty mouths. The rest of the departments are not bad.
Pros
8 hour shifts. Ok people if you can ignore the gossipers.
Cons
No competitive wages. Most other Factories start off more than we top out
Do not work at this place
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJuly 18, 2018
I work at this company for 17 years.a lot of wrong doing goes on in there. A lot of backstabbing. People messing up. People not working. I been there along time and they hire people off the street making as much as I do.
Managemant
Rail Cutter/ Trainer (Former Employee) –  Bessemer City, NCJuly 11, 2018
Management was cool they understood my work ethic was strong when preforming a task. They allowed me my space to work because they knew my work would be done.
Pros
mangaement
Cons
Point system
Great experience
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJuly 7, 2018
It was my first real job and made me realize there is no real way to prepare for a job other than just getting out into the workplace. I started off an assembler and got cross trained into other areas.
Pros
Paid days off and overtime
long hours with not much benefits
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Cumberland, MDJune 19, 2018
The work environment is the worst part about Hunter Douglas don't expect to keep anything private reminds me of high school but its a bunch of grown men/ women besides that the work isn't hard just repetitive
Pros
understanding management
Cons
two 20 min breaks for the 10 hours that you work and the quality of the people
Good, stable job with good benefits
Level 3 Manufacturing Technician/Shift Lead (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COJune 1, 2018
Hunter Douglas provides a structured job environment. They provide a lot of benefits that employees are encouraged to use. Mandatory overtime is sometimes required. Workplace culture depends on the department you are in.
Secure employment with some advance opportunity.
TEAM LEAD (Current Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTMay 29, 2018
Work is pretty standard for manufacturing. At the beginning of the day and after lunch there is time for a shop meeting and ergonomic stretching.

I was given constant opportunity to cross train within the shop and learn numerous skills of the manufacturing process. As well as getting to attend a number of manufacturing trainings.

Management is wiling to listen to most ideas for improvement, and consider the most plausible options. They do a decent job of relaying information back to employees.

Workplace culture could use some work. There doesn't seem to be a huge initiative to work with employees who don't care about things like good housekeeping or area/process improvements and sustaining them. Most of that gets loaded onto the few employees who are willing to do it. Music is not allowed, which could vastly improve the mood and motivation of employees.

The hardest part of the job is the long term monotony. When opportunities to advance and move around happen, it's not much of an issue, but staying more than a year or two in a single position leads to a lack of focus and difficulty staying motivated.

The most enjoyable part of the job is when the whole shop is in sync, and running smoothly. You're never too overwhelmed with work, and you never run out. When you have a good rhythm in the shop you can just keep working and time goes by quicker.
Pros
Yearly raises, regardless of position.
Cons
Few opportunities for advancement.
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMay 18, 2018
Hunter Douglas was a good place to work. The pay was good and adequate for the work you were doing. Advancement was not a really something that was available as much as I would have liked. Overall the just was fairly decent and I would recommend it to others.
Hunter
Manager, Research & Development (Current Employee) –  Atlanta, GAMay 13, 2018
Ok company to work for. Hunter purchased the company from Newell Rubbermaid and has since made alot of changes. There has been significant risks associated with NPD launches
Productive & Learning environment
Project Management Specialist (Former Employee) –  Norcross, GAMay 13, 2018
Employer, focused on communicating key-performance and efficiency objectives and results was Top-Priority, weekly; across all production / fabrication departments.
Pros
Monthly, luncheon all employees to review current status, projects in pipeline and %Complete in-process
Cons
Cross-functional teams were not held to the same, similar standards as required to be maintained by all production personnel.
Not a fun place to work
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMay 11, 2018
I have worked for this company for 13 years and it is not an enjoyable place to work.
The turn over is high.
The pressure for the management is high.
They are always micromanaging the employees.
There’s is a lot of drama in the office.
Everyone is looking for new jobs.
They do not care about their employees.
Pros
The people
Cons
Micro managing, Management
Newly hired mgt team took a 'our way or the highway' approach and did not respect SMEs.
Division Packaging Engineer (Former Employee) –  West Sacramento, CAMay 3, 2018
VP of Engineering (FAB Div) came in with a hard approach toward people that turned many off. People left as a direct result and then there were layoffs. Not a pleasant working environment, everyone felt the pressure to perform or be fired.
Pros
first 3 years under a respectful mgt team that allowed you to do your job
Cons
last yr under a disrespected mgt team, questioning your every move, very constraining, limited creativity
n/a
Production Shift Lead (Current Employee) –  Gastonia, NCApril 24, 2018
highly stressful, poor management, pay is horrible and they like to over work their people. The job I do is pretty easy, when we have the work to do.I don't have an enjoyable part of my job anymore .
All business and lots of room to grow
Printing Team Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Broomfield, COApril 24, 2018
Very fast pace and constantly changing form one product to the next. Starting the shift with some stretching, briefing the group on task for the day. Management have high expectation and show positive support.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunter Douglas. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about