Hunter Douglas

Hunter Douglas Employee Reviews

United States323 reviews

hunterbenefitblindhdemployeecustomhourco-worker

work is clear and plain

place was fine until covid hit demanded that we started working 6 days a week instead of 4 10s other than that it was fine but they didnt seem to care about personal life covid hit their California location and instead of dividing work from there to all their other wearhouses they decided to send it all to the Salt Lake location

Pros

got paid

Cons

what youd expect from a wharehouse

bad management

fired for no reason! said i was leaving early didnt show one day when i had solid proof none of that was true, fired for no reason would not recommend to anyone

It’s a job

It’s a job. It’s better than nothing. A normal week is 50 hours Monday through Friday but they sometimes try for Saturday. Pay is pretty decent for most positions but some are really underpaid for the work that they do. The pay is done by grades 1-5. Long weeks and a too short weekend. Sometimes you don’t know if your working on Friday until Thursday but sometimes you’ll know on Monday.

Just a job.

I worked here for about 10 months. Over the course of that time I still had not learned hardly anyone's name. Co-workers weren't unfriendly but everyone was there to do their job and go home. Everyone complained about the same problems that never got fixed: Not enough breaktime, management kind of looks down on you and will not take anyone's ideas or suggestions because we were hourly workers, the maintenance guys are rude (I was cussed out by one of them when I had said they did one little thing wrong, being very polite.) People with seniority goof off and don't do nearly as much work as other employees and they happen to also be management's favorites. I had actually seen someone sleeping on one of our production tables while we were supposed to be working. I was also told that the job i was doing was a 1 and a half person job because there were so many extra tasks. I had help for a little while and they took my co-worker away and pretty much said "Deal with the extra work). You get maybe a day of training if you're lucky then get to hear "You did this wrong" for months because of lack of training and caring in general. We had just gotten a 2nd shift for our department and it literally seemed like they kept setting us up to fail when we came in every morning (Doing 3/20 jobs in the department and got us super behind on everything else). It got to the point where I wasn't happy with the job and wanted to walk out almost every day. There was too much stress working here in my opinion.

Forget having a life after getting hired

They work you like a dog with usually only one day off. Management sucks most of them have no idea what they are doing. They make working 15-20 hours of overtime a week mandatory. You will have no life

No te valoran como empleado

Es extremadamente estresante trabajar allí , no lo recomiendo mucho chisme y tú palabra no es creíble

Unwanted window products they give to the employees.

The management may have changed, but then they were very fair to the employees, your boss recognized you for your work done, and also willing to help in any way possible.

Terrible work environment

Entire company is clique based and if you’re not a part of it you’re not going to enjoy it. They also force you to work 6 days a week and don’t tell you that in the interview. Overtime is not optional at hunter Douglas, so be prepared to have no life once you start.

Pros

Night shift

Cons

Forced ot, feels like high school with a bunch of 50 year olds

Bien ambiente de trabajo horario excelente

Lo que no me gusto fue el pago muy poco para todo el trabajo que se tiene que hacer sería un buen trabajo con un pago más justo

Pros

Todos los beneficios

Cons

Baja la paga

They do offer good incentive s

Its not a bad company to work for. They just expect you to work 60 hours a week and still run a household and get rest. You must put this company 1st.

Pros

They offer meals quite often

Cons

No compassion for sick children or your home life

Needs better management

Needs better management not organized never know what is going on. Never know if going to actually work or get sent home. Not really any structure to the place

Terrible management

The people are fine pleasent helpfull .but the management is utter garbage .assembly leader needs to get a inspection.other leaders will hound u if u are not in your seat at time on the dot but will vanish for ^lunch^ for 45 minutes plus.and stories will be made up about anything u do or supposedly do.

Pros

People

Cons

Insane management

3rd shift worker. Not bad

Good hours. Good pay. overtime is given if needed. benfits are good. You choose how much money you want to make weekly. not to bad a place to work for.

Pros

good benefits

Cons

low PTO time

Not best for entry level positions

Repetitive work, bad location, not the best work life balance, low paying, limited opportunities for growth.I cannot recommend Hunter Douglas if your want to start from the bottom and work your way up

Pros

Ok benefits

Cons

Not competitive pay

Good job/ Favortism

It was a good place to work. Just had to ignore the favoritism. My team was fun and my direct lead was pretty great. Lunch break was hard if you didnt bring food you barley had enough time to leave eat and get back on time.

Pros

Short lunch breaks

Focused and Fun

Hunter Douglas is a great place to work. They gave me all the tools and support I needed to achieve my goals. They have a culture of professionalism with some fun sprinkled in. I enjoyed all of my time here.

Pros

Communication, Development

Pays well, period. That was the only benefit working there

No leadership, people with seniority goofed off a lot, never told what’s going on. Never told about anything good you’re doing just the mistakes. Nice snack store. Very short breaks. Orientation doesn’t explain a lot about the company’s point system. Read it carefully they like to get you with that .

Pros

Pays well for the area

Cons

Lots of reason not to work there. You’ll have to decide yourself should You choose to work there

High demanding job with low pay

I decided to work at HD for a more work balance lifestyle. It is currently helping in that aspect of like but I don't see myself here in the long run. Management is very picky on when you clock out for lunch, break, etc. For example if you clock out late for work your dinged a point. They won't allow you to get off the phones a few minutes early. You can literally get a call the last 3 minutes of your shift and must stay on the phone until the call is over. And remind you, if they ask why you clocked out late you have to explain that you receive a call so they can "excuse" it. Same for breaks and lunches they don't want you in any other call mode that's not active to receive calls unless your scheduled to do so. The calls can be a few minutes to almost an hour depend on the dealer you're dealing with! And don't get me started on the dealers. They're verbally abusive and get away with being aggressive and majority of the time it's their fault as to why they're mad! They're pay is minimum wage even if you have years of experience. The job is very demanding and unnecessarily stressful. Oh, and one more thing. You only get a "pay" raise based on how your calls go. Unless you absolutely need a job or if you truly enjoy dealing with mad client on the phone, it's not worth it!!!

Pros

Set schedule

Cons

30min lunch, strict "adherence", poor pay, poor communication

Long hours, poor management

The work environment is stressful. Unorganized and management is poor. High turnover. Lots of opportunities to injure yourself. Lots of mandatory overtime. They will tell you that you work ten hour days so that you have three days off but require you to work one or two of your days off. So they lie to you when they hire you. Warehouse has fans so it's cooler than most warehouses. Dress is casual.

Pros

Pay is decent for this area.

Cons

Stressful work environment.

Horrible place to work long term

This is an in between job at best. They treat their employees horribly and will walk you out at the drop of a hat. You can do better, avoid this place.

Completely disrespectful management

In my short 6 years of work experience I've never seen an employer treat and speak to employees with this kind of disrespect. Other than that the job isn't bad and most of the coworkers are easy going. Management is beyond ridiculous in this factory if you're not considered a favorite.

Pros

Insurance

Cons

Management personal

Common questions about Hunter Douglas

Answered by current and former employees at Hunter Douglas

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunter Douglas. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.6 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

0%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

0%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss