Hunter Engineering Inc. Employee Reviews

Industry Leader
Manufacturer's Representative (Current Employee) –  San Diego, CAFebruary 6, 2019
Hunter Engineering is the industry leader in Wheel Service Technology and Equipment. Around since the 40s, hunter Engineering has continued to be a staple in almost ever shop.
Pros
Flexible hours
Cons
Unrealistic Sales Quotas based on previous representatives organization.
N/a
Shipping Clerk/ Assembler (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSFebruary 6, 2019
Hunter was a decent place to I have no negative feedback on hunter I would recommend them to other people looking for employment . Something's may need a little improvement but what job doesn't
Stay away
Manufacturer's Representative (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 24, 2019
If you are looking at becoming an Independent Contractor with Hunter Engineering, please do diligent research. Do not rely on the hiring manager for information. They will say and do whatever they have to in order to fill an open position, much the same as a used car salesman is trying to sell you his junk on the lot. Open territories are open for a reason, they are not viable. Do not be fooled by this company.

Hunter is a proud company and advertises $95K - $120K as a compensation range, the reality, net of expenses, is an average of $50K - $60K -- after the first year. The most likely scenario for the first year is somewhere near $0 net of expenses. If you are NOT the bread winner, or are looking for something to fill your time, then this may work for you. This is not a career. Do yourself a favor and find a real job.
Pros
Independence
Cons
Compensation
A great place to work
Independent Contractor (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 7, 2019
ran service calls or sometimes we did installations whenever customer purchased new equipment. installs were the hardest part of the job, they were very labor intensive, but actually my favorite, I'm not scared of hard labor.
no guidance
Outside Sales Rep (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 2, 2019
I took the job because I had worked with many of the sales guys on the sales force, however, as I began my career with them the manager never instilled any motivation or training to accomplish my goals
hated it
Mechanical Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MONovember 15, 2018
Worked at Hunter as a ME intern. Generally didn't receive tasks to do. Culture was very boring and not diverse or inclusive at all. My manager was too busy to manage me and did not care about my role or development at all.
Alright place to work
Forklift Driver (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSNovember 5, 2018
A very busy company in which you can learn a lot. The management is ok but could be better.The work place culture is cool. The hardest part of the job is being wore down once you get off.
Great hospitality
Circuit Board Inspector (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSOctober 9, 2018
its a Great company to work for, the work is exciting to learn. Its amazing how so many jobs are in the plant and how different jobs complete a job. Great company
IE Co-op | Engineering Manager (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSOctober 5, 2018
Very good engineering department with a very knowledgeable manager and staff. Working on fun and interesting electro-mechanical projects. Expected to have self motivation to progress projects.
Great place to work, family atmosphere
Electronics Department (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSSeptember 29, 2018
I love working at Hunter Engineering. The company has been good to me and my family. Many training pportunities are available to those who qualify and are willing to grow. The company is very generous to it’s Employees and they’re often surprising us with unexpected gestures of appreciation.
Pros
Great pay and environment
Cons
I can’t think of any
Productive and a lot of room for learning
PREP GROUP LEADER (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSAugust 31, 2018
A typical day consists of checking employee work through out the day and helping them when they are unsure of what steps to take when building product.
Pros
early days (come to work early, leave early)
Cons
short break
Huge learning opportunity due to small company size
Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSAugust 21, 2018
As a co-op here, I got to design production jigs and carts, then learn how to weld and fabricate them myself. I learned how to code a CNC machine, write work instructions, conduct time studies, and a million other things. If you have the drive to learn and achieve, your potential as a co-op here is limitless.
Pros
Very relaxed, great staff and management, plenty to learn
Cons
Small company means little opportunity to advance
Civil Engineering Technician (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZAugust 19, 2018
Inconsistent, one minute there's too much work next minute not enough work leading to staff reductions. Understandable in a bad economy but not in a good economy
benefits
Cons
satellite office never kept aware of actions by the home office
Small company with lots of good people
Quality Engineer (Former Employee) –  Durant, MSJuly 19, 2018
Small company where you are able to learn a lot, and allows it's employees to have a large amount of autonomy and influence. Product is top of it's class. Only downside is it's in the middle of nowhere and pay is below average.
You work
Machine Operator/stockroom (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSJuly 8, 2018
Different experience compared to other places I have worked.i have enjoyed working here although there is lots of drama,lots of unfair things that goes on.lazy employees getting promoted that didn’t earn it.really don’t see the need for a night shift because they work with day shift such as hot jobs-or challenging job. Only wanting to do the easy stuff and it’s ok with management always an excuse to why this or that wasn’t done then the responsibility is dumped on someone else.
Pros
It is a growing company
Cons
Stressful
Sales oriented with product innovation
Sales (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJune 25, 2018
Good company that makes the best product for the automotive industry. Minimal competition in most markets. Always innovating with a new product. Most recognizable name in the industry. All Sales and Service are independent contractors.
Pros
Great for work life balance and income when business are investing, Income is driven by the efforts of the representative and local economies, No Caps on commissions
Cons
Frequent territory cuts to make more territories, Have made it hard to develop relationships with customers, Too many managers not enough leaders
do not apply here
Machinist Union (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJune 18, 2018
most hostile poorly managed company ive ever worked for.rhey treat their employees like convicts in a prison. do not follow labor laws constant harrassment terrible people
Overall experience
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSMay 24, 2018
My typical day included:
Forming materials

I learned:
Intrapersonal skills; running machines such as CNC press machines;

The management was helpful and willing to work with me in order to learn as much as possible.

The workplace had a very diverse culture that allowed me to work with many different types of personalities.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining the work load while operating heavy machinery.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the machines.
Workday Summary
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Durant, MSMay 12, 2018
A typical work day at Hunters is a day of production, safety meetings, and team department meeting. Of the 17 years being employed at Hunters I have learned alot about this company operations. Management is excellent. They provide quartly family dinners to each department team of their choice to build a better relationship with your supervisor. Company picnic for the whole family to attend. The workplace culture is a great place for job advancement.
Pros
Different food vendors that provide lunch on certain days, Christmas Gift card Bonuses, Administration office staff is amazing.
very busy but fun workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Durant, MSApril 9, 2018
very busy workplace. It was very easy to do once I got use to it. The manager was very clear, understanding, and respectful. The most enjoyable part was meeting some of the workers. I was nerves at first but they made me feel like i was home when i got use to them. Great company!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hunter Engineering Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

Hunter Engineering Inc. Reviews by Location