HUNTER ENGINEERING Employee Reviews

do not apply here
Machinist Union (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJune 18, 2018
most hostile poorly managed company ive ever worked for.rhey treat their employees like convicts in a prison. do not follow labor laws constant harrassment terrible people
Overall experience
CNC Operator (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSMay 24, 2018
My typical day included:
Forming materials

I learned:
Intrapersonal skills; running machines such as CNC press machines;

The management was helpful and willing to work with me in order to learn as much as possible.

The workplace had a very diverse culture that allowed me to work with many different types of personalities.

The hardest part of the job was maintaining the work load while operating heavy machinery.

The most enjoyable part of the job was working with the machines.
Workday Summary
Machine Operator/Forklift Operator (Current Employee) –  Durant, MSMay 12, 2018
A typical work day at Hunters is a day of production, safety meetings, and team department meeting. Of the 17 years being employed at Hunters I have learned alot about this company operations. Management is excellent. They provide quartly family dinners to each department team of their choice to build a better relationship with your supervisor. Company picnic for the whole family to attend. The workplace culture is a great place for job advancement.
Pros
Different food vendors that provide lunch on certain days, Christmas Gift card Bonuses, Administration office staff is amazing.
very busy but fun workplace.
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Durant, MSApril 9, 2018
very busy workplace. It was very easy to do once I got use to it. The manager was very clear, understanding, and respectful. The most enjoyable part was meeting some of the workers. I was nerves at first but they made me feel like i was home when i got use to them. Great company!
Pros
free lunches
Cons
short breaks
Fun Job
Territory Sales Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNApril 5, 2018
No insurance or benefits. No retireme$iated with. It requires a significant commitment and money up front to get started. Some months you will make $0
Bad management caused poor working environment
Service Representative\Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Roanoke, VAMarch 7, 2018
I was an independent service contractor for 15 years. I enjoyed most of it until the last few years. The last 2.5 to 3 years there was no salesman so I was working double duty. I was selling, installing, training, and servicing. I did not get paid for sales either. I was at the point I was working close to or exceeding 80 hours a week. 6 days in the field and Sunday's were spent in the office catching up on paperwork, parts orders, invoices, warranty returns, etc. I didn't see any end in sight because the regional manager was making no effort to hire a salesperson. This cause many home issues, such as no vacation time. My family would take vacations without me because I wasn't able to leave the territory because there was no one else. I only took three weeks vacation the last 7 years.
I switched from service to sales trying to take my life back. I was in a different territory and different regional manager. I thought things might be better. In the 3 years I did sales, I never worked the same area for a single year. I kept being moved around to different areas. Customer relationships are very important in sales and it is extremely difficult to build these relationships when you keep getting moved around. I would continually have to start over and all the deals I was working on would be yanked out from underneath me. Financially this hurt myself and the company.
In all I would say be very careful with this company. You are an independent contractor with zero benefits. It is a lot of extra work to run your own business and you are at the mercy of the manager in your
  more... area. I had some great ones early on but the last 2 made life miserable. Be wary of the sales figures they show you as well. If you have a great year you can make 125,000 BEFORE all the expenses that come with your business such as truck payment, fuel, insurance, equipment payments, taxes, payroll, advertising, phones, office supplies, repairs, etc. Before you know it you have 60,000 in expenses, so the 125,000 is cut in half. If things are slow or you keep starting over in new territories then you will be at the 95,000 mark they show you and you still have 60,000 in expenses.  less
Pros
Cons
it can take over your life with to many hours
Rev your engines
Regional Manager (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 1, 2018
High Sales Pressure performance...100% commission based on levels of performance from Independent Contractors in Field. If they don't perform up to to 100% of quota annually then you wont last long. Key to success is to Recruit and develop entrepreneurial talent and then coach them how to demonstrate product and close sales. Requires lots of recruiting and road time investment to keep sales and service territories filled. Territory Vacancies or less than 75% of quota achieved costs you commissions through penalties.
Pros
High Commission potential
Cons
No salary-not predictable month to month pay
I have learned alot about fabricating steel parts for welding.
Welder/Fabricator (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSFebruary 21, 2018
production fabricating and welding. We have cook outs when ever we have a perfect monthly safety record. We also get a twenty five dollar certificate every three months for perfect attendance.
Pros
Health Insurance, Profit Sharing
Cons
Outdated vending machines not enough microwaves for the amount of people and time
Productive workplace
Intern Mechanical Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSFebruary 5, 2018
A typical day at Hunter Engineering Company is very collaborative and relaxed. In addition, sometimes the pace is increased according to the task at hand. I learned a lot of things on my own which can have a positive or negative effect on your attitude.
Pros
Free lunch on Fridays
Cons
Breaks can be longer
Great Company
Facilities and Manufacturing Engineering Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJanuary 31, 2018
Great facility to work at, the benefits are great, people care about your day, they are understanding of your needs. Work schedule is pretty set at 8:15-5PM with a 45 minute lunch.
Great company to work for
Mechanical Engineering Co-op (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJanuary 28, 2018
Work schedule is your typical 5 8 hour days and rarely requires you to come in early and never to stay late. The other employees are great to work with and the type of work you do changes on a day to day basis.
Pros
relaxed environment
Cons
tools and equipment youre given to work with are worn and dated
productive n great place to work. Great people to work around
Painter (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSJanuary 24, 2018
Great place to work. Mangement needs work. But overall it's a promising opportunity for work in life.Its a good place to seek work if your just graduated college n you seeking a steady job r income. Get benefits
Poor managment, and over time hours were at will.
Electronics Technician, QA Department (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSJanuary 19, 2018
Low salary, but did provide great benefits. Lunch was 30 minutes with a 15 minute break only in the morning hours. I felt like a lot more could have be done for salaried employees. I enjoyed the work I did, but there was no opportunity for advancement. The commute was 45 minutes for me and was costly in fuel cost.
Pros
Paid time off and good benefits
Cons
Short breaks and lunch time
Laid back work place
Engineer (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSJanuary 16, 2018
It’s very laid back. I like what I did I just didn’t like that we had to sit down n work that was very boring. But overall I liked the job wish I could have stayed longer
Technician (Former Employee) –  Raymond, MSNovember 20, 2017
While at Hunter Engineering I worked in paint department and assembly of computer alignment equipment. It had good leadership and fair practice and enjoyed the experience. It had introduced me to the world of industrial manufacturing.
Pros
Good overall
Hostile
Team leader quality control and Osha compliance (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOOctober 25, 2017
Horrible environment. Management is petty childish and create hostile environment for employees. Treat employees like subjects to the king. Everyday coming to work here feels like a bit of death . I have never worked for a more disrespectful hr and management team ever. The pay is good and benifits are decent. Union is a joke. I have been here over a decade and pray daily to find something better
Pros
Pay and medicsl
Cons
Management and environment
A typical day at work
Print Circuit board operator (Current Employee) –  2489 Raymond-Clinton RoadOctober 8, 2017
I like working with this company they do offer a lots of good things to you and they look out for there workers and the hours and the pay is fair to me
Good environment
Quality Assurance Analyst (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOOctober 1, 2017
Working in the QA garage is very nice. Air conditioned and heated. They take care of their employees very well. Everyone is very friendly and helpful in the beginning as well.
Fast paced
Assembler/Production (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSSeptember 18, 2017
Overall is a good place to work. Opportunity for advancement is not very good. You are in the spot and they intend you to stay in that spot. I would like to utilize my bachelors degree for less physical work.
Poor concerns of employees
Final Assembly Inspector (Current Employee) –  Raymond, MSSeptember 1, 2017
Have no respect when it comes to issues that an employee may have on the job. If you have an issue and inform your supervisor or manager, it will do no good. Nothing is never done about issues you may have on the job. I an individual talk to a manger about an issue, it already back out on the floor before you make it back to your work area. It's extremely sad. The management is so poor that a 15 year old could do a better job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HUNTER ENGINEERING. Our community is ready to answer.