Hunterdon Health Care Employee Reviews

Therapeutic environment that strive to maintain the magnet standard of care for patients, staff, and visitors
Staff Nurse-Psych/Detox (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 12, 2019
I have worked in different settings and healthcare facilities and I have YET to witness any facilities that actively work to reach the highest standards for a place of employment. I believe management really achieved above and beyond the standard that magnet status employers work to have.
Poorly managed
Financial (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 2, 2019
Financial aspect of the organization is run poorly. Managers and directors who have no clue how a business should be run. Hemorrhaging money because of incompetence from top to bottom. Raises are low and good employees receive same amount as poorly performing coworkers. Rules are not applied consistently, kissing up to management is the only way to advance. They should clean house and hire managers who are educated and knowledgable in how to run a profitable organization.
Pros
Coworkers
Cons
Management, salary, hostile environment
Well-run fitness center with medical oversight
MEDICAL DIRECTOR (part time contract positiion) (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJMarch 28, 2019
Collaborated to create hospital outpatient fitness center. Partnered with hospital administrators to develop initial business plans. Served as project manager for all medical operations. Wrote medical protocols and created health care policies. Screened all applicant's health records for exercise clearance. Recommended and helped implement new programs. Attended Board meetings. Presented to large and small audiences on health topics. Success of this facility led to second branch opening 2 years later
Pros
Good people, energetic
Cons
Limited space
Better hospitals to choose from
Employee (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMarch 12, 2019
HMC main focus is money. That is the executive's top priority. Patient satisfaction is second only if it affects the organization's income. Staff is not compensated for the amount of work done. Patronized with useless PR events. Management does not back their employees. Over-worked, under appreciated. Do not choose this hospital to work at.
Pros
Discount at Health Quest
Cons
Poor management, poor pay
A good place to work
Sr. Sterile Processing Tech (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJMarch 12, 2019
I have learn a lot working at hunterdon health system. I love what i do at my work. People are very nice and helpful. I have very challenging task to perform.
Bad
A PREVIOUS EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJFebruary 28, 2019
Horrible place to work for....go elsewhere you will be better off. Management thinks they are perfect, My manager talked on the phone most of the day with family, friends and lawyer of personal business not work related. She is a terrible boss and wondered why she was behind in her own responsibilities and wanted you to do more of your already overloaded work days She Never gave her employees a compliment for working so hard she was too busy patting herself on the back. STAY AWAY!!!Oh and she always tried to look into your personal business and if she didn't like you she would find a way to get you fired. And also as a hospital they are bas, bad, bad...horrible medical center.
Pros
work close by not to far to travel
Cons
bad management
Please read the reviews before working here.
Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hunterdon County, NJFebruary 16, 2019
Please rethink applying to work here. It’s hard to trust reviews, but this one is 1000% honest. Treated horrible by management. Hard work doesn’t pay off. Can’t move up and excel in any job. I’ve worked 2 different jobs here and they all treat you the same. Constantly belittled, dismissed and treated poorly by management. There is a lot of favoritism. HR won’t do a thing when you report issues. The turn over is horrible. Lowest pay compared to other hospitals. They hire easy for a reason.
Pros
Will hire anyone
Cons
Low pay, cant excel, brings you down, treated poorly, favoritism, your hard work doesn’t matter
Great environment and great way to meet people.
Fitness/Personal Trainer (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJFebruary 7, 2019
Personal training is scheduled on your own time so work is flexible. There are thousands of members so plenty of opportunities to obtain clients. I learned how to manage face to face relationships with clients and build a solid rapport. The supervisor has a lousy work ethic and irresponsible work behavior, however, trainers will rarely have to work directly with the supervisor. The work environment is great because the members are friendly and it is also a great place to socialize. The hardest part of the job was dealing with the supervisor and the baggage that they brought to work. The most enjoyable part of the job was working at a fitness center surrounded by likeminded people all seeking to better their health.
Pros
Great work environment
Cons
Much needed equipment upgrades are rarely obtained.
Not good for permanent employment, salary is low and management is not nice.
Technician (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJFebruary 4, 2019
Not much to learn and management can be very mean. HR doesn’t help much if there’s issues with the management. I wouldn’t recommend to work in this department unless there’s changes.
Pros
They work with your schedule if need days off
Cons
Poor salary, unfriendly management.
They’re always there to take care of the patients
Patient Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NJJanuary 13, 2019
I learned a lot while working with Hunterdon Healthcare and are all about the patients care. I would recommend to anyone wanting to work within the medical industry.
Working with other
Greeter Vol (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJDecember 27, 2018
I learned to deal with others better--there is more than one way to explain something. Throughout the day there were busy times and slow times.

It was great helped patients and family members. They just wanted someone to listen to them.
Nice place to work.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJNovember 29, 2018
People are really nice and helpful.
Good place to learn.

The staff were patient and thought me so many things.

They also thought me how to use different types of equipment.
Pros
Good place to
Hunterdon
Lead Security Officer (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJNovember 27, 2018
A wonderful place to work. There is much to do and many opportunities to accomplish your goals. I hate that I had to leave, but another opportunity presented itself to me
Great place too work and get experience.
Sterile Processing Technician (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJNovember 15, 2018
Good place too learn
Great staff and good place too move on and get experience
Great opportunities
Benefits
Flexible schedule
I recommend this Hopital
Great doctors and OR staff
I have a great experience working at this Hopital..
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Low salary
Happy and friendly workplace.
Medical Transcriptionist (Current Employee) –  Clinton, NJNovember 12, 2018
Hunterdon Radiology is a happy and friendly workplace. Management listens for your concerns and help to resolve any issues. I learned that you just should come to work and do you job proficiently without getting involved in company drama.
Pros
45 minute lunch increased from 30 minutes
Cons
Stay clear of office drama.
Billing Specialist
Medical Billing Specialist (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJNovember 8, 2018
I was very excited to begin my career at HMC but soon after working there I soon found out management was the issue. Team of a amazing workers but poor leadership. I was sad to leave but happy to get away from the politics that affected individual performance and growth. Health benefits as long as you stayed in network. Pay is poor, overtime was key to live a decent life. PTO hours have to be used for holidays so basically you have to accrue to get time off for sick, holidays and personal days. I was sad to leave because I had such high hopes.
Pros
Great co workers
Cons
Terrible managment
Unethical environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  HMCNovember 2, 2018
Employees are treated like garbage, and are seen as expendable. Management constantly exploits employees. If you work here or receive care at this facility be prepared to see a complete violation of human rights and free choices. Enter at your own risk. Employees and patients are treated poorly, if you have a choice, choose another hospital!
Pros
Nice coworkers
Cons
Everything else, nothing good about working here
nice workplace sometimes
Patient Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJOctober 30, 2018
This hospital is nice but some of the nurses are very rude and lazy. Also there isn't a lot of time work or cultural diversity among the hospital. Also certain floors i hated working on.
Excellent employer
Psychotherapist (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJOctober 29, 2018
Good collaboration, team work and supervision. Coworkers collaborated well, many levels of care, good training, supportive management, good benefits good paid time off.
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Hard work
great work life balance
Director (Current Employee) –  New JerseyOctober 12, 2018
Love working here. There is a lot of support and opportunities for education. Great work life balance, good benefits, wonderful location. Strong collaborative atmosphere.
Pros
administrative support, mentoring