Hunterdon Health Care Employee Reviews

Productive office work
Telecommunications Operator (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 14, 2018
I generally enjoy my time at Hunterdon Medical. My supervisor and manager are both very fair.I love my team we work well together. I am satisfied with my role within Hunterdon Medical Center.
Typical workplace
Patient Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 11, 2018
There were rare instances of employee perks, it took 6 years to reinstate bonuses even though the organization was making money constantly building new wings and open new office practice that it was sad to have been 7yrs there with nothing to show for it.
Staff nurse -Pediatrics and Adults
R.N. Staff - Pediatrics / Nursery (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJuly 3, 2018
Stuffing was based on patient acuity. I worked 12 hour shifts (7PM-7am). I was a part time employee and greatly enjoyed the manager that I had ,and all my co-workers. The Hunterdon medical Center had an ambuance of comfort as soon as you passed through the front doors into the medical center. This good feeling ran throughout the hospital, no matter what department. All of the staff were kind and gracious. The most enjoyable part of the job was seeing a sick child come onto the unit and leave completely well and healthy a few days later.
Terrible work environment
Current staff (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJune 20, 2018
The work environment is ridiculously stressful. Don't expect any help from supervisors, they just keep adding more and they continue to do very little. The hospital environment itself is pretty pathetic also. They force their beliefs on you so hopefully you don't have strong feelings about forced vaccinations since they make all employees get them regardless of your personal preference. You don't feel respected or valued by this culture. The PTO is also a joke since they group holidays into it also so it boils down to not enough time off. And no sick time. PTO is all grouped together vacation, holidays and sick. I would not work here again or in good conscience recommend this place.
Gave many opportunities to learn
CMA (AAMA) (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJune 12, 2018
I was given the opportunity to mentor a doctor in the hospital, it was very beneficial and I learned a lot. I was able to balance my school and work life with flexible hours.
Cons
pay.
Great people to work with
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 29, 2018
Good teamwork ethic very fast paced Department everybody works together well and is very supportive in difficult situations very clean and well-organized Department
Efficient. good benefits. like family.
Teacher Assistant, Per diem (Former Employee) –  bright tomorrowsMay 24, 2018
Even if you work only 20 hours a week you qualify for benefits. As a per diem employee, I didn't qualify, but even I got employee discounts for medical needs. The place had a pretty good culture and everyone felt more or less like family. Good retirement plan even for per diem employees. Good environment for kids' learning, and set up for efficiency and cleanliness. A great place to work. A bit fast-paced and stressful at times, due to high volumes of small children.
Hunterdon Medical Center
Unit Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 2, 2018
Excellent environment to work in. Many opportunities to learn and advance in your careers. Healthcare workers are professional, comforting, approachable, caring, and helpful. Everyone works together as a team to accomplish every day tasks to provide outstanding patient care.
a nice and friendly place to work
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMay 1, 2018
The staff was very nice and friendly. The supervisor treated everyone with respect, she was very informative. There were so many things I learned there
Pros
experience, pay
Cons
no room for advancement
Great community hospital
Per Diem Emergency Room Nurse (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMarch 31, 2018
Great community hospital. Lots of facilities that work together, managers are approachable and flexible. Pay is standard for the area, lots of great benefits.
Very low pay for the level of commitment required. Raises are only about $.20-.25 an hour
PATIENT SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJMarch 18, 2018
I look forward to work every day but I have to leave because I can't afford to live on the salary they give. Raises are the same for both good and bad workers and amount to about $.20 an hour. There is little potential for growth but most of the employees are committed to their work and to helping others.
Pros
Coworkers are nice, job is interesting
Cons
low salary, mediocre health benefits
excellent
Medical Director, Phillips Barber & Delaware VFHC (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJMarch 13, 2018
excellent place to work. Supportive management. Visionary Health System. Good security. Exellent support staff. Excellent work environment. Recommend highly
Fun coworkers
passer and Food Prep (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJ 08822February 28, 2018
It was a good place to work for the time being. I stuck it out for a couple years until I completed school. Easy work, management could be better, and low raises.
Pros
two 15 minute breaks and a 30 minute lunch
Cons
management and low raises
Learning Experience
Laboratory Assistant Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJFebruary 26, 2018
I learned a lot from working in the laboratory, learned how to make lab slides from actual human tissue and learned how to understand the difference between normal and abnormal cells
Professional and educated staff
Medical Director (Former Employee) –  Whitehouse Station, NJFebruary 7, 2018
Pleasant work environment. Very well run. Good staff. Equipment is kept fairly modern. Space is limited and pool is slightly small. Open hours are extensive and programs are varied.
Nice staff
Therapist (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 29, 2018
Great opportunity for therapist to learn many different settings including early intervention, outpatient and inpatient. Moderate size therapy deprtments.
Terrible work environment
MD (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 25, 2018
Would not recommend to anyone to work here. Terrible management. They expect you to work more hours than what is stated in your contract. I was treated unfairly here and HR was not helpful.
RN STAFF (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 17, 2018
Hunterdon Medical Center is a good place to work. I have been employed there for a long time, but am now looking into a different area of nursing. I feel we have good team work on our unit with good management as well.
Hunterdon Health and Wellness
Medical Receptionist (Current Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 17, 2018
This is a wonderful place to work. Both doctors as well as the health coach are extremely friendly and helpful. The business runs like a well oiled machine. I actually enjoy going to work at Hunterdon Health and Wellness L.L.C.
A great place to work if you pick the right career.
Certified Nursing Assistant (Former Employee) –  Flemington, NJJanuary 16, 2018
This place help to give me great patience and people skills. Multi tasking was a must I'm gladI worked there but I now know it is not the career for me.