Huntington Bank

Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

United States1,950 reviews
Found 1,950 reviews matching the search
It's an ok place to start out but advancement beyond senior analyst level is based on nepotism. If you develop technical expertise you are stuck in that role unless you have executive sponsorship. Good news is you don't work too hard, so balance is nice. If you want to advance your career you'll need to leave as soon as you stop adding to your marketable skills.
Pros
Work life balance
Cons
Opportunity for advancement minimal
Expected to train yourself. You will go to Cleveland for a very quick training but when you get in person there is no 1 on 1 help. If they do help you they are rude. You are expected to call the service center for everything! Branch is very divided and did not operate like team. Customer service is not a priority. Branch unethical issues is the norm HR complaints open a can of worms even if proven correct
Pros
The day i left
Cons
The day i was hired
Huntington is about making money for the company and its banking center of managers that sit back and feed of referrals from the team mostly the RBII (retail banker II) position. Its a strategic plan set far ahead to stage profits for the branch and how it performs a profit. I felt it was achieved fiercely by management only. My title was BSM. A renowned head teller that holds a teller role accountable.
Pros
Good team of coworkers.but a poor branch manager that ran off 4.5 employees.
Cons
Branch Managers was allowed to work with harassment charges, to the point our banker left. Not a healthy or safe work environment, Huntington profits off its team and compensates branch manager positions, Coached merely for profit not success, Another office may have been a solution, I quit my Manager as the DM ignored my reaching out to discuss branch managers actions.
They live to the company culture. I take care of customers, coworkers and are involved in the communities that they are in. Unfortunately for me they left the state of Wisconsin.
Pros
Advancement if you're willing to work
Cons
No longer in Wisconsin
Too many levels of management. Less than favorable workplace culture. Toxic inter-personal relationships affecting morale. Management exercising favoritism.
Your experience matters.
Help out others considering your employer. Rate your employer.
I’ve been with Huntington for going on 5 years. Have been through mergers, consolidations, and high turnovers. Be prepared to be thrown under the bus the first chance they get. You’ll never be equal to upper management, and if you intend to advance, unless you are in that “clique” you’ll never advance. Be prepared to fail.
Pros
Salary, Time-off
Cons
Work-home life, micromanaging, discrimination
Huntington might be a great place for you. Sales are the biggest determining factor. Will you make the company money. If not they can't fire you but you will not move up either. They use sales numbers to thin the number of qualified applicants. Then they promote only people who fit a certain ilk.
Huntington incorporated their work at home program over a year ago to help improve employee job satisfaction and flexibility. That has been great. I would like to have more participation with management for their employee development.
Pros
work life balance
Cons
lack of development
Manager favored others and made you feel like you were less of a person than she was. Company only cared about goals and not you as a person. One of the tellers was very moody making it difficult to work with her and management did nothing.
State of the art equipment, adjustable desks and a GREAT PLACE TO WORK. I Enjoyed my time there and would jump at another opportunity to work there.
I worked for this company for 14 years and always made less even when I had more education and experience. Promotions were often given to people who weren't qualified but were friends with the hiring manager.
Great company with growth potential that is focused on community engagement and helping businesses thrive. Huntington has a great culture with diversity and inclusion.
Overall the company worked and thought continuously about the customer experience. They starved to provide seamless opportunities for the customer to achieve their financial goals.
HNB is a great company, perhaps a bit more focused on the bottom line vs. enhancements for the customer and efficiency in the business operations. Thin margins make trying to get any dollar for funding a project time consuming and difficult. Result: same old pattern every day.
Don’t waste your time here This company training is poor and management is short sighted They don’t care about customers or employees it’s all about the Stock Price
Huntington puts their employees and their customers first. Great company to work for. They support their employees and push them to be the best they can be. They truly listen to their employees and value their opinions.
If your unfortunate enough to work in the phone bank for huntington, i am sorry. You are treated like children. Compensation is one of the industry lows.
Pros
Outside of phone bank huntington is a good company
Cons
Dont work in the phone bank if you dont have to.
The company as a whole is a good company. For myself, I feel I wasn't provided the opportunity to utilize the skills that I gleaned through my education and grow with the company due to being remote.
I enjoyed working here and my recruiter was really a nice guys. I spent most of my time working remotely because my manager understood my family situation.
Huntington is a great place to work. When they say that corporate really cares. THEY DO! Your voice is heard and there are so many opportunities to advance in the company. Everyone at Huntington are amazing people who truly care about the financial well being of others. I am PROUD to work here. MY only complaint is that some management needs to be improved on and sometimes the job can be a bit stressful.
Company does not care about employees, accuse you and belittle you. Management made me feel so left out of all events because I wasn’t “long time friends” of theirs. They don’t care about your health
Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.
Diversity score
out of 100
Comparably
Diversity Score
The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Huntington Bank.