Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,159 reviews matching the search See all 1,161 reviews
Awesome company culture
Programmer Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2018
HNB is awesome! However not all managers are the same, some managers want workaholics, others legitimately care about you. Pay seems to be industry average. Healthcare is good. They pay for school. Great pto!
Pros
Pto, pay, managers, people, company culture
Cons
Managers, resident to raises
HNB Review
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 13, 2018
Good hours, good money if you can sell, management is pretty laid back, very charitable company, I would absolutely recommend for a place to work!!!!!
Fun work place
Debit/Credit Disputes- Enterprise Fraud Specialist (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 12, 2018
Great culture to work in. Great company. Benefits are awesome. There is room for advancement within the company. The commitment to Pelotonia is amazing.
Not positive
Marketing Business Intelligence Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 9, 2018
I don't have anything positive to say but they are forcing me to write a review so this is it. I have a character limit that I have to reach and I'm just about there.
Pros
Not positive
Cons
Not positive
Meijer locations are the worst.
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIAugust 7, 2018
Standing for 8+ hours every single day, pushing customers into sales that are border line harassment to meet a "sales goal", life gets worse if your other co-workers are not willing to work or help. Management was surprisingly as helpful as could be with the given circumstances. They are put under the same sales pressure from their bosses and so on and so forth. They don't succeed if you don't. How ever the Meijer locations feels like where you go to die, so to speak. Ive been gone a year and that location has turned over probably 5 different new employees since. Just know you are a cog in a corporation and you'll do just fine.
Pros
Pay is ok
Cons
standing entire shift, shove sales down customers throats
This company promoted self service to their customers.
Contractor (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIAugust 7, 2018
This is a regional bank that obtained national customers by providing loans. Vehicle loans and second mortgages. They were able to provide loans with their banking customers funds. However, they promoted self service to their banking customers.
Pros
Competitive pay
Cons
Promoting self service to their banking customers.
Great place to work with good benefits
Security Investigator (Former Employee) –  Maitland, FLAugust 7, 2018
I enjoyed my employment with Huntington. They offered training and advancement and great management. I was disappointed when they sold their Florida franchise to Suntrust but was able to transition over and was hired by SunTrust. Great severance package for staying on until the sale of the company. Huntington Bank offered good benefits package. When I started with Huntington we had 12 branches and quickly bought additional banks and grew to over 120 offices throughout the state. I enjoyed conducting the audits of the banks that we acquired. The management team was good to work for and they promoted from within as a regular practice. Huntington invested in good video equipment to ensure good video for bank robberies which assisted law enforcement to obtain arrest for bank robberies. They also offered good training opportunities and provided positive feedback for a job well done. I received a Commendation award for my participation in the acquisition audits as well as my fraud investigation accomplishments.
Pros
Good benefits and training
Cons
They sold the bank to move out of the Florida market.
Extremely poor management
Branch Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Union, ILAugust 6, 2018
The manager at the UNION location is not someone I would ever recommend working for. Narcissistic and made some very inappropriate comments about women. Frequently made customers uncomfortable, quite a few left due to his demeanor towards them. I saw him actually yell at a customer in the lobby rather than try to be understanding and explain things to him. It was a gross display of control.
Benefits
fun, family atmosphere
Sr. Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 3, 2018
it was a fun , family atmosphere. I love working in the retail branch, my team was amazing, from starbucks runs, to pot lucks, to afternoon ice cream treats,
Very Stressful
Universal Banker (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, MIAugust 3, 2018
This is one of the most stressful places i've worked. Management does not care about the employees only about sales. Split shifts were very difficult.
Pros
Pay, Vacation Days
Cons
Poor Management, Stressful Environment
If You're Looking For Your Next Opportunity
Enterprise Release Manager (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 2, 2018
If you are looking for your next career opportunity, Huntington is a good place to go. It often gives you the experience you need for your the next step in your career.
Pros
Benefits, Work/Life Balance
Cons
Training, Advancement Opportuniteis
Great people to work with.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Bridgeport, WVJuly 31, 2018
Sometimes unorganized. Unhappy clients and always changing the way things are done each day. Very stressful but the people you work with makes it easier.
Pros
People you work with
Cons
Sometimes unorganized
Great Company to work for
Model Risk Analyst- Staff Officer (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 30, 2018
I had great personal experience. I was able to get promoted into different positions within the company, my coworkers were great, and I had a strong sense of purpose
Pros
Promoted inclusions
Cons
N/a
Buddy buddy system is not the way to run a company
Senior Recovery Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 27, 2018
The category of one is only for customers and not all customers and really not for employees. Management will not have your back in certain situations and will protect themselves and not employees
Pros
Certain benefits
Cons
Slave ship
Insurance
Insurance Sales Agent (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHJuly 24, 2018
Working with customers to provide them with the best insurance prices and keeping current clients happy in the process. We are also required to keep certain documents on file to better serve existing customers.
Call Night
Branch Manager, Loan Officer, Security Officer (Current Employee) –  Clarksburg, WVJuly 22, 2018
I was very happy while working for Huntington Bank. I left because at the time they were having 2 evening a week we were required to stay and take part in call nights.
Pros
great team mates
Cons
call nights
Good benefits
CSA - Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  OhioJuly 21, 2018
It has a good work life balance they are good when it comes to things happening at home but you get points when you call off or you have to leave earlier and you basically have to completely kiss butt to customers for them not to say that your being rude
Benefits
Cons
Favoritism
In-store Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Lenox, MIJuly 20, 2018
In-store environment, young management. Management with no education or management training. Quick to come to conclusions. Not enough employees on a daily basis to manage the tasks.
Pros
40 Hour work weeks, good compensation and income offered.
Cons
Training and education not a major requirement for employees in management. Not enough experience.
Good pay and benefits
Teller (Former Employee) –  Toledo, OHJuly 19, 2018
Compared to other banks Huntington was very good about pay scale. Job was fast paced at times but training was good enough to handle it. Goals were high but obtainable.
Not a bad place to work for
Relationship Banker II (Current Employee) –  Neshannock, PAJuly 18, 2018
Great place to work for just not a big fan of how our commission varied month by month. Made it a very stressful job being sales oriented. Good people to work for, just poor planning.
Pros
Good oppurtunity for career advancement
Cons
Commission varied monthly

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight