Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,243 reviews matching the search See all 1,247 reviews
Great company to work for
Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHNovember 14, 2018
Huntington really cares about it colleagues. Highly recommended bank to work for. great starting pay for the teller position and up. Great work life balance
Pros
Salary
Cons
dress code uniforms
Slow
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MINovember 13, 2018
Very slow paced environment. Not my ideal location to work if you have a family and bills to pay on a regular basis. Not enough room to grow within the call center.
Great Internship
Communications Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 13, 2018
I had a summer internship at Huntington and it was a great experience. Everyone was so nice and willing to help me, plus I learned a lot. I met a bunch of great people at Huntington! Not my ideal job, but nothing bad to say about it.
Poor Management
Teller (Current Employee) –  Elmwood Park, ILNovember 9, 2018
When the supervisor retired, they hired a manager from Bed Bath and Beyond who had no experience with bank telling, and created a risk for the bank. Overall, I loved working with the clients.
Only care about servicing wealthy people
Relationship Banker 1 (Former Employee) –  Youngstown, OHNovember 7, 2018
They say they want to be “category of one” and they only target rich people to service. All upper management want to do is line their pockets with cash. Same as the managers. Online trainings never end, and the sales goals are only achievable if you believe in lying to someone instead of helping them. I understand now that this was not a company for the people. This isn’t to bash the company. This is simply me telling my honest opinion. If you can stay away from this bank as a customer or employee, I strongly advise you to do so.
Pros
Multiple locations
Cons
Management, sales goals, integrity (lacking), always lied to
Incredible company to work at
Sr. Unix/Linux/VMware Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 5, 2018
I've really enjoyed and learned a lot working here, it was a great environment and wonderful experience to share the knowledge with my leads. Over all the management, culture and work environment was incredible. There were few challenges working as on-call after hours but delivering on time to the customers was the most enjoyable part of the job.
HR Case Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 5, 2018
HB is a great a place to work. Great benefits and reliable, and flexible. All ways improving benefits every year! Really wants to be Category of one company!
Great Place to be
Teller (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHNovember 2, 2018
It depends where your located. I don't want to speak for all branches. However my branch (Columbus OH) we have a magnificent team and work around each other schedule. Our branch is open till 5 pm on Saturdays and 4pm on Sunday. If you ask me, that's going beyond for our customer. Since a lot of our locations close at noon on Saturdays and Sundays are normally closed. The pay is doable. I'm a single mother and financially were fine. Great benefits for me and the little one. I could write an essay on my manager however you'll read this all day. Lets just say he HAS NO favorite employee, he's understanding and goes above and beyond for not only his customers but for employees as well. The hardest part is being on your feet for 8-9 hours. However, it could be a lot worst...right?
Pros
Benefits, Pay, Co Workers
Cons
some slow days
Awesome people
CUSTOMER SERVICE REPRESENTATIVE (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHOctober 28, 2018
The manager an trainers were amazing, they made sure we understood everything, helped us no matter what. Would coach us through a call. Always the. Best people ever
Pros
1 break
Cons
Shift
Average place to work
Personal Banker II (Former Employee) –  MichiganOctober 26, 2018
Management needed work. Understaffed in majority of locations. Great benefits and competitive pay. Strong sales focus. Face paced for both tellers and bankers.
Banking corporation seemed like a good company to work for except the specifics of our department.
Allocation Accountant / Trust Fund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIOctober 25, 2018
Upper management lack of understanding of the specific business I dealt with made it hard to progress as a department and on an individual level. Corporation wide it seemed a good company.
Cons
Upper Management did not/does not understand the retirement plan business
Terrible environment
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Jackson, MIOctober 23, 2018
Unrealistic sales goals and stressful environment. Unable to focus on sales as a banker due to constant teller activity. Poor consistantly changing management and policies/procedures.
Overall I liked working here
Teller / Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Cadillac, MIOctober 21, 2018
I loved my direct manager there were some issues with upper management that needed to be worked out. I loved having my regulars that came to me all the time!!
Huntington National Bank
Customer Service Associate (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 18, 2018
Huntington is a good place to work for. The bank continues to grow and has great customer service. Plenty of growth and career opportunities, inclusive culture
Nothing but love for hnb.
Senior Personal Banker, Registered Representative (Current Employee) –  Zeeland, MIOctober 17, 2018
HNB has treated me well. I have worked for Huntington for over six years and have loved every minute. I find it time to move on to something else, no love is lost. Please consider serving your community and working for HNB.
I truly enjoyed working flexible hours, overtime and weekends that were not mandatory.
Data Entry Operator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 16, 2018
Pick up mail, log in, worked at own pace, loved early mornings and late nights, volunteered for work on Saturdays, was able to work a lot of overtime!
Pros
free accounts, great work environment, great management, large workload.
Cons
No benefits, but was included in company perks, community business was a blast!
Happy with the company
Banker (Current Employee) –  Ann Arbor, MIOctober 16, 2018
Have been working for 2 years, I feel very lucky to be part of Huntington culture. Our is a great team, my manger is very understanding and a great coach. My co workers are cordial and helpful. We pull each other up every time we are in a difficult situation.
Pros
Best manager
Cons
Goal are difficult to reach
Good Bank to work for
Asst. V-Pres Business Banking (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 13, 2018
Good Bank to work for. Partners are all professional. Most difficult obstacle is the sheer fact that it is bankingm which is highly regulated.. Good benefits and culture.
Management isues
Process Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 13, 2018
There is a high turn-over of management. The Management at Huntington Bank waste a lot of time micro-managing their employees when its not necessary. They have their favorites that receive educational reimbursement, (a company-wide benefit), advancements and accolades and the rest are denied these benefits. The good employees go unnoticed, the personal favorites get promoted. There is a lot of tension between women managers and their associates; some bullying of associates was observed.
Pros
semi-secure job
Cons
unsupportive of their employees; favortism runs rampid!
Would not EVER recommend
TELLER SR (Former Employee) –  OhioOctober 12, 2018
Managers find a "pet" and use them to snitch on employees even though you are supposed to be a "team" and advances them even if they are not qualified

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Huntington Bank.

Powered by Comparably