Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,208 reviews matching the search See all 1,210 reviews
Good job
Assistant Branch Manager (Current Employee) –  Dover, OHSeptember 19, 2018
I only had issues with in store branch hours, location. Long lunches making long days. There were a lot of complaints due to the fact that turnover in the in store branches were reducing consistency.
Great place to work!
Mortgage Loan Officer (Former Employee) –  Three Rivers, MISeptember 19, 2018
Huntington is a great company and very passionate about their mission and values; from the CEO to all colleagues, they are all on the same mission. Very customer focused and great place to get experience in the banking, customer service industry or lifetime career. They always promote from within.
Pros
Huntington is very passionate about what they do and how they do it. Very customer focused
Cons
work life balance
Upper management sounded experienced but as you listen to her talk she was uneducated With the proper terminology of the construction field.
Facility Manager (Former Employee) –  Flint miSeptember 17, 2018
Having an inexperience upper management makes it extremely hard to work for. Social pathic characteristics is what her style of leadership. Co workers were great people to work with.
Pros
Coworkers great
Cons
Games and lies by regional manager
management
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  Greater Toledo DistrictSeptember 14, 2018
District Manager preaches behaviors but does not execute on their own. No coaching. No one on ones. No communication unless they think someone is gossiping about them and thats the only time involvement is occurring within the banking center. Looks and speaks very polished but once you really look into the day to day behaviors actions do not line up with words being spoken. Lies about being in office visits and when you finally get in touch with them they claim they are in a meeting but their dog is barking in the background. Very manipulative and ruined the culture.
Pros
Services provided to clients
Cons
District Manager Accountability
Huntitngton
Process Administrator - Risk Mitigation (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 12, 2018
Was one of the best places that I have worked at. Granted I was very young at the time. I actually had an account with HNB before working there, needless to say I still have an account there. Love what they do for the community and what they stand for as a business.
Personal Banker
Personal Banker/Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Gaines, MISeptember 12, 2018
overworked, crazy hours in the in stores. Advancement based on your manager recommendations and if your manager is not fair and playing politics you will not get advanced. upper management will get a totally wrong idea about your sales and skills.
Raise is based on what your immediate manager will say. If you don't have a fair and good manager then you don't get a raise.
Huntington doesn't have checks and balances when it comes to promoting within and raises. culture is very bad to work in.
Pros
No Pros at all
it was a wonderful place to work
Bank Teller and Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Austintown, OHSeptember 11, 2018
I enjoyed working with all my co-workers. I really liked how they pushed me to be a leader, and work hard all the time. We had many perks working for Huntington
Pros
free lunches, incentives
Cons
more money
Sales Oriented
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHSeptember 9, 2018
Huntington is a very sales oriented work place. Not hitting sales goals could lead to termination. Management focuses more on negative than positive.
Benefits are mediocre, health insurance isn't top notch.
productive and challenging work environment
Modeling Analyst (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 5, 2018
working at Huntington is fun and challenging. employees have the opportunities to work with colleagues from different functions and even collaborate with people from outside the company.
Great Company
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Troy, MISeptember 5, 2018
Huntington looks to grow to be considered as a category of one! Great advancement from within and strive to better the appearance of the company everyday.
Very relaxed environment but fast paced at times. Also needed to be a self starter
Functional Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHSeptember 4, 2018
A typical day at Huntington for me consisted of Making and taking calls. Scheduling meetings, attending meetings and QA Calls. Filing Paperwork and working with confidential information.
I learned a lot at Huntington, working as a Functional Coordinator kept me brushed up on my computer skills. The environment was awesome! Very laid back atmosphere, which to some come have been a downfall but never became a problem for myself being that I am a self started and very responsible.
If I had to pick a hard part to my job, I would have to say dealing with multiple personalities. Even as a people person, sometimes dealing with escalated situations could become a challenge.
Overall, my job was awesome. The company and coworkers made it very exciting to come to work daily. Everyone always had great moral.
Pros
Team outings, meetings outside of the building IE: Restaurants
Severely understaffed
Teller (Current Employee) –  Avon Lake, OHSeptember 4, 2018
Huntington’s grocery store branches are unable to retain employees and are therefore constantly understaffed. Rather than asking themselves why people keep leaving and what could be done to prevent it, management demands more from employees to cover for the losses in staff.
Great place.
Functional Coordinator - Quality Control Team (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 30, 2018
Worked hard and got rewarded for it. Worked in Columbus. Location has electric car hookups. Managers care a lot about employees and their career development.
Competitive and discriminatory
Customer Service for all inbound calls (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 30, 2018
I would go in to work and be Professional towards everyone. I would do my job to the best of my ability and I would leave. I worked for First Merit Bank which was taken over by Huntington. I tried my best to do what my new boss wanted me to do without much training.
Pros
I liked the office work
Cons
Competitive & volatile environment
it paid my mortgage
n/a (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 28, 2018
a grind, always short staffed. There is a big gap between experiences of colleagues in different departments. Too big. it should be more equal.

and I am tired of this now. A lot of transfers with no raise of pay.
please stop
Business Banking Specialist/Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  Cuyahoga Falls, OHAugust 23, 2018
This is going to make for a late night if you make me do this for every company that I worked for. It is a good thing I deleted 3 other companies from my resume
Management needs help
Business Analyst III, Payments Processing Group (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 22, 2018
The managers are in it for themselves. They attempt to promote a culture of "colleague of one" - but unless you are "diversified" then forget it.
Weekend work is expected without any trade off or compensation.
Pros
None that I can think of
Cons
Documentation is unreal. Duplicate effort expended for one task
Na
Co-Manager - Banking Officer (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIAugust 21, 2018
Great place to work, a lot of opportunity for growth, training was very hands on management was personable. I would recommend this company to people who are just starting their professional life
A Bank that has its customers best interest in mind. A lot of career growth if you’re willing to put in the work.
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIAugust 21, 2018
Maintan and grow Customer relationships through lobby engagement phone calls and appointments. Consult with customers reguarding their unique financial picture.
Pros
Great place to work as long as you have the right leaders.
Cons
Management takes a long time to sort out staffing needs.
The Huntington is a great place to grow your career and prosper.
Human Resource Director and E V P (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 21, 2018
My normal day ran from 7:30 AM to 6:00 PM. Multiple HR issues,and the corresponding solution,s were the rule of the day. I had the pleasure of managing a dedicated staff of true HR professionals.
Pros
Working with really terriffic team members each day
Cons
Constant pressure to meet quarterly return projections.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

See reviews about

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight