Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Found 1,602 reviews matching the search See all 1,608 reviews
It’s ok if you like to shove product down peoples throats
Branch Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Swartz Creek, MIJanuary 18, 2019
Worked at Huntington Bank. Everything is goal heavy. Your management cares about nothing else. Not the people. Not the team itself. Everything is product pushing. When First Merit and Huntington combined, Huntington’s Genesee County Area got all of the cut throat managers from First Merit. They like to give people things they don’t need. Very high turn over. I worked with over 20 or more different people within a year of working as a Branch Relationship Banker I
Pros
You Get Paid To Live Healthy
Cons
Everything else is a Joke
No Good
Customer Service Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Linwood, MI 48634January 12, 2019
People are mean and rude. No one helps you learn new things. Just puts you in front of a computer and a customer and walk away. Only worried about sales

Employees are just a number.
Temporary
Call Center Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIJanuary 11, 2019
Great place to work, just a stressful one. Take a lot of calls each day and have time constraints to get all the work done. Managed well, good hours, and good pay.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Stressful
productive, fun customers great atmosphere
Teller 1 (Former Employee) –  Lodi, OHJanuary 10, 2019
I focused on always having a positive attitude, Always carry a smile because it tells everyone that you come in contact with that you are a positive fun person.. I learned alot about banking that i did not know.I worked as a store manager for over 20 years and was told from my dr. need to take a step down and relax, so i went to work at the bank. great experience. Manager was very helpful in problem solving. The work place became very stressful sometimes but as i say positive makes a positive. The hardest part of the job was always trying to make all the customers happy. The most enjoy part of my job was my customers..
Pros
my customers and the people i worked with
Cons
unhappy customers
18 Years
Process Administrator / Paid Lease & Loans (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 9, 2019
I started out in the mailroom and worked my way up to a desk job. I enjoyed my early years there but the further I moved up in the company the more I started to dis like working there.
Pros
job security, vacation earned for years of service
Cons
favoritism
Can be both good and bad
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Mayfield Heights, OHJanuary 8, 2019
Good place to work but some management was great, and others were poor. Semi-stressful if you were not good in sales. Great benefits for both full and part time workers.
Great compensation and opportunity to advance, poor work life balance.
Relationship Banker I (Former Employee) –  Appleton, WIJanuary 8, 2019
Huntington offered great compensation, however lacked in other areas of importance (those being work/life balance and less than impressive leadership). Although there were some negatives, there was a lot for me to take away from this experience. Notably, how to work as an independent and how to think outside of the box when it came to problem solving. The job role itself was quite enjoyable, however there seemed to be a disconnect between upper leadership and hourly employees. I would recommend this position to someone looking to get their foot in the door in the world of banking, probably not so much so to an experienced banker.
Pros
Compensation
Cons
Poor Leadership, Less than ideal work/life balance
workbalance
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 8, 2019
I was looking for a work life balance , needed to have better hours, the company should offer flex hours returning from maternity leave. i would have stayed
Amazing.
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Solon, OHJanuary 7, 2019
Huntington Bank is an absolute amazing and thriving company to work for. The work environment is unbelievably amazing! The staff offers so much help and gifts the trainees with great Knowledge! The pay structure is terrific and the bank takes care of its employees! Loved it there!
Pros
1hr paid lunch
Value statement
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 7, 2019
Huntinton was a good place to work. as with all. companies there are internal issues with staff. i could go on an on but I will leave it at the bank itswlf is great.
Pros
good managment
Cons
changing goals and pay structure
Okay?
Check Card Operations Team Lead (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 7, 2019
I haven't worked for this company in over 5 years. So I'm not exactly sure what I should be putting here. I enjoyed working there during my job. Thanks Indeed...
High Turnover
Mutual Fund Specialist (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2019
Huntington National Bank was an ok employer. I don't know now but back then the employee turnover was very high due managerial issues. Things may have improved .
Intern
Graduate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 6, 2019
They were fair to the interns and provided plenty of opportunities. Management was always willing and able to answer questions we had, and did so in an efficient manner.
Summary
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJanuary 3, 2019
Typical Day, learning, Work Life balance, compensation, Benefits, Management, Job Culture, Medical Dental, Vacation, Sick time, Dental, Short Term Disability
Super Competitive, Sales Driven Environment
Full Time Teller (Former Employee) –  Rockford, MIJanuary 3, 2019
If you like having to constantly push sales, this is the place for you. They are always ultra focused on your sales goals above everything. The in store location hours are not traditional bankers hours and can make work/life balance a chore.
Pros
Good pay, benefits, paid time off
Cons
ultra competitive, non traditional hours, heavily sales driven
Good environment with low work/life balance
Manager (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJanuary 2, 2019
Company tends to overwork their employees and not listen to when more hands are necessary or when current employees are begging for help. They try to focus on work/life balance but do not pay attention to when that is not happening.
Teller (Former Employee) –  Traverse City, MI 49686January 1, 2019
It was a fairly stressful job, but it was nice to be able to have a total of about 2 or so days of paid holidays. Worked well with my school schedule.
Pros
paid vacation days
Cons
Too much pressure
Buy out
Regional Sales & Operations Specialists (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 28, 2018
I was judged on the bank that I came from because Huntington had brought us out and the employees of Huntington were upset because their stock had dropped in price. Employees for Sky Bank had worked hard and Huntington employees did not value anything we had to say about our clients or anything in the region.
Cons
I was leaving
Good place to work if the hours are available
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHDecember 22, 2018
Huntington was a good place to work; nice people and a professional environment. I was just hired on for part time work so I eventually had to find a job elsewhere with reliable hours.
Not much to say
Lead Teller (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 21, 2018
Huntington bought First Merit and a bunch of good people were screwed out of jobs. Bottom line is all big business cares about is money. Happy to leave and move forward

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP25%
In the Top 25% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Huntington Bank.

Powered by Comparably