Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,124 reviews matching the search See all 1,126 reviews
Good people, ok job
Warehouse Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
I worked with a good group of men, had a lot of laughs, but the job was ok. We enjoyed the perks of the Bank, luncheons, bonuses, etc.
The office people were a great group to work with as well, very easy going, very knowledgeable, fun to work with.
Pros
Good group of employees
Cons
Getting paid twice a month
Convenient location
Reconcilement Clerk (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 18, 2018
Location was close to home, enjoyed the people I worked with. Learned about high volume accounts and research for balancing. No stress. Team members were always willing to assist when issues arose with balancing.
Pros
location
Cons
no benefits
Huntington
Vice President - Business Development Leader (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 17, 2018
I started here in the management training program, and progressed from there to assistant manager, manager and then business development. The bank was flexible with schedules and I did job share for approximately 4 years and it was very successful.
Cons
Leadership change caused many staffing changes
V.P. of Group Benefits (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 14, 2018
The corporate bankers/relationship managers were in constant fear of their job. Each new manager brought changes and there was a lot of new managers.

I was on the Huntington Insurance side. We depended on the relationship managers for opening doors. Customers depend on relationships and accountability. Huntington was constantly changing staff, eliminating products, and unable to identify its stride. The Cincinnati office had more troubles than the Columbus office, but the turn-over was higher than any company that I had been with prior.

I did enjoy my job. I liked working with the corporate bankers/relationship managers. They opened many doors but the customers were all small. Growth was a challenge, but not unattainable.

I would expect that many of these concerns were short-term and have been corrected.
Pros
Cross-Selling Model
Cons
unrealisitic goal setting
The most enjoyable part of the job
Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHJune 13, 2018
is the flexible work schedule and the ability of working remote. The workplace culture is also nice, Huntington has an employee appreciation week every year.
High pressure for results
PERSONAL BANKER (Former Employee) –  Fishers, INJune 12, 2018
High pressure for results but good team environment and everyone willing to help each other, good open door policy with my one up!
Its a decent company to be in with potential for growth if you achieve goals.
Good Location, not a nice place to work
Database developer, Data Analyst, Business Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OH 43017June 6, 2018
The manager was not professional. She did not create the conditions for a successful work, the team was gossiping and divided. The Upper management care even less. Full time people abused the system and were mostly working from home and/or spent a lot of time shopping or dining out.
Pros
Good location
Cons
Not professional management
Nice place to work
BANK TELLER (Former Employee) –  North Lima, OHJune 5, 2018
Very quick paced. You really need to know the products and services to be able to excel in this job. It is important to listen to the superiors so you don't do anything to jeopardize your position.
Pros
30 min lunch, Pto
Cons
Only PTO, No sick days, no personal vacation
High stress/sales pressure
Branch Service Manager (Current Employee) –  Lansing, MIJune 3, 2018
Huntington, as a company has the right culture, wanting to always improve customer service, to always do what is right for the customer and supports diversity. But certain areas (depending on the management) don't care about doing what is right for the customer and focus too hard on making sales goals which feel unobtainable. Actions speak louder than words, and the actions that I've witnessed is favoritism amongst those who achieve goal, leadership by fear to those who may need more coaching and training.
Incredibly Stressful
Teller (Current Employee) –  MichiganJune 3, 2018
Huntington is only concerned about making the sales goals, regardless of what is best for the customers. Even the tellers are required to push products without being trained in sales. Working at an in-store means we can potentially work 7 days straight without getting any over time since the in-stores are open 7 days a week. Many customers are uncomfortable doing financial business in a grocery store. In addition to this, the customers get away with screaming at us because we can't always waive their fees. Huntington has definitely gone down the drain just in the 7 months I've been with the company. I would not recommend.
Pros
Pto, Pay
Cons
Micromanaging, expected to be a sales person without being paid to be a sales person.

Want to know more about Huntington Bank?

Ask a question
Great job
Collector (Former Employee) –  Warren, OHJune 1, 2018
Liked the job but unfortunately, they relocated my department over an hour away and we not willing to compensate me in any way if I were to keep the job and travel there each day.
Great work environment
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INJune 1, 2018
I had a pleasant experience working for Huntington Bank. I was a new college graduate and Huntington hired me and allowed me to gain experience in customer service.
Poor management
Teller (Former Employee) –  Acme, MIJune 1, 2018
Someone else summed my feelings up with this statement: Management was do as I say not as I do. Not at all a nice person. We just didn't like each other. She called me into her office on a daily basis for using "Slang" I asked someone for their Sos.Social security number. Everyday it was something new and ridiculous. I am a hard working person and very committed to doing a good job and she was very critical of everything I did. She felt threatened by my skills and knowledge.
My "PA accent" and "slang" was a big thing daily and micromanaging was all she did.
Dont apply here with gray hair or she will for sure let you know she does not approve. How she became a manager of a bank is beyond me.
Never once met anyone in management higher than her. I have never worked for a bank so ridiculous. RUN TO ANY BANK BUT THIS ONE.
I left and found a much better environment at a competitor right away-MUCH HAPPIER.
Pros
Pay
Cons
Manager
Fun learning work place
Relationship sales associate (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 30, 2018
Huntington bank is a great place to work with friendly and eager to learn and teach people new things about the company.the most enjoyable part of the job you could go outside for lunch instead of the cafeteria.
Pros
great bosses
Cons
short breaks
love that place
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 29, 2018
huntington bank was by far the best job I ever had it was so sad they shut down the call center in Holland, mi the management was amazing the people were amazing the environment was amazing
Pros
free lunch leave early
Too long ago
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Delaware, OHMay 28, 2018
I cannot fairly review this company as it has been over 13 years since I worked there and I was only there for a short time. I enjoyed the time I did spend there though.
Negative vibe
RELATIONSHIP BANKER (Current Employee) –  Canton, OHMay 25, 2018
Higher ups are constantly sending out emails and calling out employees that are doing something wrong.. instead of focusing on what's right. Awful hours (in stores) back stabbed. Still employed.. put in my two weeks. Pushy, sales motivated, revenu driven, not good
Pros
Pay
Cons
Everything else
stressful job
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHMay 24, 2018
The bank teller position is very stressful . I was also a float teller and would have to be at different branches through out the week , this had plus and minuses.
had gym and many other connivance fun stuff for families
CSA (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIMay 24, 2018
a day off work was 40 to phone calls i was in charge of the Spanish call i would translate any call that was received in Spanish. love translating and help oyhers
Pros
Very flexible schedule
Cons
had to work sundays and holidays
Inclusive Work Place
Process Administrator (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMay 23, 2018
I loved working here.
In the beginning it was a rocky start for me. Eventually I settled in and started to love my job, the culture, my peers and the BENEFITS!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight