Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Found 1,088 reviews matching the search See all 1,090 reviews
Fun atmosphere
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 4, 2018
You will get to engage with customers regularly and develop strong relationships with them them. The work place culture is fast paced and it can be difficult to focus on operations while making sales at the same time.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
stressful duties
A Great Company
Personal Banker-Senior Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 3, 2018
A typical day with Huntington Banks is always an exciting adventure, helping clients to achieve financial wellbeing and establishing great lasting relationships. What I’ve learned through Huntington Banks is how to successfully coach behaviors and task according to their model. The Huntington Banks management has always been available and willing assist in any endeavor, which has produced a comfortable working environment. The most enjoyable thing is seeing lives change through a complex financial world.
It was a great place to work, but then they changed directions and I became dissa
Treasury Management Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2018
Many of my colleagues became dissatisfied when they continued to lighten the incentive plan, making it harder and harder to reach any type of incentive payout. A large rush of employees within the Commercial and Retail LOB's left the bank. Some had been there for more than 10 years.
Pros
A little more autonomy then mega banks
Cons
Unpredictable executive management
Not a bad company to work for.
Teller (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHFebruary 28, 2018
This is not a bad place to work, but like every workplace there are challenges. The workplace culture varies from branch to branch and from branches to corporate offices, and there is often a feeling that the left hand doesn't know what the right hand is doing, which can cause confusion. The company overall is pretty great, but the employees could be more pleasant to one another when communicating between departments.
not what I expected
banker (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHFebruary 27, 2018
I came from a bank known for being very sales driven so when a position opened at huntington i was super excited! the pay was great, it was close to home and the company treated the employees really well!

I became disappointed within my first few days. my manager excpected me to take customers my 3rd day with barely any training.

I was hired for an RB3 position and was told i would be focusing on business. My manager insisted that i not go to training for business accounts and did not see value in focusing on business banking.

My manager also put a lot of pressure on us to sell. I felt like I was under a microscope and like i was constantly making mistakes in their eyes. It was upsetting that a company that claims to be so customer focused is really only concerned with revenue.

Overall expect to sell and make money for the bank. Incentives are great but the pressure and environment at my branch was toxic and draining. A lot of cold calling as well.
Pros
pay, hours
Cons
high stress, micromanaging, poor management
Outstandfing work environment
V.P., Senior Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLFebruary 27, 2018
Huntington really cares about their employees in regards to family life. They are very competitive in regards to being the best and value what each employee brings to the table. In short, you really matter and are given the tools to succeed. Salary is competitive. Great people.
Pros
Great work environment
Good way to get into banking
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Washington Twp. MIFebruary 27, 2018
Huntington bank was a good place to work. I liked the corporate atmosphere. I didn't like how they gave you one message in training but when you got back to the branch it was nothing like that. It's very competitive which was fun! I loved the 401k and vacation time! I did retail banking and was promised two night shifts a week and 2 weekends a month......I wss closing 4 nights a week and a minimum of 3 Saturday's a month. Overall a good place and lots of advancement opportunities.
Pros
Two weeks of vacation from day one. Good 401k
Cons
Management, and lack of support at times from the branch level.
Great Culture
Banking Manager (Current Employee) –  Grand Rapids, MIFebruary 26, 2018
Great place to grow your banking Career. Huntington National Bank Is very good about providing resources to be successful. Huntington is invested in colleagues to ensure success.
Meeehhhh good experience to build resume
Customer Service Representative/Call Center (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 22, 2018
High stress job. I started drinking everyday when I worked there. They say they care about their customers and employees but there a lot of pressure on both. Sales goals go up every month no matter how long you work there. Sell sell sell ok great but how will I find the time to help the customer in an average of two minutes per customer with an average of a 100 calls in a day. Great benefits and compensation for sales. Base pay is Low for how hard you work.
Pros
Great benefits and training
Cons
No time for the customer unless they are buying
Great Environment
Customer Service Associate I (Former Employee) –  Holland, MIFebruary 22, 2018
Great environment to work at with great bosses who only want the best for you. Answering phones all day can be stressful but the pay was commensurate.
Huntington
Teller (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 22, 2018
good place to work, great work life balance, they have increased there base pay which is good, and them seem to have a good feel for taking care of their employees
N/a
Branch Manager (Former Employee) –  North Canton, OHFebruary 22, 2018
a lot of turn over no work life balance management changes constantly no consistency of expectations compensation was good benefits were good too many hours
Regional Bank Culture
Financial Analyst III /Senior Analyst (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 21, 2018
Very focused on reducing expenses and competing with larger banks. Success is largely based on who you know at this firm and less on what you bring to the table.
management
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2018
Working at HNB at first was a great job. I loved going to work. Then we got new managers and things changed and I did not like working for this company anymore.
rehire experience
Branch Service Manager (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHFebruary 19, 2018
the company when I first worked their was awesome. It had an amazing culture and we had a wonderful tight knit group to work with and we became friends. Things have change recently where they are more concerned about your work there and the numbers and less about work life balance. I believe I was discriminated against and was happy to leave because the culture had changed.
professional and fun environment.
Customer service associate 1 (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 18, 2018
A really good place to work and advance if you work hard enough. managers work with you to the best of their ability. environment is competitive. bring your A game.
Have not worked here for 10 years
team lead (Former Employee) –  Canton, OHFebruary 15, 2018
I have not worked here for at least 10 years so I am not sure if my opinion would count. I am sure the culture at Huntington has changed in that time frame
My Experience
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Okemos, MIFebruary 15, 2018
I loved everyone i worked with, and a great culture compared to some other places i have worked. I would still be there today if it wasn't for an offer at another company that was too hard to pass up on.
Good money, bad management
Teller (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHFebruary 14, 2018
The job itself is not bad. I enjoy the customers and the employees, but the management seems to have been given their promotions based on sales rather than their skills as a manager.

They want you to push sales on people a lot even though a majority of people that come in are either doing deposits for businesses or are regulars that have already heard the offers.

They offer decent wages and the PTO and insurance are really great perks.

The biggest downfall is the micromanaging and basically treating you like you're 5 years old. If you can work past that you're good.
Pros
High starting wage, good benefits
Cons
30 min lunches, micromanaging, talking to you like you're a child
Senior Teller (Former Employee) –  Clinton Township, MIFebruary 13, 2018
Overall Huntington is a good place to work. The people are fun and friendly and they always do what is right for the customer. The hours are good and you also get paid holidays.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight