Huntington Bank Employee Reviews

Sometimes its about who you know.
Relationship Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 27, 2018
Huntington is a great job where you can quickly move up the chain. You have to be willing to proactive with your request. If you are interested in a position , make it known to someone who knows the person to get your name on the radar and it will work wonders.
Great place to start a career
Relationship Banker II (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 26, 2018
A good place to start a career and gain experience to transition elsewhere. If you're a true sales leader, the micro-managing environment will not be appreciated.
Pros
Good retirement package and healthcare benefits
Cons
Poor Management
Productive and always had fun
SENIOR COLLECTION OFFICER (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 26, 2018
I loved working with this company. They were very professional and very understanding to your needs. They made it a pleasure to work for them. The work facility was always clean and they also had a fitness center with showers.
Pros
caferteria
Huntington
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Sebring, OHMarch 26, 2018
Huntington was a nice place to work, but I no longer wanted to work with the public and moved on after receiving my degree in Human Resources and left the company
Great Company as a whole!
Banker (Current Employee) –  Toledo, OHMarch 24, 2018
Currently working for Huntington and I have the best Manager/Superior I have ever worked for!

Pay is good, benefits are good, finding the team you fit well with can be a challenge but is not impossible. Especially if you know your personality well and stick with the company long enough to figure out who you can work well with possibly at a branch other than where you started.

One downfall is when a big change is implemented, more training is imperative to the success of those utilizing whatever it may be on a daily basis.
Pros
Pay, hours, benefits among other things.
Cons
Could give more training when something new is implemented.
Always listening and critiquing
Bank Teller (Former Employee) –  Allegan, MIMarch 20, 2018
Management was do as I say not as I do. Not at all a nice person. We just didn't like each other. She called me into her office on a daily basis for using "Slang" I asked someone for their Sos.Social security number. Everyday it was something new and ridiculous. I am a hard working person and very committed to doing a good job and she was very critical of everything I did. She felt threatened by my skills and knowledge.
Pros
Customers
Cons
Manager.
Very Productive
Section Supervisor/Lockbox (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 19, 2018
Great place to work. Very productive and always looking for ways to improve the process. Benefits package was excellent. Some managers needed to work on the people skills.
Good pay and good benefits
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Escanaba, MIMarch 18, 2018
Hours of operation are too long being they are open later at night and 7 days per week. Too much out of town training especially for those with a family. Relaxed environment and fun staff to be a part of
"Great rmployer
BANKRUPTCY SPECIALIST (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 16, 2018
I enjoyed working there and would go back. Coworkers are friendly.. Updated equipment. Central location. Supervisor was great to work for. Allowed us to be independent
Pros
Clean environment
Cons
no break room
Great starting bank job
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 14, 2018
Bankers starting at Huntington are recruited from all over the service and customer service industries. Huntington has possibly the best and longest training to get their new bankers ready. If you perform well, they will promote you and are very serious about career advancement
Good to learn, not good to stay
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Hilliard, OHMarch 12, 2018
Being a PB at huntington national bank, was challenging as i never wanted to become a salesman..I had to, to become successful with this bank

I learned alot, but quickly realized that i did not want to sell
Pros
learn retail banking from the teller up
Cons
no down time
I was a valued employee and would still be with Huntington if they had not left the area
OPERATIONS MANAGER AND BANK OFFICIER (Former Employee) –  Palm Harbor, FLMarch 11, 2018
I enjoyed my position as Ops Manager with Huntington. We were able to run our office like its own community bank, with decision power to the management team.
Pros
Was a great group of employees
Decent company
Co Branch Manager, Bank Officer (Former Employee) –  Lansing, MIMarch 10, 2018
Huntington pays well, but the culture is horrific. The upper management does not care about anyone but themselves. They dont care about your success, but only if you agree with them.
Pros
Good pay
Cons
Horrible management
Business Loan Closing Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHMarch 10, 2018
The management is dishonest. I would never work there again. Managers hire people they knew from a prior job and they are hired in with no experiance making more money than people that have been working there for years.
Pros
Some of your coworkers are good people.
Cons
Management is terrible and dishonest
Productive and enjoyed working there
Lockbox Specialist (Former Employee) –  Parma, OHMarch 5, 2018
Typical day At Huntington was very structured. I worked with a great group of people that really valued the Bank's policies and procedures.
The hardest or most challenging part of the job was down time or slow days. Trying to find busy work to complete your day.
I enjoyed being on the team performance board.
Pros
Great staff relationship Great Benefits, 401k plan
Cons
system needs to be updated
Great place
VP, Senior Private Client Relationship Manager (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMarch 5, 2018
Good work/life balance, good people, great pay. Incentives to perform well are very good. Execs WANT bonuses to equal annual salary and it is encouraged to try and hit this figure.
All Inclusive job with a great internal communtiy
Personal Banker (Former Employee) –  Wadsworth, OH 44281March 4, 2018
I can't recommend this job enough, one of the best jobs I've ever held. The management would work with you on anything, and your schedule. the atmosphere is wonderful, customer interaction was my favorite part
Fun atmosphere
Relationship Banker (Current Employee) –  Dublin, OHMarch 4, 2018
You will get to engage with customers regularly and develop strong relationships with them them. The work place culture is fast paced and it can be difficult to focus on operations while making sales at the same time.
Pros
decent pay
Cons
stressful duties
A Great Company
Personal Banker-Senior Investment Representative (Former Employee) –  Charleston, WVMarch 3, 2018
A typical day with Huntington Banks is always an exciting adventure, helping clients to achieve financial wellbeing and establishing great lasting relationships. What I’ve learned through Huntington Banks is how to successfully coach behaviors and task according to their model. The Huntington Banks management has always been available and willing assist in any endeavor, which has produced a comfortable working environment. The most enjoyable thing is seeing lives change through a complex financial world.
It was a great place to work, but then they changed directions and I became dissa
Treasury Management Sales Specialist (Former Employee) –  Indianapolis, INFebruary 28, 2018
Many of my colleagues became dissatisfied when they continued to lighten the incentive plan, making it harder and harder to reach any type of incentive payout. A large rush of employees within the Commercial and Retail LOB's left the bank. Some had been there for more than 10 years.
Pros
A little more autonomy then mega banks
Cons
Unpredictable executive management

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Bank. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score

2.9Personal Development

3.2Career Opportunities

2.9Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight