Huntington Learning Center Employee Reviews

Fun Place to Work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 16, 2018
Great place to experience different types of teaching (exam prep, provided learning content, and schoolwork). Work 1 on 1 with all students. Very flexible scheduling, and food is provided for all meetings.
Not for the faint of heart! Great for those with grit!
Managing Director (Former Employee) –  New JerseyJuly 12, 2018
There is an advantage to working at Huntington part-time in one of their centers first, before deciding whether or not you want a full-time position. Learning the curriculum, web applications, and a wide variety of roles while taking on a position of leadership in a center is very stressful. Often times you are taking over for someone who up and quit because they couldn't handle it anymore, leaving you to deal with frustrated and anxious families who are depending on you to ensure their child makes the growth that someone else promised them.
HOWEVER- NO ONE can say that the operations, training, and corporate team don't support you. You will have a dedicated coach with whom you work via phone to prepare you for how to conference with families, an operations manager to help you focus on your urgent tasks and guide you in best practices, and center staff who know the ropes and who also want you to be successful. If you do choose to apply for a full-time management position at Huntington, they will set you up for success as best they can. They will send you to a center to observe for a time- to learn the curriculum and the basic day-to-day operations of the center, and 'get your feet wet' as a teacher. Then, you'll spend a week or two training at corporate in classroom-like training that, bless their hearts, they really want them to be fun for you. You get to know the training staff and enjoy your time with them and appreciate the work they do. Then, it's off to YOUR center!
Do you love making a difference in the lives of others, especially children?
Do you love to learn new
  more... and exciting things?
Are you unafraid of confrontation, able to overcome objections and obstacles, and focus on a variety of tasks at once?
Are you able to quickly and effectively problem solve?
Can you manage a to-do list effectively?
Do you have OUTSTANDING communication skills? Are you a good listener?
Yes to all? Then you'll be just fine at Huntington. Good Luck!
Pros
Opportunities for advancement, great team environment, paid time off, performance incentives, Extended weekends (2.5 day weekend)
Cons
Long days (10 hours), later than average work day (8:30PM), stressful
Productive and fun workplace but limited hours/advancement opportunities
Mathematics Tutor (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, ORJuly 11, 2018
Great, collaborative environment where tutors were given support and freedom to be creative. The Huntington curriculum was well-designed and I felt I had terrific guidance from my supervisors.
Franchisee Owners Awful
Assistant Director (Former Employee) –  Purcellville, VAJuly 4, 2018
While corporate may know what they are doing the local franchisees were clueless as to how to run a business, customer relations, high turnover, competitive benefits. If franchisees took the time to train properly they might run their center better. Business model is great, their experience lacks and is evident in how they treat their staff, tutors and paying customers.
Pros
Tutors were professional
Cons
Salary, benefits, hours, management
A postive atmosphere to work
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Flushing, NYJune 29, 2018
A very structured environment which enhances the children educational growth. Encourages staff to be a positive role model toward all types of learning. Well organized and a belief in education.
Pros
One on One experience with different students
Cons
Only part time positions and low pay
Summary
Teacher supervisor (Current Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 28, 2018
Huntington is a great place to work with the flexibility to work hours after another job. The curriculum is provided and staff support each other with collaboration.
Rewarding Work and Great Supplemental Income...
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Hendersonville, TNJune 24, 2018
Huntington Learning Center will not suffice for a full time job. But it is a great opportunity to extra money doing rewarding work.

Management is very flexible regarding your schedule, and it looks great on resume when applying for future full-time opportunities.
Enjoyed working with the students
Part-time Tutor (Former Employee) –  Oak Lawn, ILJune 18, 2018
I enjoyed working with the students and other teachers. I would with either a small group of students or on-on-one. The only issue I had with management was that we got only 1 week notice that the location I worked at was closing.
Enjoyed my job
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Woodstock, GAJune 12, 2018
I enjoyed my job and the people I worked with. All of my coworkers were fair and honest. All the students were highly motivated and cooperative. My supervisors treated me with respect.
Pros
Flexible hours and positive work environment
Pay not commensurate with work
Teacher (Former Employee) –  Ridgewood, NJJune 11, 2018
Really not worth it for the amount of work you put it. Other learning centers pay more. Working with younger kids can be tough because of the stress their parents put on them.
Interactive Wokrplace
Learning Center Tutor (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FL 32810June 11, 2018
Fun organized workplace with constant interaction with students. Very helpful and collaborative staff who are willing to assist newly trained tutors/teachers on curriculum.
Pros
Occasional free breakfast
Management is unappreciative
Assistant Director (Current Employee) –  OhioJune 7, 2018
As an assistant director, I do a lot for this business and my hard work seems to go unnoticed. There is unfair treatment between full-time staff. I seem to never get a break. I work long hours and sacrifice time with my family for this job because I care about the students. I don't get paid overtime and I don't get benefits.
Being able to teach students and see their academic growth is amazing. My students make me want to come to work every day. The part-time teaching staff is great.
But overall, I feel very underappreciated by upper management.
Poor Compensation
Center Director (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHMay 22, 2018
I was offered a position with a set salary that was not honored. Teachers are not compensated for their hard work and time. Education is not a priority. Worried more about money.
Pros
Cons
Hours
Super
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Perry Hall, MDMay 18, 2018
Great place to work. Super management. Wonderful to work with students. Very flexible hours. Pleasant working environment in all ways. The students are wonderful.
Relaxed Atmosphere
SAT Prep Instructor/Tutor (Current Employee) –  Wayne, NJMay 9, 2018
Great people and the culture allows for individual teaching styles while still being structured enough for those who are not so confident in their teaching skills.
Nice for Supplemental Income
Exam Prep Teacher (Current Employee) –  King of Prussia, PAMay 7, 2018
This is not a full time job and there are no benefits or career advancements. It is a good place to work part time on a teacher's schedule. You meet and connect with a variety of students in order to help them improve test scores or verbal and math skills. You won't know your schedule until a week ahead, but usually you know what to expect based on the students you normally see.
Perspectives
Tutor/Mentor (Current Employee) –  Fresno, CAApril 30, 2018
The application and interview process is very quick. Obtaining the job isn't the problem, it's getting sufficient hours. The beginning of employment is incredibly slow.
Enjoyable and fulfilling
Teacher/Interventionist (Current Employee) –  Coppell, TXApril 29, 2018
As a teacher, this provides an opportunity to do what I find fulfilling which is help people who want help. The success stories are endless. The students are amazing.
The Huntington program has proven effective with students who struggle in school.
CO-ASSISTANT DIRECTOR/LEAD TEACHER (Current Employee) –  North CarolinaApril 19, 2018
Since Huntington is a franchise business, I can only comment on the location in which I work. We have a fantastic team of teachers who work cooperatively and who care about the students. The Center's director is also excellent at her job, and she is a patient supervisor. The standard curriculum is effective. The hardest parts of the job are working with subject driven students and/or exam prep students, since these require additional support material and proficient/expert knowledge on the part of the instructors. If you are interested in making money tutoring, however, this is not the place to work.
Pros
Flexible schedule.
Cons
Low paying.
Loved tutoring, but it won't pay
Tutor (Former Employee) –  Township of Brick, NJApril 19, 2018
The kids could be difficult, but the management team had your back. If the pay was better or the hours more secure, I would love to continue working here.
The job felt like volunteer time to help kids succeed in their goals. It is not a job that will pay the bills, but it did make you feel good seeing the students improve over the course of a few weeks/months.
Even now I'd tell others working at Huntington is a good idea.
Pros
Get to help students succeed
Cons
Not being paid your worth

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Learning Center. Our community is ready to answer.

Women's ratings

2.0Fairygodboss Score

100%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

50%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss