Huntington Memorial Hospital Employee Reviews

Very old place, work space is mixed within patient care. No sufficient resources to complete work.
Information Technology PMO - Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 17, 2018
Job place is very old, the hospital sit non clinical employees near by areas with patient care. No enough resources to complete any work following a schedule. Other than that, the people are wonderful, place has a great cafeteria and the campus on the new side of the hospital is very pleasant.
Workplace Culture
Psychiatric Nurse Per Diem (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJuly 6, 2018
HMH workforce is very supportive of one another. The environment while professional is warm and friendly. Working in the psychiatric unit there were numerous patient crisis that had to be managed. The unit worked well as a team.
Pros
Supportive
Cons
Chaotic
Hands on
STUDENT NURSE (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 26, 2018
I got to do a lot of hands on things that helped with my learning. Nurses were a pleasure to work with for the most part. Nothing negative besides you have to pay for parking.
nurses assistant
Nurses Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntington, INJune 14, 2018
Blood pressures, walked patients, made beds, took vitals, bathed patients when needed, fixed charts for transportation to different facilities, passed meals, helped feed if necessary,
Pros
enjoyment of taking care of patients
Cons
not always enough help
So so
Manager (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 10, 2018
Good pay. Good benefits. Bad for career advancement if you aren't one of the "popular kids." Nearly impossible to get a raise. Nice to work at a hospital with a great reputation.
Wonderful company. Best job ever!
Staff RN,CD Medical Detox Unit (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAJune 7, 2018
Huntington Memorial is the greatest employer due to compensation and benefits. They honor their staff in numerous ways and the hospital itself is beautiful and Magnet certified. I loved working there especially because it was a tight team effort on the detox unit.
Pros
Great compensation and benefits
Cons
Scheduling wasn't flexible
i like it
Transporter (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 31, 2018
even i work i short time in hospital i like to work with them if give aa chance to work again but i said i like to work again on this company.and i want to go back in hungtington hospital if give me a chance
Pros
good schedule
Cons
short break
Great place and people to work with.
C.N.A.(Certified Nursing Assistance) (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 28, 2018
Worked with very experienced and professional workforce, who have a listening ear always and ever willing and amenable to improvements. They are always courteous and willing to make you comfortable.
Pros
Free uniform and writing materials
Cons
Long distance from my home.
great working environment
Registered nurse, travel contract, PACU (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 23, 2018
I am very happy with Huntington Memorial hospital. I worked there as a registry and now as a traveler. I am able to float between PACU and ICU. Everyone is nice and we treat each other as family.
Huntington Hospital
Ambassador (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 22, 2018
In general HMH used to be a great place to work. A new CEO took over and immediately started cutting lots of jobs. I understand business, and have had to make cuts myself as a manager, but that was always the last thing to go, not the first place to start.
Pros
Great benefits.
Cons
New Management
productive, fun place to work , very nice people
Accounts Payable Clerk (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 18, 2018
a typical day for me was to perform my duties and feel i accomplished something at the EOD...learned alot about invoices, terms , taxes, etc...management was great a diverse workplace, nothing hard about the job enjoyed working there met a lot of people would let the employees in my department leave early sometimes on Fridays
Pros
celebrated holidays, free lunchs
Cons
n/a
Good experience getting tio know hospital environment
Junior Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Huntington, NYMay 13, 2018
I joined the junior volunteer program at Huntington Hospital during my sophomore year in high school. The hospital allowed us to assist the nursing staff, kitchen employees, pharmacy or other employees that required help. It was a good learning experience, and allowed me to observe what working at a hospital would be like.
Over all a nice place to work
PAR III Lead/Unit Secretary- ER Admitting (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMay 12, 2018
Huntington Hospital is a good company to work for but management needs improvement. Also the pay should be increased for the cost of living in that area.
Great staff to work with
Employee (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 21, 2018
Huntington is a great place for nurses to work at. Nurses are treated well and respected. They offer great benefits to all employees, but the pay is considerate low. If you are looking to become a nurse, this is the place to go. The new CEO doesn't seem to be pro-employee. The old CEO was really nice and very employee oriented.
porductive and full of posotive energy
floor care (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 13, 2018
working at Huntington hospital was a very well positive learning experience for me f cleaning al sergery rooms and making every room sanitary and working enviroment.the hardest part of my job making sure ther was no cross contamination in any of the rooms for the sergence.
productive work place
Physician Administrative Liaison, AB75 Program (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 9, 2018
great place to work at unfortunately government healthcare reimbursement changes over the years have mandated corporate cut backs that eventually lead to my lay off
Pros
excellent benefits
Cons
very competitive
regular working day
CUSTOMER SERVICE/BILLER/RECEPTIONIST (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 9, 2018
loved and miss working there
everyone is like family there and it was great working there at the business office. everyone in each dept is very friendly and up spirited
Pros
great people
Prestigious Hospital
Staff Registered Nurse (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAApril 4, 2018
The hospital is so beautiful , clean and well managed. The staff turn overs rate is low. The staff are approachable. The hospital holds the mission and vision well.
Loved working at huntington hospital, love working with the public,doctors,and employes,are very friendly. Felt very comfortable there.
Food Service Worker (Former Employee) –  100 W. CALIFORNIA AVE. PASADENA, CAMarch 23, 2018
Huntington hospital, is a very great hospital. The first day I started. I was getting phone comments on me. How much the employes loved my service. Everyday I got calls. On my performance. I loved working there. Doctors employees are very kind. Very clean hospital all coworkers were. Friendly. I had to learn. Everything in that cafeteria. I enjoyed everyday I worked there. I really miss that job. I have not one bad thing to say about there. Thank you
Pros
No free lunch everyday there was money added to our badge
Huntington Hospital is a great place to work
Patient Relations Specialist (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CAMarch 21, 2018
Huntington Hospital does a great job at keeping their employees happy and they are supportive when needed. I would highly recommend this company to any of my friends and family.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington Memorial Hospital. Our community is ready to answer.

4.3