Huntington Employee Reviews

imagine
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Willoughby, OHMay 7, 2018
Imagine a salesperson who is good at sales, gets promoted. Now, that person is your boss. The entire company doesn't know how to manage. Also, there is no management training or retraining.
Pros
they can hire non-management well. Good with customers.
Cons
behind closed doors, they are just like all other banks.
Banker (Current Employee) –  WisconsinApril 24, 2018
I Love Huntington. Sales goals are pretty high but you hit them evey once in a while. Good opportunities for advancement. Great products and services.
Decent
Teller (Current Employee) –  MichiganMarch 7, 2018
The pay and benefits are really what keep me here. There's a lot of micromanaging and the non-sales colleagues are expected to sell products without having the proper training. What is learned during the teller training is not the same as what's taught in the branch. In-store hours prevent any sort of work/life balance. We are required to stand all day since they think if you're not standing, you're not working.
Pros
Benefits, pay
Cons
Standing all day, micromanaging, lack of training
Volunteer
Volunteer (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CANovember 21, 2017
I was only volunteering for this public library and cultural center for awhile because I wanted to build some good career experiences to bring into the work environment wherever it may be in society.
Pros
Experiences
Cons
No pay
amazing colleagues and when manager went on medical leave they were fantastic with spreading out the work force. However, salary is lacking.
Banker (Current Employee) –  Edgerton, OHNovember 20, 2017
Huntington is by far the BEST place I have ever worked. My branch is fairly small but they accommodated so quickly its hard to ignore. The amazing feeling of helping people in financial distress is amazing, but it's made me realize I want to give more to the world than just assistance, I want to help families and troubled individuals even more so. Working for them is the best decision of my life but sadly it made me realize i want to give more. I am extremely happy with my position and would absolutely love to move up in the company but at the same time I've come to the realization that I want to give more than they have to offer. Amazing business practice but would like to be more involved with upper management than I currently am.
Pros
commission, a lot of paid time off, holiday pay, fantastic work environment, competitive environment, great opportunity to advance, fantastic business practice, opportunity to help people.
Cons
smaller than i'd like, low pay, small town clientele at my branch.
relaxed retail rx
Technician, Congress (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 19, 2017
very balance work flow typing and filling rxs in a diverse pharmacy. learned alot about diabetes and medical billing as well as cashiering and purchasing
Humtington hired me to do a job. I was happy to work..
Private Caregiver (Former Employee) –  Pasadena, CANovember 8, 2017
Huntington Home care went out of business. I was desperately looking for work. The high cost of living in Pasadena California my husband and I both had to work. I was so happy to work , I worked from 11 p.m. to 7 a.m. plus weekends so many times I could not get a relief person Huntington Home Care did not provide an assistant or a rellief person to help me do the job. Their staff management people were nice to me. When I did finally get a relief person ,I would come back to work and the client would be bruised from falling or someone was not providing the proper care for the client, so I did not want to be involved in writing accidents reports constantly. I made a complaint to the company but it didn't help any, eventually Huntington Home Care went out of business.. I do not like to complain I am av positive thinking honest person and I always try to see the bright side of everything.
Pros
I was lookimg for work, i got the job
Cons
I had no relief person that i could trust with the client.
good
Production Supervisor, Special Metals a PCC (Former Employee) –  Huntington, WVNovember 2, 2017
ok long hours money was good no future your a number not a human. management for the most part lies they draft you at the end of the shift so you can't leave. they elevate production requirements to make numbers look good. Management gets their bonus but supervisor's and hourly don't they advertise bonus programs but unless you are upper management you won't get it.
Pros
money keeps you coming back
Don’t go to Huntington
DDA Collector (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHOctober 25, 2017
I liked the people but the location was not great. I used to be sick and stressed out about going to work. Training was not enough. I learned as I go.
Pros
Pay co workers
Management poor
Teller (Former Employee) –  Frankenmuth, MIOctober 10, 2017
This company doesn't care about its employees or how well you treat the customers... it's all about who you can snowball in the corporate ladder... I worked for the most horrific human being had the best customer service skills and scores and still was treated terribly by management.. do not take a job for this company.
Cons
Terrible healthcare and management
The only downside was the customers
Tutor (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 6, 2017
Huntington is a great place to work. The only downside is that some of the customers can be bratty. Management is great, and they are very flexible with work hours.
Poor management and no room for advancement
Relationship Banker (Former Employee) –  Flint, MIOctober 4, 2017
I was an in store colleague and promised advancement if shown the ability to do the job. Was placed in a branch that never met the company's high expected goal. So was never able to move because of that. Management put me down because this job is sales sales sales and I was looking out for custome first. Company's turning into the next Wells Fargo and employees see that
Pros
Pay
Cons
Short breaks, management, work life balance
challemging , productive and fun place to work .
Patient Care Associate (PCA) (Current Employee) –  Pasadena, CAOctober 3, 2017
Huntington memorial hospital has an amazing work environment, all the staff always make you feel welcomed, I would highly recommend anyone to apply at Huntington.
i great place to get customer sevice experience.
Personal Banker (Current Employee) –  New Wilmington, PASeptember 23, 2017
I have learned a lot about working with the public. with this knowledge i hope to expand into the traveling work place. i have always wanted to be a flight attendent.
Stressful and not a great work environment
Clerk (Former Employee) –  Huntington Beach, CASeptember 14, 2017
At HB hospital, I felt that my manager treated me unfairly. The job environment was unclean especially for being a hospital. I was really unhappy there.
Pros
N/a
Comfortable and good atmosphere
Process Administrator /Research Department (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OhioSeptember 6, 2017
Start you day off with check report. making sure customer checks matched account. fast pace environment which you must be a quick learner. Friendly staff
Pros
Team work
Cons
Pay
Imaging Assistant (Current Employee) –  Columbus, OHAugust 26, 2017
Huntington has various departments. I've worked in the imaging department for the second year in a row and the atmosphere is quiet yet productive. You will never be bored because there's always work to do. The people are great and the potlucks are awesome
Pros
Great work experience
Cons
Short breaks
Just how you would imagine a big corporation
Solutions Specialist (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 24, 2017
I originally started FirstMerit and I loved it. Understanding management, and good benefits. FirstMerit was purchased by Huntington and I am now just a number to them. Very cut-throat. No positive reinforcements or incentives in my department. Horrible corporate communications. Procedures change constantly with no alerts or notifications.
Pros
It's a nice building
Cons
No personal freedom or work/life balance
horrible place for a career
held multiple positions (Former Employee) –  ohio valleyAugust 23, 2017
I thought the other banks I worked for treated their employees badly, until I worked for Huntington. They take the cake!!! Horrible work environment, very poor and unqualified management, corrupt and unethical policies and procedures. Huntington tellers and bankers are treated like dirt by the middle and upper management. The only position that Huntington hires for within is the Relationship Banker, nothing else. So if you are a teller you have opportunity for only one level of advancement. Every other position is filled from outside sources. Negative reinforcement and constant threats of loss of employment are the name of the game at good ol' HNB.
Pros
better pay than most banks
Cons
everything else
HNB doesn't take care of employees
Teller (Former Employee) –  ZanesvilleJuly 31, 2017
I feel like Huntington doesn't value their employees. They try to shove people out after they have been there for a while. It's cheaper for them to hire new people at lower pay than to keep the senior employees.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntington. Our community is ready to answer.