Huntleigh USA Employee Reviews

Poor Company
Security (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 12, 2019
This is a poor company to work for. No benefits, pay is terrible for the stress you have to deal with, and management does not care about anyone but themselves and their paycheck. No room to grow and just very unorganized and dysfunctional.
Lead Cabin Cleaners
Lead Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 1, 2019
Performance duties too varied and diverse to be classified in any specific office clerical occupation, requiring limited knowledge. Have to work real quickly
I got hurt very bad
Ticket Agent (Former Employee) –  Kenner, LAJune 22, 2019
They didn't want to rehire me once I was able to go back to work .Its sad because my job was safe .they lied my job was not saved now I'm looking for a job
Ok for a starter job.
Passenger Service Agent (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 10, 2019
It was a good starter job. I worked there for about three years. The manager and the whole PSA teamwork was a little messy. I didn't want to get into the gossip or drama that other PSA's had with the dispatchers or what people say behind each other's backs. Sometimes I had fun joking with the good PSAs, but I had problems with people discriminating a friend of mine. I don't like it at all and it hurts me to see people do that.
Work exexpectation
Screener, Wheelchair Attendant (Current Employee) –  Anchorage, AKMay 30, 2019
Fast pace, plenty free time, some tips, easy work, lifting,
Friendly atmosphere. If you a people person you will like working here. Coworkers are great
Pros
Tips
Cons
No benefits
Fun Place to Work with Zero (Benefits, Vacation Pay and Overtime Pay)
Dispatcher (Current Employee) –  Colorado Springs, COMay 26, 2019
Worked 2 days (Sunday and Monday) a week as a part-time employee for almost two years. As a part-time employee I received zero benefits. But I liked the people I worked with, the teamwork, team spirit and you get to meet a lot of people from different background.

On top of having zero benefits, I also do not get overtime pay and holiday pay (even when most public USA holiday falls on a Monday).

As for the salary I get paid $8.95 per hour (the minimum wage for Colorado for 2019 is $11.10), so I'm being paid below the minimum wage. To add insult to injury any tip you make will need to be declared in order to make up the $2.15 difference in the salary and minimum wage. So hypothetically if you make more tip than your salary, then Huntleigh would cost them nothing in salary. Good for Huntleigh but bad for the employee who provide exceptional service to the customer.

At one time one of the full-time employee I worked with broke a number of rules (insubordination, leaving work premises without authorization during work hours, deliberate non-performance at work, late at work, and disregards to part-time employee specially me). Yet when I had a meeting together with the Manager, the said full-time employee, and myself. I feel I was the one that at fault because I brought it all out in the open. The full-time employee never got terminated and only given first verbal warning. So major favoritism by the Management.

Even as a part-time employee I do the best of my ability beyond the job descriptions compared the full-time employee.
Pros
Fun place to work and meet a lot of different people
Cons
Zero Benefits, No Paid Vacation, No Overtime Pay, Favoritism by Manager
Great to work everyone very friendly
Sky cap porter (Current Employee) –  Huntleigh, MOMay 20, 2019
Great place to work and grow with the company.dense pay and benefits.everyone very helpful friendly.love working with the traveling public. You see lots of different peoples.some famous and non famous.i just like to work at airport helping people.
Pros
Dense breaks and lunch breaks
Cons
Little lack of overtime hours.
It’s great if you just want to kill time but.
Wheelchair Agent (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXApril 24, 2019
For the work you’ll be doing the pay isn’t enough sometimes. Tips will either make or break your salary. I’d recommend Huntleigh giving a pay raise of $10 for wheelchair attendants.
Pros
The environment is fun always changing you’ll never be bored.
Cons
The environment is always changing and other departments look down on you.
Do not apply unless absolutely necessary
Baggage Handler (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAApril 15, 2019
Their are no benefits when signing on. There is nowhere specifically to put your belongings, other than a small corner in the office. There is no lunch area to eat so, I've had to eat in the baggage claim area while passengers were coming in. The turnover is incredibly high to the point I stopped bothering to memorize names, as they usually left after a few days to 2 weeks.

Pay for some positions is commission based, is incredibly inconsistent, and impossible to live on. For the non-commission based jobs, the pay caps out early on with little to no chance of advancement.

There are long periods of quiet everyday, so you can catch your breath from the hustle of the job if need be. That and the work is fairly easy to understand.
Pros
Fairly easy work, long dry periods
Cons
No benefits, no time off, no break area, high turn over, no advancement opportunities
nope
Airport Customer Service Agent (Former Employee) –  SeaTac, WAApril 14, 2019
its a good job, but people werent helpful, lack of communication, my check kept missing hours, tired of the people, some didnt want to do their job so i had to do more work than i was being paid for.
Pros
Cons
they stink
clean planes
Cabin Cleaner (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXApril 10, 2019
i really don't care for the jobs they never want to promote people when they see them working hard , they only promote people that don't work hard at all.
Pros
lazy
Cons
they take away hours
Must be able to lift heavy stuff
CUSTOMER SERVICE AGENT (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXMarch 16, 2019
Great place to work for just very low or no management, didn't have enough people to go underground to baggage claim so I was the one to go down there cause I had a specific letter on my badge. Airport was nice got to see some celebrity's and No overtime. Hardest part about working there was you had to lift heavy bag by your self sometimes and no one to help you.
Fun work place
Terminal Manager (Current Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 15, 2019
Assign work schedules, following work requirements, to ensure quality and timely delivery of service. Train workers in proper operational procedures and functions and explain company policies.
Observe and evaluate workers' appearance and performance to ensure quality service and compliance with specifications.
Meet with managers or other supervisors to stay informed of changes affecting operations. Inform workers about interests or special needs of specific groups.
Apply customer/guest feedback to service improvement efforts.
Recruit and hire staff members.
Set terminal budgets and set goals to adhere to plans.
Just lookin for something better with more pay
Cabin Cleaner (Current Employee) –  Houston, TXFebruary 4, 2019
When I became a supervisor I was basically in charge of aircraft cleaning some days u will great days n some Will be stressful but I learned how to maintain it
Very much busy
Customer Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJanuary 28, 2019
Running on your feet up and and down no break too 6-7 at night Impatient customer rudeness and bossy people you stay at the airport more than you go home
Pros
Down time
Cons
Sorry breaks
Not the best place to work
Preboardscreener (Former Employee) –  Cleveland, OHJanuary 15, 2019
They are ok to work for but I am sure there are better places to work no benefits or 401k no raises but they are not too bad it's the management and some of the employees that make it bad seriously
Pros
They will hire you
Cons
Low pay
good company!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  San Diego, CAJanuary 6, 2019
Its a nice and big company they will take care of you and your family, you can choose what position you want to work with but you can also change back
Pros
easy job, lot of tips and cool managers
Cons
they got laid off
Interesting experience
Dispatcher (Former Employee) –  Salt Lake City, UTDecember 28, 2018
This company is no longer active in SLC that I know of, contract was changed to another company, they are no longer there either. Never felt like you had any job security.
fun work place
Skycap (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LANovember 3, 2018
take the time to listen and understand what the passenger wants and need from you. make sure they have all of their belongings before leaving them. treat the passengers with respect from the moment we meet till the end
Fun, interesting work.
Skycap (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNOctober 25, 2018
This was the first contract job I had. I began to move up in the company and began shift supervisor training which I used when I transfered to Prime Flight Aviation

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntleigh USA. Our community is ready to answer.