Huntsman Employee Reviews

Great
Sr. Instrumentation & Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 9, 2018
Safe environment with skilled people around me with educated staff to support special projects. Friendly coworkers that made for a good day's work. Thank you.
Great Benefits
Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Augusta, GAAugust 7, 2018
very challenging - new plant start-up
401K - 6% automatic / up to 5% match
low cost health insurance
Bonus Program
The plant is 24/7 with 2-3-2 schedule
a typical day at work
Delivery Creation Advisor/Customer Service Advisor (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXAugust 3, 2018
Come into work, sign into your computer, and take care of all the incoming emails. Also make sure you take you lunch break I am finished with this review. thank you very much.
My experience at Huntsman
Instrumental Project & Reliability Manager (Former Employee) –  Provincia di Grosseto, ToscanaJuly 30, 2018
An international environment with solid Procedure body and behavioral improvement plans, especially related to safety. Strong ethics and vision. The Corporate influence tends to loosen while passing to the local facilities.
Pros
International environment with high standards
Cons
Capillarity to facilities can be improved
Stressful high paced environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 24, 2018
So stressful you do not have time for breaks. I did learn SAP during my time with Huntsman. Management is not concerned about their customers/ long term employees. The culture is not a caring or engaging. The common theme of customer service associates is the most enjoyable part of the day was leaving work at the end of the day. The department is a revolving door.
Pros
Long term employees receive pension
Cons
Shorter term employees do not receive pension
Good company
Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 22, 2018
Good small facility to work with good crew of people. Close proximity to The Woodlands headquarters makes for a dynamic work environment. Good integration with R&D, business and operations. It really felt like they have their act together.

Enjoyed the work/life balance with the company. Work was interesting, challenging and not overbearing.
It's a great place to work
Material Manager/Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXJuly 19, 2018
Its a great place to work
I have been there for over six years. They have always treated me fairly. The new change in management will be a concern in the future.
Productive and great environment
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TXJuly 14, 2018
Huntsman is by far the best job I have ever had the team here is on time and organized. If you have any doubts don't worry it is a great move and will excel your operations experience.
Location was too far
Supplier Relationship Manager (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJuly 10, 2018
Good Company, location not convenient for me. Great people and challenging work - good teams and groups/ very modern facility with great services and perks
It was a great place to Work
Production Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2018
I like the workplace culture, I learned a lot how to do batches and performed safety observations. It had a good management and friendly people in the work place.
Enjoyed the people
Senior Telecommunication Engineer (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 19, 2018
I was a contractor at Huntsman and enjoyed the people with whom I worked. It was a mistake to leave the job. The only drawback was that I was the only one who performed the task for a global company and I could not take off time at times including holidays due to changes occurring in other regions globally.
Pros
people were great. location. hourly rate
Cons
not able to schedule time off
Great company to work for.
Supervisor II, Operations Team Leader, Ops Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXJune 14, 2018
Good people to work around . Site management maintains a safe and healthy workplace. Site personnel works hard to ensure the site maintains compliance with all agencies.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Admin. Asst.
Office Specialist / Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXJune 7, 2018
I worked for this Company for 17+ years. I was initially contract or 2 years before becoming permanent for 17 years. There were 3 job reorganizations after changing from Texaco to Huntsman. There were 54 employees that lost their job with the reorganization the ended my position. It was a wonderful family to work for as the Huntsman's really ran a great business.
Review Summary
Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
The workplace consisted of older folks, but I felt welcomed and they were all very helpful. Any questions I had were answered in a concise, detailed manner.
former employee
Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 1, 2018
Mininmal job security. The work load is extreme. Not enough employees to cover the work load. Management could do a better job. The benefits are great but the pay is low.
Flexible &
Senior Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
Huntsman has a flexible and relaxed work ethic. They really care about their employees and they foster growth- personal and professional. The staff is very friendly in all offices.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
communication between offices
Okay place to get experience
All Positions (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 10, 2018
You can start here to get experience. This is a company that make the employee do work for two people. Pay is below average and benefits are bellow average comparison to other Specialty chemical companies like Lyondell, Enterprise and Ascend.
Pros
great expeience
Cons
ive seen people fired for common mistake and people stay for worse mistakes
Independent work environment
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXMay 8, 2018
Must be a self starter, learn independently, and work individually all while meeting aggressive work deadlines. Co-workers generally helpful and courteous.
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Long work hours
Unpleasant
Audit Sr., Corporate Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 2, 2018
Must play workplace 'politics' or be a favorite to advance or be considered valuable. Lots of nepotism within the Texas office, and obvious preference for Mormon faith followers. No fond memories of my time there.
Started out decent, went down hill
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, ILMay 2, 2018
Production works 12 hr shifts. And changes from overnights to days every 4 weeks. Morale was at an all time low when I left and had been getting worse. The only thing I miss, the people I worked with day to day. Most everyone there is top notch. But are not treated that way.
Pros
People
Cons
Toxic work environment

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsman. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight