Huntsman Employee Reviews

Productive and great environment
Process Operator (Current Employee) –  Dayton, TXJuly 14, 2018
Huntsman is by far the best job I have ever had the team here is on time and organized. If you have any doubts don't worry it is a great move and will excel your operations experience.
It was a great place to Work
Production Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2018
I like the workplace culture, I learned a lot how to do batches and performed safety observations. It had a good management and friendly people in the work place.
Enjoyed the people
Senior Telecommunication Engineer (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJune 19, 2018
I was a contractor at Huntsman and enjoyed the people with whom I worked. It was a mistake to leave the job. The only drawback was that I was the only one who performed the task for a global company and I could not take off time at times including holidays due to changes occurring in other regions globally.
Pros
people were great. location. hourly rate
Cons
not able to schedule time off
Great company to work for.
Supervisor II, Operations Team Leader, Ops Analyst (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXJune 14, 2018
Good people to work around . Site management maintains a safe and healthy workplace. Site personnel works hard to ensure the site maintains compliance with all agencies.
Pros
Great pay and benefits
Admin. Asst.
Office Specialist / Office Coordinator (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXJune 7, 2018
I worked for this Company for 17+ years. I was initially contract or 2 years before becoming permanent for 17 years. There were 3 job reorganizations after changing from Texaco to Huntsman. There were 54 employees that lost their job with the reorganization the ended my position. It was a wonderful family to work for as the Huntsman's really ran a great business.
Review Summary
Lab Intern (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCJune 6, 2018
The workplace consisted of older folks, but I felt welcomed and they were all very helpful. Any questions I had were answered in a concise, detailed manner.
former employee
Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAJune 1, 2018
Mininmal job security. The work load is extreme. Not enough employees to cover the work load. Management could do a better job. The benefits are great but the pay is low.
Flexible &
Senior Interior Designer (Former Employee) –  New York, NYMay 23, 2018
Huntsman has a flexible and relaxed work ethic. They really care about their employees and they foster growth- personal and professional. The staff is very friendly in all offices.
Pros
Bonuses
Cons
communication between offices
Okay place to get experience
All Positions (Current Employee) –  Conroe, TXMay 10, 2018
You can start here to get experience. This is a company that make the employee do work for two people. Pay is below average and benefits are bellow average comparison to other Specialty chemical companies like Lyondell, Enterprise and Ascend.
Pros
great expeience
Cons
ive seen people fired for common mistake and people stay for worse mistakes
Independent work environment
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXMay 8, 2018
Must be a self starter, learn independently, and work individually all while meeting aggressive work deadlines. Co-workers generally helpful and courteous.
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Long work hours
Unpleasant
Audit Sr., Corporate Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 2, 2018
Must play workplace 'politics' or be a favorite to advance or be considered valuable. Lots of nepotism within the Texas office, and obvious preference for Mormon faith followers. No fond memories of my time there.
Started out decent, went down hill
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, ILMay 2, 2018
Production works 12 hr shifts. And changes from overnights to days every 4 weeks. Morale was at an all time low when I left and had been getting worse. The only thing I miss, the people I worked with day to day. Most everyone there is top notch. But are not treated that way.
Pros
People
Cons
Toxic work environment
Short internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXApril 30, 2018
Unable to provide enough information as it was only a two month internship.

Typical day at work was working for different engineers and assisting them with their current assignment that day.

Wasn't hard, was not given difficult work as a simple intern.

Enjoyable was being able to see the what each different types of work based on what kind of engineer I was working for.
n/a
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 15, 2018
Lots of learning opportunities.Room to advance. Great benefits...vacation.health sick time. paid lunch breaks. free work uniforms. clean breakrooms. new equipment.
Buyer (Purchasing dept)
Buyer- Contracts and Services (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 22, 2018
-Overall very laid back atmosphere
-No job advancement opportunity
-Great work/life balance
-off at 3 on Fridays
-subpar pay
-great benefits
-management in department was dependent on which team you were on; large variance in talent
Good pay
Product Manager Construction Grade Pigments (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 19, 2018
Huntsman compensates fairly and is a good place to work. It is a solid company with a good employee culture. It has many opportunities for advancement.
huntsman
Shift Supervisor-Production (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2018
it was a competitive place to work. we had old machinery in which we had to make work. the employees had to endure sub par equipment to make production quota. corporate did not understand or care about the plant problems
great place to work
Supervisor, General Foreman and Welder (Former Employee) –  south AlabamaFebruary 25, 2018
Was always different, never knew what would break what you would be doing. Huntsman was great place to work. was into making resin for airplanes. People and hours was amazing.
Bad experience - Proceed with caution.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2018
This site is small and tends to fly under the radar and career growth is doubtful unless you move to Texas. Too many managers have their own agenda and there is little to no team effort. I would suggest that upper management audit this site's management team to make sure they are following company policies and procedures. Would not recommend working in the production or warehouse departments at this site.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay, training, emphasis on safety.
Cons
Cronyism, favoritism, overall lack of ethics, no integrity, unqualified people promoted to management, unprofessional environment, company really only cares about its stockholders.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Buyer, Contracts and Services (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Good atmosphere. Decent pay. Work life balance is good. I really like middle management but they have their hands tied on several issues. Standard internal politics are in play but nothing too bad.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsman. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.1InHerSight Score

1.8Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight