Huntsman Employee Reviews

Independent work environment
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXMay 8, 2018
Must be a self starter, learn independently, and work individually all while meeting aggressive work deadlines. Co-workers generally helpful and courteous.
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Long work hours
Unpleasant
Audit Sr., Corporate Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 2, 2018
Must play workplace 'politics' or be a favorite to advance or be considered valuable. Lots of nepotism within the Texas office, and obvious preference for Mormon faith followers. No fond memories of my time there.
Started out decent, went down hill
Former employee (Former Employee) –  Ringwood, ILMay 2, 2018
Production works 12 hr shifts. And changes from overnights to days every 4 weeks. Morale was at an all time low when I left and had been getting worse. The only thing I miss, the people I worked with day to day. Most everyone there is top notch. But are not treated that way.
Pros
People
Cons
Toxic work environment
Short internship
Internship (Former Employee) –  Freeport, TXApril 30, 2018
Unable to provide enough information as it was only a two month internship.

Typical day at work was working for different engineers and assisting them with their current assignment that day.

Wasn't hard, was not given difficult work as a simple intern.

Enjoyable was being able to see the what each different types of work based on what kind of engineer I was working for.
n/a
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Augusta, GAApril 15, 2018
Lots of learning opportunities.Room to advance. Great benefits...vacation.health sick time. paid lunch breaks. free work uniforms. clean breakrooms. new equipment.
Buyer (Purchasing dept)
Buyer- Contracts and Services (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 22, 2018
-Overall very laid back atmosphere
-No job advancement opportunity
-Great work/life balance
-off at 3 on Fridays
-subpar pay
-great benefits
-management in department was dependent on which team you were on; large variance in talent
Good pay
Product Manager Construction Grade Pigments (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 19, 2018
Huntsman compensates fairly and is a good place to work. It is a solid company with a good employee culture. It has many opportunities for advancement.
huntsman
Shift Supervisor-Production (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2018
it was a competitive place to work. we had old machinery in which we had to make work. the employees had to endure sub par equipment to make production quota. corporate did not understand or care about the plant problems
great place to work
Supervisor, General Foreman and Welder (Former Employee) –  south AlabamaFebruary 25, 2018
Was always different, never knew what would break what you would be doing. Huntsman was great place to work. was into making resin for airplanes. People and hours was amazing.
Bad experience - Proceed with caution.
Warehouse (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCFebruary 24, 2018
This site is small and tends to fly under the radar and career growth is doubtful unless you move to Texas. Too many managers have their own agenda and there is little to no team effort. I would suggest that upper management audit this site's management team to make sure they are following company policies and procedures. Would not recommend working in the production or warehouse departments at this site.
Pros
Good benefits, decent pay, training, emphasis on safety.
Cons
Cronyism, favoritism, overall lack of ethics, no integrity, unqualified people promoted to management, unprofessional environment, company really only cares about its stockholders.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Buyer, Contracts and Services (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Good atmosphere. Decent pay. Work life balance is good. I really like middle management but they have their hands tied on several issues. Standard internal politics are in play but nothing too bad.
Good place to work if you like overtime.
OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Dayton, TXFebruary 14, 2018
Once you arrived you had to hit the ground running taking inventories are loading/unloading trucks, writing safe work permits/start work permits and whatever else is taking place that day. Very busy environment not much time to sit down and get caught up with required computer safety training.
Pros
Good Pay
Cons
Working a lot of overtime
closed
LAB TECH SUPERVISOR/SALARY EMPLOYEE (Former Employee) –  South Deerfield, MAJanuary 25, 2018
this position within the company no longer exists. Again this position is no longer existing. It was overall a good place to work but is non existant
Production Operator of Advanced Materials (Current Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJanuary 21, 2018
I enjoy working here, very busy and makes my day go by super fast, the products we make are really high quality products and I am glad we get to products for large well known comapies
Culture is becoming toxic
Former employee (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Pay, benefits and work-life not the best not the worst. Frequent reorgs. caused fear every holiday season. 4 presidents in 7 years. Upper management come and go. Career growth very limited. Promotions based on politics more than merit blatant in recent years. Managers more disqualified and relied more on politics to keep authority. HR hostile. No training but dragging and squeezing. Overall morale going down. Safety issues can be covered up. Products and services less competitive. Dedication rewarded by insults. Accomplishments viewed as threats. Corporate attitude "we can go without you" rather than "you are valuable". A good place for some egos to make mistakes and let the company pay. A risky place for long term commitment.
Pros
good location
Cons
limited career growth
Needs better management
International Export Coordinator (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 10, 2018
Healthcare pretty good. Management was not. Some positions are overwhelming with the work others didn't have enough to last the day. Pay was low, comparatively. Men paid more than the women even when the women had more experience.
Pros
healthcare etc
Cons
bad management, low pay
My first love - unforgettable in every way
Business Development Manager (Former Employee) –  Vlaams-BrabantJanuary 1, 2018
I would strongly encourage any young talent to knock on the door of this company. Top management is very supportive and they are going to push you over and above any limit you might have and make the best of you. Pervasive passion and a great feeling of belonging to a successful group is something to loose your sanity for.
It's a job/paycheck mentality
Customer Advisor II (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 6, 2017
Worked most the day with supply chain, logistics, production specialists, purchaser's/buyers and sales management through email and phone.

My team would work production orders/changes/requests of any kind and make it happen. We would start the material production through SAP system application to ensure it was received from point A (our manufacturing plant) to point B(customer).

We had 4 different managers in 4 years. The first three were some of the best managers I've ever had, very qualified with more than enough experience. The most recent, was the worst manager I've ever had for many reasons. I was informed by senior managers and our department's vice president that didn't think my current manager was qualified.

A majority of the co-workers were a huge reason for staying and they made the day more enjoyable(very friendly groups of people).

The job itself became redundant after a year of working there. Very little is learned after the first year of working in this job and the company offered little to no room for advancement or meaningful project work to keep someone motivated.
Pros
Co-worker relationships, chemical industry operating experience
Cons
Very little room for advancement
Horrible Support in HR
Corporate Recruiter (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 5, 2017
Very unprofessional team in HR Shared services department. The manager let them do as they please. They are stuck in their ways and will not help streamline and make hiring process more efficient. Would hire more green employees to help alleviate issue.
Good place to work with family atmosphere.
Senior Project Engineer (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXNovember 29, 2017
Good place to work. Company was private and family owned. I had the opportunity to work on almost all processing units at the plant site. Given a lot of responsibility and a wide range of assignments..

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsman. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

InHerSight Score
2.1

1.8Personal Development

1.9Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight