Huntsman Culture reviews

Co-workers
Supply chain planner (Current Employee) –  Ringwood, ILApril 3, 2019
Huntsman is a great place to work for, although there might be a few bad apples to work with here and there. But for the overall it is a good place. Great benefits
Pros
Great benefits
Outdated Everything
Information Technology Specialist (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 18, 2019
Outdated Culture, Outdated Dress code, Outdated Office, Outdated Technology, Outdated Management, Low expectations. However, everyone is very friendly.
Working at Huntsman
Human Resources Business Partner (Former Employee) –  United StatesFebruary 11, 2019
Very good family - like culture. Work alongside competitive, smart and progressive professionals. New ideas are encouraged. Respect and integrity is never compromised.
Fun place to work
Customer Service (Former Employee) –  East Lansing, MIJanuary 2, 2019
Great people, great pay and benefits. However limited jobs available with the company in East Lansing, MI. Huntsman is a great company to work for however.
Pros
Great People
Excellent middle management.
Project Manager (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXDecember 4, 2018
Good checks and balance regarding IT management oversight and involvement. Friendly work environment coupled with work place amenities. Nice place to work!
Pros
Great amenities
Cons
Location (traffic due to ongoing construction)
Good people
Document Control Specialist (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXOctober 6, 2018
Huntsman is a good company to work for, excellent TA planner group, honest people, integrity. Chem plant has been in operation many years, workplace culture enjoyable
Cons
SAP update in process
Great
Sr. Instrumentation & Electrical Designer (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXAugust 9, 2018
Safe environment with skilled people around me with educated staff to support special projects. Friendly coworkers that made for a good day's work. Thank you.
Stressful high paced environment
Customer Service Associate (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJuly 24, 2018
So stressful you do not have time for breaks. I did learn SAP during my time with Huntsman. Management is not concerned about their customers/ long term employees. The culture is not a caring or engaging. The common theme of customer service associates is the most enjoyable part of the day was leaving work at the end of the day. The department is a revolving door.
Pros
Long term employees receive pension
Cons
Shorter term employees do not receive pension
It was a great place to Work
Production Operator 3 (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAJuly 2, 2018
I like the workplace culture, I learned a lot how to do batches and performed safety observations. It had a good management and friendly people in the work place.
Independent work environment
Office Associate (Current Employee) –  Port Neches, TXMay 8, 2018
Must be a self starter, learn independently, and work individually all while meeting aggressive work deadlines. Co-workers generally helpful and courteous.
Pros
Safe environment
Cons
Long work hours
Unpleasant
Audit Sr., Corporate Internal Audit (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMay 2, 2018
Must play workplace 'politics' or be a favorite to advance or be considered valuable. Lots of nepotism within the Texas office, and obvious preference for Mormon faith followers. No fond memories of my time there.
Good pay
Product Manager Construction Grade Pigments (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXMarch 19, 2018
Huntsman compensates fairly and is a good place to work. It is a solid company with a good employee culture. It has many opportunities for advancement.
huntsman
Shift Supervisor-Production (Current Employee) –  St. Louis, MOMarch 13, 2018
it was a competitive place to work. we had old machinery in which we had to make work. the employees had to endure sub par equipment to make production quota. corporate did not understand or care about the plant problems
great place to work
Supervisor, General Foreman and Welder (Former Employee) –  south AlabamaFebruary 25, 2018
Was always different, never knew what would break what you would be doing. Huntsman was great place to work. was into making resin for airplanes. People and hours was amazing.
Great Place to Work
Sr. Buyer, Contracts and Services (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXFebruary 22, 2018
Good atmosphere. Decent pay. Work life balance is good. I really like middle management but they have their hands tied on several issues. Standard internal politics are in play but nothing too bad.
Culture is becoming toxic
Former employee (Former Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXJanuary 19, 2018
Pay, benefits and work-life not the best not the worst. Frequent reorgs. caused fear every holiday season. 4 presidents in 7 years. Upper management come and go. Career growth very limited. Promotions based on politics more than merit blatant in recent years. Managers more disqualified and relied more on politics to keep authority. HR hostile. No training but dragging and squeezing. Overall morale going down. Safety issues can be covered up. Products and services less competitive. Dedication rewarded by insults. Accomplishments viewed as threats. Corporate attitude "we can go without you" rather than "you are valuable". A good place for some egos to make mistakes and let the company pay. A risky place for long term commitment.
Pros
good location
Cons
limited career growth
Great Place to Work
Process Engineering Internship (Former Employee) –  Port Neches, TXNovember 15, 2017
The Process Engineering Internship I had at Huntsman gave me invaluable experience to further my career. I learned more than i could have imagined. The work culture is laid back, but productive.
Poor Senior Management - Strong Nepotism
Sales and Marketing Manager (Current Employee) –  The Woodlands, TXOctober 2, 2017
Huntsman is a good company in terms of work life balance. Definitely "family friendly" and people are not required to work a longer than typical day. The issue has been a change in Senior Management and blatant Nepotism with hiring and promoting of family members of Senior Management. Overall morale suffers as some people who have been working at the company quite a long time have no room for advancement. There has also been a "bullying" culture that has appeared in the past year or so, which seems very counter-intuitive to how they have operated in the past. Benefits and salary are probably similar to other companies in the area.
Pros
Work Life balance
Cons
Senior Management, bullying
Official response from Huntsman
November 6, 2017

Thank you for your comments. One of our core values at Huntsman is respect for the individual and we in no way tolerate intimidating, harassing and/or bullying behavior in the workplace. If you believe you are being harassed or bullied, please contact a representative of our Human Resources, Ethics & Compliance or Legal teams and we will meet to address your concern immediately. Alternatively, you can also call our Speak Up hot line if you wish to provide an anonymous complaint.

Again, thank you and we look forward to your feedback.

Wade Rogers
Senior Vice President, Global Human Resources

enjoyed working with plant personnel on a professional basis
QA / R&D Technician (Former Employee) –  Easton, PASeptember 23, 2017
A typical day is based on how production is running, I learned quite alot about the pigment an chemical business, Ma nagement could have been a little more proactive. The worplace culture was very enjoyable pretty due to my coworkers. The hardest part of my job was a lot more difficult in my early years basically learning new procedures and keeping production running, the most enjoyable part of my job was learning to work indepedently and feeling very confident in my decision making process
EH&S Manager - Port Neches (Former Employee) –  Conroe, TXJuly 11, 2017
C0mfocupany focused on business growth and employee productivity but they have an excellent company culture. They are aware and open to employee issues, they work with you to accommodate family, flexible schedules, and newly incorporated 9/80 which boost employee morale and overall appreciation for the company.
Pros
good employes
Cons

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Huntsman. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

2.4InHerSight Score

2.3Personal Development

2.3Career Opportunities

2.6Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight