Huntsville Hospital Health System Employee Reviews

Stressful
Cardiovascular Technologist (Former Employee) –  Boaz, ALJuly 11, 2019
When I was hired I was given insurance, after a month I was given a small raise and then found out that my insurance went up more than the raise was. You’re not able to work 40 hours and everyday you’re taking in the office for a meeting about something new the hospital is doing to lower your pay or hours. You can’t take off for anything unless the office manager just don’t need you that day and appointments should be made you’re not scheduled to work. Office manager is very unprofessional and lots of drama in the office.
Pros
Having insurance
Cons
No breaks 30 minutes for lunch. 10 was waiting in cafeteria
Typical day as an RN
RN Staff Nurse (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJuly 6, 2019
A typical day as a nurse at Huntsville Hospital can either be very fast paced and stressful to slow and anywhere in between. You never know what you will encounter when you walk in each day. I have learned a lot while I have been there and I am grateful for the experiences I have had, both good and bad.
Disappointed
Patient Access Representative (Current Employee) –  Decatur, ALJuly 2, 2019
They cut my pay in half after 11 months of employment because my boss was upset I made more money than her. Dropped my pay so low I was the lowest paid patient access rep there.
Pros
No pros
Cons
You have to fit in their click
Office secretary
Secretary/Cardiothoracic Surgeons (Former Employee) –  Blackwell Medical TowersJune 30, 2019
Had a very multi functional job,interactive with people.Very fast pace and detailed not a lot of downtime.I am very much team player and that makes a job a lot more easier.
Fun and Productive
Surgical Attendant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 28, 2019
The people you work with at HSV Hospital are down to earth. They enjoy their job and like to make it a fun working environment. They offer overtime hours but they are not mandatory. HSV Hospital is a great place to work if your in the medical field.
It was very rewarding to help Patients get better and be able to go home.
LPN (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 25, 2019
I had the same Nurse Manager for years and she was strict, but fair. I hated to see her retire. You will not find a better group of trauma surgeons. They were easy to work with and always available. For the most part, our Unit was a team .
Great place to work with lots of teamwork.
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 20, 2019
Enjoyed my time working at Huntsville Hospital. I would possibly like to go back to work there in the future. Great group of nursing staff and customer service is great.
The worst management
Central Processing Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 20, 2019
The management of the lab is an absolute dumpster fire. There is an absurd amount of favoritism shown not only from shift to shift, but from employee to employee. There are a multitude of problems that plague the lab, all of which are well known by management, however, they do literally nothing to solve any of it. The best way I can describe the management of the lab is SELF SERVING. Do not even consider working here.
Provides so much experience that will carry throughout every job afterwwards
Relief Charge Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 19, 2019
Very organized and professional hospital to work at. I worked night shift, and was accommodated very well to this shift in lifestyle. I started as a new grad nurse. Employees were very eager to teach and train new upcoming nurses.
ER Registrar/Admitting/ Communication Specialist (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALJune 11, 2019
Great place to work. Hard to get in if you do not know anyone. The culture is good, they show appreciation for their employees. Opportunities for advancement (for myself) was non existent
Excellent learning opportunity
RN Staff Nurse (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 27, 2019
Good management support. Basically happy co-workers. Good parking and security is ever present. Tons of CEU classes available. Cafeteria is a huge plus
Pros
Multiple opportunities to advance
Cons
Very busy pace
Awful management and
Huntsville (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 26, 2019
I feel the set you up to fail because I your black... I was trained or communication is non existent..they tell higher management instead of trying to help train you correctly
Benefits
Provider was great to work for and great employees to work with on night shift.
Registered Nurse (RN) (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 21, 2019
The hardest thing about my job is being on night shift. I love working with the other staff and management. My typical day was working 12 hours non stop until clocking out and enjoyed every minute of helping patients and being a patient advocate.
Pros
Pay and great staff
Cons
Night shift
Tech/CNA avoid RCU and Dawn Webster
Tech/CNA (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 17, 2019
i am a Tech/CNA at Huntsville Hospital in Huntsville Alabama. I work in the RCU this has been my home for years. Dawn Webster is the worse manager try to avoid her. She won't let you transfer off the unit and talks bad about you, putting a stop to any advancement in the company. Other then that my coworkers are great and we help each other out. Huntsville cares more about there patients then us so don't be surprised when you get your hot dog. Also the medical benefits aren't good. If you just need to make so money your in the right spot. Unlimited hours and areas to work in gives you higher education for future advancement in the medical field
Pros
Job security
Cons
Dawn Webster They don't really appreciate staff
Cerner Classroom Trainer (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALMay 10, 2019
I loved the work environment and the people. It was great to use my skills to do web based trainings and for the client to trust me. It was a great place to work
Diverse but busy work atmosphere
PCT (Patient Care Technician) (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 17, 2019
Enjoyed working with a diverse group of people and my unit manager was great as a PCT. Short staffed more often then expected and better training would be good
Loved my job
PCA Personal Care Assistant (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 16, 2019
I loved working there but no one there gets paid what they are worth. It’s one of the higher paying companies but everyone there deserves to be paid way more
Hospital Security
Security Team Leader (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 15, 2019
I started as a security officer, and worked my way to "team leader" which is similar to a sergeant in rank, but not in duties. The position requires is unique.
Work Enviornment
PHARMACY TECH (Current Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 10, 2019
A typical day at work is very hectic and sporadic. I have learned so much about the medial environment. The hardest part of my job is learning to balance more than you realize you are doing at one time.
Pros
Meeting new people everyday/
Cons
Salary
Enjoyable Job, But Needs Better Management In The Lab
Lab Technician (Former Employee) –  Huntsville, ALApril 3, 2019
To much favoritism with certain employees, hires people that do not want to work, management does not resolve reoccurring issues, no advancement opportunities
Pros
Helping People
Cons
Management is Poor