Hurley

Hurley Employee Reviews

Fast paced work environment. Great opportunities for career growth. Company has a wide range of jobs and opportunities available to current employees and outside candidates.
Was a great place to learn about being a retail associate. Enjoyed my team members and local customers. Hour store manager was very understanding and caring of everybody. Time off was granted if requested in the two week time frame.
At a store level there’s a lot of freedom to run the business on your own. Create and invent your own Hurley vibes. Above all the company puts the customer over everything else. It’s all about the experience. The compensation and benefits are top tier compared to any other company I’ve worked for. With admirations to grow as a company we’re expecting opportunities to move up.
They take care the workers to work safe and give the chance to the new driver to grow and they pay good I like to work there is my opinion I recommend
I would recommend this job for those that need work experience, you learn a little about everything in the customer service field, from working a register to shipping and receiving
Care to share?
Help people considering your employer. Share your experience.
When I started, the possibilities seemed endless. I had a DM that believed in me and challenged me with opportunities to grow. The talent in the Stores is such high quality but there aren’t enough positions to allow them to develop. I met some amazing people during my time and as a Store Manager you get a lot of cool opportunities to travel and become close with managers across the US. Unfortunately things began to change for the worse towards the end of my time there. Downsizing in the corporate and DM level meant no opportunities to progress further than SM. Also the politics in corporate lead to many amazing leaders being demoted or overlooked. Great benefits and pay for the volume of the stores. Culture and history are fun and makes it great to get customers and your team pumped about it too.
The manager was horrible and on a power trip most of the time. The other assoicates were cool for the most part. All in all its a bunch of young people working together some are cool and some are all about theirselves Ricos cool though.
Fun, Chill Place to Work, Lacks structured Organization and Communication. The company really does feel like family - with all the pros and cons, and politics that come with a family. But also a lot of love.
Incredible company with a great owner/leader. Challenges the status quo and inspires the employees to work smarter and harder. Corporate management & sales company and leader in the beach lifestyle retail space. The biggest challenges are weeks of traveling and being away from family.
Pros
Owner leads by example- great leadership team.
Cons
Weeks of travel away from family.
Working at Hurley helped me Build many skills in management and as a team leader...we had fun while working and learning. We were friends who became family.
Benefits
Very fun work experience the managers are very helpful and are good at their job. The customers are usually pretty chill and laid back as well. I’m done with this review
Staff is always inviting and willing to help you along as you learn the ropes. Management is continually encouraging due to a emphasis on employee growth and positivity.
Pros
Great staff and workplace pride
Terrible. No room for advancement and the store manager is horrible. It depends on who is running the store because I have met great teams but the one I worked for was so terrible.
Pros
free staff dress
Cons
everything else
If your down to get really dirty it’s for you. You do alittle bit of everything. You work mainly on boilers and chillers. You learn how to elf and to Souter pipe
Cons
great for a teen job, very nice managers, flexible hours, the pay wasn't the best at the time, but good for a kid who needs a small Job during their high school years
I Love my job Great people. Great management I love the energy in the place. The drive everyday was the hard part for me living 45 minutes away
I loved working there! I was hired with no retail experience and as seasonal within the 3mth I was promoted to a manager, I worked really hard and advanced quickly. They do reward you for hard work with a program that is basically like employee of the month, quarter and year then Fleet which is what I received and was flown to California for a surf event and was able to even go to the home office and got to meet the man himself (Bob Hurley) along with all the amazing surfers! That’s what made me really fall in love with the brand. I unfortunately made the mistake of going to another store to help an SM that was new to the Orlando market place which is crazy fast pace, well needless to say I should have stayed in the store I started at. Unfortunately the leadership there is awful and moving up is literally impossible now, which really sucks because the brand , the company and most of the upper management is great but the SM’s are not to be trusted!
Pros
Benefits, discounts, owned by Nike, brand mission
Cons
Storemangement
Standard schedule 8-5. I learned a lot working here at Hurley. The management is great very positive and helpful. Hurley is a great company with even better employees
Working at Hurley has been one of the greatest job experiences I have ever had. It was my first job in high school but it was just a part-time job and I had to move on from it. I would recommend this store to any one looking for a job.
I miss this place I used to work at an outlet and it was the most amazing place with tons of help and ability to grow with the company and or other stores
The store manager at Vineland fosters a toxic environment, that makes it difficult to work with. She lacks the ability to communicate effectively with out the use of undermining, and condescending tones of superiority.
Pros
Free merch quarterly
Cons
Store manager at Vineland is the worst
  1. Employee Reviews