Huron Consulting Group Employee Reviews

It is a good place to learn
Senior Associate Consultant (Former Employee) –  Los Angeles, CAMarch 28, 2018
The company expects you work far beyond 40 hours and traveling is a pain every week at the client location. They will ask you fly out of state every week and with the cheapest way possible.
Pros
you will always have a project to work on.
Cons
Immigrants don't join this company
Stressful and minimal support
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 26, 2018
Expectation to work far more than 40 hours weekly and while unlimited PTO - it is clearly discouraged, at least while I was there and the other team members I knew.
Good Culture / Work Life Balance (For a Consulting Job)
Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 8, 2018
Most colleagues smart, fun to work with. Relatively good work life balance for a consulting firm, though heavily depends on the project. Pay is fair, but below some competitors. Possible to end up stuck in an niche you may or may not be interested in - up to you to try and be exposed to different areas within a practice.
Its Consulting
Pharmacy Consulting Associate (Current Employee) –  Orlando, FLMarch 7, 2018
Its fast paced but its consulting what do you expect? They try to value time off but some people who are managers should not be in a position to manage.
Review of Huron
Sales Excellence Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILMarch 2, 2018
I learned a great deal at Huron, although, in the end, the management was mismanaged at the time. Certain conflicts of people above my level led to a hostile environment to work in.
You cannot possibly find a better employer, period
Lead Technical Consultant, Large (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORFebruary 22, 2018
Huron Consulting is the greatest organization I've ever worked for. It's unlikely that a better firm exists. From the CEO on down, these people work hard AND want you to have a life. How they continually improve on their offering is almost so good its spooky.
Great work culture
Higher Education Analyst (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 22, 2018
Huron has great people who work for the company. I came from non profit prior to working for Huron and was very nervous to work in the corporate world but really enjoyed working with the people.
Pros
Lots of perks with consulting and great people
Cons
Traveling can be tiresome
N/a
Senior Associate (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILJanuary 28, 2018
Working at Huron Consulting Group was a great experience for me. I learned a great deal from not only our clients, but more importantly, from my peers.
Former Best Place to Work fallen on hard times
Analyst (Former Employee) –  Boston, MAJanuary 4, 2018
Huron was formerly a company with wonderful culture and many benefits, but because of a hard healthcare economy they have fallen on hard times. Lots of lay off and then hired most of them back. Cut bonuses. Sold my entire branch before I even arrived for the first day. That being said, they are such nice people -- such a great culture. It just is a series of bad high level decisions and they are doing all they can to make things better. Even after a hard 6 months things are improving and I think they will be better than ever soon.
A dying firm plagued by lack of strategy
Director (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 7, 2017
A once excellent, well-respected firm is on the ropes for survival. The firm is plagued by a crisis of leadership, and disparate practices that have been cobbled together mostly via acquisition that don't play nice with one another.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Lack of marketing, in-fighting, leadership / strategy crisis

Want to know more about Huron Consulting Group?

Ask a question
Review Summary
Legal Business Consulting Analyst (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 24, 2017
Huron fostered a positive environment for learning especially for new hires. I was there very briefly so i didn't get to know the company that well but my general observation was that it was a fast paced workplace, and i enjoyed working there.
Good firm to work for
Analyst, Higher-Education Practice (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILNovember 13, 2017
Great firm to work for in terms of culture, friendly co-workers and plenty of perks. Not always great about providing new learning opportunities, few chances to branch out into new fields of work.
Good career start but low pay
SOFTWARE ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Hillsboro, ORNovember 4, 2017
A good place to start your career. The work is interesting and complex at the beginning, but can become tedious over time. The pay is low for a software engineer, but the other benefits are good. The culture is very comfortable, but the company does not provide much room for advancement.
Pros
Work-life balance
Cons
Low pay, No advancement
Great People to work with
Manager, Management Consulting (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 22, 2017
Even though it is a competitive environment, there was a great deal of working together to acheive stated goals. Very extensive level of training is provided to employees
Pros
Travel
Cons
Late working hours
Great people
Manager, Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2017
Love the people. Many organizational changes over the years have made it a somewhat stressful cultural environment depending on the area/team where you work.
Pros
Competitive salary and benefits
Cons
Frequent travel required with most roles
The Final Days
Financial Consultant (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 16, 2017
I enjoyed the company, except for the last 6 months. My Managing Director was horrible to work for, and made life unbearable. Most of my time was spent on the road, and I loved all of the different projects. This said manager had no direction, could not get clients, and had no drive.
Pros
Different Projects
Cons
Horrible Managing Director
Great Company
INTERN - REPORTING AND ANALYTICS (Current Employee) –  Laramie, WYOctober 4, 2017
Huron is a great company that employs the best people. The culture at Huron is very positive and upbeat. If you have the chance, I would recommend applying to Huron.
Job Security
OBIEE Consultant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 29, 2017
No Job Security not enough projects. The company has too many people on the bench and training is not enough to write home about. I wish they has better training programs for career improvements.
Busy, good mix of assignments, mix of qualified people
Manager, Healthcare, Workforce (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILSeptember 7, 2017
Busy, good mix of assignments, mix of qualified people - workday consisted of data analysis, interviews, assessment, teaching, meetings with executives, discussion with team members, planning for work week, etc.
Pros
large and small projects, mix of project types
Cons
management with poor skill level, young staff with more responsibility than knowledge
Terrible management and company culture, strong benefits
Analyst - Clinical Operations (Former Employee) –  Irvine, CAAugust 31, 2017
- Weak management
- Team was not collaborative
- Company culture was terrible
- salary was acceptable
- 100% travel
- Learned how to adjust to a political organization