Hussmann Employee Reviews

I wouldn't recommend this place
Installation Technician (Former Employee) –  Albuquerque, NMSeptember 22, 2018
Was not what I expected from this company. I did learn a little about refrigeration. The culture is not what was expected, hardest part was dealing with the negativity.
Great people, boring work
Research and Development Intern (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOAugust 8, 2018
Hussmann is full of great people that really do care about you. The coworkers are great but the work is boring. The work doesn't feel important and is very mundane. It is low stress so that makes up for the boring work.
Pros
Great people
Cons
Too slow
Great Company to Work for
Supermarket Refrigeration Technician (Former Employee) –  Raleigh-Durham, NCAugust 8, 2018
Very good company to work for, Pay in dollars is somewhat competive with the local market, The beneifits exceed the local market. You are left to complete your tasks without too much supervision. If you need help or crane, all you have to is ask
Questionable Hiring and Promotion Practices
HR Generalist (Ark Staffing Temp) (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAJuly 31, 2018
Promotions are rarely based on initiative or quality work; more so based on time on the job. New/younger workers that actually speak English well aren't able to be promoted.
A/P and Service Billing Clerk
Lead Biller (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 29, 2018
The day was typical of heavying billing and once a week doing payroll. There were daily reports to be done. The workplace culture at that time was ok but not great place to work.
Pros
Set hours
Cons
Terrible management, too many bosses not enough employers
HVAC Installer (Current Employee) –  Hiawatha, IAJuly 26, 2018
Very good benefits but the stress and bad management makes it not worth it. Very hard day to day or even hourly what they want you to do. Plans change at the snap of the fingers.
Benefits
Cons
Stress
It's a good place to work at
Refrigeration technician (Current Employee) –  El Paso, TXJuly 25, 2018
if you like to work 96 Plus hours a week and do not get weekends off or time off when you request it other than that it is a great company to work for great benefits good paying job
Okay place to work
CNC Cell Operator (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOJuly 14, 2018
Just okay. If you don't get laid off. The company doesn't care about the employees. Just work get your money and go home. Some good people and managers but overall just a job not a career. Oh and the union is laughable 2 maybe 3 representatives actually know what is in the contract book. Half the time you have to represent yourself.
Pros
Good people
Cons
Company controls union
Working there was ok
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 9, 2018
I think pay could have been alot better. Point system they have sucks. Theyre hr department doesnt make themselves available to employees often.hr department doesnt care about individuals. They care more for the company. The unions doesnt stand up for the employees.
Pros
Good work envrioment
Cons
Poor pay
This is owned by IR now
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2018
This company was bought by IR a long time ago. There were a lot of layoffs at the time. I have no idea how the company is doing now. I know my boss at the time was a jerk.
Awesome place to work
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 26, 2018
Great experience friendly coworkers good pay and an exciting all around experience learned a lot about the trade and would recommend anyone to apply. :)
Pros
Paid vac, benifits etc.
Cons
Hard on relationships because your always at work
extremely low employee morale
Export Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 17, 2018
Terrible health insurance choices!
There is little advancement support from management.
The majority of power is male (leadership roles). They are very 'old school'.
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible insurance
Excelente empresa
Latin America Engineer Leader (Current Employee) –  Distrito FederalMay 17, 2018
Excelente empresa, buen ambiente de trabajo y los valores y comportamientos que maneja pueden ser aplicados en la compañía y en la vida diaria
Pros
Prestaciones que ofrece
Laid back but competitive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 14, 2018
Great company, lots to offer employees who were interested in a full time position. Management could've benefited from utilizing employees more often, instead of discussing project goals.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Poor management strategies
Good Place to Work
Quotation Representative II (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 9, 2018
The size of the company is sometimes the biggest hurdle to overcome. Things get lost in translation. Management is trying to do better about communicating.
Pros
some decent management
Cons
chaos
My experience
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 1, 2018
This is not a career it is a job. Long term at this place would not be recommended because the chance of getting ahead is very slim to none. Working is very laborious and it doesn’t add up with the pay
Pros
People are nice
Hussmann is a multi national company that cares about the employees and their safety, education and advancement.
Coordinator - Contracting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
Over the years at Hussmann, I had many functions and learned many different parts of the branch where I worked.

The owners would change, the software would change, the people would change all giving me the advantage of learning to adjust. I grump and moan but at the same time would already be figuring out how to make it work.

The people would come and go and that would be the best/worst part of the job. I met many very different people, made friends, great co-workers, learned lots from some and still miss some.

In all of my time at Hussmann, they were always making sure we stayed current on safety, the company culture, learning new things ie excel, word, outlook, CPR and other important stuff.
Pros
Best benefits packages
Cons
Confusing yearly PMP's (reviews of knowledge and job ups and downs)
Coordinator - Contracting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018

Pros
Best benefits packages
Cons
Confusing yearly PMP's (reviews of knowledge and job ups and downs)
Great place to work and grow
Lead Service Technician, Install Foremen, Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 9, 2018
Productive team atmosphere. Great training program. Plenty of work with an expanding/growing company. Room to advance and learn.

Benefits are very good. Solid culture and very safety orientated. This company gives back to it's employees that work hard and put in the effort. Performance based tech bonus's & merit increases..
Pros
Benefits, bonus's, great people
Cons
summer hours can be long
Hussmann is a good place to work
Superintendent Sheet Metal (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 8, 2018
Hussmann would have a balance of some projects that they wanted done along with allowing you to investigate and choose projects that were worthwhile. Some underperforming employees were given the same raises as overachievers.