Hussmann Employee Reviews

Working there was ok
Material Handler (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAJuly 9, 2018
I think pay could have been alot better. Point system they have sucks. Theyre hr department doesnt make themselves available to employees often.hr department doesnt care about individuals. They care more for the company. The unions doesnt stand up for the employees.
Pros
Good work envrioment
Cons
Poor pay
This is owned by IR now
Financial Specialist (Former Employee) –  St. Louis, MOJuly 1, 2018
This company was bought by IR a long time ago. There were a lot of layoffs at the time. I have no idea how the company is doing now. I know my boss at the time was a jerk.
Awesome place to work
Install Technician (Former Employee) –  Coppell, TXJune 26, 2018
Great experience friendly coworkers good pay and an exciting all around experience learned a lot about the trade and would recommend anyone to apply. :)
Pros
Paid vac, benifits etc.
Cons
Hard on relationships because your always at work
extremely low employee morale
Export Specialist (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 17, 2018
Terrible health insurance choices!
There is little advancement support from management.
The majority of power is male (leadership roles). They are very 'old school'.
Pros
great pay
Cons
terrible insurance
Excelente empresa
Latin America Engineer Leader (Current Employee) –  Distrito FederalMay 17, 2018
Excelente empresa, buen ambiente de trabajo y los valores y comportamientos que maneja pueden ser aplicados en la compañía y en la vida diaria
Pros
Prestaciones que ofrece
Laid back but competitive
Intern (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 14, 2018
Great company, lots to offer employees who were interested in a full time position. Management could've benefited from utilizing employees more often, instead of discussing project goals.
Pros
Laid back
Cons
Poor management strategies
Good Place to Work
Quotation Representative II (Current Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMay 9, 2018
The size of the company is sometimes the biggest hurdle to overcome. Things get lost in translation. Management is trying to do better about communicating.
Pros
some decent management
Cons
chaos
My experience
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMay 1, 2018
This is not a career it is a job. Long term at this place would not be recommended because the chance of getting ahead is very slim to none. Working is very laborious and it doesn’t add up with the pay
Pros
People are nice
Hussmann is a multi national company that cares about the employees and their safety, education and advancement.
Coordinator - Contracting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018
Over the years at Hussmann, I had many functions and learned many different parts of the branch where I worked.

The owners would change, the software would change, the people would change all giving me the advantage of learning to adjust. I grump and moan but at the same time would already be figuring out how to make it work.

The people would come and go and that would be the best/worst part of the job. I met many very different people, made friends, great co-workers, learned lots from some and still miss some.

In all of my time at Hussmann, they were always making sure we stayed current on safety, the company culture, learning new things ie excel, word, outlook, CPR and other important stuff.
Pros
Best benefits packages
Cons
Confusing yearly PMP's (reviews of knowledge and job ups and downs)
Coordinator - Contracting (Former Employee) –  Denver, COMay 1, 2018

Pros
Best benefits packages
Cons
Confusing yearly PMP's (reviews of knowledge and job ups and downs)
Great place to work and grow
Lead Service Technician, Install Foremen, Manager (Current Employee) –  Salem, NHApril 9, 2018
Productive team atmosphere. Great training program. Plenty of work with an expanding/growing company. Room to advance and learn.

Benefits are very good. Solid culture and very safety orientated. This company gives back to it's employees that work hard and put in the effort. Performance based tech bonus's & merit increases..
Pros
Benefits, bonus's, great people
Cons
summer hours can be long
Hussmann is a good place to work
Superintendent Sheet Metal (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOApril 8, 2018
Hussmann would have a balance of some projects that they wanted done along with allowing you to investigate and choose projects that were worthwhile. Some underperforming employees were given the same raises as overachievers.
Hussman close it Doors
Warehouse Positions (Current Employee) –  Wichita, KSMarch 26, 2018
Experience in warehouse operations, shipping and receiving, quality control inspections, process analysis, scheduling, purchasing.
Responsible for all aspects of inventory control including replenishment, stocking, cycle counting, and physical inventory.
Adept at interpreting specifications, blue prints and maintenance documentation.
Maintains supplies inventory by recording quantities used and determining supplies needed.
Major strength in communication to achieve quality and customer satisfaction.
Tough Environment
Employee (Former Employee) –  Bridgeton, MOMarch 24, 2018
I worked in the office, typical to most other places where 20% of the staff does 80% of the work, although 4 people actually run the entire company. Management is horrible especially senor management, they are not accountable for anything that happens with the company but will gladly find someone to blame it on. A witch hunt followed their bad decisions. The company was quite discriminatory to females and minorities and had the good old boy attitude.
Pros
Pay was decent
Cons
Managment and the boys club (HLT).
Hussmann IR
Piper (Former Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 24, 2018
The pay was good but you would have to work 50 to 60 hours a week . There is a lot of turnover and there is a lot of temp employees instead of hiring full time personal.
Benefits
Cons
alot of overtime
Goog Job
QC/Electrical Tester (Current Employee) –  Suwanee, GAMarch 22, 2018
Good company but no room to grow. I want to work for a company that is employee focused. Where I can use my 20+ years of experience to grow and advance.
Pros
Stable and secure
Cons
No room to grow
im hope can upgrade my skill
senior technisian (Current Employee) –  united stateMarch 8, 2018
the most enjoyable part of the job and challenge a hardest job part of the.job what im learn on workplace do upgrade my skill of ballast freezer,screw multi system,hot gas system,screw hermatic,
Pros
full time
Cons
healty care
Hummann resourse is currupted
Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAMarch 1, 2018
Good employees. 1 good manager manuel suarez.corrupt HR unfitted supervisors they dont know how to be organized or speak to employees properly.Always overlooking employees problems work related or issues in the office or on the production floor.
Over worked and under appreciated
Refigeration tech (Current Employee) –  GeorgiaMarch 1, 2018
If you enjoy being away from your family and never seeing them, then this is the perfect job for you! If you enjoy being on call every other weekend, then look no further! If you want every decision you make to be criticized then this is the right place for you! If you just want to be unhappy and angry full time, then this is the job for you!
Pros
Fresh air when on roof tops
Cons
Long hours, no sleep, on call full time, management
Poor Engineering
SR. QUALITY ENGINEER/SUPPLIER QUALITY ENGINEER (Former Employee) –  Chino, CAFebruary 14, 2018
The engineering department did a poor job of R&D causing late to start from sales commitments. Did the start projects well before the sales have promised ship date. Also there is "NO" training program when bring in new employees that have never work in this type of environment.
Pros
The line employees do their best
Cons
No training for new employee