HVS Employee Reviews

virtual work
Chief Marketing Officer (Current Employee) –  New York, NYFebruary 8, 2018
Premier hospitality consulting firm in 40+ countries with expertise across all hospitality management areas. Privately Held, global in scope. Partnership based.
regular day
Medical Assistant (Former Employee) –  McAllen, TXJune 12, 2016
My duties as an MA on a regular day, were to intake pt., prepare the rooms, do labs, send meds to the pharmacy, answer calls, triage pt., refer pt. , do prior auth for meds, admit pt. to hospital, assist Dr. on stress test, iv on echo with bubbles. draw blood, scan info into pts charts, request records , vital signs. ekg's , but my strongest duty will always be to make the patient feel secure and comfortable, and no matter what the DX. is he will be in good hands.
Pros
excelent administrators
Cons
Highly Analytical and Independent Consulting/Appraisal Company
Consulting and Valuation Associate (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJanuary 15, 2015
HVS is comprised of some of the most intellectual and methodical associates I have had the opportunity to work with. The company conducts appraisals and other consulting services within the hospitality sector, and is widely considered as the premiere firm for these services across the globe. A position with this firm is a project-based role that requires individuals to not only have a deep understanding of hotel management and forecasting real estate markets, but also the ability to adapt easily to change, maintain constant organization, and communicate effectively both team members and clients. The job requires around 70 to 80 hour work weeks for the first two years on the job, and one to three day business trips four to five times a month. In addition, you are required to complete approximately 1500 hours of educational courses at the Appraisal Institute over the course of the first three years at the company.
Beware of shop supervisor
temp (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXOctober 28, 2013
Hudgins Valve Supply likes to use "temps" and "temp agencies' like they have a revolving door. The shop supervisor there, on bad days, likes to take the chair in front of the shop computer and practically toss it across the room. (very unprofessional). I was there for a couple of months, and after being told that I joined them at a good time, that I may possibly be permanently added to the work force because one of their main people was leaving, I get home on a Monday afternoon, and I was called by the temp agency saying that my contract with HVS was over and that I was let go due to "budget cuts"....budget cuts???....The Friday before that Monday, I noticed a man come into the shop and talk to the boss, that Monday morning I saw the same guy, he introduced himself to me and told me he was from the same temp agency. If there were "budget cuts", he wouldn't have been there. Everyone has told me that I met my replacement that Monday morning..... If you are looking for a permanent position, you are not going to find it with Hudgins Valve Supply. If you want a "temporary assignment", to get by, where you deal with a shop supervisor who has bad days because he can't get to the gym to pump weights, then takes out his frustration on people there, if you can deal with all of that unprofessional mess, then Hudgins valve supply just might be for you............
Pros
Enjoyed the work schedule, able to get home at a decent time, very nice and short commute for me
Cons
Shop supervisor who supposedly "redefines coolness" (actually in his e-mail signature), like to toss things around, very unprofessional