Go back to what made HyVee great. Less corporate management, allow dept mgrs to run their areas, get a director with 1/2 a brain
Management should treat employees like they are people. Add more efficient back room processes. Add mandatory training for all employees including power equipment, hazardous materials etc. Allow employees the ability to move to a better position without asking for permission. Stop the gossip between store directors preventing employees from having a fair interview or getting an interview. Discipline management for acts of discrimination and intimidation. Make reviews and raises mandatory and not at the option of store management. Hire qualified people to manage a store. Eliminate the inner circle of people created by store directors, in which, the employees who do not belong and will never advance. Restructure store management and reporting lines. Redefine and clarify job descriptions and requirements.
Some managers need to go. A lot of upper management treat their employees like dirt. If an employee works hard all the time, you need to treat them with respect.
More managers and store directors that are hands on and treat all employees with respect instead of reminding them that they can be replaced and need to be busy at all times. Knowing your job, doing it well and never being acknowledged for that is defeating.
More in-person training. Less online training.
More places to checkout because everyone wont rush to the register and miss somethings they need.
Improve human resources
You’ve got to make starting pay at least $12
To expect people to want to do their best people got to live! You
I would try my best to ensure fairness and equality throughout all employees and departments. I would also work on increasing levels of communication and conflict resolution when needed.
- How are the working hours at Hy-Vee, Inc.?23 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Hy-Vee, Inc.?22 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Hy-Vee, Inc.?21 people answered
- How often do raises occur at Hy-Vee, Inc.?16 people answered
- Does Hy-Vee test for marijuana usage? If so, any exceptions for medical use?14 people answered
- What is the interview process like at Hy-Vee, Inc.?14 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Hy-Vee, Inc.?13 people answered
- What is a typical day like for you at Hy-Vee, Inc.?12 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at Hy-Vee, Inc.?12 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at Hy-Vee, Inc.?12 people answered