I applied on their website and got a call to set up my interview. For the actual interview, they just ask you questions about yourself and why you want to work there. The manager was very intimidating and unfortunately didn't give me the job.
Honestly just depends on the HR manager. I've had 4 interviews at Hy-Vee, all with different HR managers. My first interview when I was 16 was fine and laid back. My second interview was when I was 18 at a new store, and it was also very laid back. My third interview was when I was 20 at the store I first worked at, it was short and laid back since I was just transferring stores. But my fourth and last interview was when I was 21 at the Fort Dodge, Iowa store. I was just trying to transfer from the Carroll, Iowa store to Fort Dodge, Iowa. It was with a female HR manager (she's not longer HR, thank god), but she was so rude and honestly treated me like dirt. I was always a loyal worker and always worked so hard to give the best customer service. I was literally so nice to her and I did nothing wrong in my interview. But she never even bothered to call me back after that. So after that experience, I will not go back to Hy-Vee.
The interview is pretty laidback if you are relaxed. There is no need to be stressed out about it.
Interview was very easy they will hire qnyone
It was relaxed and nice.
It was very quick and simple
Much more formal than casual. Standard questions, usually takes about 15 minutes. Sometimes it can feel a little uncomfortable in the environment and setting.
I didn't interview. They had to put me on payroll because I worked for them when their own employees wouldn't come in during a blackout a few years ago. My mother and father had to bring us because they worked at HyVee. They couldn't leave us 4 kids at home during a blackout.
You get an interview with the post office that is wanting to hire you then it goes from there....drug test...ect......
Standard, they ask basic questions.
- How are the working hours at Hy-Vee, Inc.?23 people answered
- How did you feel about telling people you worked at Hy-Vee, Inc.?22 people answered
- What is the work environment and culture like at Hy-Vee, Inc.?21 people answered
- How often do raises occur at Hy-Vee, Inc.?16 people answered
- If you were in charge, what would you do to make Hy-Vee, Inc. a better place to work?14 people answered
- Does Hy-Vee test for marijuana usage? If so, any exceptions for medical use?14 people answered
- How did you get your first interview at Hy-Vee, Inc.?13 people answered
- How would you describe the pace of work at Hy-Vee, Inc.?12 people answered
- How do you feel about going to work each day at Hy-Vee, Inc.?12 people answered
- Does Hy-Vee use urine or hair for drug test12 people answered