Hy-Vee, Inc. Employee Reviews

Found 3,331 reviews matching the search See all 3,332 reviews
Unfair and underpaid
Asiles online shopper (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 17, 2018
Working in the aisles online department was always stressful. Less than ideal staff was hired which made the job hard for productive staff. Always understaffed and employees over worked. High ranking managers expressed their dislike for their job on a nearly daily basis.
Relaxed place with friendly customes and staff
Server/Bartender (Current Employee) –  Blue Springs, MODecember 17, 2018
Hyvee is a great place to work. There are many reasons to work there starting with the staff. Hyvee has a motto of a helpful smile in every isle and they really conform to that motto. It is a friendlty work enviroment and the customers are friendly as well.
Good Job
Floral Clerk (Former Employee) –  Keokuk, IADecember 17, 2018
I would never want to work at Hy-Vee permanently, but it's great for a part-time job in high school. It teaches you a lot of skills you need to get out into the real world.
Not a very good place to work
Cashier (Former Employee) –  Johnston, IADecember 17, 2018
They didn't pay holiday pay to me, they also said i would be full time but only gave me part time hours so i never got the full time benefits. Management slacked off big time, slept on the job, and didn't help the people under them. They also blamed the mistakes made on us
Good Starting Job
Assistant Manager (Former Employee) –  Shawnee, KSDecember 16, 2018
As the title states, this is a good place to work at the very beginning of your work life. Do not get stuck here, you will be unhappy. Employees are not treated as well as they should be.
Working at Hy-Vee gets me by
Cashier/Customer Service (Current Employee) –  Mason City, IADecember 16, 2018
Hy-Vee is very good at being flexible with my house especially being a single mom with no help, I it’s need something more with perks. I need something that I can provide for my son and I to live without having to have help. I don’t get child support so I must find something soon to help with that. I’d love to be self sufficient!
Pros
Flexable, most kind co-workers
Cons
Need more hours, fitting in with my sons schedule.
Decent job pays well, however management is not as good as it should be
Courtesy Clerk (Current Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 16, 2018
pays well, however management is not as good as it should be, safety isnt monitored very well, no real opportunity to get raise. Overall it's a good first job.
Cashier/kitchen review
Cashier/Customer Service (Former Employee) –  Lawrence, KSDecember 14, 2018
Typical work day was easy.
Kitchen staff was so fun to work with and made the work day go by fast.
Management was great and cared about you.
Hardest part of the job is standing for 8 hours.
Decent job to get by with
Checker (Current Employee) –  Fort Dodge, IADecember 14, 2018
It’s definitely not a permanent job but not bad to help you get by. The management is easy to work with and flexible with your hours. At night, there tends to be more high schoolers and college students working while more older people work during the day. When it’s busy, it goes by a lot quicker. Sometimes you run into a few problems with customers but management handles them pretty well.
Good place to work as long as you don't want long term
Aisles Online (Current Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 13, 2018
They are very flexible with their part time employees, so it makes good for high schoolers with other commitments. Management is pretty good, but could be better if they cared a little more.
Feels like you're working with family
Kitchen Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Sioux Falls, SDDecember 13, 2018
Great place to work over all. There was a small town feel. Everyone was trained well at their jobs and willing to help new employees. Over the years that I've worked there I have yet to find a connection with my coworkers as strong as the one I've made with those here.
Pros
Great place to advance
It was alright
Dishwasher (Former Employee) –  Raytown, MODecember 13, 2018
I was working plenty of hours at ten ph but then they decreased my hours and I was only getting so many and it honestly was not enough to cover my living expenses
Pros
Easy job
Cons
Not enough money
Great at working with your schedule
Kitchen Clerk (Former Employee) –  Brooklyn Park, MN 55443December 13, 2018
I am in college, so every semester my hour's change, They work well with my college hours and make sure I get my hours in. They also might give you a free lunch if they call you in when they need help that day. Manager there are very understanding and there for ya.
Job is nice and simple.
Customer Service Representative (Current Employee) –  Independence, MODecember 11, 2018
I loved how fast-paced this job moved because the days were over quickly. This company allows you to take your lunch break while still at on the clock. It’s been a really nice last 4 years now.
Educational environment with lots of responsibility and good leaders
pharmacy intern (Former Employee) –  Plattsmouth, NE 68048December 11, 2018
I taught others how to work the MTM programs for Hyvee, counseled patients, made compounds, management allowed me to be a leader and gain confidence. Great work environment and positive reinforcement as well as learning to learn with different cultures and diversity
Meat Clerk (Former Employee) –  Peoria, ILDecember 11, 2018
Good place to shop and work meet people experience different foods and goods just all around place to find great deals. It was a part time job for me but come to find out even part time employees get good discounts like lunch for instance breaks and time off if needed.
ok place to work
Student Pharmacist (Former Employee) –  Omaha, NEDecember 11, 2018
Great place to work. The people are very affable and helpful. The staff goes out of their way to work as a team to make sure that you have what you need to do your job. Very team oriented.
Pros
ok environment
Cons
Outgoing job with flexiable schedules due to education and avaliablity.
Barista Hyvee (Former Employee) –  Des Moines, IADecember 11, 2018
The typical day at Hy-Vee in the department of Starbucks we made sure customers got their drinks made in a timely and correct manner. The workplace was very outgoing and adaptable to new employees and new changes within the workplace with scheduling and new drinks on the menu. I would certainly think the hardest part about the job at Hyvee was the lack of consistent scheduling and low pay.
Pros
Trying new drinks and communcating with customers on a personal level
Cons
Not enough pay and lack of support from mangers
enjoyed the workplace and being able to collaborate while on the job
Stocker/ Assistant (Former Employee) –  Quincy, ILDecember 11, 2018
I worked about 5-7 hours just about every day of the week. Gaining relationships on a day to day basis. Was always busy doing something. They usually always have enough people on the job everyday to ensure the customer was able to get in and out.
Pros
discounted lunch meals
Good Place to work
Italian Clerk, Kitchen Staff, Waiter (Former Employee) –  Winterset, IADecember 9, 2018
If you're good at what you do, they'll give you hours. Sometimes things are pretty disorganized, but there's something to be said about being able to go to work and come home without having to think about it.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hy-Vee, Inc.. Our community is ready to answer.

51.1K
41.2K

Ratings from women

2.7InHerSight Score

2.4Personal Development

3.0Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight