Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 4,892 reviews matching the search See all 7,021 reviews
Alot of positive
Housekeeping (Former Employee) –  Tulsa OklahomaFebruary 22, 2019
The job is fun and you meet alot of wonderful people. The guests makes the job fun. The only problem is there are was to many people who wants to try and be your boss
Pros
Free lunch and bus passes
Cons
To many people acting like a boss
Okay work
Lead Gallery Host/Manager on Duty (Current Employee) –  Des Moines, IAFebruary 22, 2019
I work at a franchised location. Hyatt has very high standard for the type of service you provide and the condition in which the hotel is kept. They also score and rank all hyatt properties which can be a little stressful.
Great company to work for
Supervisor/Manager (Current Employee) –  Green Bay, WIFebruary 21, 2019
Working at hyatt can be stressful some times, it's especially stressful when the department is short staffed, but once fully staffed it's a pretty awesome place to work for. Great benefits, paid vacations, free hyatt stays. The employees also make you feel like family. Can't let one bad apple ruin your experience there.
Pros
Great benefits, paid vacations
Its ok
Housekeeping coordinator (Former Employee) –  Saipan, MPFebruary 21, 2019
Good manager, okay time availability, good workers, strict. Always busy at work, good benefits to the workers. Great environment to work at. But overall okay.
Friendly colleagues
Maintenance Engineer (Current Employee) –  Austin, TXFebruary 21, 2019
Guest and building operational concerns addressed to ensure a high level of satisfaction and comfort.
Good interpersonal relations with guest and fellow workers in a friendly and respected manner.
I find the most difficult part of the job is going back over someone else work to complete repairs.
The most enjoyable part of the job is knowing that someone can count on me to assist with what ever I can help with.
Pros
Friendly co-workers
Cons
Lack of proper work space
Excellent
ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER/EXECUTIVE HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Lehi, UTFebruary 21, 2019
Excellent work environment. Great work life balance. Hyattconnect.com is a good resource. I technically worked for a franchise but my interaction with Hyatt management were beneficial.
Decent pay, little opportunity
Guest Service Specialist (Former Employee) –  Marion, ILFebruary 21, 2019
I worked for Hyatt for nearly three years, the last two of those were spent working from home as a remote agent. I will admit that they have a wonderful benefits package and they are very generous with their starting wage, (granted their starting pay is $3 higher than my starting pay from three years ago.) and with their PTO. However, I do not feel that these benefits outweigh the demands on their associates. Mandatory overtime, sometimes with as little as a 24 hour notice, were exhausting and made balancing home life difficult. Another factor to take into account was that the required overtime hours needed to be scheduled outside of your normal shift according to business needs. There were many times my normal schedule would be Sunday-Thursday 8:00am-4:30pm and the only available overtime I could pick up would be from 10:00pm-2:00am Sunday-Thursday, which left little time for a regular sleep schedule. During my employment the mandatory overtime continued for over 12 months consistently with similar requirements. A primarily sedentary job combined with a very unhealthy schedule (especially someone with insomnia like myself) lead to severe depression. Bottom line, this job is not worth it. There are better jobs out there and you are worth better.
Pros
Benefits, Pto
Cons
Little opportunity for advancement, overtime requirements, poor work life balance
Fun, productive great management
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 20, 2019
I loved working for the CAA!! It was a great place, the management was amazing. They where really for you and understanding of certain situations. I loved the party’s ( even though I only attended one) lol. They had good benefits and they really fought for what was right when it came to housekeeping. If I could ever go back I would, it’s a great place to grow with.
Pros
Great director, very detailed Orients, overall great place
stressful
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Bellevue, WAFebruary 20, 2019
stressful for PM shift no help from AM shift
I learned to work on my own no help or back up
revolving door rollercoaster or personalities
very negative from staff towards supervisors and management
working big events alone with other peers that work AM and refuse to help PM
Free Parking
Pros
beautiful property plenty of work
Cons
staff has management afraid of holding anyone accountable for bad behavior and lazy habits
Day to day
Asssistant Manager II (Current Employee) –  Fremont, CAFebruary 19, 2019
I started my career at Hyatt over 4 years ago and I would honestly stay at Hyatt if I know that management would be more supportive of the back end. I love where I work and would come back to Hyatt in the near future but I prefer not to work at the location that I am currently in right now.

I enjoy the guests the most as they are the reason why I love and will always pursue customer service.

The hardest part of my job is to handle/break past practices from employees.

I've learned a lot about myself at Hyatt and would recommend everyone to work here.
Pros
Comp nights, discounted hotel rates, employee lunches, Employee rewards
exciting to work at, great ppl, great place, fun at all times, overall 100
Housekeeping/Janitorial (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILFebruary 19, 2019
Everyday at work was like being around your own family, everybody cleaning and smiling, enjoying what we love to do, and cleaning. Ive learned how to use a extract vacum, and how to properly clean elevator's.
Pros
very great food for lunch Or break, a lot of friendly ppl.
Enjoyed working
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Hoover, ALFebruary 19, 2019
cleaned and prepare rooms for guest occupancy
answer immediate to request from guest
perform check of all room appliaces to ensure they were in good conditions
floor care duties in hallway replace used amenties in guest rooms
Productive, perfection
Youth Counselor (Former Employee) –  Dorado Municipio, PRFebruary 18, 2019
I learned safety first. Good relations with guest and partners. The managers always supervise. The most enjoyable part of the job it was when I was doing my duties. Youth counselor at Camp Hyatt. A camp for the guest kids. They have fun at the pool, and other hotel areas. We did some crafts and play games. Bonefire too!!
Pros
Free food. Spend time with kids at hotel amenities like pool, restaurants.
Cons
Low salary.
N/a
Mechanical Equipment/Engineer (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAFebruary 18, 2019
I was so happy to work with Hyatt company the Management have a good Hyatt is good company to work i really love and I recommand to everyone this company
Great College Job
Valet Attendant and Ramp Manager (Former Employee) –  Greenville, SCFebruary 18, 2019
Because I was in school, I was looking for a part-time job that would allow me freedom and flexibility to pursue my studies while also making enough money to pay off student loans and pay for housing / fun activities. On top of everything else, it was a fun environment that employees did not dread going into each day.
Horrible place to work
Recreation Assistant (Former Employee) –  Bonita Springs, FLFebruary 17, 2019
wouldn't work here if I where you!! management was terrible and could care less about their employees. Stay away from Hyatt Coconut plantation!!!!!!!
Fun place to work
Bellman (Former Employee) –  Columbus, OHFebruary 17, 2019
Fast paced with a variety of clientele . Hotel was connected to the convention center which was extremely busy with a wide variety of conferences , meetings, and contests
Pros
Great location
Cons
Departments didn’t work well with each other
hyatt
GALLERY HOST (Current Employee) –  Riverside, CAFebruary 17, 2019
guests are mostly always wanting something for free or always complaining about parking other than that the place is ok to work for but the team mangment needs improvment there alot of favortism and no room for growth unlee your part of the favorites
Management is horrible
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Ocean City, MDFebruary 16, 2019
Ok first let us start by saying Management needs to return phone calls and learn how to communicate. They are horrible here. I would not recommend this place to anyone. They are clicky meaning they choose who they want here..
Pros
Cons
Management meaning Assistant manager as well
product work place
Supervisor of Operations (Former Employee) –  Greensboro, NCFebruary 15, 2019
Very busy on the weekend. I've learn to always take time out for myself. Management is always changing hands. The hardest part like all hotel was the afternoon shift,

53.3K
42.1K
31.1K

Diversity score

Comparably
Diversity Score
TOP5%
In the Top 5% of similar size companies

The Comparably Diversity Score tracks how positively diverse employees rate their experience at Hyatt.

Powered by Comparably