Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 5,142 reviews matching the search See all 7,349 reviews
Great
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 25, 2019
Good place to work. Learned a lot of useful skills. The people are nice and I have no real complaints. Working the graveyard shift is tough on health so after a few years I quit.
Pros
Free food
Cons
Hours can be rough
Fun
Housekeeper (Former Employee) –  Portland, ORJune 25, 2019
I loved working at Hyatt it was a very nice place to work at that I help with from the ground up it very nice and I’m glad to say that I worked there.
Make lifelong friends
Rooms Operations Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 25, 2019
Great benefits and employees make the workload easier. However, poor pay scale in comparison to nearby hotels, poor communication between management and employees.
Hyatt Regency Sarasota Not Actually Hyatt
Employee (Current Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 24, 2019
The company is franchised out to Interstate Hotels. Cheap, slave driving, management vs employees mentality. They will purposefully schedule you on requested days off and give other employees 5 days off in a row, and they won't approve PTO until 5 days before so good luck planning a trip. The hotel also runs the MINIMAL staff necessary to keep daily functions, but one employee does about 3 jobs. Ex: Bartender also buses and waits tables for entire restaurant.
Pros
Free employee food in Bistro
Cons
Bistro Food is disgusting
Fun and go place to work nice people and employment and good place to stay
Valet (Former Employee) –  Tulsa, OKJune 23, 2019
The best hotel we have in Tulsa with the best people good food entertainment and and go place to work everyone is always happy and lovable the best ever
Productive and positive workplace
Sales Representative (Former Employee) –  Sedona, AZJune 23, 2019
Weekly Training. Daily meetings. Sufficient breaks. Mentoring throughout the day. Learned how to listen to clients' needs. Professional dress. Pride in company standards.
Horrible management
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Las Vegas, NVJune 22, 2019
Hyatt was a good place until a new AGM came in and the second AGM left. Horrible management, employees are treated unfairly and major favoritism. Strict on uniforms yet don’t provide a uniform. Don’t allow night auditors any kind of breaks. When asked when I could sit and rest for a bit, I was told when I used the bathroom. Unorganized, property falling apart, poor scores due to property issues yet it’s the front desks agents fault.
It was okay work place.
Internship (Former Employee) –  Cincinnati, OHJune 22, 2019
This job was a temporary work experience .And i only worked in the kitchen as a cleaner most often.this was a slow job i did not hqve much to do .i like a full time job to keep me going .
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
Shift
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Sarasota, FLJune 21, 2019
Good place to get experience large scale events hotel is outdated and needs to be renovated Overall I learned a lot and enjoyed my work. Made good contacts in the industry.
Fun, productive, and caring work place
Hotel Valet (Former Employee) –  Orange, CAJune 20, 2019
Was a great place to work at overall. I enjoyed the people I had the pleasure of working with. After I got injured they tried to find as many ways as possible for me to work without missing any days so as not to put me in a financial bind.
Productive and Fun workplace
Bartender (Former Employee) –  Philadelphia, PAJune 19, 2019
The Hyatt pays great and has great staff. I would definitely recommend to anyone looking to be apart of a fun, fast-paced, and non-stressful work environment.
Laid back job if you enjoy cleaning
HOUSEKEEPER (Former Employee) –  Westlake, OHJune 19, 2019
Hyatt Place was a nice job to have if you like to be off to yourself and just do your job. The staff was friendly and understanding but the workload was a bit much for the pay. The front desk person was paid more to do less work.
long hours, lovely environment
Assistant Restaurant Manager (Former Employee) –  United StatesJune 19, 2019
Hyatt is a beautiful hotel, and had many distinguished guests staying while I was there, I learned much about running a dining room, and dealing with staff issues. Hardest part of the job was staff, best part of the job was customers
Pros
clientele
Cons
Phenomenal company to work for
Assistant Front Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Washington, DCJune 19, 2019
I worked for the company for 4 years in total, and it was amazing. I left the company for personal reasons, but I would absolutely recommend it to anyone. I was in management, so my work/life balance was a bit nonexistent, but I had wonderful coworkers and we all worked well together
Pros
amazing culture, supportive management
Cons
limited work/life balance
Fun and excited place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Aurora, COJune 19, 2019
Great company to work for. Management mostly lets you do your job and if you need help they will step in where needed. Clientele is mostly people that have family in one of the three hospitals across the street. So you have to be aware that it can be a sad place to work sometimes. We also get the corporate crown that are attending conventions at our hotel. Overall a fun place to work. Busy in the summer a little slow in the winter.
Pros
Free Dinners
Cons
No breaks when you work at night alone.
The best part of the job was when the kitchen manager orders hundreds of dollars of inventory thats wrong, and just gives it away for free.
Kitchen Assistant (Former Employee) –  KitchenJune 18, 2019
If you like to work for a lazy child that plays on her /his phone all day, and have to do there job for them, while they make the big bucks, then this jobs for you. You can never succeed in this job.
Good staff
HOSTESS (Former Employee) –  Houston, TXJune 17, 2019
The staff and management is good, you receive nice hours, and great service. I learned how to engage in more conversation with others and provide good customer service.
Great Place
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJune 16, 2019
Worked as a night auditor for about a year before a parent fell ill and I had to relocate back home, would definitely work here again. The only small complaint I'd have is they don't give discounts to the hotel restaurant but they pay well enough it's not an issue.
Love it
Banquet Server (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAJune 16, 2019
11yrs and I love it. Every job has its ups and downs but there’s more ups here, great pay and people that you can call your family. If you want a job with good discounts good pay and a place to call 2nd home then this is it
Pros
Free lunch great staff
Cons
Not the best free lunch
house keepinf is very fun
Room Attendant (Former Employee) –  Carlsbad, CAJune 16, 2019
I was Working as a Room Attendace, I got Sick Now i need Part time They dont wanna hire me Again, I really need a job. Please help me i now that That they have a job for me, I try to apply again so many times, but i have no lucks.
Pros
free hotel
Cons
nopes

53.5K
42.1K
31.1K

Women's ratings

3.7Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss