Hyatt Employee Reviews

Found 4,647 reviews matching the search See all 6,422 reviews
From Full to Part
Room Attendant (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MDDecember 14, 2018
It started out great. The hours and work load was booming in the beginning of the season. As the season began to change, the hours changed to less and less.
Relaxed and Friendly Environment
Night Auditor/Front Desk (Current Employee) –  Lexington, KYDecember 14, 2018
If you want to work in an environment where you can meet great people and have great conversations then Hyatt is for you. You can meet great people, enjoy meeting awesome guest, and enjoy a laid back work pace that allows you the time to really get to know the people on staff.
Recognition for Hard Work
Sales Systems Administrator (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 13, 2018
Was able to learn and advance and even completely change careers.
Excellent and complete training provided with tools to perform job. Good benefits, meals included in workday. Sufficient breaks, transparent communication.
Pros
Free lunches, transparency, supportive, educational
Cons
Parking
It is always so busy but fun.
Wait Staff/ Cashier (Former Employee) –  Saipan, MPDecember 13, 2018
A typical day at work consists of constant moving around; from serving guests to cleaning your work area, going room to room for room service and opening and closing to prepare for next shift. Working there taught me to be more patient with my coworkers and customers, fully energized for the work day, and it also made me more comfortable with talking more to my coworkers and customers. Management is very supportive; always willing to give a helping hand. Hyatt is the most family-friendly hotel I have ever worked at. Everyone is so nice, caring, and loving. The hardest part about my job were the long hours. Sometimes leaving home by 6:20 am to get to work by 6:45 am to prepare myself for the morning shift only to find out that someone called in sick for the later shift and I need to be the one to stay back. The long hours were killer but, the extra money was always good. The most enjoyable part of my job was seeing customers walk out satisfied and happy and then seeing them come back again. Seeing that myself and my coworkers all got along was the best part of all.
Benefits
Cons
Long and exhausting hours
Great pay, organized management
Banquet Server (Former Employee) –  Cedar Creek, TXDecember 12, 2018
Working banquets at the Hyatt is a great job for anyone. Excellent pay, easy work, good teams, highly organized. I'd recommend this job to anyone seeking transitional employment or a career.
Great
customer service & front desk (Former Employee) –  FloridaDecember 12, 2018
Had a lot of fun working here, it just gets a little busy at times. the pay is good depending on where your living and the hours are abundant. I would definitely recommend.
Pros
fast paced and fun
Cons
could be extremely busy at times
my summary
Loss Prevention Officer (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 12, 2018
a typical work day is always easy at the hyatt hotel you check in with the security and head to the locker room to put uor uniform on the job isn't hard people only make it hard
Pros
free lunch
Cons
low raises
Respectful
Barista (Former Employee) –  Scottsdale, AZDecember 12, 2018
For a corporate company, the Hyatt Regency Scottsdale Resort and Spa treats its employees excellently. One free lunch per day, and respect from supervisors made for a great place to work.
Front Desk
Front Desk Team Leader (Former Employee) –  Savannah, GADecember 12, 2018
Meeting new people every day. People who stayed were sweet most of the time. Unless there was an issue with there room. Weekends are required due to the business.
It could be a fun place to work .
Gallery Host/Bartender (Former Employee) –  Oklahoma City, OK 73104December 11, 2018
Management sucks. They do not care about family life. The needs of the hotel come first. I wouldn't suggest anybody to work there unless they get a new GM.
Telephone Operator (Former Employee) –  Miami, FLDecember 8, 2018
I enjoyed working at the Hyatt Regency. The staff I had at the time was great to work with. Even though we did not have our own parking lot, nor had any benefits as a part-timer.
Pros
discount on lunch
Cons
No private parking for employees
Hyatt a great place to work
Night Auditor (Current Employee) –  Kaanapali, HIDecember 7, 2018
I enjoy the positive environment and excellent benefits provided by the Hyatt. Management really cares for people so that they can be their best. Their purpose and brand ring true. Hospitality can be a fun and challenging career choice. I enjoy it very much.
The job was alright
Lead Gallery Host-Front Office (Former Employee) –  Overland Park, KSDecember 6, 2018
Management didn't take care of the housekeeping to make sure that the rooms are clean for the customers so that makes your job difficult to check people in when there are not rooms clean. And you have to do like 5 job in one, check people in, banter, cook food, sometimes do maintenance, specially when the maintenance man was not there or not hire.
Great company, fast paced environment
Customer Service Front Desk (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LADecember 6, 2018
Front desk was very busy with up to 1200 check ins on a shift, but fascinating in the people you would meet. Problem solving was a must and satisfying when the customer walks away satisfied.
Pros
Advancement available, enjoyable atmosphere, diverse customers
Cons
Difficult with children because the hotel is open 24/7
Great for Managers, not for hourly employees
Convention Services (Current Employee) –  Santa Ana Pueblo, NMDecember 4, 2018
Unless you're a manager, prepare to work long hours with little pay and little benefits. Hours get cut during the winter time because the workflow is a heads in bed type ordeal, so once people stop coming to events later in the year so does your hours and your money. Don't make this your primary job unless you're a manager here, they take care of the managers, not the hourly workers.
Pros
Free Lunch, Discounted rooms, Discounts in house
Cons
Long days little money, Very small chance of being promoted
Wonderful Option and Hotel to work at
Night Auditor/PBX Operator (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILDecember 4, 2018
I appreciated the opportunity Chicago Hyatt gave me to return to the hospitality industry and I did my best and so my experience reflected that! I recommend Hyatt as a company to learn and grow with.
Pros
Coworkers, opportunities for advancement
Cons
Hours and short scheduling
okay
Front Desk Agent (Former Employee) –  Ft. Lauderdale, FLDecember 4, 2018
The job is great for experience as not only do you do just fornt desk but the job requires bartending and cooking as well. There is no bellman or valet so bellman is the fornt desk as optional but overall and good place to work
Terrible work environment, terrible management and terrible owner
Houseman (Former Employee) –  Charlotte, NCDecember 3, 2018
If you work for the Hyatt Place in Uptown Charlotte, be prepared to be mistreated, over- worked, and have none of your thoughts and concerns paid attention to. The managers allow for their personal friendship to interfere with their professionalism. Employees have tried as hard as to get corporate and the owner, Palak, involved and nothing had even attempted to be done about the abusive work environment that employees endure on a daily basis. Stick to bigger corporations with an actual functioning HR department that respond to your concern and needs.
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZDecember 3, 2018
Great place to work. They offer flexible schedules and hotel discounts outside your home hotel. However, the pay is very low for the amount of work and the standards that are expected.
Pros
Hotel discunts
Hardest part of the job
Server (Current Employee) –  Rochester, NYDecember 2, 2018
The hardest part of the job is that you actually do not know what your walking into when you come in to work for the day either it can be a very smooth work day or a stressful day where nothing is prepared or in order for the particular event that is going on or theirs a lack of communication going on between management and servers
Pros
Free Food, discount specials, smoke breaks or 5 minute breaks
Cons
Hours vary every week

53K

3.2InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.2Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight