Hyatt Employee Reviews

High pressure job
Sales Associate (Former Employee) –  OmahaOctober 20, 2018
Back to back calls, need to maintain high conversion rate 51% to meet goal if do not make u can loss your job, need x amount of credit card transfers for customers to sign up for hyatt credit card if missed you can loss your job, meet handle time, adherence, they projected goals make it a stressful job..this is a call center for room reservations should not be a stressful job.
Pros
Co workers
Cons
Hyatt is a great company to work for.
Rooms Corporate Intern (Former Employee) –  Cedar Creek, TXOctober 19, 2018
Working as an intern I was able to experience the different departments within the Rooms Department. Interning at Hyatt allowed my to advance my managerial skills because the managers were good at working to foster leadership. Hyatt is a family company and the truly comes across because all employees help to support one another.
Productive and fun workplace
Kitchen Cleanup Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Wichita, KSOctober 19, 2018
-A typical day at work here for me would be pleasant
-The workplace culture was very calm, peaceful, and mentally productive
-The hardest part of this job was the first few days were I had to create a strategy to complete my job within three hours
- The crew was the most enjoyable part of the job because I was able to learn of different lifestyles that made my days go by a little smoother.
Valet
Customer Care Representative (Former Employee) –  Rochester, NYOctober 18, 2018
Company is a bunch of illegal morons that love to screw over their employees. No wonder it iis bankrupt and losing people......,,,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,.,
Pros
n.a
Cons
idiots
Great place to meet new people
Bellman (Former Employee) –  New Orleans, LAOctober 18, 2018
Great place to meet new people with the opportunity to build relationships throughout great customer service skill & timely errand runs that provide guest with a great experience in the city.
Pros
Meeting new people, new experiences
Best experience
Assistant to Director of Operations (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 17, 2018
The people that Hyatt hires are quality people that will give you long lasting relationships. I learned from all departments and never felt like I was an outsider.
Good place to build job history/ Chesterfield MO Hyatt Place
Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Chesterfield, MOOctober 17, 2018
The job was okay but being there being only one overnight person a night makes it stressful in many ways. Firstly any issue you have to resolve alone from complaints that you do not have the tools to fix due to limited access to support ares at night to real emergencies. If you have an emergency you either have to wait for someone to show up if the phone is answered or abandon the post if it is that important. For me the incredible sense of loneliness, realization that you are truly on your own, and inability to do anything with people due to the overnight hours took it's toll on my mind. This is why I looked for other jobs because after 2.5 years of it I was burnt out. Also I was the supervisor after second shift left so that made the pay a little more insulting I will say that the 2nd shift positions are pretty good but they consider full time 30 or more so if you want a part time job with benefits and at least 30 hours it is a good deal. Overall if it is not the night shift it is really not too bad for what they pay but you will need a thick skin for hospitality. All of this applies only to Chesterfield MO Hyatt place.
Pros
Decent benefits, staff was amiable, and the location is nice
Cons
Overnight has no proper breaks and rushes can be very stressful.
A Great Hotel
Assistant Banquet Manager (Former Employee) –  Rosemont, ILOctober 17, 2018
It's been a number of years since I worked for Hyatt, though I remember it as a generally wonderful experience. Ultimately I left having reached a position with other managers ahead of me, leaving me without room to grow and I had not wanted to stagnate.
Awesome place to work with great people!
Manager (Former Employee) –  Chicago, ILOctober 17, 2018
Wonderful collaboration with co-workers within and across department. The company does great charity events and partnerships. A place you feel proud to work!
Productive and Busy
Assistant General Manager II (Current Employee) –  Ridgeland, MSOctober 17, 2018
The Hyatt Place is my first semi-full service hotel. It has been a pleasure working there. Way different than an extended stay, but I have definitely learned a lot.
Pros
Awesome staff, busy hotel, almost always sold out.
Cons
In need of renovating, always busy (LOL)
Be prepared to work
Assistant Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 16, 2018
Hyatt is a great company to work for. Just be prepared to work long hours and have your schedule be all over the place. I have learned a lot in a short amount of time and servers are willing to help you learn as a new manager. Hardest part of the job is having multiple people telling you different ways of doing the same thing. Most enjoyable part of the job would be the guests faces and responses when you make their stay or help them.
Poor management
HOUSEKEEPING SUPERVIOSR (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
Very horrible place to work. Management was very poor. HR was the worst I've ever had to deal with. Missing time from payroll and sometimes missing paychecks.
Only Worried About Short Term Profit
Restaurant Supervisor (Former Employee) –  Lexington, KYOctober 16, 2018
Always running in a state of being understaffed & overworked. Meaning that we neither had enough employees for the workload or enough scheduled to work.
Uncaring management & human resources department.
How many other hotels base management bonuses on guest satisfaction & expenses, TPG (owner) only bonuses based on how below budget the department is. This means it is race to the bottom.
Pros
Almost impossible to get fired. Meet some really great guests.
Cons
No breaks. Uncaring management.
its a nice place to work for
Pool attendant (Former Employee) –  Orlando, FLOctober 16, 2018
its locate on international drive, its a pretty beautiful establishment 7 the layout plus its not to bad as a pool attendant during the summer, also a good first job
Not interested
Gallery Host (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXOctober 15, 2018
Having Gallery Hosts make the food as well as the coffee, bar, and customer service/room service isn't the best idea. Management is different per location but mine wasn't good at all, unnecessary expectations.
Exciting
HVAC Mechanic (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2018
Working at the Hyatt, you have to be on your toes. The environment is really high-paced and you have to expect the unexpected and have grace under pressure.
Pros
Free lunches
Cons
Short breaks
I was the line cook
Line Cook (Former Employee) –  Pittsburgh, PAOctober 14, 2018
I work the morning shift 7am to 3pm ,first thing I do is to setup the line for lunch and cook for the guest and then, at lunch time I work the sauté station ,grille the broiler and the salad station I like staying busy.
Stressfu
Banquet Captain (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 14, 2018
Cut-throat management, love to hire young white people, stressful at the time I was there, Hard to get into top management not able to stay at hotel
Pros
free lunches at the time I was there and you can get your uniform cleaned
Cons
no room for advancement if you are older and black
Hyatt Place
Gallery Host/Night Auditor (Former Employee) –  Riverside, CAOctober 14, 2018
Though management at this particular venue is lacking I will not fault the brand for that however the corporate ownership is at fault.

Now for the brand.

We are not known to be Front Desk Agents but Gallery Host.

This is why. (After working at 1 specific venue).

Assuming the reader knows the responsibilities of a guest agent I wont get into specifics.

A Gallery Host:

Typical guest agent duties...
-Take and make food orders 24/7 and or late bite menu.
-Bar tending with no training except for a bunch of laminated pages on how to make specific drinks. (I rather have the guest show me.) The guest are my teachers and it's quicker than searching and following the recipe. (Tips included) (Bar closes at midnight)
-Though their is complimentary coffee at certain hours of the morning and evening a gallery host is expected to make and serve limited Starbucks Coffee.
A gallery host is expected to help with kitchen duties such as:
-Setting up breakfast
-Making/cooking breakfast
-Washing dishes
-essentially working at Hyatt Place as a Gallery Host you are extremely underpaid and under trained.
-The only good out of all these hats we are required to have on is that it helps for those just getting started in the industry and getting their feet wet in all aspects and does not have to rely on a low paying job.
-I'll add....we are expected to assist with catering. Setting up and taking down catered events or meetings. They feel the small % incentive they share with us a motivational aspect.

This job is not for those whom are use to working only as a
  more... Front Desk Agent.

I'll put on my happy face, assist guest, and assure a pleasant stay. After all. Most whom are not working and are willing to work would not mind working here.

I have over 10 years working at limited service, boutique, and full service hotels. Hyatt in comparison is the worse place to work for.
Pros
Your employeed
Cons
Underpaid
wonderful job
Supervisor assistant (Former Employee) –  Denver, COOctober 13, 2018
it's an terrific , amazing team to be working with , they were very very helpful to me especially at the beginning because it was me first job I got, The manager was so awesome and flexible and understandable beside so proficient.
in addition to, you can do your religious indeeds, with a lot of respect of all coworkers.
I really liked it a lot but was looking for better job.

53K

Powered by Fairygodboss

3.2Fairygodboss Score

67%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

100%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.