Hycom Inc

Hycom Inc Employee Reviews

Hycom Inc insights

Areas for improvement
  • Fair pay for job
  • General feeling of work happiness
  • Trust in colleagues

n/a

My experience at Hycom was fair. It was a well paying job with fair hours. The only issue that came to rise was some disagreements that arose with other coworkers which was easily resolved without management intervening.

Could have been great but....

Though I was initially excited about joining this company it only took three months and 16 days to completely alter my perception. I am extremely disappointed because I thought that I was going to have a positive impact and bring forth necessary change to a company that needed it and was willing to admit that they did. As a professional, I've always been prepared to receive kickback from those that I would be imposing changes on and expect support from my counterparts, but I've learned repeatedly that it's the other way around. Hycom management was not as receptive to change as they like to think they are and it is unfortunate because it is desperately needed for the employees and customers sake. At I can say I tried...but my mental, physical, emotional, and spiritual wellbeing means more to me than a paycheck in an environment that doesn't value what I bring to the table or its other employees. I know my worth.

Pros

Laid back work environment, for employees on the production floor there is little to no stress, and no micromanagement, the hours are great, and they pay weekly.

Cons

Pay is low, benefits need revised (all benefits should in effect at the same time), vacation needs increased, they need retirement, they need to improve on training and development, office manager should be nicer in person and on the phone, management needs training (emotional intelligence), I think I'll stop here...

Official response from Hycom Inc

July 30, 2021
Funny how the most previous review @ a 4 star and this one were submitted by the same person. Only after said Manager received feedback that she requested. Unfortunately she just wasn't ready for the position nor was she effective.

Laid back work environment

I am happy to be working for Hycom. There are good people here and my role will afford opportunities to bring forth necessary change. I am glad that I did not base my decision to come here on other's opinions or reviews of the company because I would have made a huge mistake. I appreciate the laid back environment, the weekly pay, the people are a pleasure to work with, and my leader does empower me to do what I was hired to do. I see potential in this place.

Pros

Laid back environment, weekly pay, Monday through Friday, first shift, nice work culture

Cons

currently no retirement or no EAP

Show up, do my job, and enjoy the fruits of my labor, that's Hycom!

I am glad that I did not base my decision to come here on previous reviews because my experience thus far has been pleasurable. Leadership is encouraging, open to change, and are providing me tools to be successful. The culture is laid back, friendly and inviting, but I know that there is an expectation for me to show up (on time) and complete the tasks I've been hired to do. I have absolutely no problem giving this company my best because I have autonomy to do so, and again leadership that trusts and supports my ideas for moving the company forward. I am more than confident becoming a part of this organization was the right choice.

Pros

Laid back but safe work environment, weekly pay, casual dress, stable company, benefits

Cons

Currently no retirement

Management talks to employees like they are trash

This place is a joke. The managers treat employees horrible. They talk about employees to other employees. No matter how hard you work or how good you are at your job they still think you are below them. The owners of this company have been making money off the hard working people of Barberton for years. But they never give back. It's truly a horrible place to work and I wouldn't recommend this place to my worst enemy.

Pros

Cons

Everyone that runs that place are horrible people

Would you rate your company five stars?

Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.

Not a long term job that anybody would want.

Management consists of the owners sons. They are a family owned and operated facility so a lot of the crew members have family ties with the higher ups. The whole family; all real pieces of work. Especially the one son- he's great! You'll have a lot of fun with that guy!.........

Pros

Cons

all higher ups treat you as though you are worthless to them

Busy

Full time work. Growing company. Investing in newer machinery. I did notice that the people that left did miss a lot of work anyway. They do supply lunches during holidays. Gave out turkeys on Thanksgiving and hams at Christmas.

Good Work, Fair Company

The work is hard and the wage is fair. Customer base is demanding so hitting targets is key. Find people who do not last usually have a bad attitude or do not want to work. Many people have been there 20+ years. Get a 10 min break plus a 30 min lunch. Hours 7-3:30. Overtime is limited but if you work hard it is available.

Stressful, poor job security

My experience was terrible here, supervisor was completely rude and just a flat out jerk, employees had nothing but drama going on and there is zero job security. Worked with hycom for a very short amount of time before getting let go for essenially no reason, would not recommend anyone work here.

Cons

short breaks, no benefits, hostile work environment

Dont waste your time

Ex owners of B&C machine, pay is horrible and 0 concerns on safety, maintenance staff is a total joke , save yourself the pain and go elsewhere. ) room to advance and if you are ambitious they will destroy that. Had insurance but was informed that the no longer will be offering it. so no health insurance and horrible pay!! Steer clear

Cons

no benifits, poor pay with no raises

Jobs at Hycom Inc

See more jobs

Good Training, Relaxed Environment

Good training to get experience within factory based establishment. Relaxed environment with good people to work with/for. Guarantee 40 hours a week and a steady job.

poor management

Could be a good place to work for if they would clear up some issues with who's running the shop.The company offers NO benefits what so ever.No incentive's other than weekly pay.Why would you want to work for a company with nothing to offer? It's a good place to brush up on welding skills to get a better job with something to offer.

Pros

weekly pay, good hours

Cons

NO BENEFITS WHAT SO EVER in a industrial shop

Not a good place at all

Old building, no benefits, rude people, bad management. Overall it's just a bad work environment and should be avoided entirely.I know it sounds harsh, but it's very fitting.

Pros

Cons

no benefits

Good working Enviroment

A typical day at work for me included answering phones and e-mails. Then billing the previous days shipment, then I file the copies away, sort for mailing purposes. After billing was finished I matched receipts with purchase orders to prepare for accounts receivable. At the end of the day I would turn everything off and lock up for the night. Co-workers are all very good people and very helpful. It got kind of hectic at times. The best part is the people you get to work along side

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hycom Inc. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

2.4