Hydrite Employee Reviews

This company is a joke
Shipping and dispatch (Former Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJanuary 4, 2019
Worked for this company for a long time with no advancement management played favorites all the time. Very inconsistent with company policies.co workers were good people
Benefits
Cons
Plant management
This was an amazing employer. I had to leave due to personal reasons.
Corporate Office Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIOctober 22, 2018
I would still be at Hydrite today if I didn't have a family commitment come up. I enjoyed everything about the company. The management was outstanding. A very fair and comfortable place to work.
Pros
Excellent communication, good pay, quality employees.
Great people, Honest Culture
OUTSIDE SALES (Former Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIOctober 2, 2018
Started in a development program which trained in customer service with eventual advancement into outside sales. Company is filled with great employees and management who cares. Bonus structure is clearly outlined, but can be difficult to achieve due to external circumstances out of your control ( for example one of your customers going out of business etc.).

My career advancement path was capped as I was unwilling to relocate with eventual elimination of my position due to corporate restructuring of sales team. As a whole, company is diversified, strong balance book and plenty of opportunities.
Pros
No Big Brother, compensation package including car, pension, profit sharing, 401K
Cons
Lead generation assistance absent
Dependable but lacking the drive to improve
Production Operator (Current Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WISeptember 25, 2018
The work is continuous and the variety of products and industries the company serves means you likely don't have to worry about losing the job. However due to the tight job market employee standards are often unfortunately lax; for the most part product is delivered on time and management is unwilling to take the risk to find more motivated employees.
Mid level manager in operations area (Former Employee) –  WisconsinAugust 23, 2018
If you are ethical and work hard, you have very solid job security. Advancement potential is good but you could be limited by those already in spots that have a while before they retire. That's not a bad thing if you have time to wait. It proves the company is loyal to those that have been loyal to the company.

The culture is changing from a "just get it done" culture to a more safety aware manufacturing company. Like all larger companies, some of the management is great, some are terrible and the majority are pretty good. The owners continue to really value the employees, regardless of the position they hold.
Pros
Very good benefits
Cons
It can be stressful and chaotic at times
Such a cluster, terrible management,
Production Worker (Former Employee) –  OshkoshAugust 10, 2018
My experience at hydrite was a waste of my time. Your not given any time to get to know your job tasks before they let you off on your own. When you are put on your own you'll realize that everything you learned wasnt half of whats expected out of you and it's never good enough. While you struggle through your job duties expect to be harassed by either your supervisor or a different shifts supervisor because your not getting enough done and you've left so much work for the next person to do. It's a dangerous environment, rude and threatening management. If you make it through that dont make any mistakes, you must be perfect if your not they will push you out the door or just fire you. Everyone is treated differently and the suck ups are the ones management listens too your work ethic means nothing.
Pros
Unlimited over time
Cons
The entire place and company
Unsatisfactory
Chemist (Current Employee) –  Oshkosh, WIJune 22, 2018
The most enjoyable part of the job is the workers, the chemical operators are easy to get along with and fun. The regional plant manager is one of the best most level-headed people I have ever worked with, the managers below him leave something to be desired though.
Not So fun
Warehousing and Inventory Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Milwaukee, WIMarch 10, 2018
Not a good place to work. no sense of direction. Positions are vague and no training is provided. Expected to know everything on your own with sense of direction. They then penalize you for not knowing your role.
An employee oriented company that is financially strong and growth oriented.
Quality Assurance Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIDecember 8, 2017
Hydrite is a great place to work. Very well managed by a privately held family. While my immediate supervisor was not one of the better managers, most managers at all levels are well qualified. The general working environment is relaxed and culturally they are purposed to be first to the marketplace.
Good Company Poor Staffing
Central Project/Process Engineer (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WIJune 8, 2017
Quality company with good co-workers. Interesting and highly varied work. Like many companies today they keeps head count low to save money leading to lots of work for dedicated employees. Makes getting some tasks done difficult since no one ever has time.

Want to know more about Hydrite?

Ask a question
Manageable
Process Technician (Former Employee) –  Cottage Grove, WIApril 26, 2017
Has its perks. Co-workers are good folks. Though the company is lacking in Climate Control and reactive approaches on certain matters involving outdated equipment.
Pros
Reasonable breaks and staff potlucks
Cons
Expect to work five 12hr shifts twice a month
Great Management and work enviroment
Chemical Monitoring/ Production (Current Employee) –  Waterloo, IASeptember 20, 2016
My experience at Hydrite Chemical was a very positive one. All employees where very helpful and made for a fun, yet productive work environment.
Pros
Great pay
Cons
Health Care
poor workplace
Food Room daytime (Current Employee) –  Visalia, CAAugust 3, 2016
worked in Visalia for people that a promise you the world and put a knife right in your back poor management horrible office staff the receptionist was nice but everyone else can go f*** themselves
Pros
cool production people
Cons
non-working favoritism employee spoiled brat
Great job.
Director of Key Account Management (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJanuary 31, 2014
Heavy travel.

Co-workers were fun to work with for the most part.

The work was the most enjoyable.
Hydrite was a good company to work for.
Strategic Sourcing Manager (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJune 10, 2013
I was a strategic sourcing manager. During my whole career at Hydrite I worked in the Corporate Purchasing department. There was never a typical day at Hydrite and this kept the job exciting. I negotiated with both domestic and off shore suppliers and this was very interesting to me.
Pros
Clean work environment.
Cons
Pressure for growth.
QC Chemist
QC Chemist (Former Employee) –  Waterloo, IAMarch 12, 2013
A typical day at work consisted of running samples and making corrections to batches not containing the correct amounts of material. When I was hired I was under the impression that this was a "Chemical Plant" it was more of a distribution facility. My coworkers held a bit of a grudge because I was brought in to replace the Lab Manager once he left. The job was not a challenge at all. It was relatively brainless and I was disappointed that some of the other "Chemists" didn't even know how to pipette. I thought having the title of a Chemist was prestigious, but in this case we were just grunts. However, working with the operators in the plant was very enjoyable.
Pros
good benifits package
Cons
boring
Hydrite Chemical Co. was a good company and cared about its employees
Regulatory Specialist (Former Employee) –  Brookfield, WIJuly 10, 2012
Never a dull moment. Always had lots of work to do and keeping up with the weekly or monthly changes of regulations from the EPA or the Wisconsin DNR.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hydrite. Our community is ready to answer.