HYDRO-GEAR Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Hydro-gear is a great job for first time assembly pay is good for young people looking to get started
Assembly/teardown (Current Employee) –  Princeton, KYJune 16, 2018
I enjoy working there have good time and meet a lot of people. The upper management is good about rewarding for setting goals and breaking records....
Pros
Insurance 401k and vacation hours build up
Cons
Sometimes overtime can be a lot
Results-oriented, fast-paced environment
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 29, 2018
It's an eight hour shift, where your goal for all eight hours is to help the line complete as many units as possible. Management is as friendly as you are, but don't expect time off.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 23, 2018
Had good experience with all the staff and other employees made alot of friends and people seen how hard i work which maybe made them work harder to great first place to work
Enjoyed working there, work is easy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMarch 3, 2018
We have meetings everyday & stretch before our shift then we'll report to our SL (Shift Leader) & she or he will tell us which area & machine or machines we'll operate. I learned how to operate on different machines, packing & loading my parts correctly, after my parts were cut I learned how to check each part for flaws. I enjoyed working there cause the work was easy & everybody got along as well as good benefits. The hardest part was driving so far in really bad weather like snow. I really enjoyed interacting with others, laughing & enjoying what I did as well as training new employees.
Pros
Breaks are 15 minutes & lunch 30 minutes
Cons
good benefits
Laborer
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Was a assembly line worker producing lawn mower components. Operated CNC machinery and other shop equipment. Workplace culture was good. Enjoyed interacting with co-workers
Enjoyable Job
Lawn Mower/Maintence (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I enjoyed doing this job because it gave me the opportunity to learn how to work in a factory setting. I also enjoyed getting to learn how to work on the lawn mowers when they broke down.
A very nice place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 24, 2018
Very nice work environment. Employees are courteous and so is the staff. Employer cares about htheir workers and their families. Supervisors door is always open if you ever need to talk to them.
Fast paced. Short breaks.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILDecember 30, 2017
Met a lot of good people. Very welcoming place to work. Some management needs to work on people skills. Turnover is very high. Pay is low. Anyone can do this job.
Pros
Friendliest place i've ever worked
Cons
Breaks are short, work every other Saturday
Productive at good fast pace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILDecember 20, 2017
I will put parts into the machine for them to get cut then wait for them to get done when they are done i spray them off and chip check and put them on certain type of layers
Pros
friendly helpful people
Cons
cold
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, IlNovember 1, 2017
This was a very productive and advanced company. They are very fast paced however the jobs are not difficult. It is an easy job to learn and great teamwork.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Lay offs
Clean and quiet factory, decent pay.
Silver level tear down operator (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILAugust 13, 2017
Fast paced factory environment; definitely room for motivated people to work hard and grow with a growing company. As a production associate, there is a great team work ethic here, along with urgency to make quality transmissions at quota.
Pros
Clean, safe work enviroment. Growing company with a vision for the future.
Cons
Compensation, particually pay, is below average.
Great starter job
Industrial Safety Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJuly 19, 2017
Hydro-gear is a great place for someone that is right out of school to learn from years and years of experienced professionals. They offer a wide range of opportunities at many levels of business.
Productive and Wonderful
Bronze Advanced Operator and Mentor (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJuly 18, 2017
I love working here. Sure, it has some normal difficulties that ALL employers have, but overall, it is excellent. The benefits are great and the more you apply yourself, the further you will go. The starting pay is below industry average, but you can very easily catch up in a short amount of time. Any bad review seen, is either from a terrible worker that calls off all the time, or temp workers that don't for some reason know they do not actually work for Hydro-Gear. On that note even, the only real requirement to get hired on to Hydro-Gear is actually showing up for work. If you are willing to work hard, I VERY HIGHLY recommend this employer.
Pros
9 Months of overtime ( 6 Days a Week), and NO WEEKENDS during the Summer.
Cons
Favoritism can happen but not normal
Productive place to work
Assmbler (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJune 5, 2017
It's a stabile job there's not much interaction. It's a keep to your self type of job if your not into customer service then this job is great unlike me I like interacting with people making my job a fun place to go to not just a job
Pros
The pay rate it good
Cons
A loner Job
A lot of Team work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILApril 21, 2017
Everybody worked as a Team and acted as a family. They where really good with giving incentives to the workers for their hard work.Hours where also very good
Fun work place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILFebruary 14, 2017
Good job assignment just ended love the staff safe environment recommended to all loved it never had problems good pay good support system good money
Alright Place
Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYFebruary 11, 2017
I gave it 4 stars because the management is so friendly, but the work is like a sentence to hard labour, I was only here a couple days, the reason I didn't come back is because it was disorganized and I had to ask what to do every 5 minutes, I like a job where I can go in and do my thing and leave, I don't want to ask what to do all the time like a child, but like I said the higher-ups were really cool. You have to stretch before you start I thought that was really goofy, I didn't do it because it made me feel like a moron.
Pros
Cons
Disorganized
Product Engineer
Product Engineer (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILNovember 22, 2016
I learned a lot the lengthy time that I worked there.
In Product Development the task may include about anything. You see the product from birth to grave.
Upper Management (specifically the Sales & Apps management) is the worst I have ever seen anywhere.
large turn over rate
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYNovember 19, 2016
you stretch before work and at lunch to keep you limber. you are assigned a machine and are to keep track of your performance per hour and in between breaks to see if goals were being met. your co-workers will help until you get the hang of the machines at first after that it is up too you. the hard part is the repetitive lifting and the long work week if you are not use to the 7 days a week mandatory overtime during the seasonal times. they do give grill outs during the summer and buy food for those breaking the records times as well.
Pros
free meals, pay, and local so less drive time to work.
Cons
waiting forever to get hired on even after your 90 days, making goals to be met even with a small crew.
Fun place to work. Easy work.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILNovember 8, 2016
This is very fun place to work and I learned the machines very quickly. Everyone was very nice and it went at a good pace. Would recommend to anyone looking for a job.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HYDRO-GEAR. Our community is ready to answer.

HYDRO-GEAR Reviews by Location