HYDRO-GEAR Employee Reviews

Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 30, 2019
Very Unique place I would would enjoy this place as my career job place to work. I have here before i wish to come back and resume where i left off at in this beautiful place ive had nothing but a great work experience in this place.
Pros
Good aspects in evey angle I know this place well
Cons
Absolutely none you cannot get one out of me sorry.
Fun place to work
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 13, 2019
Fast paced place to work but fun and easy place to work large compare make parts for lawn mowers. Good and caring staff .long life work there to make all our lives better
Pros
Nice staff
Cons
Short breaks
Family type culture
2nd Shift Prod. Supervisor (Current Employee) –  SullivanDecember 18, 2018
Excellent place for junior employees with ambition. Good management, excellent executive team. Employees consider their shifts to be family. Family felt environment and business.
Pros
Process based leadership
Not the greatest work environment but it was a temporary job from the start
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILNovember 8, 2018
Not very social environment
Long days due to repetitive work
Always missed a large portion of my break dude to the long walk to the break rooms
Gettting payed weekly was nice
Pros
Knew quite a few people employed there
Cons
Always doin the same thing so the time seems to drag, short breaks with a hike to the break room so spent more time walkin then taken a break.
Was very repetitive
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILOctober 19, 2018
Was not a very good fit for me. I was on second shift. The time did go fast but overtime was mandatory. Didn't like the quota system they had. I would have liked to try assembly.
Getting alone with others very clean environment to work
Material Specialist/Assembly (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILOctober 18, 2018
It was a very good place to work very good environment and clean they very helpful . The trainer was pretty good willing to help out wherever it’s needed
Great Place
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILOctober 15, 2018
It was a good job to have everyone was friendly and it was a place you knew you could advance in if you want to you just need to put in the work and they will help out with whatever they can
Pros
Great hours
Cons
sometimes works on saturday
Easy to learn job, steady pace, felt too reliant on other people's attendance and work ethic.
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILSeptember 24, 2018
While working at Hydro-Gear, I found that the work done at stations was relatively easy compared to what I've experienced in my last work environment. Stations are areas people are assigned to for that portion of the shift, where they will stay until break. The only exception was when a person was assigned multiple stations, or expected to cover more stations than the one they are assigned. I grasped this concept immediately, within my first week I was hopping from station to station performing the necessary work with ease, while some others who had been there for months prior to my arrival were either struggling to keep up, or staying limited to just one station. Granted, some stations are harder than others, I found this to be no problem. A rhythm was very easy to put in place. My only qualms I had with Hydro-Gear was the fact that I couldn't balance my work life and private life, (Inevitably leading to my termination) and that I couldn't advance in my field. I had all the skills necessary to be certified on almost all stations in P-Series, but the assistant supervisor "didn't have time."
Pros
30 MInute Lunch and relatively easy work.
Cons
Poor managemant that doesn't understand a persons needs and wants.
Knowing about Hydro Gear Company
Hydro Gear (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILAugust 26, 2018
I learned alot Working at Hydro Gear , Mainly the stations.The hardest part of the job was Learning New Stations you had to get everything down packed Quickly so the line wouldn't stop or more slow.
Pros
Lunches
Cons
Short Breaks
Productive and fun work place
MACHINIST (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILAugust 14, 2018
Overall I enjoyed Hydro- Gear. The staff was always kind and understanding, as well as tough. They never let you slack, but they also never worked you to the bone. I really enjoyed Hydro-Gear!
Hydro-gear is a great job for first time assembly pay is good for young people looking to get started
Assembly/teardown (Current Employee) –  Princeton, KYJune 16, 2018
I enjoy working there have good time and meet a lot of people. The upper management is good about rewarding for setting goals and breaking records....
Pros
Insurance 401k and vacation hours build up
Cons
Sometimes overtime can be a lot
Results-oriented, fast-paced environment
Production Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 29, 2018
It's an eight hour shift, where your goal for all eight hours is to help the line complete as many units as possible. Management is as friendly as you are, but don't expect time off.
Machine operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 23, 2018
Had good experience with all the staff and other employees made alot of friends and people seen how hard i work which maybe made them work harder to great first place to work
Enjoyed working there, work is easy
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMarch 3, 2018
We have meetings everyday & stretch before our shift then we'll report to our SL (Shift Leader) & she or he will tell us which area & machine or machines we'll operate. I learned how to operate on different machines, packing & loading my parts correctly, after my parts were cut I learned how to check each part for flaws. I enjoyed working there cause the work was easy & everybody got along as well as good benefits. The hardest part was driving so far in really bad weather like snow. I really enjoyed interacting with others, laughing & enjoying what I did as well as training new employees.
Pros
Breaks are 15 minutes & lunch 30 minutes
Cons
good benefits
Laborer
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILFebruary 13, 2018
Was a assembly line worker producing lawn mower components. Operated CNC machinery and other shop equipment. Workplace culture was good. Enjoyed interacting with co-workers
Enjoyable Job
Lawn Mower/Maintence (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILFebruary 8, 2018
I enjoyed doing this job because it gave me the opportunity to learn how to work in a factory setting. I also enjoyed getting to learn how to work on the lawn mowers when they broke down.
A very nice place to work
Assembler (Former Employee) –  IllinoisJanuary 24, 2018
Very nice work environment. Employees are courteous and so is the staff. Employer cares about htheir workers and their families. Supervisors door is always open if you ever need to talk to them.
Fast paced. Short breaks.
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILDecember 30, 2017
Met a lot of good people. Very welcoming place to work. Some management needs to work on people skills. Turnover is very high. Pay is low. Anyone can do this job.
Pros
Friendliest place i've ever worked
Cons
Breaks are short, work every other Saturday
Productive at good fast pace
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILDecember 20, 2017
I will put parts into the machine for them to get cut then wait for them to get done when they are done i spray them off and chip check and put them on certain type of layers
Pros
friendly helpful people
Cons
cold
Machine Operator/Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, IlNovember 1, 2017
This was a very productive and advanced company. They are very fast paced however the jobs are not difficult. It is an easy job to learn and great teamwork.
Pros
Fast paced
Cons
Lay offs

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HYDRO-GEAR. Our community is ready to answer.

HYDRO-GEAR Reviews by Location