Hydro Gear Employee Reviews

Ratings breakdown
Headache
Assembly Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMarch 20, 2018
Not close distance and supervisor and employee commitment. We all had very little time for our breaks and also lunch breaks. Being rushed back from work before time has even started.
easy job
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYFebruary 21, 2018
just average overall really liked my supervisor. on days when an order was placed late we would have to run hard for a few days but everytime we got an order filled early we had an hour lunch. those were my kind of days. we would have pizza, grilled burgers and hotdogs. even tho it wasnt tht best food i have had it was the fact that we were rewarded for what most jobs businesses come to expect. i would work their again.
Cons
long drive
Enjoyable
Maintenance Mechanic (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 27, 2018
I enjoyed working there. It was a comfortable environment and the management were good. They provided good training and tools to get the job done. Nice place to work.
Lion share of employees are great.
Line Stocker (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYJanuary 9, 2018
This job didn't pay super great, but for the work required it wasn't a big surprise. The culture here is fast paced, but at the same time you have fun competing with one another in a fun way. Actually enjoyed going to work here.
good job with oppertunity for advancement
LEAD INSPECTION OPERATOR (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYDecember 13, 2017
i worked at this place for 5 years and overall it was a pretty good place to work with decent benefits and paid vacation time. The management was good at times also bad at times. The hardest part of the job sometimes was keeping up with the fast pace when you had to get last minute orders shipped out in time. I really enjoyed the people there and the job that i was doing.
Pros
good hours and OT
Cons
benefits, some of the employees
Fun
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILNovember 6, 2017
Hydro gear is an awesome place to work! I worked first shift with great people. They offer great benefits, weekly paychecks, and the point system is resonable, the supervisors are understanding when you need time off if they are notified in a timely manner. Overall awesome place to work I give it a thumbs up!
Good workplace culture
General Laborer (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILNovember 2, 2017
Enjoying the job and people. The hardest part of the job in the wages are not equal to job responsibilities and skills. Workplace culture is great. Management are great people.
Pros
Great workplace culture
Cons
Pay rate is not equal to my qualifications
Hydro Gear
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYOctober 10, 2017
It’s the easiest factory job u can’t beat working only 8 hours and get paid every week.. but I will say just do your work and don’t worry about anyone else
Pros
Pay weekly
Cons
Not enough break time
Assembly (Former Employee) –  Decatur, ILAugust 10, 2017
Company is awesome to work for. Great people that get along and work very well together on the assembly line. The assembly is very fast paced so keeping up is a must.
I like to grow in the job.
Assembly Line Worker forkl[ft (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILAugust 6, 2017
The sa are not doing there job.they charge you accrues when u take time off from work to go see you're son in the hospital.it is a good job I'll stay but I want something were I can improve myself.I work hard ever night for them.
Pros
Good workers
Cons
Short breaks yes.
Productive and fast paced
Line operator cell leader/Mentor (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYJune 12, 2017
Fast paced and team work environment, everyone works as a team to ensure the product is completed and shipped in a timely manner. If a production line is short as a team effort we will filled the positions of absent operators to ensure production and quality.
Pros
discounts on the made product
Very productive. good working environment, and good peers to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 31, 2017
Very competitive, more about quantity than quality. Sometimes a fast paced environment, cleaning and looking good for the managers is a big thing. Learned how to assemble transmissions for lawn mowers. The management left a lot to be desired, Supervisor constantly let his assistants do all of his work for him. The hardest part of the job for me, was meeting the goal of a certain number of units produced everyday, because the line was down quite a lot, and maintenance was called at least five to ten times a day.
Pros
Longer breaks than expected. easy clock in and out procedures
Cons
Management was rude, and not very task oriented.
Easy work. Clean environment
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Princeton, KYMay 21, 2017
Fast paced, labor intensive. Super easy to catch on to the work. If you like repeatative you will like this job. Really clean work areas, no mess to work around.
Ok Place To Work
Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sullivan, ILMay 9, 2017
It can be a fun place to work sometimes and The work/ to life balance is bad. I wish i had more time for my family and friends and management doesn't take you serious all the time and alot of the people there are really childish instead of professional
Productive place
Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILApril 12, 2017
I do not have much to comment on with hydro gear I went through a staffing service innovative staff solutions. Hydro Gear was a fun place to work and they taught me a lot of things
It was fun working with other people
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan IllinoisMarch 6, 2017
Still awake on the job be on time be prepared to work ask questions if you don't know anything some of the people in there are loved or good to work with others not
Pros
You got a 30 minute lunch break
Cons
A short 10-minute break
fast paste getting stuff done on time don't get behide
Operator (Current Employee) –  Caldwell County, KYJanuary 29, 2017
Learning stuff each day through out the day meeting new people just the experience of the job is okay just have to watch an learn
Cons
break every 2 hr
Fun and Friendly environment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 10, 2017
Worked hard and stayed openminded and made sure to complete my task and always help others if needed.I learned how to work more as a team and how to put parts together in a timely manner.my co workers was amazing and it was just days to just show up work and have fun also
A family, team, productive, benefical and busy
Employee (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILJanuary 8, 2017
I enjoyed working at hydro gear a lot. The pay and my son is what motivated me to go to work everyday . The people there were very welcoming , and generous . If I Could of stayed I would of . But my reason being for leaving is my car was broke down and I had trouble getting a ride back and forth everyday
Pros
The paid vactions and overtime
Cons
Short breaks and barely no days off
Great working enviorment
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Sullivan, ILSeptember 23, 2016
Ac in the factory, supervisors took care of any problems, many opportunities for over time, training was excellent, great people to work with, working conditions were safe, pay was fair for the work