Hydromax USA Employee Reviews

Terrible place to work
Field Technician (Former Employee) –  Capitol Heights, MDOctober 27, 2019
You had to go to the bathroom in a bucket and they ended the contract sooner and abruptly then what they had told the staff. And if the equipment broke they would send you home with little to no hours.
Pros
Cons
Bad work environment and racism and favoritism
November 13, 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As is normal in our industry, using a small porta-potty in the field can be an option, but is never a requirement and crews are permitted and encouraged to break to find a restroom. It was unfortunate and unanticipated that our local contract in DC ended earlier than expected in 2019, but as a nationwide company traveling work was made available to every employee on the project to supplement work until the contract starts back up in 2020. We understand that isn’t feasible for everyone but we try to always ensure our employees have work available. Equipment does break down but when additional backups aren’t available, sometimes crews get sent home. We hear your concerns there and are working to make improvements to this process. - HUSA HR

The job that defined my young life
Hydromax USA Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAOctober 1, 2019
Hydromax definitely showed me what i enjoy in life and the perks of having so much freedom at work. Having freedom defintely leaves it to the employee to decide how theyre gonna work and what their work ethic is going to produce for the comapny. yes they require 50 meters a day but depending on how good u choose to be you'll exceed or just meet expectations.
November 13, 2019

Thank you for your review and feedback. We’re glad to hear the position has helped you find what you enjoy and agree that a strong work ethic helps to succeed in our company. Thank you for your hard work and commitment and we hope to continue to offer you opportunities for growth. – HUSA HR

Not a GIS company. Terrible management.
GIS Manager (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 2, 2019
They call all their field techs GIS Technicians just so they can get around unions. There is no GIS involved in these roles.

As for GIS opportunities, these only are in the Louisville office. But there are many individuals who are very hostile to GIS and see it as a threat to their specializations. Because of this GIS growth opportunities are limited and most of the development will be in other programs that do not translate outside the company.

Management is more interested in being your drinking buddy than actually being managers. After about 2 years of working 60 plus hours a week and getting verbally abused by other team members, I started suffering from depression. Management just shrugged it off and said that 'you can't let work effect your personal life' and 'that the other members just have strong personalities and thats just how they are'. Then after being cussed out by a team member during a meeting one of the managers just laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

Finally after finding out I might have a brain tumor on top of all this, I hit my breaking point and asked to have a reduced role in the company that wouldn't require me to work with these individuals. Instead they used this as an opportunity to fire me by twisting my words.

I'll admit that my situation is extreme and that there are a lot of decent people in the company. But if you do choose to work here, don't let their friendliness fool you and remember to document and save everything. And if you are interested in GIS, there are so many other better paying and rewarding opportunities out there.
Productive work place and travel experience
technician/vac truck operator (Former Employee) –  Louisville, KYJune 30, 2019
Overall a great job and great people. Great job for single people or people with grown children. Wonderful learning experience! Maybe I can return when my children are older.
Shifting and Fun but Dangerous and Stressful
Gas Leak Technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 24, 2019
Co-workers are good, but the job itself takes a lot out of you in one day: Dealing with accusatory customers and walking around in extreme weather with heavy gear.
Pros
Each day is a bit different
Cons
Accusatory and creepy customers
Definenlty just a job and nothing more
Gas Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAJune 11, 2019
Being here doesnt make you feel like you are a part of anything great . You are temporary you dont matter. Yes the hours are flexible in some way but in the end of the day . We only make so little. I've heard the senior techs talk about not having enough for how long they have been here. And it's not our immediate managers faults. It's the higher corporate themselves. They are underpaying they are misguided by us. Alot of us cant leave becuase we need a job. So a lot of people just sit down where there and go through the pain. The only time positions have been open is when people quit... the company hasnt been up for that long and very man y people quit . So that should say something
Pros
Company vehicle and gas card for behicle only
Cons
Negativity
June 17, 2019

Thank you for bringing your experience to our attention, and we appreciate your honesty. Hydromax USA strives to provide our team members with the best working environment, compensation, benefits, and tools necessary to be successful. We recognize compensation is a large part of employee satisfaction and we have taken steps to correct pay for our well performing employees. If you are willing to take some time to sit with members from our leadership and HR team to discuss areas that you believe we can improve in, we would welcome the opportunity. The chance to sit with you to listen and understand your concerns will assist us with our continuing efforts for making a work environment that is more in line with Hydromax USA’s values. The Seattle HR Representative has been made aware of your feedback and welcomes your call to discuss your thoughts and concerns further in a confidential manner.

Seattle HR

This is a job not a career
Gas Leak Survey Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 14, 2019
Pay is barely over minimum wage. Zero chance for advancement. Many I know including myself have worked for over a year without a raise and every time we ask we get brushed off. The turnover is massive. Instead of paying a decent wage to keep good employees happy they pay horribly and just keep bringing in new people to fill holes left by people who leave for a career. Horrible way to run a business. If you just want a job and a tiny paycheck then this is perfect.
Pros
40 hours a week
Cons
Little pay, No advancement
Great
SSES Tech (Current Employee) –  Evansville, INApril 10, 2019
Great place to work, awesome people. everyone is nice and hard working. I would recommend the job to anyone not afraid to work. other then the great people its good work to.
Could be a good company, but they fall too short on pay
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYMarch 26, 2019
With the people and environment that currently exist at this company, this could be a really awesome place to work. However, the pay is severely lacking and it shows in the morale that exists within the office. Turnover is high, which is directly related to the pay. The flexible schedule schedule is nice, but can only go so far. It looks like I'll soon be one of the many to turn in their resignation once I find something that pays fairly. It's too bad, because a lot of us want to continue working here, but it's just too hard to make ends meet when we're making less than an intern at most companies.
Pros
Flexible schedule
Cons
Lack of a decent wage for the skills required
The pay is not worth it
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYFebruary 6, 2019
Series of broken promises and shortcomings regarding pay. There is no room for advancement unless someone quits or new work comes along. They talk a big game, but have yet to follow through.

The supervisors are great to work with and really care about their people, but are powerless. The managers think they are CEOs and believe they know everything and can do no wrong.

The development team does not talk to anyone but themselves and refuses to consult the people they are developing things for.

The culture is wonderful and the people doing the same job as you are great. The managers are awful though, and the pay and lack of opportunity is not enough to put up with it.
Pros
Coworkers, flexible hours, relaxed
Cons
Pay, management, advancement
NOT a good place to work
Laborer (Former Employee) –  PittsburghNovember 23, 2018
They lied to everybody when they bought out the new company nothing was what they said it was the pay was horrible the benefits were horrible the management is severely lacking after all they fix things with duct tape and zip ties just ask the guys in Indiana I don't care
Productive and fun
Gas Leak Survey Technician (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WASeptember 5, 2018
The only issue is that you only get a small dog mace can. Needs more protection for it's employees. I've encountered people's houses and own 3 large dogs. A small can isn't enough.
Pros
Great and easy job
Cons
Minimal protection against dogs
Flexible workplace, management can be lacking
Gas leak survey technician (Former Employee) –  Seattle, WAAugust 13, 2018
Hydromax is a small company that has grown fast. Management can be demanding at times, requiring long hours when jobs run over or the workload exceeds manpower. Some departments have issues with maintaining the workforce and limiting employee turnover. This is partly due to the struggle for the technicians to have the equipment they need for their job, partially due to training that can be rushed and lacking in depth followed by demanding management that fails to understand poor training leads to poorly performing employees. In my opinion some departments in Hydromax have a consistent failure to provide continuing education which is key to some aspects of the job.
Decent job overall
Gas Leak Survey Technician (Former Employee) –  Tacoma, WAJuly 18, 2018
My position had me out in the elements every day at work, inspecting gas lines and meters. If you can tolerate the elements year round, and hustle so you dont fall behind on work load, you will do good here.
Engaging and Challenging, Flexible, Tight Dynamic
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  Louisville, KYJuly 13, 2018
It's a good job that will encourage you to grow. It's impossible to advance if you're not driven [like everywhere], but a real desire to move forward is respected and supported [unlike everywhere].

Almost every role is less task oriented and more results oriented. If you'd want a list of tasks with rigid timelines, that's not what you'd find here. You should expect that you'd often manage your own time and meet broad goals, self-directing on how to accomplish them. HUSA is easily a stepping stone to project management, engineering, and consulting careers.

The leadership is more approachable, flexible, and accepts change and even criticisms with alacrity more than I've found in other organizations.
Pros
Great flexibility, friendly office, engaging challenges
Cons
Pay at lower levels
Great work environment with potential to move up.
Operations (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCApril 18, 2018
Have a good time working for Hydromax USA. Treated fairly, paid well and company is starting to put more attention on employee satisfaction. Moving in the right direction.
Great place to work if you want to apply yourself
Operator (Current Employee) –  Seattle, WAApril 12, 2018
It has been a great experience working here thus far and I have definitely seen a lot of growth opportunities as well as challenges that were exciting to tackle. The company has been growing very rapidly and this has created growing pains, but overall the management is trying to better everyone's work life balance and make sure that fair compensation and good benefits are at the top of their priority list.
Pros
Interesting work, company vehicle, learning new skills.
Benefits
Great company to work for, but...
GIS Technician II/ Field Operator (Former Employee) –  Dallas, TXFebruary 20, 2018
Work for the company for about a year. Pay was great and the company is flexible when it comes to work-life balance. The only down fall is communication with management is pretty poor. Overall the company is an average company to work for.
Pros
flexible work-life balance
Cons
management
Worst company to work for
Gas Leak Surveyor (Former Employee) –  Washington StateFebruary 1, 2018
Lied to employees about raises and time and a half for extra hours worked. Did not provide promised rain gear until half way through Washington States rainy season. Would blame employees for equipment failure.
They require a bachelor's degree but do not pay accordingly
Data Analyst (Current Employee) –  LouisvilleDecember 14, 2017
I just started working here and was wanting to read reviews from people who had been there a while. Too bad I found some.

The work is okay and most of the people are nice, but the pay is terrible and demoralizing. A company tells you how much they value the work you do for them by the pay and it is clear after just a couple months how little they care about their people.

I'm already looking for other jobs. Don't waste your time here, it's not even a stepping stone to something better. Hold out for a job that will pay you what you are worth.

Four years of college to make $400 a week!
Pros
Cons
Lack of decent pay

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hydromax USA. Our community is ready to answer.

2.7