Hydromax USA

Hydromax USA Management reviews

N/a
This company lacks management and is often behind Bc of it over all it’s nice to pick out when you can work but now it’s getting to the point that management won’t let that happen anymore and really they are taking all the pros away from working here
Pros
Pick what time you start
Cons
Management is awful
November 13, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to write this review and your feedback has been passed on for consideration. If you would like to discuss your concerns (confidentially) in more detail, please do not hesitate to reach out to us directly, we would welcome the dialogue. – HUSA HR
Bully for manager
You work with sewers. You get treated like garbage. They expect 10+ hours daily and wont help you succeed. I have not had working equipment for months and am blamed for it.
November 27, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are sorry to hear that has been your experience with our company and will share this feedback with our management team. - HUSA HR
Terrible place to work
You had to go to the bathroom in a bucket and they ended the contract sooner and abruptly then what they had told the staff. And if the equipment broke they would send you home with little to no hours.
Pros
Cons
Bad work environment and racism and favoritism
November 13, 2019
Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. As is normal in our industry, using a small porta-potty in the field can be an option, but is never a requirement and crews are permitted and encouraged to break to find a restroom. It was unfortunate and unanticipated that our local contract in DC ended earlier than expected in 2019, but as a nationwide company traveling work was made available to every employee on the project to supplement work until the contract starts back up in 2020. We understand that isn’t feasible for everyone but we try to always ensure our employees have work available. Equipment does break down but when additional backups aren’t available, sometimes crews get sent home. We hear your concerns there and are working to make improvements to this process. - HUSA HR
Overwhelming
Company is overwhelming. Hours are crazy. Doesnt seem like they care about employees. No garantee for any advancements at all. They tell you they will keep you in or around your area but then you end up driving 1-2 hours out.
Pros
Free coffee
Cons
Not a GIS company. Terrible management.
They call all their field techs GIS Technicians just so they can get around unions. There is no GIS involved in these roles.

As for GIS opportunities, these only are in the Louisville office. But there are many individuals who are very hostile to GIS and see it as a threat to their specializations. Because of this GIS growth opportunities are limited and most of the development will be in other programs that do not translate outside the company.

Management is more interested in being your drinking buddy than actually being managers. After about 2 years of working 60 plus hours a week and getting verbally abused by other team members, I started suffering from depression. Management just shrugged it off and said that 'you can't let work effect your personal life' and 'that the other members just have strong personalities and thats just how they are'. Then after being cussed out by a team member during a meeting one of the managers just laughed and shrugged his shoulders.

Finally after finding out I might have a brain tumor on top of all this, I hit my breaking point and asked to have a reduced role in the company that wouldn't require me to work with these individuals. Instead they used this as an opportunity to fire me by twisting my words.

I'll admit that my situation is extreme and that there are a lot of decent people in the company. But if you do choose to work here, don't let their friendliness fool you and remember to document and save everything. And if you are interested in GIS, there are so many other better paying and rewarding opportunities out there.
Do you enjoy working at your company?
Every work experience is unique. Tell us about yours. Rate your employer.
Constant calculative work.
This company strives for its workers to always perform at the highest level. A typical day of work starts at 6:30 am with maintenance and prepping. Then we had to the first of 1-4 setups which require to alter the right of way for traffic. At setups we utilize a cues or a rausch robot to inspect the sewer lines of house. A locator is used to find a sonde on the robot which tells us where and how deep the robot is. The robot is found when a major feature is observed, eg: a sewer lateral or a crossbore. A GPS point is taken on the spot where the robot was located so it can be tracked on our mapping database. I learned how to communicate with homeowners, co-workers, city inspectors, and data analysts. I obtained the skills of analyzing maps, soldering, and a variety of other specialized skills. Management gives its workers a lot of freedom to do the work which needs to be done. The hardest part of this job is communicating with management.
Dont walk, Run AWAY
Should this listing come up in your search, for your own sanity, stear clear of this company. The management at middle and higher levels is filled with incompetence. The upper management is concerned only with the sale of the company.
this makes for a very challenging working environment at any level
Pros
it was a good place to work prior to 2018
Cons
management
The pay is not worth it
Series of broken promises and shortcomings regarding pay. There is no room for advancement unless someone quits or new work comes along. They talk a big game, but have yet to follow through.

The supervisors are great to work with and really care about their people, but are powerless. The managers think they are CEOs and believe they know everything and can do no wrong.

The development team does not talk to anyone but themselves and refuses to consult the people they are developing things for.

The culture is wonderful and the people doing the same job as you are great. The managers are awful though, and the pay and lack of opportunity is not enough to put up with it.
Pros
Coworkers, flexible hours, relaxed
Cons
Pay, management, advancement
NOT a good place to work
They lied to everybody when they bought out the new company nothing was what they said it was the pay was horrible the benefits were horrible the management is severely lacking after all they fix things with duct tape and zip ties just ask the guys in Indiana I don't care
Productive and fun
The only issue is that you only get a small dog mace can. Needs more protection for it's employees. I've encountered people's houses and own 3 large dogs. A small can isn't enough.
Pros
Great and easy job
Cons
Minimal protection against dogs
Flexible workplace, management can be lacking
Hydromax is a small company that has grown fast. Management can be demanding at times, requiring long hours when jobs run over or the workload exceeds manpower. Some departments have issues with maintaining the workforce and limiting employee turnover. This is partly due to the struggle for the technicians to have the equipment they need for their job, partially due to training that can be rushed and lacking in depth followed by demanding management that fails to understand poor training leads to poorly performing employees. In my opinion some departments in Hydromax have a consistent failure to provide continuing education which is key to some aspects of the job.
Engaging and Challenging, Flexible, Tight Dynamic
It's a good job that will encourage you to grow. It's impossible to advance if you're not driven [like everywhere], but a real desire to move forward is respected and supported [unlike everywhere].

Almost every role is less task oriented and more results oriented. If you'd want a list of tasks with rigid timelines, that's not what you'd find here. You should expect that you'd often manage your own time and meet broad goals, self-directing on how to accomplish them.
HUSA is easily a stepping stone to project management, engineering, and consulting careers.

The leadership is more approachable, flexible, and accepts change and even criticisms with alacrity more than I've found in other organizations.
Pros
Great flexibility, friendly office, engaging challenges
Cons
Pay at lower levels
Great place to work if you want to apply yourself
It has been a great experience working here thus far and I have definitely seen a lot of growth opportunities as well as challenges that were exciting to tackle. The company has been growing very rapidly and this has created growing pains, but overall the management is trying to better everyone's work life balance and make sure that fair compensation and good benefits are at the top of their priority list.
Pros
Interesting work, company vehicle, learning new skills.
Benefits
Not good long term
Perfect company if you just want to get started in the industry, but the work culture is atrocious. The corporate office and the projects have very little communication and accountability, with policy revisions sometimes coming daily and different old policies being pulled out and applied to the "good old boys" who have been with Hydromax since before the Seattle project. Projects have also veered away from safety and now focus entirely on collecting billable footage versus inspecting for and finding crossbores. I know, my department that I lead was the final word on these. The work culture is cut throat, with management actively pitting employees against each other and promising things to employees that they can not deliver on due to their hands being tied by corporate. Work hours are very long, between 50-60 hours a week. Raises were canceled last year due to lack of funds, although the Seattle project was doing well our budgeted raises went to new hires at the corporate office and company bonuses for management.
Pros
You get paid and there are lots of hours. Work here if you enjoy that.
Cons
The work culture, management that has no experience in management, lack of clear direction, lack of consistent policy, lack of vision
Great company to work for, but...
Work for the company for about a year. Pay was great and the company is flexible when it comes to work-life balance. The only down fall is communication with management is pretty poor. Overall the company is an average company to work for.
Pros
flexible work-life balance
Cons
management
They require a bachelor's degree but do not pay accordingly
I just started working here and was wanting to read reviews from people who had been there a while. Too bad I found some.

The work is okay and most of the people are nice, but the pay is terrible and demoralizing. A company tells you how much they value the work you do for them by the pay and it is clear after just a couple months how little they care about their people.

I'm already looking for other jobs. Don't waste your time here, it's not even a stepping stone to something better. Hold out for a job that will pay you what you are worth.

Four years of college to make $400 a week!
Pros
Cons
Lack of decent pay
Good environment, but pay is disappointing.
First, let me say that the culture at Hydromax is great. The office has around 50 employees and everyone gets along very well. That isn't to say that everyone is best friends, but there never seems to be any of the problems a person might normally expect in an office this size. The atmosphere is relaxed and fun. The hours are flexible and a person can to a certain extent make their own schedule.

Now, the reason anyone has a job is because they have bills to pay. This is where Hydromax fails. The pay is quite a bit lower than it should be for the education and skill level of the employees needed to do the work. Some employees in the office have to have a second job just to get by. Raises are few and far between and a person doesn't really know what they should expect. I know this leads to much resentment among the workers, and I have no doubt that much productivity is lost because employees are worried about how they are going to pay their bills. I have overheard several employees talking about finding other jobs because the pay here is not what they need to live.

Other reviewers have talked about the opportunities for upward mobility, but those opportunities are vague for most of the employees. There is not a clear path for a person looking to advance to follow. Promotions are rare, and there is no real standard that determines what a person needs to do to gain a promotion. It seems some people receive promotions while others in different areas who are doing the same type of work do not. This too leads to frustration and resentment.

The sad thing is,Hydromax with
 - more...
Pros
Good environment, hours and people.
Cons
Lousy pay, a building with inadequate bathroom facilities, no clear path up
Growing company
Company is growing but slow to respond to specific needs and resources. Apply yourself and you will learn the company and your place in the company. Management still lacks specific initiatives and direction, take the word of other people instead of finding out for themselves. The culture is ok at this point, but I feel will improve once growth is able to be properly managed and specific directions for each division are outlined. CEO and the other two leaders of the company are great individuals.
Pros
Relatively new company in specific divisions enabling the opportunity for rapid growth
Cons
Benefits, "Boys Club" type working environment, Personnel
Terrible management, good pay
The management is terrible and is more concerned with production than anything else, but the pay is good. The hours are long and the work can be rough and smelly. Occasionally, you can feel rushed getting from one appointment to the next, but other times you have a lot of down time.
Pros
Good pay, nap time between appointments
Go to Mickey D's instead
Not an entry-level place, not a mid-level place. If you're above that level, do what I did and start your own GIS firm. Management is notoriously rude and worthless. Pay is horrible, and work-demand is exhausting.
Pros
Cons
Pay, Atmosphere, Benefits, Work-load, Management
Decent Company, management needs to get much more organized
Starting pay is decent for having no experience. Fast raises, friendly management, if you treat them right, they will do the same. Orginazatiom falls short and management had a serious problem getting along
Pros
Good raises, friendly management
Cons
Disorganization, management sometimes at each other throats