HYGENIC Employee Reviews

Shipping Department
Logistics Specialist / Shipping Manager (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 18, 2017
A typical day is getting to work and setting up the day for the shipping employees. I learned how to manage both people and work in a fast paced environment. The hardest and most enjoyable part of the job was keeping the customers happy.
Not good at getting back information to employees.
Quality Control Inspector (Current Employee) –  Akron OhioJuly 29, 2017
I liked working with others employees and had no problems with them. I enjoyed going to work everyday it was interesting to learn new aspect of new projects. But don't feel they ask the input from the employees enough , the people that do a job everyday know sometimes more then management. Good idea to ask employees for there input always.
Pros
Good work hours
Cons
Changed hours on a dime
Great Place to work
North American Sales Team Intern (Former Employee) –  Columbia, MDMarch 23, 2017
I worked for their North American Sales Team and learned so much from the individuals I worked with. Everyone there knows what it takes to succeed and they have built a huge brand.
Pros
Free lunch
Cons
hard work
Not a good place to work.
Extrusion Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHAugust 12, 2016
Your no one there. Just management thinks they are way better than everyone else. The people that have been there awhile treat you like dirt. Pay is the only good thing about they company. They think they own you. Your life need to revolve around them.
I worked there for 5 yrs. Did both extrusion and mill work. If you miss a day your going to get yelled and screamed at.
Pros
pay
Cons
everything.
Not a place I would suggest to work.
Extrusion Machine Operator , Warehouse. (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 19, 2016
I worked here a few years back so I can only imagine things have gotten progressively worse. This company does not care about you. It just wants someone to boss around. The employees are nice. But the work load is hard and heavy. Sure they give you a lunch. But then you have to play catch up. Management thinks they are superior to others working there.

Training is rush rush but no real training they just want a worker to fill in a empty spot. Ever wonder why so many empty spots. Look to management. The pay is good but to much stress. They will say anything to get you in the door. Once your in they believe they own you. And your just a number and not person. You have no value whatsoever other than to please management.

In all if you want no life. What to feel you have no value. And want to be belittled by management then this is for you,
Pros
half hour lunch
Cons
Everything.
Dedicated Employees that are devoted to making the company grow.
Executive Assistant (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 6, 2016
A growing company that continues to grow year after year. The work life balance was not that great because they attend a lot of tradeshows over weekends and have other programs that also run over the weekend. Also, amount of work required many hours overtime and they do not have an official comp time program so many times you could work seven days straight and go right into the next week.
Pros
Great products for the healthcare industry.
Cons
Some Managers do not act professionally and some groups are cliquey.
Terrible expirience - Very Bad place to work
Extrusion Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 25, 2016
So many... Unprofessional and arrogant attitude of incompetent unknowledgable management, poor client service, terrible staff treatment, no recognition, no support at all even for new starters, rubbish reputation, unrealistic targets, no work/life balance, no career progression, wrong priorities, unethical with clients selling them what is best for the company.
Pros
benififits
Cons
everything.
Dynamic Company with Continuous Growth
Active Care Program Manager (Former Employee) –  Cypress, TXJune 16, 2016
Very fast paced environment with dedicated employees. Work/Life balance may be a challenge based on the department you work in. And, even though I did not choose to use their healthcare benefits, I've been told the program was not very good.
Pros
They manufacture great products for the healthcare industry.
Cons
Did not do a good job of including employees who work remotely.
Stay away
Extrusion Machine Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJune 9, 2016
This company does not care about it workers. It just wants a body to fill any open spot they may have. Manager thinks there better than everyone else. Fast paced work. Little or no training. Plunty of yelling at you if you miss a day of work. ( even if it is due to death in family) Everything rush rush Little or no training. They will say anything to get you in the door after that watch out.
Cons
Push too much on employee
Extrusion Operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMay 31, 2016
The pace for the extrusion is fast if your on the tubing line. The Supervisor likes to yell and shout orders at you. Training there is almost a joke. They push you till your ready to break. The supervisor does not know how to help you with the computer. IF YOU LIKE TO BE YELLED AND SHOUTED AT. THIS COMPANY IS FOR YOU.
Pros
Good benifits
Cons
Shouting leads and supervisor
nice place to work
PM (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHNovember 30, 2015
Enjoy working here, great people, fast pace growing company, great product to provide for wide range of customers/end users
Pros
fast pace, growing company
Cons
not a lot of opportunities for growth
Intern
Purchasing Intern (Current Employee) –  akron, OHOctober 1, 2015
Very interesting job, learning a lot about purchasing. Everyone is very helpful and friendly. Great work environment.
Good place to gain experience
Supply Chain (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 21, 2015
Good place to gain experience as a young professional but advancement opportunities are hard to come by. Co-workers are great but the work atmosphere is lacking something.
Excellent People
Small Parcels Warehouse/Shipping Lead (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHDecember 18, 2014
I worked with the best type of people during my time with this company. I worked in shipping and receiving and although we were quite busy I truly miss the individuals that I worked with on a daily basis.
Pros
People
Cons
Management -- but whose isn't right?
Healthcare Manufacturing Company
Associate Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Akron, OHSeptember 4, 2014
Privet Equity Owned Company. Fast pasted environment. Good company to work for.
Inside Sales
Sales (Former Employee) –  Akron, OhioJuly 31, 2014
I highly recommend not taking this job. No advancement opportunity! Pay sucks! The sales manager plays favorites and no matter what you do you will always be behind his little buddies. You will have to kiss his behind to get good leads. There is nothing ethical about this place. If you want a raise good luck it will not happen. The benefits are terrible and the business model makes absolutely no sense. If you take this job you better pray.
Pros
location
Cons
poor management, cry baby employees, hyprocrites, no dress code for women, they come in wearing anything they want. They crawl out of bed and come to work.
I learned a lot from this company
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHMarch 26, 2014
Answered incoming calls. Would place consumer orders. Consumer complaints. Returns. Special projects.
I learned from Hygenic was how to be more organized. I got along with my co-workers.
Pros
free lunches, bonus
Not Recommended
warehouse (Former Employee) –  akron ohioSeptember 11, 2013
Management ( especially Warehouse - Logistics) managers can;t see past their own nose to see good quality people. Many are on ego trips and mis treat you . Constant turn over.
Pros
hours are good
Cons
Managers
Good company to work for.
Extruder operator and Mill operator (Former Employee) –  Akron, OHJuly 23, 2012
Hard work with a decent wage that helped deal with the poor managment.
Cons
work hours changed in the middle of the work week.