HYPERION BIOTECHNOLOGY Employee Reviews

Poor management, low pay, and low random hours and hazardous working conditions.
Environmental Technician (Former Employee) –  Phoenix, AZ and Gainesville FLJanuary 31, 2019
The job will be for less than 20 hours per every three months. Yet one must be available on short notice any month or week. Poor organization, poor leadership and inconsistent direction. Job will involve sampling water from patient rooms and industrial areas...not drinking water. This will expose you to potential infectious disease, such as MSRA, and to hazardous conditions which will include PTSD patients, drug rehab areas and worse and without any protection provided by the employer. You will be expected to be available any week to sample with minimal notice. Compensation for the use of your personal vehicle will take 5 to 6 weeks. There will be little or no direction or training and you will be forbidden to provide the necessary communication with the client to provid the contracted services. While the goal of providing service to the VA is important..this employer cares little about providing high quality service. And now they are hiring new samplers at an hourly wage of $9 to $12 per hour rather than the original rate of $20 per hour. And other compensation is inadequate for the occasional hours, risk and use od ones personal vehicle. Avoid this employer!
Pros
Provide a needed service to the VA
Cons
Forced to provide poor service to the VA
Work load/environment not equal with pay
Verifying Official/Passport Administrator (Former Employee) –  Langley AFB, VAJanuary 15, 2019
This company does not care for their employees; just people to fill the seats and service customers non-stop for 8hrs a day. Higher Management never made a visit to meet employees, discuss concerns or overall climate. No paid snow days, base closures, etc...
Great place to work!
Personnel Assistant I/II (Current Employee) –  Dyess AFB, TXJanuary 8, 2019
Loved working for Hyperion. Co-workers were like family and customers were awesome. Would work for them again given the opportunity. Treated employees well.
Worst Government Contractor
PA 1 (Former Employee) –  Shaw AFB, SCDecember 4, 2018
The management team at the place of employment was absolutely horrendous. They did not care about their employees nor did they take the time to make the work place enjoyable. It was a very toxic environment where there was a different standard for everyone instead of one standard for all. If you didn't do things their way and when they asked you to do it it was like you went on the list. Yet plenty of employees were given chance after chance without being written up for poor job performance or making numerous mistakes when the ones that would make one small mistake were written up. Again, that double standard to only punish the ones they don't like. It was a smoke show by the team leads for anyone important that came up there thinking everything was fine. Most of the employees are disgrutaled with the team leads (2 of them anyway). How do you place someone in a management position when they do not posses managment experience and lack the necessary skills to effectively lead and treat people with respect, yet the contractor doesn't seem to care enough to take the appropriate actions to remove these people and put responsible people in those positions.

I have never worked for a place where managment only cared about themselves and found everyway possible to make the employees life miserable. Why would you want to work in that type of environment?

The company also did not give you any vacation time until after 1 year on the job. Pretty demeaning to the employees to find out you can't take any vacation for a year. You do get sick time, but if you
  more... need time off and want to get paid you have to use up all of your sick hours. What's the point?

This company is involved on a lot of military bases but the contract is not military friendly. How do you not get paid for things that are out of your control such as an unforseen weather event or even a Presidential order to shut down the government for a day. Really your employees mean that little to you?

If you want a company to succeed, then take care of your employees and make sure that their work environment is operating properly. Don't just take managements word, actually talk to the employees one on one and get their perspective.
Pros
Some fellow employees were nice to work with
Cons
Management, Vacation Policy, Work Environment
Save yourself the trouble
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  Sumter, SCNovember 17, 2018
Be warned ego’s and mismanagement rules the day.
Only thing nice I could even say about working here is the pay is decent, and the benefits. The site is ran by inexperienced managers who base their leadership off of personal views. Workers are treated like trash vs Assets. If you have an issue HR is pointless and your written up for very little offenses. New faces every few months because the door is constantly revolving. Really has potential to be a nice place but if you’re looking to be over watched and treated like children, harassed about your clothing (mind you , you never see clients or Windows’s for that matter) than sign up right here. Overall I would only recommend this place to my worst enemy.
Pros
Pay, Benefits
Cons
Inexperienced Managment, No accountability, No kind of structure.
Poor Management!
Personnel Assistant I (Former Employee) –  Whiteman AFB, MO 65305May 24, 2018
I give Hyperion Biotechnology a one star rating because I cannot rate them any lower. I worked here for almost two years. The management there cares more about your personality than your work ethic. The teamlead is such a joke and does not know how to keep a friendly professional work environment. When problems arise no one can talk them out to fix them because of the immaturity that goes on. I am so grateful to be away from this corrupted place. Beware if you don't have stress now, you will when working for these people here at the Whiteman afb location. As a civilian there you have no one to turn to for help. The "chain of command" is what they call it and will write you up for talking to your own HR. They call this going above your chain of command mean while YOUR NOT IN THE MILITARY. Dont even waste your time applying unless this is not for the long hall.

P.s it is like going back to high school starting all over again. Good luck!
Pros
Just the wages
Cons
Poor Management, horrible staff
Great place to work.
Personnel Assistant 1 (Current Employee) –  Hampton, VAFebruary 10, 2018
I enjoy working for Hyperion technology. Great employees, and great management. I already have experience with this type of job so it's easy for me. The job is great and I like the location. And I intend to stay hereas long as I can.
Pros
High paced great job if you know what you are doing.
Cons
If you dont lkme stress or customer service jobs it is not for you
Aces!!
Customer Service Representative (Former Employee) –  Ellsworth AFB, SDJanuary 29, 2018
I worked in the position as a Contractor for over 10yrs, 3 of which were spent under the Hyperion Biotechnology umbrella. I looked forward to going into work every day.
Great Workplace
Administrative Assistant (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXJanuary 14, 2018
Company was great to work for but it could pay a little more. Depending on contract its fun. Just always make sure if you have any issues address them right away
It is a great place to work. Provided training workshops for professional growth.
Animal Caretaker (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDNovember 22, 2017
Overall, the company was professional and I enjoyed working there. I was responsible for animal husbandry. I worked with monkey, rats, pigs, etc. I also have experience working with Reptiles. Presently, I am ALAT certified and I have government security clearance. I fed the animals, kept the cages cleaned, observed and documented any behavior changes. I am interested in returning to the field.
Human Resources Manager (Current Employee) –  San Antonio, TXSeptember 18, 2017
Hyperion Biotechnology Inc. is a great place to work. I would recommend it to others who are familiar with contract work and understand government policies.
Clinical laboratory research
Research Assistant, Department (Former Employee) –  Navy Medical Center San DiegoAugust 13, 2017
Typical Department of Defense contractor working hours M-F, 0700-1530. The most rewarding part of the job was the camaraderie of fellow coworkers and the advancement of science and medicine through clinical investigations. Upper management was personable and approachable.
Important job but pay is not reciprocated
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Davis-Monthan AFB, AZAugust 12, 2017
Customers can be the best and the worst. SomeZ treat us as if we have no knowledge of DEERS or the military life when actually 100% of our office has military connections either as a dependent veteran or retiree. But we don't express that we take it on the chin and do our jobs. Daily we help customers fix errors or omissions that could leave them without benefits without hesitation but get paid a mere 14.30 an hour no chance for raise or incentive pay and absolutely no overtime.
Pros
Love working for military community. Great local and regional management good great coworkers
Cons
Pay is too low for the responsibility we have
Nice place to work
Site Manager (Current Employee) –  Shreveport, LAAugust 4, 2017
Good company to work for, pay could be better. Company paid benefits are on par with most companies, however health care package could stand some improvement.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
Pay
Great Manager & Co-Workers, Job Requires Vast Knowledge, Higher Pay Needed and Unprepared Customers!
Personal Assistant (Former Employee) –  Hampton Roads, VAMay 1, 2017
Fast-paced work environment, continuous learning in the job. Rare down time. Unprepared customers. Some customers try to use their rank or bully the personnel assistant if they don't have the 2 required forms of ID to obtain a new mil ID card/CAC. It doesn't work! The hardest part of the job was telling customers they lacked the required forms of ID. The most enjoyable part of the job when a customer had the required proof of ID and a new Mil ID/CAC could be issued.
Pros
Great Manager, Co-Workers and Work Hours!
Cons
Low pay for required knowledge, Unprepared Customers
Great Company
Information Technology Specialist (Former Employee) –  Hampton, VAMarch 16, 2017
Great company to work for. Good benefits. I only left because of personal reasons. I would recommend them to anyone that needs a good job and great personnel to work for.
Productive place to work
Personnel Assistant I (Current Employee) –  Tucson, AZ 85707June 11, 2016
Co-workers get alone great. Company is very helpful when information is needed and are wiling to work with you. If you like working with customers face to face then this job is for you.
Fair and Honest Company
HR Coordinator (Former Employee) –  San Antonio, TXMay 3, 2016
I appreciated the fair and honest individuals I worked with on this temporary assignment. Everyone treated one another with respect and the environment was healthy and happy.
Pros
Work Environment
Cons
N/a
Great place to learn
Personnel Assistant (Former Employee) –  VAJanuary 7, 2016
Enjoyed working with the military and the customers. The overall work enviorment was great. Inconsistent leadership.
Pros
Learning something new everyday
Cons
Leadership
Great place
Project Manager (Current Employee) –  Fort Detrick, MDOctober 12, 2015
Not a bad place to work. Great company and nice people to talked to and work for. Money is good, benefits could be better. Very big and upcoming research contract company with a lot of contract in the Maryland location.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at HYPERION BIOTECHNOLOGY. Our community is ready to answer.