Hyster-Yale Employee Reviews

Extremely disappointing decision on my part
Area Coach Leader (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYNovember 1, 2018
I have been sold a "Bill of Goods" that have never been delivered. The terminology "Value Stream" should be eliminated and changed to "Fire Fighting" as this organization likes to talk about Value Stream, but they really do not understand the concept and those at the decision making levels truly do not understand nor support this philosophy. For this organization to move to the next level, the entire leadership levels below the CEO and President needs to be re-evaluated as there is a significant amount of the, "Good-Ole-Buddy" system at play, This has led to significant impacts on the success of the business, lack of business strategies and an inability to meet commitments made to customers. These same relationships have delayed and at times prevented implementing solutions to root causes, which prevent delivery of goods to our customers. HYG is stuck in the 1950's and needs a wake up call. Business activities and strategies which worked in the 1950's no longer work in 2000's. In fact, there are no Top-Down Objectives or Strategies, which drive actions at the individual Business Units. When you hire someone, make sure you allow them to show you the way to success. As Steve Jobs stated, "We hire smart people to tell us what to do, not so we can tell them what to do", HYG has such a great opportunity in this industry, but until they look at the man in the mirror and decide whether they believe what they see, they will continue to flounder and not grow. They also need to have a leader in position that truly understands integrated program management. The current strategy  more... of separate program managers does not work. To be successful, it is imperative that you have a single Program Manager leading the way and organizing, communicating and orchestrating each of the cross-functional leaders to achieve the directives and objectives of the overall program. Lastly, stop using the words, "Transparency" and "Accountability". There is a significant lack of transparency and the accountability you place on the VSM's, ACII's ,etc. does not work as they have no influence on the other cross-functional leaders in the organization. This has proven the fact numerous times. Basically, you are asking them to cook the meal, but you will not allow them to buy the groceries required for the meal. It is time for a change. It is time for transparency and accountability. I wish you luck and hope you take the time to really investigate what I am saying and react as the workforce hopes you will do. Good luck and God Bless.  less
Pros
The shop floor personnel are fantastic
Cons
Extremely poor executive and site leadership, lack of tranparency, very poor delivery on commitments.
Be ready to work!
Traffic Coordinator (Current Employee) –  Danville, ILOctober 15, 2018
My job is driven by the warehouse. I work 2nd shift and we have more deadlines to meet than 1rst shift. You learn something new everyday. You have to be flexible and motivated.
Benefits
Cons
2nd shift
they are ok
Welder (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCOctober 6, 2018
I'm ok with them because they do offer job to people who wouldn't have a chance at all. They do not have rom for advancement for African American to prove themselves and with the proper education that they provided for me. I want to use my experience to better take my company to the next level.
Pros
they do give and oppunity for people to get a job iof you want to work.
Cons
Ther is no room for improvement because of the buddy system.
Talent Management Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Northridge, CAOctober 4, 2018
Hyster-Yale was a great place to work. Offered opportunities to learn and grow.

Great manager who offered a wealth of knowledge with SuccessFactors.
Pros
Great team of people
Cons
Lots going on at once
Challenging place to work and grow
Value Stream Area Coach II (Current Employee) –  Berea, KentuckySeptember 30, 2018
Work day starts at 5am. They are sometimes long 10 hour days. Everyday is exciting and challenging. The work place culture is in need of drastic change compared to world class manufacturers and leading competitors in similar industry. The most challenging aspect in this job is to change the culture of the higher tenure employees. The majority of them are old school type people that have straight and narrow mind sets.
Pros
Care Here Clinic for employees and Family members
Cons
Buy in from upper management to change culture
Depends on your department and manager
Remarketing Sales Assistant (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCSeptember 29, 2018
The employment experience will depend on your department and manager. Some are great and some are not. Overall not a bad place to work. One perk is the onsite healthcare providers.
Hyster Yale
AREA COACH 1(Group Leader) (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCAugust 3, 2018
Hyster-Yale is a great employer to start at and progress if you are willing to put in the time. Tuition reimbursement and on site classes are a plus to being part of the company.
Great People
Manufacturing Engineer (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYJune 6, 2018
Extremely Friendly Environment, People always willing to help. Honest Hard working individuals. attention to detail and there surroundings. they care about safety
Pros
people
Cons
hours
Typical Day at work
Assembler/Zone Leader-Safety Champion (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 31, 2018
Relaxed cool place to make a career out of. Open to many oppurtunities. No place is to hard to work its all in what you want out of it for yourself and the need of the company an their customers.
It is a good place to work very laid back and friendly people.
Test Driver (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 20, 2018
It is a nice place to work at. We test drive forklifts and make sure functions work correctly. Sometimes forklifts fail and we have to let technicians look at the trucks. The hardest part is changing the drive tire on forklift.
Pros
great people to work with and great hours
Cons
it takes too long to get hired full time
Tough Environment
Material Planner II (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCMay 14, 2018
Planning is a no glory position. The demand and requirements are based on how well a supplier performs. The pay and the job requirements do not correlate.
Pros
None available
Cons
Too much demand for job title
Workplace Culture
Accountant II (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYMay 5, 2018
HYG is a good company for the area, promoting work/life balance with good pay and benefits. However, there is little opportunity for advancement and raises are given sparingly, even for long term employees. This seems to be the most com one reason for turnover -employees looking for more opportunity and higher salary options.
An okay place to work with
Assembly Line Worker (Former Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 23, 2018
At first it was an exciting place to work at until the day i left off training and was by myself i had to keep finding the people i needed which slowed down the work progression communication is a big factor
Pros
You cant work at your own pace sometimes
Cons
No real communication
Good Place to Work
Quality Assurance Inspector (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYApril 15, 2018
Friendly people, 10 hour shifts, ot on Friday. keeps you busy mostly good management. can bid up to higher paying positions in the plant quickly. pay is good for area.
Hyster Yale
Product Development (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 12, 2018
They didnt effectively integrated a mateix organization structure. They continue ti bring more middle management, and dont fill the positions left by the working bees once those retire or leave the company.
Great Company
Materials Management (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCApril 11, 2018
High turnover in leadership roles.
5 plant managers in in 5 years.
Supporting staff turnover matches.
Old school ERP system.

Great product and coworkers - many with 20+ years
On site clinic with pharmacy.
Pros
Benefits, clinic, coworkers
Cons
Plant leadership
Productive environment
Plant HR Manager (Current Employee) –  Berea, KYMarch 6, 2018
HYG is a great place to work. Very inclusive and progressive company. The HRM is part of the leadership team with tremendous collaboration and making decisions.
Pros
product, people, progressive culture
Cons
some long weeks with OT
get your job done then go home.
Assembler (Former Employee) –  Berea, KYFebruary 9, 2018
Typical day at work was start working until daily production was made then clean until time to go home...learned how to use a overhead crane...hardest part of my job was trying to lift the 35lb, tank on top of the overhead guard.....getting weekend off and closed to home.
The thing that got me was I went thinking I was temp to hire but their policy was I worked for a year,,,, get laid off for 6 months and get called back and maybe work for another year with another 6 month lay off,,,, I got bills so when I got laid off I had to look for something else.
Easy to learn
Assembler (Current Employee) –  Greenville, NCJanuary 29, 2018
Low wages for technical electrical wiring. I enjoy the employees and friends I have made while there but they give nothing to highly skilled contract workers
Pros
Inside
Cons
Low pay
Production plant
CNC Machine Operator (Current Employee) –  Sulligent, ALJanuary 16, 2018
It is a good place to work for this area. Good wages and benefits. Everyone is expected to do their job and be productive for the time your there. They have different events throughout the year for the employees and their families.
Pros
Good wages
Cons
Short breaks and could have better health benefits.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at Hyster-Yale. Our community is ready to answer.

Ratings from women

3.0InHerSight Score

3.4Personal Development

2.9Career Opportunities

2.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight