IBM

IBM Employee Reviews

United States11,587 reviews

Found 11,587 reviews matching the searchSee all 31,808 reviews
layofftechnologyprojectbalancetechnicalcareerglobalopportunity

Good Pay no room for advancement

Good Pay. No room for growth for opportunities.Employee favoritism. Constant change in company rules and company organization Structure. Very little cross training provided in order to grow with the company.

Pros

Free snacks

Cons

no room for advancement employee favoritism

Poor place to work, plenty of oversight but no direction

Competitive and combative working environment. Everyone tried to insert hours and offering into your work. All about the sale. Lots of processes but no direction as to how to use the processes.

Pros

Blue chip name

Cons

Faceless person in the workforce

IBM insights

Based on 2,509 survey responses
What people like
  • Ability to meet personal goals
  • Ability to learn new things
  • Time and location flexibility

Productive and systematic workplace

The workplace is rather systematic and very structured. Always adjust to company needs and improvements. There is adequate in training resources and opportunities

Great place for growth

Great place for growth with focus on learning and personal development Competitive environment with fair targets and good compensation packageSometimes management seems to be too focused on short term

What is the best part of working at the company?IBM offers a uniquely collaborative culture. The work is demanding but the work environment and culture is best of breed. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?Deadlines matter. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?Highly collaborative and friendly. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Challenging from many directions at once.

The best if you get get a good manager who can understand what you are doing.

Best place to learn. Best place to network. Best place to work in advanced technology. Best place to travel. Best place to prove your knowledge. Best place to compete with your peers. Best place to retire.

My experience with IBM

Currently in the Consulting organization so I support client systems. Therefore, the day to day is based largely on what the client wants and needs. In my experience, IBM was not just doing development and support but also dealing with tons of administrative items - audits, updating tracking systems, documentation, etc. There is too much "administrivia" that makes the job less interesting. There are a lot of free options for training and upskilling but there isn't much free time for that so expect to work on those things on your own time.

Pros

Access to resources and technology, free training, some really smart people, good WLB if you stand up for yourself

Cons

Too much administrative work

Work Life Balanace but Low Pay

Good work life balance but compensation is bot competitive. There is no clear path of progressiveness and career advancement. Benefits is also lacking.

Good company policies

Projects in IBM are very poor and management does not have a clue in what they are doing in some projects.ProsGood leave policiesFlexible workGood work lifeConsProjects are poorNot very good management in some project level.

Great to learn skills

IBM is great to learn new skills and processes. However, it is a worker bee trickled down. So management does not take responsibility for their failures and put it on the worker bees. Pay is typically low and raises are typically small.

Not very hard

It's not the most challenging job in the world and you in most cases you are awaiting responses from other departments in order to move forward. The every 5-6 on-call requirements could be Improved especially on the weekends when most of the issues occur. The training most definitely needs to be improved, they was no structure to that what so ever.

Pros

Easy to do and low stress for the most part.

Cons

Can be highly redundant with do the same things over and over again (daily/weekly)

Poor management

The 2 years I was there, poor management and Sla were hard to meet, luckily I was not there for long.

Overall, IBM is a great company to work for.

Overall, IBM is a great company to work for. You will work hard and put significantly more than 40 hours in per week. Staying up to date on skills and maintaining certifications is a priority for the company, but it was increasingly harder to find the time to complete the required yearly education goals. The job was great when I had a good supportive manager, but extremely stressful when I had a manager that was only out for themselves.

One of the best companies to work for

Working for IBM is probably one of the best companies I've worked for since moving to Charlotte. The life and work balance is great. Management takes into consideration that sometimes life doesn't allow work to be a priority, so they are very understanding. Ample opportunities for advancement and a wide array of educational opportunities.

Fun place

Good work life balance. Good management. No pressure at workPublic and private insurance. Life insuranceMulti sport card. My benefit systems.Social fund

What is the best part of working at the company?Private desk areas. Nice break room. Nice restrooms. Lunches can be short. What is the most stressful part about working at the company?I do not stress on my jobs. Yes, it could stressful if, you feel stressful. What is the work environment and culture like at the company?It is nice. Receptionist. Security by using a badge swipe. Clean. Quiet. Until you reach the Logistics area. It can be noisy at times. What is a typical day like for you at the company?Myself. I alternated lunches with my Manager. My lunch was shorten at times. If, she needed my Assistance.

Slow and bureaucracy

Good but can be little slow. Management can be supportive depending upon the organization you are in. Be if it’s are Ok. Lot of politics if you are in the management position

I was very proud to be an IBMer but got outsourced to employees in Costa Rica

I knew for two years I was being outsourced and they kept telling me they had a place for me and not to worry. I trained my replacements and then was let go when they found a loophole for employees in another country having access to access management information. Management said they would be sure to write a letter of recommendation for me and never did. I believe even the employees that were trained in Costa Rica have been let go since then as well.

Pros

401k, benefits, severance

Starting here soon

So far I've seen a very competitive salary, good benefits. Only time will tell. Let's hope it's good as I value good work culture and great collaborative teams

Organisation. Communication, expertise, conseil, solidaire

Très bonne collaboration avec le portfolio sur site, un travail d’équipe exemplaire. Mon rôle de conseil était très primé, mais également ma capacité à fédérer et permettre à mes coéquipiers d’évoluer.

Okay

Work life balance was pretty much nonexistent. You will travel 4 days per week. Pay was mediocre for the work I put in. Management was chaotic and too hands off. They did not place me on projects that aligned to my skills and often had me jump around to different softwares without warning.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.Ask a Question

3.5 out of 5 stars for Compensation/Benefits

Women's ratings

4.0Fairygodboss Score

83%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

80%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by  Fairygodboss