IBM Employee Reviews

Found 8,011 reviews matching the search See all 22,120 reviews
Opportunity to hold various positions
Various Positions (Former Employee) –  Armonk, NYJuly 22, 2018
I loved working at IBM. I stayed with them for 31 years. They paid 100% for my college Bachelors Degree. I got to travel to various locations both in and out of the US. They paid to get me my passport because they required out of US travel. I was treated with respect. They always provided education and opportunities to try new roles.
Pros
Long term carreer
Still a Great Place to Work
Business Systems Analyst (Former Employee) –  Jacksonville, FLJuly 22, 2018
My years at IBM were great experiences in many ways. I was able to learn new technologies and areas of a business that I would have never experienced in other companies.
Pros
Competitive compensation and benefits
Cons
Layoffs created some employees having to do twice as much work
Great place to work with smart people
Senior Strategy Consultant (Current Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 21, 2018
I have learned a lot at IBM through very smart, driven people. I have collaborated cross-functionally with engineers, designers, and client executives, and they are all very open to help you out for success.
Na
Data Analyst (Former Employee) –  hadapsarJuly 21, 2018
Good place to work ,good brand name but support work does not help you grow. Learning curve decreases as opportunities are less, and lots of office politics
Fast paced, client focused culture
Certified Storage Systems Specialist (Current Employee) –  San Jose, CAJuly 21, 2018
30+ years of sales experience selling to Fortune 100 companies. Proven track record of identifying, developing and closing significant revenue in major accounts. Positioned my self as a problem solver to meet client business objectives and establish enduring client relationships.

Strong sales leadership and people management skills in coordinating large, diverse teams to delight my clients. Adaptable to changing markets and client needs to stay relevant and innovative.

The most enjoyable part of the job was to meet/exceed client expectations with a 'customer first' mind set.
Horrible culture
Program Manager (Current Employee) –  RemoteJuly 21, 2018
Demands of you are unreasonable. Its discussed openly that its not work/life balance...its "work/life integration".

The culture for respect and promotion of women is not good at all.
Pros
pay and benefits
Cons
horrible work conditions and leadership, not good for women promotion
Great place to learn essential skills
Firmware Engineer (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2018
Corporate culture is typical of most large companies, hard to get things to happen quick, easy to get pigeon-holed to very specific engineering roles. That being said, enjoyed my time there, but I prefer a job that has more breadth and variety of skills required.
Good working environment
Business Development Exec (Former Employee) –  Austin, TXJuly 21, 2018
IBM as a traditional IT company provides a good working environment. But in recent days IBM has laid off employees in a very stressful manner.

Outstanding company
Wonderful employer. Fantastic experience.
Sr. Technical Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Burbank, CAJuly 20, 2018
IBM is one of the best companies I've ever worked at. I loved my experience there.Great culture, smart people, professional environment. This is a well structured company with the best talent in the world.
Had a great cafeteria and awesome food
Software Engineer Intern (Former Employee) –  Littleton, MAJuly 20, 2018
I would walk in, go to my cubicle, and test whatever software programs that they required of the interns, go to occasional meetings (usually 2-3 a week) and would absorb meeting knowledge and apply to rest of my job. Very relaxing work environment until it was crunch time but otherwise an overall great place to work/intern at.
If you are full-time, salaried, your job is still not secure
No comment (Former Employee) –  New York, NYJuly 20, 2018
If you are full-time, you probably will have a different review. If you are contract, you will never get an increase in rate of pay (not even cost of living increase) and you are more apt to have a contract end even prematurely than an employee being laid off. But, salaried employees are not exempt for sudden, mass lay offs.
Ok place to start your career
Business Transformation Consultant (Current Employee) –  Chicago, ILJuly 20, 2018
It's a ok place to start your career
good work life balance
flexible work locations and hours
but managers poorly consider you personal desired growth potentioal
Positive work environment
Federal IBM Server & Laptop Marketing Analyst (Former Employee) –  Bethesda, MDJuly 20, 2018
IBM has been and will always be a top notch company in my opinion. They were always providing employees with bonuses and incentives that go beyond the average Information Technology company.
Pros
Free lunches and health screenings
Work culture and management
Research Advisory Engineer (Former Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NYJuly 19, 2018
It has nice work culture and very well aligned management. there is always enough to learn at the work place. Though, at this point electronics division is being given to GF.
You can learn a lot from IBM
Global Industry Software Sales Executive (Former Employee) –  Denver, COJuly 19, 2018
It is a great company to build your knowledge and leadership capabilities. Once you have built those capabilities, then you should take those skills to a new company.
I appreciated the job advancements and education.
Environmental Health and Safety Technician (Former Employee) –  Morrisville, NCJuly 19, 2018
I worked for Flextronics as an Environmental Health and Safety Technician. I was educated in every job that I performed to make sure my job skills were current.
Pros
Employee bonus and Family Outings!
Cons
None!
Great peers
QA Manager / Scrum Master / DevOps Manager (Former Employee) –  Minneapolis, MNJuly 19, 2018
There are many highly skilled people at IBM, if you reach out they are willing to help / teach / mentor.

The executives were always impressive, definitely A Players, but made everyone feel comfortable in conversation.
Pretty Decent Place to Work
Administrator Analyst (Former Employee) –  Research Triangle Park, NCJuly 19, 2018
When I worked at IBM, I was in one of the call centers. The day-to-day workload wasn't bad. It was pretty steady unless we had a major outage. Major outages weren't bad if we had the right stream of communication going to alleviate opening multiple trouble tickets for the same issue.
Okay place to work for a short term job
Team Lead and.Net Developer for National Grid (Former Employee) –  Endicott, NYJuly 18, 2018
I was an LTS (long term supplemental employee) for 21 months. I had a lot of freedom and autonomy to 'call the shots' while working for IBM. Good benefits effective from Day1 .
Ok
Strategic Supply Planner (Former Employee) –  Hopewell Junction, NYJuly 18, 2018
It was good to work at IBM. I like work flexibility, culture and many things at IBM. I will recommond IBM for a work and their product. Great people, culture and company.

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

57.4K
48.2K
34.7K
21.1K

Women's ratings

3.8Fairygodboss Score

72%say women are treated fairly and equally to men

67%would recommend to other women

Fairygodboss provides free job reviews for women, by women.

Powered by Fairygodboss