IBM Employee Reviews

Found 8,528 reviews matching the search See all 23,289 reviews
Nice but challenging environment for work
AIX Administrator (Former Employee) –  Rochester, MNOctober 17, 2018
IBM is nice but challenging environment to work for. Its nice place for learning. There is no micromanaging at IBM & thats the best thing about IBM. Everyone who works for IBM belongs to different background & diversity is the key for IBM's success.
Pros
Cons
Alot of layoffs
Great Company
Field Services Representative (Former Employee) –  Gaithersburg, MDOctober 17, 2018
Since I signed a NDA, I am not at liberty to discuss the details of the work that performed at this location. All I can is that I really enjoyed my work.
Senior Software Engineer (Current Employee) –  Paramus, NJOctober 17, 2018
I enjoyed my time there. I had a lot of autonomy and was able to work at home most days. The people were wonderful and understanding. Great work life balance.
Pros
Was able to work at home
Cons
too much bureaucracy
Ibm
Hybrid Cloud Executive (Current Employee) –  Dallas, TXOctober 17, 2018
Great learning experience & training, many different opportunities within IBM to grow, opportunities to work with cutting edge technologies, growth potential in services, software and hardware technologies.
Slow paced place to work. Challenging management.
Sales Manager (Current Employee) –  Cambridge, MAOctober 17, 2018
Challenging management at a high level. IBM is going through a challenging shift and it is taking time to get there. Hopefully IBM is likely to transform and return to growth but I see it unlikely.
Great Company
Manager - General Project Management (Former Employee) –  Dubuque, IAOctober 17, 2018
Wonderful company to work for. I was lucky enough to work with individuals from all over the U.S. and the world. Very intelligent and passionate people to work with.
Driven teams for results
Asset/Account Manager (Current Employee) –  VariesOctober 16, 2018
Learned Agile Practices
Learned Project Management (various levels)
Education Driven
Hardest - Meetings
Enjoyable - Travel
Customer Driven
Education positive
Pros
Travel / Leanring
Cons
Too much work and not enough time
IBM was a good learning experience
Enterprise Software Sales Leader (Former Employee) –  Atlanta, GAOctober 16, 2018
IBM was an unstable organization with below average leadership at Executive levels. I learned a lot about how to navigate a large, complex sales organization such as IBM including how to promote my product brand to account client executives and software client leaders.
Pros
Learning experience
Cons
Instability throghout the organization, constant change
IBM Review
Compliance Project Manager (Former Employee) –  Beaverton, OROctober 16, 2018
Employed at IBM for approx 12 years.
IBM has too many RAs that eliminate employees who are very good at their jobs to meet some corporate financial goal.
Pros
The people that work there are intelligent
Cons
RA's are constant
IBM as middle manager
IT Security Analyst (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 16, 2018
IBM is a stable organization and offers a lot for employees who like exploring different projects and systems. I like autonomy so IBM has been a good fit for me. IBM is very stingy about pay increases especially at the middle management level. There is definitely a bottleneck at the partner level and if you are not at the partner level you are scratching and clawing your way to surviving the cost of living in some very expensive locations- especially with daycare and high mortgage costs following the housing bubble.
Pros
Autonomy, brand equity, flexibility
Cons
pay, promotion visibility
Great place to start a career
MANAGING CONSULTANT - HCLS DIGITAL PRACTICE (Current Employee) –  Washington, DCOctober 15, 2018
No two days or two projects are the same at IBM. You can direct your career in many different ways and there are plenty of opportunities to learn and grow. Experience is very manager and organization dependent, however, and depending on your organization there is little to no job security.
Systems Services Representative (Current Employee) –  Schaumburg, ILOctober 15, 2018
Upper management is so disorganized, and appears to have no idea what direction this company is headed. The lack of leadership is rampant within the company.
Benefits
Cons
Lack of any type of leadership.
Great colleagues
UX / FRONT END DEVELOPER (Former Employee) –  Littleton, MAOctober 15, 2018
The thing I loved best about IBM was the quality of people you work with every day. I always felt like I could turn to anyone and they'd have my best interest at heart. The managers cared about their people and my peers were second to none.
Pros
Great culture if you aren't looking for a startup environment.
Cons
Can feel a bit behind the times on occasion
Workplace culture
Indirect procurement consultant (Current Employee) –  mexicoOctober 15, 2018
Multi country teams and all as equal as important and integrated as we can be, we feel valued and taken into consideration, we have weekly meetings that keep us in the loop and we have opportunities to grow
Pros
Multi-country culture
Cons
Less face to face interaction
IBM'in Boulder
Subject Matter Expert / CSR (Former Employee) –  Boulder, COOctober 15, 2018
IBM, I Be Moving.

IBM Boulder runs, I assume, as most other locations do these days. The majority of the work force is employed through contract-labor companies, which impacts the amount of PTO, scheduling, and pay compensation offered to the employee.

Individuals who are offered a contract to work directly for IBM tend to fair better in regards to work/life balance and a "livable wage." The turn-over tends to be fairly high due to the nature of the work and the lack of available opportunities for growth within the company.
No Opinion
Manager (Current Employee) –  New York, NYOctober 15, 2018
Not a place for most, especially not for those with any vision or ambition. IBM is ready to go to pasture - nearing the glue factory - and the senior executives, and all executives for that matter, have their own craniums buried you know where.
Excellent for career growth
GBS Solutions Delivery Executive (Former Employee) –  Herndon, VAOctober 15, 2018
The virtual work environment has its pros and cons. Individual success can contribute to company growth, but leadership has its own metrics for success.
Enjoyed my time with IBM
Advisory Financial Analyst (Former Employee) –  Tucson, AZOctober 14, 2018
IBM outlined my objectives and I would either meet or exceed expectations. It was a great place to work. IBM colleagues are exceptional folks.

I was deployed twice to the middle east with the military short tours. IBM made up the difference between my military base pay and IBM salary. There was no personal hardship regarding pay and benefits with IBM. I'm eternally grateful for IBM.

IBM paid for my under graduate degree after my G.I. Bill expired which again, I'm grateful to have worked for this amazing company.
Nice company
Senior Consultant-SAP OTC (Former Employee) –  USAOctober 14, 2018
Nice company to work for with lots of learning opportunities. They have lots of work in SAP domain. Very friendly work environment with nice work life balance.
Pros
Nice work life balance. Have enough work in SAP area.
Cons
Salary & Benefits are not great. No Bonus
I learned a lot at IBM, it was a very professional company.
Helpdesk Researcher (Former Employee) –  tampa FlOctober 14, 2018
It's been a long time since I worked here so I have forgotten a lot and I know there have been many changes.
I do remember that the work environment was somewhat stressful, the manager I had in this role was very difficult to work with! I do miss the people and the money!
Pros
I made good money!
Cons
Management didnt really care about the employees, just that the job was done!

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

57.8K

3.3InHerSight Score

3.0Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight

Powered by InHerSight