IBM
Happiness rating is 71 out of 100

IBM Employee Reviews

Found 11,170 reviews matching the search
I was excited when I started at IBM, Learning the different technique of how to build different systems to customer standard was very exciting. But when working with some of the people there was very dissatisfying. Some is trying to blame you for things that you can get wrote up for, Some didn't want to show you the whole process of how to complete some of the project, you just place items in servers and their do the rest. some of the manager would tell you "you are not a good fit for the job without telling you why. There was no Work Ethic, mostly everyone had their own agenda. Ether you kiss up or get kicked out and a company of that caliper should not have that in the work place.
Pros
Snack, drinks, coffee, work on some of the older server to learn rebuilds
Cons
Learn on your own dont ask anyone, Read the book don't ask. ve
The work is plenty interesting and the coworkers are great. The work culture is appropriately casual and cooperative. The notable downside is hiring so many people as contractors. Promotions are incredibly rare and most people leave within 2-3 years at most.
Pros
Work flow
Cons
Contract work, no benefits, little hope of promotion
Constantly swapped projects, no real clear vision. Direct managers were pretty helpful but outside of them anyone else wasn't available to talk with. Overall bad experience.
Benefits
Cons
Low pay
IBM is a cross matrixed organization and it takes time to learn how to engage with all the teams. It can be a bit overwhelming the first few months, but try to find a IBM mentor.
Pros
Major corporate and strategic accounts - great opportunity to learn
Cons
The decade of service we spend spent prior to being acquired was wipe away.
Just the worst place to work. I cannot believe that these people have kept this company alive for so long. The only thing you can do is take the job and IMMEDIATELY start looking elsewhere.
Would you rate your company five stars?
Rate your employer to help people make better career decisions.
it is a great company to work for. I was super satisfied. It doesn't have the best pay in the market, but it is very competitive. I had a great life-work balance there. Some times I had to work extra time, but nothing really concerning. I was able to enjoy my personal life most of the time.
Pros
work-life balance
Cons
compensation
Job started great, I learned alot. Then it got boring and no longer challenging. Also was underpaid and the benefits cost alot. The management changed due to some restructuring and they did not stand up for employees
Pros
Easy
Cons
Compensation
Loved working here. Great co-workers. Good managers. Fulfilling work. They pay well and lots of career and education opportunities. Would highly recommend.
When you are hired, you are promised various career growth opportunities, but you will quickly find out that once they place you in a certain area, they will try to keep you there with no incentives for advancement. Bonuses and promotions are rarely given. You are not placed on projects based on your skillset and interests, but based on billable work available. Training isn't always afforded/available for the type of project work you will be assigned. Expect to use your personal cell phone and internet services for client work. No technical equipment or support is provided to you outside of the work laptop. Teammates are very supportive and helpful, but little to no support from the higher-ups. Overall, if you are looking for a job that is complacent and looking to get a start in the industry with mediocre pay, this would be the place to begin.
Pros
great introduction to career in the tech industry, supportive internal team members, diversity and inclusion
Cons
salary, work/life balance, organizational structure, management, lack of training, communication, no work phone or internet provided for analysts and consultants, etc.
Have worked at IBM for over 20 years. Used to be a great place to work with fair wages, education, lots of opportunities, and good benefits. However, over the years the pay was stagnant, the cut-throat politics grew, job security disappeared, internal opportunities disappeared, and the workload became unbearable as you watched your coworkers get laid off.
Pros
Remote work. Coworkers and lower management were great
Cons
Constant layoffs, stagnant pay, everyone for themselves mentality
Nice to work Good work culture Work from homePaternity leave 3 monthsGood benefitsShared projects allocation is not good idealogyManagers are good
Pros
Good benefits
Cons
Enjoyed my stay in this company, but salary is justifiable because workload is not that much. However you need to wait for 1 whole month for your salary too.
Pros
Schedule, wfh
Cons
Salary
Good compensation and benefits. Managers are always willing to help. the company has a good response on the workplace difficulties caused by the pandemic.
There are some amazing people with great hearts. They are willing to learn new things and bring everyone along in the learning journey. There is a high value on learning.
IBM always had their way of doing things. I spent two weeks in training before I sat down at a desk. Then I spent moving around as a temp before given a permanent assignment. The last position I had I spent half the day as a secretary and the other half of the day as a programming librarian which entailed coding PL/1. I enjoyed my work and the people I worked with!
Pros
Great training for new jobs.
Cons
None.
Great pay and benefits. Good HR , Upper management performance is pretty good, a little path to move up the ranks if you are in the right group or vertical. Too many managers to report to.
Pros
Great salary and benefits.
Cons
Too many mid level management
This is a decent place to start off after college and get your feet wet, however don't plan on making it the place you will retire from. I worked there for almost 20 years and the culture has changed immensely, it's not the same revered IBM from back in the day. One would never have to worry about layoffs, but as the years have gone on every month there are massive layoffs. Also I found that work-life balance was almost non existent in my role. I could not take a vacation day or any time off without having to bring my laptop with and having to log in and work on my vacation.
Pros
Free Coffee/Snacks
Cons
No work-life balance
Good place to work but only focus on numbers, results. Doesn't take into account people who are always there for their shifts versus people who seem to be sick or take time off with no notice to the rest of the team.
Pros
Work remote
Cons
no loyalty to employees
The company has NO downtime. You're either overwhelmed with work, or in danger of being laid off. There is no in between, and work life balance is very difficult to maintain in an environment such as this. Management is in the same predicament, but are generally friendly and pleasant to work with.
Pros
Coworkers and management are friendly and team oriented.
Cons
No work life balance. Difficult to use time off.
Some of the smartest and most professional people I have ever met. I Had opportunites for learning and advancement, nad worked with professionals in cutting edge technologies.
i am working at IBB korea as a consultant. IBM is nice place to work, but I'm not satisfied with salary and other compensation. I think WLB is not tha bed than industry average
  1. Employee Reviews