IBM Employee Review

it was a pleasant place to work
Production Implementation Analyst (Former Employee) –  I worked at the John Hancock office in Boston, MANovember 16, 2013
A typical day was coding, testing and implementing jobs into production. Scheduling same day requests.

Other IBM Employee Reviews

work life chokes personal life
Sales Executive (Current Employee) –  DC - District of Columbia, DCApril 22, 2018
IBM requires far too many hours and mandates far too many administrative tasks for the pay received. It is a service provider with too few innovative initiatives for its employees. Too many good old boys holding positions for 30+ years leading to a very stale, slow, old-fashioned atmosphere. Sucks to be a woman there even though the CEO is female.
Easy going workplace with low pay, low job security
Application Development Specialist (Current Employee) –  Baton Rouge, LAApril 22, 2018
IBM was a great place to start my career. I learned more there than all of my years in school however the pay was sub-par to most starting developers and the benefits were delayed for two years. I was able to work from home twice a month which was nice and also felt that the workplace was very friendly. Big issues come about if you do not find a project as you will be fired in a certain amount of time. Also there was a big issue when knowing that you bill a client 5 times as much as IBM pays you.
Pros
Work from home days, relaxed workplace, events for employees
Cons
job security is low, low pay, hard to move up

Ask a question about working or interviewing at IBM. Our community is ready to answer.

57K

InHerSight Score

3.1Personal Development

3.4Career Opportunities

3.7Family Support

Women rate the female-friendliness of their workplaces on InHerSight